Fallen Feathers (ReBoot) Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might I be a vice-captain in Knights Errant, or a captain of of their numbers?

Samurai battles were typical a series of one to one fights. They cut their opponent's head as a proof of their victory. Samurai would perfume their hair with incense to make it more pleasant for their enemies.

So he would essentially give the heads to his commander who would be essentially his Daimyo.

Uhhh.. The knights Errant isnt a Japanese samurai guild, and there i no need for the chopping of monster heads...but I guess if that is something you want your character to do!

I suppose you could be something of a higher ranking official in the Errant.

As for the perfume....If that floats your boat!

Name
Tandara
Tandi for short

Race
Changeling

Nation
She is a type of drifter, like a gypsy

Class
Archer

Weapon
Bow & Arrows, Knives

Magic
The ability to change form

Biography
Her family and their families before them roam mostly the desert areas but have been known to inhabit other areas and have been mostly traders but also hire out as sell-swords and also tell fortunes and basically whatever is needed to survive. Tandi is no different in that she hires out for hunting parties because she is an excellent huntress, having been an archer as long as she can remember.

Personality
Tandara is a level headed woman that knows what she likes and goes for it when she wants it. Men follow her around but for some reason she is rather cool towards them and doesn't show much interest at this time. She loves a good joke and enjoys dancing and parties but it's all business when she is hunting though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh.. The knights Errant isnt a Japanese samurai guild, and there i no need for the chopping of monster heads...but I guess if that is something you want your character to do!

I suppose you could be something of a higher ranking official in the Errant.

As for the perfume....If that floats your boat!

I think you missed the point. But I will try to explain:

1.) I never said "Knights Errants" WERE a samurai guild. But if you read carefully, their goals are very much similar.

2.) The beheading of a enemy in battle and its presentation to the commander or a person they feel is fit to rule them. It is an an honor. Think of it as him bestowing a trophy. He's expressing his skill and worth.

3.) Perfume has been used on men for ages. From death and funerals, to sexual attraction. Anointing ones hair with oils and burning incense inside the kabuto (helm) so that, if a warrior of the same caliber claims their head--its a courtesy.

Those things aside, I would be more than happy to play the role of a higher echelon.

It may be a sign of respect when a samurai presents a head to someone else, but, thank you all the same, I'd find it remarkably rude if someone walked up to me and gave me a head. The captains of the Knights Errant may be benevolent wanderers, but most of them were just... people. People who took an interest in helping other people. If you want to start presenting heads, feel free, but that doesn't mean everyone would be happy about it. Because not everyone is a samurai.

what if it was the head of one of your worst enemies?

Just because it is my enemy doesn't mean his corpse doesn't deserve a little bit of respect. And it wouldn't make a head any less creepy. Have you ever seen a decapitated head? The tongue gets bloated, the eyes start to rot.

Of course, this is all just friendly debate. Nothing serious.

Wolf, you still owe me half a conversation!

I'll take her as soon as we talk about shapeshifting! Other than that, adore the character.

lol thanks :) what did you want to talk about in the shape shifting area? o,0 lol

I sent you a PM. Did you not get it? It would probably be better to hash out the details there, so that we don't clutter up the OOC. But we can do it here if it is easier for you.

• Thank You
Reactions: lynzy
It may be a sign of respect when a samurai presents a head to someone else, but, thank you all the same, I'd find it remarkably rude if someone walked up to me and gave me a head. The captains of the Knights Errant may be benevolent wanderers, but most of them were just... people. People who took an interest in helping other people. If you want to start presenting heads, feel free, but that doesn't mean everyone would be happy about it. Because not everyone is a samurai.

I never said EVERYONE would be happy about it. Not everyone will understand everyones customs. Your character sure as hell won't get Ruthgars behaviors. But that's what makes a world. A mixing pot of cultures, beliefs--etc.

Samurai did treat fallen enemies with great respect. Especially the headss they'd claimed. They'd ofthen wash then them, anoint so that they would be presentable.

Just because it is my enemy doesn't mean his corpse doesn't deserve a little bit of respect. And it wouldn't make a head any less creepy. Have you ever seen a decapitated head? The tongue gets bloated, the eyes start to rot.

Of course, this is all just friendly debate. Nothing serious.

Wolf, you still owe me half a conversation!

I have seen decapitated heads. I'm a US Arm Y Ranger. I've been in some rough parts of the world where decapitated heads are the lease of your worries. You ever seen a man hung by his own entrails on a telephone line?

As I said, just because they decapitate their foe, doesn't mean its for cruelty. In fact, it mostly happens when the defeated enemy is seeking a way to retain his honor. So the Samurai warrior often gives him a quick clean death.

It also takes a matter of days for bloating and such to occur, depending on how well preserved the body is, the temperature etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying I'm going to go around chopping people's heads off--unless they deserve it or its battle which he is sent to fight.

Knights Errant

A group of knights, warriors, and other combatants who have decided to dedicate their lives to the fight against the Creatures of Hell for the good of the world in general, rather than their own person country. They roam the land in large groups, dispensing aid wherever it is needed, and living primarily off of the generosity of the local people. Their numbers are constantly in flux as they frequently gain new members, but their job is also incredibly risky and has a high death toll.

The captains of the Knights Errant may be benevolent wanderers, but most of them were just... people. People who took an interest in helping other people.

These two remarks clash--if not, are oxymorons. A knight is a person granted an honorary title of knighthood by a Monarch or other political leader for service to the Monarch or country, especially in a military capacity. The same is for Bushi (Warrior) or Samurais. Their lords are called Daimyo.

People can hold chivalry, or understand Bushido--but that doesn't make them a knight or a Samurai. The feudal class does. All Samurai were born through lineage. There were different ranking Samurai in the caste. In Europe, knighthood has been conferred upon mounted warriors. During the High Middle Ages, knighthood was considered a class of lower nobility.

So they aren't "just" wanderers. They are crusaders and Samaritans.

I am not beyong reproach here--I am simply trying to make you understand.

I don't care that much. Do what you want. But Knights are not necessarily Samurai, and warriors and combatants aren't necessarily knights.

The IC is up, everyone! If your character is listed in the accepted characters list both Wolf and I have given a green light. Feel free to post with it!

I don't care that much. Do what you want. But Knights are not necessarily Samurai, and warriors and combatants aren't necessarily knights.

Again I never said they were. Thy have various and often times conflicting senses of "right" and "wrong". I also never said combatants weren't the same as knights either. I was pointing out the fact that they aren't just " benevolent wanderers, but most of them were just... people. People who took an interest in helping other people." :P

Status
Not open for further replies.