Fall from Grace (Evil Campaign)

Yeah, Pixies are tough little buggers.

Also I would like to point out that anytime you're picking something for a benefit you're min/maxing, I just do it more than most anybody else here.

The organizing other characters according to the Terror Alert Colors, though? That's just for fun (and getting into paranoid character)

Try figuring out how threatening everyone else might be to you! It's great fun.

Yes I am only doing this because it is an evil campaign. My action plan actually involves manipulating the enemy and making sure the party lives through everything that gets thrown at them. Yes, the entire party.

Been working on the thrall. She won't be done immediately, but a good strong follower is coming together. She's a factotum, for the skill monkey. Some power is lost due to two levels in the succubus racial class, but she gets some good things out of it.

Well, got my thrall just about done. I'll have to check to make sure that she doesn't have more mundane equipment than gold, but she should be fine.

Do note that she's circumvented many of the drawbacks of not having poison use. The awkward level arrangement is so that she can get the mindsight feat as early as possible and have factotum class skills for all her HD. She does lose about 8 skill points out of it.

Also note that the factotum inspiration points are per encounter, so her mileage is in many ways dependent on what you rule to be a new encounter. I'd go for the broad definition, where any sort of new scene that involves rolling dice is an encounter. Talking, traps, monsters, scaling a wall and suchlike, only ending whenever there's a break in the action.

Name: Ayarani; Preffered Alias: Ranesiha Chantseeker
Race: Succubus/Incubus
Class: Factotum3/Succubus 2 (Factotum 1/Succubus 2/Factotum 2)
Alignment: CE
Level 5

Stats:
Str 10 (+0)
Dex 18 (+4)
Con 10 (+0)
Int 20 (+5)
Wis 10 (+0)
Cha 15 (+2)

HP:40
Saves:
Will +4
Ref +10
Fort +4

BaB: +4
Melee attack bonus +4
Ranged attack bonus +8
AC: 21/15 touch/ 17 Flat Footed
Inspiration Pool:11/13

Racial Stuff:
+2 Dex, +2 Cha
Darkvision 60ft
Immunity to poison
+8 to listen and spot checks

Succubus Class Stuff:
2claws 1d3
Alternate Form (Elven Woman)
+1 Nat. Armor
Resist acid, fire, cold, electricity, and fire 5
Tounges
Chaotic and Evil subtypes
+2 Int
Telepathy 100ft
Spell like abilities, 1/day-Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, darkness, desecrate, doom, detect thoughts, suggestion.
SR equal to 6+HD: This one's a bit strange, as the table only lists it as being gained at the 9th succubus level, but the text doesn't list a level and in fact places it before the level 1 alternate form thing. I'd understand if you decided Ayarani doesn't get it.

Factotum Class stuff (because it's awesome)
Cunning insight-one inspiration point for a competence bonus on an attack roll, damage roll, or saving throw equal to Int modifier
Cunning Knowledge-When making a check with a skill you have at least 1 rank in, you can spend 1 inspiration point to gain a bonus equal to your factotum level. Can only be used once per day per skill.
Trapfinding
Arcane Dillettante-At the beginning of the day, choose one sor/wiz spell of 0 or 1st level. You can cast that as a spell like ability for one inspiration point. each spell can only be used once until you rest for 8 hours. you can only cast one spell of your maximum level (Note: This gets better with levels)
Brains over Brawn-Use your Intelligence modifier as a bonus on strength checks, dexterity checks, and skills based on those checks.
Cunning Defence-for one inspiration point, gain your intelligence modifier as a dodge bonus to AC against one opponent for one round. Can only be used once per foe in the same round.

Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, Common, Elven, Undercommon, Slyvan

Feats:
1st-Font of Inspiration (+1)
1st(Inattentive)-Font of Inspiration (+2)
1st(Lecherous)-Font of Inspiration (+3)
2nd(Bonus)-Font of Inspiration (+4)
3rd-Mindsight (Lords of madness, pg. 126)-Can detect all non-mindless creatures in telepathy range, even through walls. Also reveals their type and Int score.

Skills:
(84 points)
Craft (Poisonmaking) 8
UMD 8
Intimidate 8
Diplomacy 8
Knowledge(Arcana) 5
Autohypnosis 5
Tumble 5
Sense Motive 5
Bluff 5
Survival 5

Heal 1
Alchemy 1
Hide 1
Move silently 1
Disguise 1
Escape artist 1
Forgery 1
Gather information 1
handle animal 1
Decipher script 1
Disable Device 1
Listen 1
Spot 1
Spellcraft 1
Use Rope 1
Knowledge (Architechture & Engineering) 1
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1
Knowledge (Local) 1
Knowledge (Planes) 1
Knowledge (Nature) 1
Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) 1

Skill tricks:
Collector of stories-you get a +5 bonus on trained knowledge attempts to identify a creature or learn its special powers/vulnerabilities.

