Fall Of The Shadows (Desu-Juice, BadDeerGaming)

• Thread starter ᕼᗩᑕKᕮᖇ 707
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
(( God I'm so bad a decided what font color to use.
Also oh god sorry I just didn't know what to write. ))

[fieldbox="Somalion, white, dashed, 10"]
"Phew..." Somehow, he had always pictured demon to be really contract-crazy. "Sure... But this better not be a trap. There isn't a little girl keeping my powers suppressed." He watched her distrustfully.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Maple, Gray, dashed, 10"]Maple stopped in her tracks. She didn't face Soma, but still spoke, addressing him.

"Yes, well... you haven't been what I've been through..."

Silence.

"Having the kingdoms fall resulted and me and my siblings getting out souls taken from us... then our souls were locked away to never be heard from again. But... there was a way out. If I contracted with a human, I could have a chance of being free again. But as long as the human lives... they have half of my powers. Sometimes they are even able to suppress the remaining half of my powers that I possess."

She started to walk again.

"Whatever... I'll get my full powers back at some point anyways."

The kingdom was starting to come into view. There was cobble stone now leading into it, and a large gate was at the front with two guards on either side. The gate had a strange symbol in the middle of it as well. Once they caught sight of Maple, they immediately opened the gates for her... not really out of respect, but of fear.

"This way." Maple walked through the kingdom, past homes and buildings, all the way up to a large palace. In front of the palace were also gates with the same symbol in the middle, just like the previous gates. She led Soma inside, and up to where Marlove was, but she was no where to be found now.

"Hm... have I been gone for long?" She turned to look at a servant in the Palace. "Marlove... where is she?"

"I-I don't know... I saw her with a boy earlier..."

Another servant rushed in. "She's in the palace garden."

Maple nodded. "Alright. To the garden we go then."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Marlove and Marley, Plum, dashed, 10"]Marley lay down in a bed of flowers, inhaling the scent of tulips and daises deeply. This place was beautiful. It was hard to believe that this was hell. He tried pinching himself, trying to make sure he wasn't in some strange dream. He wasn't. He was kind of relieved actually. If he had woken up, that would mean Marlove wouldn't have existed. He was really starting to like her. She seemed so kind and gentle... he couldn't comprehend how she could be down here in such a dreaded place.

Marlove, meanwhile, was sitting on a stone bench close by, watching Marley play in the flowers. She was glad she thought of bringing him here. It seemed to relax him as well as cheer him up.

"Hey... Marlove?" She jumped a bit, surprised by the fact that he was not calling her 'mom'. His tone of voice sounded so serious now.

"How come flowers are blooming here, but are not blooming outside of the castle? I was out there... in the forest... all the trees were dead, and the water was so murky... Everything was like a swamp, but ten times worse." He leaned over towards a pond that was close to him. "How come the water is so clear and pure... this whole place is blossoming forth with life. I just can't understand it."

Marlove just sighed and smiled softly. "I don't understand it either, Marley."

"They've been blooming ever since Marlove came here." A voice from behind them spoke up. Marlove turned around to see it was Maple. She had brought the angel with her too. She smiled and pretended like she didn't know who he was.

"Well... hello there!" She said as she got up and walked over to the angel. "Who might you be?"

Maple, while Marlove was occupied, looked over to the boy and raised an eyebrow. He got up and slowly approached Maple.

"I'm uh... Marley. A-And you?" He couldn't help but feel intimidated by the taller woman.

"Maple." She stated plainly, and coldly.

Marley then backed away, not sure what else to say to her.[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:

[fieldbox="Somalion, white, dashed, 10"]Her story earned her no pity, not even the notion of empathy. Not yet, anyway. The memory of Ansiel's betrayal was still fresh in his mind, and Soma couldn't stop thinking about his own problems. And it didn't help that Maple was demon-scum.

The walk was spent in silence. First, neutral and only a bit frosty with bitterness, but then it became silence borne out of awe towards his surroundings.
Soma stared all around himself like a curious child. Angels, obviously, did not belong in hell- especially not in its kingdoms. This was fairly new to him, and he was captivated by the novelty.

A reflective surface caught his attention while they walked into the palace. Somalion caught a blurry glimpse of his bright hair and tan skin, slender form and baggy pants and all... but then his face...

The mark that Ansiel had carved into his eye and cheek was still there- and it forced his left eye into a sort of squint. Earlier, Soma thought this was simply because he was tired- eye muscles must get sore, just like the body... but no, it was the pale scar from his old friend's battleaxe that marred this young Adonis's face. He glowered at it, imagining what his back must look like if the potion Maple had given him had done such a bad job healing this simple gouge.

But then, Soma gave himself a somber smile. He liked the scar. It reflected just how he felt- hurt and angry. This would be a face of vengeance, he decided. At least to some extent.

