Fall into my web

"Why do you think I try to run. I am nothing more then a slave here. But at my home, I have money. Plus, with you ruling, I can see why the people are so poor." Sayomi finally snapped. She gave him her opinion, and he came back saying basically that she was stupid. "Try getting your head out of your ass long enough to actually see what is happening. Trying reading some thing other then plays that, no matter how entertaining to read, fill your head with fake knowledge." Sayomi's normally honey brown eyes changed in moments, to almost the color of chocolate. She did not like being treated like this. She was at the end of her rope. "When people do not like the way that their leader leads, or the way he looks down at his people even, they will revolt. You make it sound like just because they are not soldiers. Well, united, the people are stronger then your soldiers. Cause determination is something that people with a strong mind will not loose." She looked at him, then put the books down. She would rather sit and write her own story to read at this moment, then have his. She knew Desmond would hear of this, but really, Sayomi didn't care. Even she was taken back to the dungeon master, her body was so numb, that she probably wouldn't be able to feel much.

"If you people didn't decide that I am not good enough because my skin looks more tan then yours, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. And it is not like I am running through hostile grounds. If you aren't scared of your own people, then why bring it up?" Though the only thing that showed as irritation on the young woman's face was her eyes, her face remained calm looking. Just like she was taught. "You should also know, eventually, slaves will try to fight for their freedom too. Even if it is the ancestor of a slave, who knows nothing of their home land. They will get tired of being treated like dirt, just because they look different." That was the last thing that Sayomi said before walking out. She was done talking to someone who she felt was so ignorant to even notice how badly he acts at times. Like a three year old denied his cookie. Her original attentions was not to speak in such ways to him, she had a bit of a hot head, and at times, couldn't control it.

As Sayomi walked from the room, she did not go back to where the maids stayed, nor to the kitchen. She out to the grounds. She could feel the eyes of the guards watching her like a hawk "I'm just walking! Calm yourselves." Her accent had grown thicker, as it usually did with anger. She crouched down, holding her knees, in front of a rose. She looked it dead in the center, muttering to herself in Latin. "
Abyssus abyssum invocat...Abyssus abyssum invocat."​

Marcelo gaped at her. Really! He thought. And to think I was generous to her! He seethed as he got the rest of his fencing uniform on. Childishly he thought about how he might get back at her and prove that she had no right to talk to him like that especially after he had been so kind. "I'll show her." He muttered a couple of times. "Her with her raven hair and her pretty face and those damn eyes. She thinks she's so special. She's only a foreigner, honestly." The maids came in to help him and his complaints became internal while he passively let them dawn his arm guards and brush his blonde curls back away from his pale and striking face. He calmed, eventually knowing there was nothing he would actually commit to doing to get back at her. She was too interesting to just do away with and too defiant to just punish conventionally. He realized he would have to vent in another fashion.

Marcelo went to one of the many dancing halls of the palace for his fencing lesson. The ceiling-high windows looked out on the garden and the sleek marble floors lent themselves to the curls and spins of the feet. He and the instructor danced back and forth in the swing of the épée. Marcelo flew into the staged fray in theatrical by messy style too distracted by thoughts of Sayomi to focus on anything but the expounding of energy. He grunted in frustration of failure to complete his stab and dropped the thin sword to his side. He ran his long fingers through his hair and the maids ran over to put it back in place just as he finished the move. He sighed and threw the épée to the floor. The girls picked it up tentatively and he put his hands on his waist gazing out the window with a huff.

Desmond walked back onto the grounds of the palace, nodding to the guards as he went. He had a simple sack over his shoulder as he walked. He saw Sayomi where she was in the garden and walked to her. The guards watched the pair curiously for a moment and then looked away knowing that Desmond was known to do strange things.
"Hello." He greeted her. He untied the sack from the bow at his shoulder and took out a beautiful and brand new copy of Doctor Faustus balancing it between his fingers. He also retrieved a slightly simpler copy of Romeo and Juliet and one of The Taming of the Shrew. "Here. I was afraid there may've been an altercation between you and the prince so I got these as apology for my cowardice at leaving so quickly. I'm too afraid to upset him. He's... sensitive. Anysay, uh- please do accept." He stashed Faustus away and held the two other books out to her.

