Fallen Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad! I have two solutions

1.) I make a second race of elves that age differently
2.) You could change the age to match!

Really sorry! I take all the blame Dx I'll post the IC once we get one or two more CS

Would it be possible to say that, for the first 15 years of life, elves age one year physically for every two years mentally? And then they take on the normal ten year aging process? That way, children are able to grow up faster and spend more of their life as a physically mature adult, instead of relying upon their parents to take care of them. That would also allow freyy to have a character who is only 40 years old, since I get the impression she wants to have a character of relative innocence. That would mean my character left home at a physical age of 17.

Luminescence_by_Zephyrhant.jpg

Name
Eovaine Rynolt

Description
Eovaine is a tall, lithe elf with a strong jaw, fair skin, and bright, shining green eyes. His hair is light brown that reaches down to the middle of his back, which he keeps in a single, thick braid. Save for the hair on his head, he is virtually hairless everywhere and is considered quite handsome for an elf, despite the number of scars running along his torso and back. His casual wear consists of green silk robes over a finely tailored and embroidered doublet with matching breeches. His more practical wear, and what people easily recognize him in is a hard leather boiled body armour with long, loose pale green sleeves under an embroidered hooded robe. Occasionally, when out on missions, Eoviane puts red war paint on his face, three streaks running diagonally across.

Race
Elf

Nation
Elinshire

"Class" (What would you call yourself? Archer, Mage, Shaman, Knight, Paladin, Etc.)

Assassin

Weapons
Eovaine has a bow gifted from his father, several cleverly hidden daggers around his body - including in his boots, his back, his sleeves, and his sides - throwing knives, and a short sword.

Magic (If Any)

Although he hates the notion of using anything else besides his own personal skills, he cannot deny the aid magic has given him in his endeavours and so he knows just enough shadow magic to keep him concealed in lightly lit places from the untrained eye.

Bio (Optional)

Eovaine grew up with his father, a merchant who had an unusually high skill in combat that traveled throughout the continent, selling his wares and trying to make a decent living for him and his son. Although Eovaine never knew his mother, his father did a decent job raising him, acting both parts when needed and constantly keeping the young adventurous elf in check. At the age of five, Eoviane was taught how to count coins and the ways to make a good trade, by the age of twelve he had mastered several disciplines of maths and was able to calculate complex equations in his mind effortlessly, despite this however, his father said he had never seen a poorer trader than his son.

However, Eovaine's father kept pushing him to become better, but each trade that his son led caused his father massive losses in profit. Getting fed up with his obvious lack in trading, he asked his father to allow him to learn how to fight, a conversation they had had many times prior that ended with his father's outright refusal, but seeing his son had no future in trading, he eventually gave in and began teaching him how to hunt with the bow and throwing knives. Eovaine also went through a strange training regiment by having to follow and tail animals for as long as he could without them realizing he was present, his father always encouraging him to find new and unique solutions to his problems each time he failed.

His training lasted for several decades before he finally fully mastered the skill and his father immediately began teaching him hand-to-hand combat and how to use his opponent's weight and size in his favour, he was also trained in armed combat on how to use a number of weapons, his favourite being the dagger and short swords.

After he reached the age of 174, he was invited to become a spy and an assassin for the Council of the Wise. After accepting their invitation, he was put through a short training period before being inducted completely.

Personality

If one were to describe Eoviane in only one word, it would be charismatic. How he's so charismatic and sow awful at the trade business has had many racking their brains; perhaps it's because he sees everyone that's not him inferior in some way, after all, he is an exceptional spy and a master mathematician. His charisma is almost always laced with a minute hint of cynicism, and he suffers from a major case of superiority complex. It's not that he can't work with others, he can, just as long as they don't get in his way, or he might have to make their lives come to an abrupt end. It's happened before. Quite a bit, too.

Added to his charm is his great elvish qualities, making him something of a ladies man. Every time he's sent on a mission, he makes a goal to try and bed the wealthiest woman in whichever city he's going to, which succeeds more often than not, but he's had a few cases of wine splashed in his face, which would end with red stains on the carpet. Naturally, sleeping and killing wealthy women has made him quite famous in a few places within the continent, and a few cities even have bounties on his head, but they're more for show than anything else, an elven assassin that works for the government is a scary thing, indeed.

However, despite his charismatic and somewhat chaotic attitude, he can easily change his demeanour into someone who is calm and collected, or mayhaps even scared and jittery if the situation called for it. Simply put, as a spy, he can and will turn into something else, someone new, as if Eoviane never existed in the first place, maybe that's why the Council of the Wise hasn't canned him yet, his results in the field outweigh his apparent personality defects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! Any other way I can help get this rolling?

Oh, for whenever it comes up. I would like to add that Cirdan has completed the Trial for Orc-Hood to the level of a lower Chief, and is a member of the Road. Should I add that into my character sheet?

Oh shoot, bad internet made me post twice D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds interesting I'll post soon.

Yeah, sure. I can easily change my age. 16 sounds good!

365547.jpg

Name
Dar Ironbolt the Third
Race
Iron Rock Dwarf
Nation
Iron Rock
Class
Crossbowman
Weapon
Dwarvish Crossbow
Set of Dwarvish Bolts
Set of Dwarvish Rope Bolts
Set of Dwarvish Fire Bolts
Set of Dwarvish Explosive Bolts
Vial of Elven Poison
Dwarvish Ale
Personality
Fun, Tries to be funny, will do anything for friends or ale. Carefree

How quickly are we going to wind up getting into the main part of the plot? Do we want to give the characters a chance to meet up and interact for a little while first, or are we going to plunge directly into action?

If we've got the time, I'd love to have Cirdan and Irah meet up. It would be interesting to see how she reacted to a non-orc who actually respects her, and has a reason to earn a little bit of her respect.

Reactions: Banana-senpai
I think we should interact a bit too. It'll help to get the rp moving a little smoother.

Also ohmygosh Peregrine, I've been staring at your avatar for the longest time and just now realized that it was a bird. I thought it was an artsy abstract upside down wine glass. :O >.>

Artsy abstract upside-down wineglass? I'll take that.... :lol:

So, shall we just hijack control, and go have our characters meet? Despite this mysterious fire that seems to be burning somewhere?

Yesss! But I actually have to go to bed now but I'll respond to you in like....seven hours. :O

Seven hours it is! I'll be in school then, but whatever.

I was gonna let everyone interact a bit, then start the plot! Gonna give everyone time to post and anyone else that might want to join hop in!

Could someone do me a favor and make a list of the names of the characters and their classes? I would, but don't have time to!

Humans
Draak Morgenstern - Human - Mage / Incubus Prince

Zeke Falstin - Human - Paladin / Hattori Hanzo

Celthric Rivtdale - Human - Duelist / Lonewolf888978

Brother Kwah - Human - Cleric / Lonewolf888978

Elves
Círdan Ancalimë - Elf - Monk / Peregrine

Aavet - Elf - Healer / freyy

Eovaine Rynolt - Elf - Assassin / Torack

Dwarves
Dar Ironbolt the Third- Iron Rock Dwarf - Crossbowman

Orcs