Fallen Angel

Maydon watched Tae as she laughed. She would have made a very good angel.
"Sweatshirt it is then." He said with a nod. 'Two days...man thats fast.' He thought.
When she asked if he would go to school with her, he shrugged. "I'm kinda too old. I'm older than you would think. Tho i do look 18. if i fudged so records and all that..." He dwindled off muttering. After a second, he looked at Tae and grinned. "I don't see why not. Though I will have to get more clothes and a place to stay." He gave that some thought and looked at the door. No noise,yelling or laughing. "Sounds like they've left. Would you care if I asked your mom if I could stay here?" He asked, not wanting to make Tae awkward. "I'll sleep on the couch. And I dont eat food." He shrugged.

Tae grinned as he said he could come to school.
"That's great! Since you look 18, you could pass as a senior!
Since I'm a freshman, I'll have a senior friend, How sweet!" She fistpumped the air.
She noticed the silence as well and nodded.
"I don't think My mom will mind. I would just advise to hide when her friends are around."
She was a bit confused.
"YOu don't eat? You didnt eat in heaven? Then wouldn't you need to eat here?" She curiously asked.

Maydon laughed at Tae's excitement about his going to school with her. "Okay. I'll go with you." He said, walking toward the door. "I'll go talk to your mom." He held a hand out toward her. "Come with me? I dont know what your mom would think about me walking downstairs without you there at least." He grinned at her. "And I'd rather not go down without you. It is your house after all."
He paused. "And no. Angels don't eat because we don't have to." He answered, waiting for Tae to come with him.

Tae looked at his outstretched hand.
She happily clasped her own hand in his.
She grinned at him and began walking down the stairs.
She heard her mom pulling pots and pans from the cabnients.
"She's in there, would you like to walk in first?" I whispered to him pointing toward the kitchen.

Maydon walked down the stairs, his large hand wrapped around Tae's much smaller one. He listened to their foot steps, or rather her footsteps. He grinned as he realized her cold barely hear her feet on the carpet. "Tae, you walk so quietly. Almost like an angel really." He muttered, letting her lead the way to the kitchen.
He nodded and let go of her hand, stepping into the kitchen he cleared his throat. He waited for the lady to look up at him. "Hello." He said, holding out a hand. "My name is Maydon and I am your nephew. My mother has died, so my father sent me down here." He lied, implanting the memories in her mind. "Can I please sleep on your couch and go to school with your daughter?"

Tae saw her mother look up at Maydon in confusion.
Her mother's look of shock by seeing a boy in this house, especially one with manners,
was evident on her face.
Tae was impressed at how easily an ex-angel could lie.
Wasn't that against the rules or something?
She saw her mother take Maydon's outstretche hand.
"Oh yes, my brother's son," Mother said.
"I'm so terribly sorry for you loss. Of course you can stay here!" Tae's mother patted his hand.
"We can sign you up for school and everything," She kept on.
"And across from Tae's bedroom is a spare, don't sleep on the couch dear."
Tae's mother began telling Maydon everything she could.
Tae was happy she had allowed him to stay so easily.

Maydon smiled. "Thank you aunt. I will help with the chores and such." He said motioning to Tae to go back up the stairs. "Oh," He added as he left the room. "Your friends are rude and nasty and should be kept away from Tae at all costs. Other wise they will get hurt for making fun of my cousin." Her mom nodded, he nodded back and grabbed Tae's hand and shrugged.
"I think I need some new clothes." He said, smoothing his shirt down with one hand. "Come on. Lets go." He said turning toward the door and waiting for Tae to come with him.

Tae was surprized at how he basically insulted her mom's friends.
And her mom just nodded.
It was like he had brainwashing powers!
THat would be so COOL!
Maydon mentioned new clothes and turned to the door.
"The mall! Hooray~" Tae laughed.
She grabbed his hand and headed toward the car..
"Uh, I can't drive...Can you?" She asked a bit embarrassed.

Maydon laughed. "Drive? Tae, I have wings!" He said shaking them out. "Who needs a car when you can fly everywhere..much faster if you ask me." He wrapped his arms around her waist. "Don't scream you'll draw attention to us." He said, pushing downward with his huge wings, in a couple of beats he was high above the houses. "Okay. Where's the mall?" He asked looking around for a big building with tons of cars and people walking around. Failing in finding them, he looked down at Tae.

Tae gasped as Maydon flew up into the air.
Fear enveloped her.
She wrapped her arms around Maydon's arms tightly.
She didn't want to fall.
Tae pointed, without letting go, toward some woods.
"Normally we go around the woods, but I guess you could fly over them."

Maydon laughed. He quickly took off in that direction, flying as fast as he could, while holding onto Tae's skinny body. Wanting to make this unforgettable, he did a loop-the-loop and gently floated down to the ground at a very long building crammed with people.
"Right." He said, still holding onto Tae's waist to make sure she was okay before letting go. "Where to now?"

When Maydon flew a loop, Tae gasped.
It was an amazing feeling.
Once, they hit the ground again, Tae felt herself not wanting to let go.
Reluctantly she did so and smiled.
"The mall~" she sang.
Then she began walking toward it.