As Sayomi looked at the rose, and admired its beauty, she only wished that everyone knew where roses actually came from. Not from this area at all. But they were so versatile, that they were able to be grown where ever the proper care was given. She had lost herself in her thoughts, when she heard a voice, she jumped, almost falling into the bush of flowers. She hadn't expected any body to come up from behind her. Once she caught herself, she looked over her shoulder, and there stood Desmond. She let out a smile, and then stood up, pulling on the dress that she wore. She was glad that he was back. She was hoping that he would. Though she couldn't help but think about the Prince. She found it rather odd that he didn't come after her. She honestly had expected him to march out dramatically have have her beaten some more.

When Desmond pulled out the books, her jaw dropped and she hugged him once more. She knew that he felt awkward being hugged, but she couldn't really help it, it was something that was in her nature. "Why would you think that you owe so much as to get me books. Not even one, but two. Even I know that I do not deserve that of you. But you seem to know me so well. Both with the books, and knowing that I cannot seem to go much of anywhere without there being an altercation." She gave him a child even more like a little kid then any of the others. Romero and Juliet was her favorite book. Though it was not as romantic as most thought. It was about a 13 and 17 year old who were in 'love' for only three days, and resulted in 6 deaths. "I do not think you were a coward Desmond. You knew was best to leave, and not to argue. That is not cowardice, but smart. And as for the books, I will accept, it you let me help help you."

The girl's smile changed as she looked at him "Tell me. Do you know how to dance?"

Desmond opened his mouth and, at a loss for proper words, only blushed and looked away. "Not properly, no. Not with someone." Desmond had been working and living at the castle for a long time, and although it wasn't as bad, his interaction with women was nearly as limited as Marcelo's. The dances he did know were the kind groups of men performed at taverns, nothing the woman he admired would be impressed by considering her status. His natural kindness prevented him from shying away from Sayomi's offer to teach him, (although his bashfulness compelled him to) he saw that the notion made her happy and all she ever seemed otherwise was distant, angry, or sad.

The girl grabbed his hand, and led him into the dinning hall. There was no one really in there minus some servants. And they just happened to be the ones she needed. "Wait here." She didn't really give the man a choice. With the way that he looked at everything, she figured that he would be good at what she was going to teach him.She went over to talk to the servants. She spoke to them quietly. They were mostly men, with a couple women. She had heard them sing before, they knew the music she needed. They were not from her land, but they were from a fairly close part. So their music would do. As they talked, she pointed back to Desmond. Explaining that she wanted to teach him how to dance.

After they agreed, she went back to him "One good way to a girls heart is to dance. I do not think that this dance is in this land, but it is seductive, and if you do it right, then it actually involves skill, not just remembering movements. It takes soul." She nodded to the other servants who began to sing, or more, make the beats with thier voices. It was tango music. It was perfect, or so she thought. She knew that he would be very shy, and awkward at first, but Sayomi thought that he would open up, and not mind it. Plus, what better way to overcome shyness then being so close to someone. She didn't show him anything at first on what he should do, but she took his hands in her soft hands, places them where they needed to be.

She smiled at him, and before she did anything, to show him the kinds of things that she meant by seductive. Which she hoped that he knew she meant close. She wrapped her left leg around his waist, and bent back wards as she moved a bit. It was nothing special, and nothing fancy. "No need to try to ease into a dance like this slow, when you are already shy. Best to just get it done and over, to get used to it faster." She said with a giggle as she was still leaning back, her long hait touching the ground.

