Fallen Earth

Liona starts coughing when the smoke hits her. She then rolled her eyes at the woman's firearm, she didn't prefer guns, they were loud and just kind of annoying to her. She much preferred her crossbow than that metal device.

"Oh," Anna said, annoyed. You go ahead and try to read my worker's lab notes, and call me back later. "But really, just some... Test results and incident reports, that's all. Run along now." She then looked back to her papers.

Liona looked like she was thinking pretty deeply for a minute then shook her head with a smile on her face, "Um… How about no. I want to know more about how to defend against those zombies." She said with a shrug.

Kaz pulled her hood down letting her hair flow freely and looked at the two. "She thinks she is sooo smart." She thought to herself as she huffed and drank some whiskey.

"This sheet won't help ANYONE until I decipher it," Anna hissed. "I leave the newbies in charge for ONE day and look what happens? They use. The. Wrong. Syringe. Just ONE. Causes all of this. These are the reports from the tests done on the organism before they broke out, infecting most of the workers present."

Liona laughs a little at Kaz's joke she then hikes her bag up farther on her shoulder and looks back to Anna in confusion, "Wha-what do you mean?" She then becomes angered a bit, "Wait, are you saying that it was your fault there's zombies now?"

Kaz looked at Anna. "Didn't you have precautions? Like lockdowns? I've had to steal some paper from other Bio engineering companies and they all had lockdowns that nearly kept me from leaving." she asked curously.

"Well," Anna said, responding to one question at a time. "It was not MY fault specifically, just the workers'. Also, the higher-up wanted me to put them in charge during the meeting, so it's his fault as well. To answer the other question, of COURSE we have lockdown! That wouldn't help the workers after being changed into zombies anyways. According to the footage, it seems that the zombies clawed a bit of the way through the steel door over the weekend, and one of them somehow was killed by a survivor and it fell onto the button, releasing all of them. The survivor isn't alive anymore, of course... Quite unfortunate, no? HAHA!"

Kaz laughed abit. "I like your sense of humor. So how is the decyphering going Miss Scientist?" She asked as she put out her cigarette.

Jack had been listening to all of the people conversing without a word until the soldier that had walked into the bar "i agree with her! if it werent for my shotgun i would b zombie-chow! speaking of chow...." he said and went digging into his pack and pulled out a military grade Meal Ready to Eat. it was buffalo chicken. he asked the bartender for a large cup of hot water and looked back to the scientist "Have you even been to the watelands yet?"

Liona looked over to Jack curiously when he pulled out the Read to Eat meal, she hadn't ever seen something like that before so she wasn't sure what it could be. "What is that thing?" She asked, pointing at it in confusion.

Kaz followed the fingers' point and looked at the MRE. "Oh that? That's about the crappiest food you'll ever eat, but it's light weight, nutritious, and keeps good for three years on a shelf. Every merc or military personel in the field eats them. But I'm sure you can find those anywhere now considering the cercumstances."

Liona turned to face Kaz when she spoke. When she finished speaking, she nodded her head in understanding. "Oh..." She shrugs, "Cool." She has a small smile on her face. She was still a bit curious about it.

"Here. Try one for yourself." Kaz dug in her rucksack then pulled out an MRE then tossed it to Liona. "Don't thank me till you've tried it." She laughed abit.

Liona quickly caught the MRE and had a look on her fas that was a mix between thankful and a little confused at Kaz's comment. "Um... Ok..." She looked down at the box she was now holding, "So, I just add hot water and it's ready?" She asked. She really had no idea what she was supposed to do for this meal, since she was a kill for hire, she never could travel very far from a town nor did she need food like this that could stay ready for long periods since she always had some money with her to buy fresh foods.

Anna ignored them from that point on, until she finally finished reading. "Well," She said to the group. "It appears that the zombie virus is really a malicious strain of Solanum, originating from various plants from around the world. Because it is viral, antibiotics do nothing. It then attacks the bran and takes it over, making a zombie's only mission to eat human flesh and not feel any pain. This is why they must be killed through a wound to the head!"

"Yep, open it and pour hot water in it." Kaz answered Liona. She then looked at Anna. "You don't necessarily have to kill them with a wound to the head. Decapitation and dislocating their spinal system are easier and work just as well."

Anna sighed, not wanting to explain this again. "Well,an injury to the spinal cord WILL disable them, however, it cannot kill them as easily. Sure, they die eventually after their brains and bodies have rotted, but j-just, just try to get them in the head..."

Kaz rolled her eyes at Anna. "Yes Miss Science Lady. That takes the fun out of it though.." She pulled out her axe. "I wouldn't use this as much."

Anna rolled her eyes at her new title, and decided to check her equipment to pass some time. "So," She said to the small group idily. "What brings you all here?"