Then they entered the garden, and Somalion found himself staring at his surroundings.

There were flowers here- blossoming bright and beautiful like they do in Heaven.

His lips parted in pleasant surprise- then a feeling of longing ambushed him in his state of child-like wonder. Heaven, where he could never go again... Somalion sighed the thought away- there was no point in thinking about it. Not when the plants around him were coloring his vision in bight rainbows and technicolor, seducing his nose with their air-weaves of sweet perfumes.

A girl approached him- she was a human, he could tell. This must be the girl containing the demon's power.

Not fully understanding her intentions, Somalion crossed his arms in front of his chest coldly. "Somalion. And your name human?"[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Marlove and Marley, Plum, dashed, 10"]Marlove gave him a curious look, wondering why he seemed so cold and closed off. Weren't angels supposed to be nice? Oh well... she just smiled warmly at him anyways.

"I am Mele-... Marlove." She keeps forgetting that in this world, her human name should not be spoken of. "And this boy over here... " she gestured towards Marley. "Is Marley. We just became friends today." She paused. "He's um... actually a cat."

"What do you mean... actually a cat?" Maple was towering over Marlove. She was a tall women who had a tendency to look more like a strict school teacher or a harsh mother.

"He came here as a cat but I asked for some of the servants here to turn him into a human so I could properly speak to him and ask him why he was down here. I think from now on..." she looked over to Marley and grinned. "I'll keep him by my side."

Marley's ears perked up at this and he grinned back. He was glad that once more he could be accepted somewhere.

Maple sighed. "Do as you wish, girl. As long as it does not affect me in a negative way, I shall allow it." She looked over to Marley with cold eyes. "I guess he'll be your pet from now on."

Marley snarled at Maple.

"I was thinking more like a son."

Both of them practically choked on the air when she said this. "S-Son? Him? A son of the queen of THIS kingdom would be a brave warrior. A knight! Not some lazy cat that lounges around all day."

"Well, he won't bother you in 'any negative way' so you should be alright with this."

Maple glared at Marlove. "FINE then."

Marley couldn't even speak he was so happy. All he could do was grin at the girl that he could officially call 'Mom'.[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Desu Juice

[fieldbox="Somalion, white, dashed, 10"]Somalion chuckled at their antics, surprising himself.
The girl, a pretty brunette with a kind face and sure stature was not what he expected from a vessel containing the terrible, unholy powers of a demon. And her cat, who caught Soma's eye with his fuzzy ears and sincere grin was also definitely unexpected. Somalion found himself tempted (how ironic) to touch the other male's ears. Maybe even feed him fish... Mouth-to-mouth. Woah, wait.

Soma shook his head, clearing the unholy thoughts.

He had never thought such things before. Not as an angel, and thinking about them now terrified him.
... He was truly lost then- graceless enough to be attracted to a feline. And a male, above all else.

NO. No way, he wasn't attracted to him! Gah! ... These thoughts were really beginning to piss him off, so Soma turned his attention to the garden again.
Flowers were always something he had adored- their softness, their sweet scent, the pigments of their royal buds were... comforting to him. Familiar, in such an unfamiliar place. Somalion sighed sadly to himself.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Marlove and Marley, Plum, dashed, 10"]Breaking his through his thoughts, Marlove spoke up to Somalia.

"Why are you down here?" She asked with gentleness in her voice. She was curious to know, but didn't want to seem too pushy. If he didn't want to tell her now, maybe with a bit more time he would reveal the truth later.

Marley got up and stood next to Marlove. He was about a head taller than the shoulder girl, but Maple was still the tallest. Marley's eyes only reached Maple's rosey red lips. He was still a growing cat... well now, BOY but you get my point.

Maple didn't say anything about how she asked him earlier already. She just waited to see if he would actually answer to Marlove.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Somalion, white, dashed, 10"]Somalion stared at the girl through with his lopsided gaze. He felt like he could trust her, however he had the same feeling about Ansiel- and boy did that turn out great, huh?
He shuddered, feeling his shoulders burn with the memory.

"Must you ask?" Somalion closed his eyes and sighed in frustration, white lashes fanning out on his cheeks. He was the shortest of the three, and definitly and personality-outlier.
"What about you? Why are you here?" Soma looked away, somehow feeling guilty for avoiding her question, although he wasn't sure why exactly. Pershaps some part of his prevously-kind nature was clinging to him.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Marlove and Marley, Plum, dashed, 10"]Marlove was surprised by his question, and wasn't sure how to answer.

"M-Me?" She stuttered out, looking at Maple with an unsure expression. Maple just shrugged, indicating that she didn't care how Marlove answered. "W-Well..." Turning back her attention to the boy, she swallowed hard before beginning to explain her story.