Desmond was speechless and unsure of what to do. All he could do was fight a blush when she wrapped a leg around him and arched backward to demonstrate the tango. The servants went on singing the foreign song and he nodded politely to her to indicate some kind of understanding although he blushed like crazy. "I'll follow your lead then." He told her, lifting her up gently so he could speak to her face. The song built and he did follow her, mimicking the moves as he saw them. Desmond was not very bold or a brilliant learner but he had a talent for empathy and feeding into another person's state of being, which made him able to follow the spirit of the dance well enough in his lesson.

"I hope the prince was not unkind to you."
Desmond said to Sayomi although he stared at his feet following the backward slide of her shoes.

Sayomi gave a gentle laugh "Do not worry about the prince. He does not bother me. I do believe you will get an ear full of what I said to him though." She told him honestly. She figured that once Desmond went to take the book to the prince, then he would hear all of it, and maybe some that wasn't even part of it. After he knew the basic steps, she wanted to learn more about the female that he had his eye on. A little information, who help her decide what else to teach him. "As you know, different women like different things. But for the most part, they are very sensual, and want a man that knows that, but is also strong. That is why there is the tango. Sensual, and once you get more into it, the man must be strong enough to hold the woman up. But there are many versions of the dance. So please. Do tell me about about this girl that you wish to woe."

She looked over at the servants, and talked to them in Portuguese to continue working for now. Though they didn't really speak the language, they knew enough to understand. Sayomi missed being able to go into the town, and look to the sea, and to see Africa across from the country she lived in (Spain). She watched Desmond absent minded as she thought a little bit. She was not even sure how she got caught, and how she was then brought here. It all happened so quickly. She actually wasn't even sure where exactly she was. But she didn't let anyone else know that. She also went back to the prince. She couldn't help but think of the words that he had said. She knew that she had no right to talk, but she also was not as stupid as he thought. She just wished that he would see if through someone else's eyes. The way that he acts, and the way that he will one day rule. "What makes you want this girl, Desmond?"

"She's uh- that is... she's extraordinary. I see her and I can't even comprehend her. She's French, for one. The problem is she's much higher rank than me, much higher and she's very effervescent, something I have never been. She's sweet too, and very much, well, feminine I suppose." He laughed under his breath at his own inability to describe her without getting caught on his words and blushing. "She has blonde curls that she wears very close to her cheeks and a plump face and arms like a doll. I can't help but watch her all the time. I wouldn't doubt if she's never even noticed me though. See, the real issue is- and this is a big one- she's one of Prince Marcelo's courtships." He paused for a moment and exhaled as he dipped her and brought her back up. "His prime one, rather." He said this very carefully, communicating to her through his eyes that this was a big secret. "The queen favors her. If I were to offend her it would be my neck and more."

Marcelo, who had seen from the hall window Desmond and Sayomi interacting in the garden was now standing in the doorway silent and unnoticed as the two danced, Sayomi leading Desmond in a tango. He did not hear Desmond who spoke in an embarrassed whisper which was all well and good because he was there to watch. He crossed his arms and observed the odd sight. No two servants had done anything so lively since the stablemaster caught one of the maids with the stableboy. This was different than that, though. That was lust. This was, well, it looked like lust but no, it was something wholly different. He tilted his head against the frame. The epee followed by tilting slightly to his right. Not in all of Germany had he seen anything quite like this.

When Desmond told her that she was someone that the prince was going after Sayomi had to think for a moment. "Women have more of a chance to choose they are with. There have been many lower men who have been chosen, and have turned into great kings. Or even just stood by the Queen. I am not even sure if she is a princess. In Spain the Princes can go lower, not just going for the princess'. In Spain, you see, I was not poor. I was the far from it. I was a maybe two levels under a princess.." She didn't know why, but she felt like she could trust him, plus she hadn't talked to anyone about anything, and it was tearing her apart. "I was looking for a book that had not been seen in our area in a long long time. I caught word that an old scholars widow had a copy. I was going to see if it was true. I had the money to get it, everything. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time." She let herself drop down, her long and slender legs doing the splits, she came up flawlessly, her body pushing against his. "My point is, you don't know what will happen. If you make a good enough impression on her, then you may succeed."