"There's just... someone I have to meet again. Someone who was taken from me... in my opinion... way too early." She paused, casting her gaze to the ground. "So... I was made an offer... which might let me see them again... or rather... get them back." Her gaze trailed off to the side. "It's not too important why I'm here. All I know now is that now that I am in this world, more things have been added to my... to do list."

Maple sighed. "Yeah, she has this weird idea that she could somehow get the 4 kingdoms back into heaven." She scoffed. "Like that'll happen..."

Marley's ears flattened against his head as he looked at Marlove with a gaze full of pity. He wasn't sure what had happened to her before she came here, but whatever it was it didn't seem like a pleasant experience.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Somalion, white, dashed, 10"]Somalion shrugged. "So you must have made a contract of some sort...?" He wasn't too sure about how things were run in Hell, since he was but a simple messenger angel.

What she said next caught his attention. His right eye opened wider, leaving the left behind in its squint.

He gaped at her, unsure of what to say.

A part of him recalled the day that the heavens split- the sorrow, the cluster of terrible feelings in his belly and the hot tears spilling down his cheeks... The other part thought of Ansiel.

Soma stopped staring and returned to his default expression of arrogant indifference. He crossed his arms across his chest for extra effect.

"Huh. Interesting."
... After some consideration, he added:
"Well, the heavens aren't what you think they really are. Strict, unfair..." He grit his teeth together, a terrible expression suddenly crossing his features.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Marlove and Marley, Plum, dashed, 10"]Marlove eyes grew a bit wider with a curious look spreading across her face.

"You don't seem to have a very good opinion of heaven... Well..." She lowered a voice to a mumble. "...I guess that's why you might be down here."

Marley then tried to change the topic. "Soooo uh... speaking of reasons why we're all down here, I have reasons too. Uh... even though I was originally a cat... yeah..." He coughed awkwardly and shifted on his feet.

"Yeah... someone dear to me died so suddenly... so I made a contract too in order to get them back. That's why I decided to stay here and help Marlove out with her goal and she promised to help me with mine since our goals are similar."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Somalion, white, dashed, 10"]"Tsk, oh you Earth-dwellers, always trying to bring back the dead... Haven't any of you read Frankenstein?"

Woah, was that an attempt at being light-hearted?

"But you two and I are alike- we bend the rules... Even if it is technically wrong."

Soma rolled his shoulders and stared with as much indifferance as he could muster at the cat-boy, but his cheeks still flushed faintly and he had to look at the ground as he spoke. "I'm here also because the demon recruited me." He flicked his irises as Maple, nose scrunching up with disgust.
"I figured I could repay her for healing me... Ehem, finding me." Oops, that might have been a little more infomation than Soma was willing to give up at this time, to these strangers.

"I don't really know what else to do anyway, so I'll help you with your blasphemy... There's no place for me in Heaven anyway."[/fieldbox]

((This RP is so amazing eeee <3
I LOVE Marlove and Marley~~))

[fieldbox="Marlove and Marley, Plum, dashed, 10"]Marlove grinned, happy to hear that Soma was going to help. Meanwhile, Marley did a funny dance around her, and Maple just facepalmed at Marley's antics. Then a servant ran up to the group, seemingly very distressed.

"Y-You're highness! The death hound group has infiltrated! W-what do we do?"

Maple sighed. "I bet it's Mitsu again. Hey Marlove, why don't you go say 'hi' to your little boyfriend?"

At this Marlove blushed. "He is not a boyfriend! He is the enemy!" And then she stormed off, Marley following after her and asking a million questions about what's going on and who the death hounds are.

Maple then turned her attention to Soma. "Sorry about this. It seems a demon group who wishes to exterminate us has gotten into our territory somehow. I swear..." she clenched her fists. "Once I get my hands on that hound boy I will absolutely slaughter him." Irritation was clear in her voice.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Somalion, white, dashed, 10"]Soma stared at her with a serious expression. "Demons...?"

His brows furrowed. He may hate demons, but he has never really lifted a sword against them. "I wasn't a fighting angel... I was just a messenger..."

The closest he had ever come to fighting a demon was slashing it a few times as he flew away.
Speed was his forte, but without his wings...

Soma sighed. He would simply have to get used to all of this- in fact, this was for the better. He had always wanted to fight a demon anyway.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Marlove and Marley, Plum, dashed, 10"]Marlove kept walking, talking to Marley all the way. She was walking to a place she KNEW Mitsu would be, waiting for her.

"Just stay behind me, Marley. You're not yet used to your human form, and therefore you won't be able to fight efficiently." She stopped in her tracks and turned to the boy, putting her hands on his shoulders. "You can still change back into a cat at will. We all can. Try to now... just to make sure."