She stopped dancing and looked at him. "You should go and take the prince his book.Think a little bit, and I will have something for you later. It will not be much. But I am sure that you will like it. Or at least I hope that you will. I must water the flowers, and then get to starting lunch. So find me after lunch." She gave him a soft hug and thanked him again for the books. She decided to wait till her left before she would decide what to do first. The flowers or do the flowers while the food was baking. She wasn't sure what all to make for dinner. She was going to need flowers for what she was giving Desmond. But she also needed to check what was in the kitchen first. To make sure that there was everything that she needed.

Desmond was surprised by the confession. Two ranks below a princess, my God! He was still caught in this idea when he realized her soft body was pressed up against him. He fumbled for words and in an act of mercy she broke them apart. She said she'd bring him something. "Yes, after lunch, then. See you then." He nodded politely and turned away from her. He walked a couple paces towards the east door and looked up to see Marcelo still in his fencing uniform.

"What are you doing?" He asked, forcing a laugh under his breath. His pink lips pulled into a sneer but his eyes were confused and wondering.

Sayomi had went into the kitchen, only taking the time to start some potatoes, then she began to sing to herself. She was always the one that started lunch before everyone else. It was kind of her job. "Oh here we lie, outstretched to wonder why we don't belong, you deserve much more, and I'll give until I am gone, forever know your face, and take your place here by my side, like a ghost into the night, the poison apple to my bite, I'll be the shadow at your door, I'll be the moth into your light, cause you deserve much more..." She sang softly as she was setting out some of the stuff she would need for what she was making for Desmond. Her voice was smooth, and sweet. Unlike the normal song voices that were heard in this day of age. It almost sounded like something that a female would sing in a play. She pulled out a few spices that she had never heard of before, and smelt them. She wasn't sure if they would do any good or not for what she needed, but she knew all about trial and error. And she didn't mind it in the least bit. She set aside some that she figured would work well with what she had in mind. Next, she needed flowers.

"Uh, Ms. Sayomi was teaching me to dance." Desmond offered lamely.
"Ms?" Marcelo gave him a curious look.
"Well, that is." Desmond realized it was better if he didn't bring up the matter of her old rank. "Nevermind. She was only being kind."
"I resent you not answering my question and oh-" He noticed the book then. "You got it! Good!" He flipped through the copy of Faustus but the excitement faded quickly. "Desmond-" He flipped the book over dully in his hand. "Do you fancy her?"
"No!" Desmond replied all too quickly then it occurred to him that Marcelo had to be talking about Sayomi. "I mean, no."
"Uh-huh." Marcelo didn't indicate whether he believed this or not but he felt a strangely unsettled feeling at the thought. "Just tell me when lunch is ready."

After she decided what she wanted to use, she set a couple things for lunch to the side. Her slender fingers ran through her hair, trying to keep it neat-ish. She pulled out a ribbon from her dress, and tied the silky, black hair up. It fell around her face in a few soft curls. She finally left the kitchen, and went out to the gardens. She picked up a larger watering can and went up to a guard. "Would you be kind enough to fill this water?" She asked him in her smooth voice. The guard nodded after a few moments. And she gave him a smile, and then turned, going to smell some of the flowers, looking for the perfect one, or ones. She had narrowed a few down. They would mix well together, but figuring out another scent to balance them out, and compliment them. In a singing mood, she began to hum to herself, as she smelt, and touch a majority of the flowers before the guard even made it back.

She took the watering can from the guard and thank him. She began to water some of the flowers, lifting the heavy can as best as she could before she could get some of the water out of it and be able to carry it easier. She could see the amusement in the guards eyes, but just ignored him. She was in a fairly good mood at that moment. She had some books, had talked to someone, and was going to be doing something fairly interesting. She also couldn't help but think about the girl that Desmond liked, and how she was the main person that the prince was looking to marry.