"Why are you telling me this?" Marley stepped back, getting ready to try and transform anyways.

"Because if anything, you could change form and escape. I wouldn't want you getting hurt."

Marley couldn't help but blush at her kind words. He didn't think a girl from hell could be so... nice. Anyways, he had to try and transform right now. He concentrated as much as he could. He wasn't sure how this thing really worked... but then he began to feel funny. It was that same fuzzy feeling he got when they changed him from a cat into a boy. The feeling spread throughout his body, and then stopped. He wondered why the feeling had stopped so he opened his eyes to see Marlove was taller than he had remembered. Oh wait.

"You did it Marley!" She said excitedly. "You can stay in that form if you wish. Maybe it would be safer that Mitsu doesn't know about you... if he saw your face and saw you with me, he might make you another target."

Marley tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"Oh... right... you don't even know who Mitsu is. He's an assassin. He has come to assassinate me and Maple. Permanently."

Marley shuddered. The guy didn't really sound too nice... so he wasn't exactly eager to meet him.

"Come on, I know where he is." She paused. "This place had a chapel before while it was still a part of heaven, but now the chapel is in ruins. I have this feeling that he's in there."

Marley made a determined (cat) face at her and started to run up ahead of her. They could totally handle this, he thought to himself. Marlove followed closely behind.

~~~

Maple was headed in that direction as well with Soma. Mitsu was a sick and twisted boy. He would love to commit evil acts in the presence of God if he could... just to mock such a high power. So of course he would be in the chapel. It was his own kind of sick kink Maple had assumed.

"Do you need a weapon, Soma? To fight this sicko?"[/fieldbox]

(( Hahahaha, idk why but I read that as, "Marley made a demented (cat) face..." And I lost my shit. xD ))

[fieldbox="Somalion, white, dashed, 10"]Somalion was also surprised that the girl was so nice. He had always expected those contracted to demons to be... a bit more evil, to say the least.

The ruined chapel around him filled Somalion... With some sot of emotion. He couldn't quite place it. It felt wrong, he was unnerved by the aura of the place.

Soma knew that God must have wanted the Fall to take place, but he couldn't help but feel pity for the stones of the chapel around him. They, who have seen the greatness of heaven and fallen. They, who could not fly and were thus bound to the ground. Like him. It was strange. Somalion never expected to have so much in common with rocks.

His fall was much greater though. He was conscious of it, at least.

I guess you could say, he was grounded.

It was made much worse by that pun. killurself.

Maple stirred him out of his thoughts with her question. "No, I carry my own weapon." Soma recalled, for a brief moment, the hours he had spent training himself to fight. Just in case something bad were to happen- it looks like all that time payed off.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Marlove Maple and Marley, Plum, dashed, 10"]They all came to a halt in the middle of the chapel, looking up at the altar where a figure sat.

"So... you finally arrive. And you bring a couple of strangers along with you..." The boy up on the altar turned his head to face the group, smirking, the red of his eyes almost seeming to glow.

"What a pity. I was hoping to get some alone time with you, Marlove.~"

Marlove sighed, and got into a battle stance. "Let's just get this over with."

The boy had ears as well. Pointy dog ears like an alert German shepherd. One of his ears twitched when he heard the clank of metal against the ground. Marlove had summoned her scythe weapon and was ready to fight. She only wanted to scare him off... she didn't want to have to kill him, honestly. But Maple had some different plans...

"Alright dog breath, you better prepare yourself. You're in the presence of a high ranking demon, and if you don't leave quietly, you might have your head rolling by the end of this. Do I make myself clear?"

Mitsu smirked at her, his ear twitching again. He had a cigarette in his mouth, which he tossed onto the ground. As he got up from the altar, he stepped on it and grinded his foot into it, putting it out.

"Of course your highness.~ But don't forget..." With skill, he took out both of his pistols and spinned them around in his hands before gripping them firmly. "I'm high ranking assassin, sweetie.~"

He quickly began to charge at the group, making Marlove take a step back. This didn't look good.[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Somalion, white, dashed, 10"]What 'graced' his gaze was something he Somalion did not expect at all. The male had dog ears, and bright, piercing red eyes. Well, maybe the eyes he did sort of expect. Demons always seemed to somehow incorporate more sinister colors in their appearance.

His heart thumped in his chest as adrenaline rushed through his body in preparation for the fight. He could feel his weapon appear in his hand with a bust of bright blue light, and he bore the intricate longsword in front of himself as if to block an incoming attack. "I don't care who you are, you get near us and you die!" It felt good to sound threatening. Soma smirked gently.[/fieldbox]

(( I can't see Mitsu's text aaaaaah D:
and also sorry for lazy post. xD ))

((I'll make Mitsu's color beige then. XD))

Status
Not open for further replies.