Equipment
2526.4 GP to work with
Triple Weapon Capsule Retainer (Can hold 3 doses of injury poisons, and coat the weapon in one, two, or all of them with a swift action. 450 gp, Complete Adventurer. Is on the longsword.)
Masterwork Longsword (315 gp) (1d8 damage, 19-20 x2, +1 enhancement to hit)
Longbow 75gp
Arrows (40) 2gp
Crystal of return (Least) 300 gp-allows a weapon to be drawn as a free action. Is on the longsword.
Mithral Chain Shirt-1100gp, +4 AC, max dex of +6 0ACP
Sheild, Heavy Wooden-7gp, +2 AC, -2ACP

Poisons (All self-crafted for 1/6th the price. I do realize it may be hard to get some of these re-crafted.)
Drow poison x6 75gp
Goodby Kiss x3 175gp (Complete Scoundrel)
Black Adder Venom x6 120gp
Giant Wasp Poison x3 105gp
Oil of Taggit x1 15gp
490GP from poisons

87.4 gp left
Backpack
Bedroll
Waterskin
Trail Rations x7
Grappling Hook
Crowbar
Theives' tools
Traveler's outfit
50ft of silk rope
3 empty glass vials

If you want a backstory for her, I can try to whip something up.

Alright, the IC is up. Those of you I've O.K.'d, feel free to post.

Without really meaning too his semi-paranoid nature took over as he mentally activated detect thoughts to pick up on any surface thoughts that might raise a flag to someone's purposeful betrayal plans.

Man, that's just not even cool.

Anyways, PHB pg.176 (Page number might be off) mentions this:

"Succeeding at a saving throw: A creture that sucessfully saves against a spell without obvious physical effects feel a hostile force or tingle, but cannot deduce the exact nature of the attack"

Got that information second-hand, but it is from a quite reliable source.

Save DC is 17 for the detect thoughts, and note that it is a mind-affecting ability.

Also needless to say, Ayarani will be making the Knowledge check to identify our pixie friend's powers and abilities. This post will be edited with the result shortly; Frost, I would like a PM with what she knows from the check.

I also figure her usual spell memorization will be one Detect Magic, but since I did kinda forget to decide on that until just now I'll hold off a bit on using it. Besides, that action would be better used destroying the table for dramatic effect.

EDIT: The end result of the check was 26; The usual DC for such things is 10+ the monster's HD (2, final DC 12), with each five over the DC netting another useful piece of information. So...three bits of information on pixie powers and such. The roll was made in the dicebox, tonight. One inspiration point was spent, but it will come back at the end of the encounter.

You are quite right about "feeling a hostile force or tingle" but it doesn't say anything about 'knowing' who cast the spell or spell like ability just that you feel that it was cast. Yes it is a mind affecting ability. SR does not apply to detect thoughts.

And yeah - not very cool but in a room discussing possible back stabbing it sure is useful.

BUT if she knows that pixies have such powers, or if she casts detect magic, it'll show pretty clearly that he's up to something. And even if it's not immediately known that he did it, getting targeted by a hostile spellcaster is not something to keep secret.

Anyways, Detect thoughts is pretty rude. I mean, yeah, they don't trust each other, but openly displaying that...not so cool.

Saving throw Results:

Ayarani: Success
Thatari: Success

I'd like to know what the knowledge garnered from Ayarani's knowledge check is before I post, but tonight, THAT TABLE DINES IN HELL.

I didn't do it as to be "not so cool." Just was planning on putting a little more persuasion skill towards any thoughts detected of harmful intent my way.

I don't think persuasion is ever really used in-party...

Think of it this way:
As a whole, evil characters in such fantasy games-especially powerful ones-have a habit of stabbing each other's backs until there are no backs left to be stabbed. It's pretty much a given with our group that the moment they finish this whole regicide mission, they'll all start trying to kill each other.

So when someone tries to read the mind of another member of our merry band...it's not gonna go over well. It won't lead to immediately executing Emrys, but he's certainly not gonna win any friends for it.

Eh, still a successful save gives you a hostile force or tingle feeling but an inability to deduce the nature of the attack. Even knowing the pixies powers you're in a room full of creatures with different powers. It'd be a pretty magical leap to immediately think he did it.

Alright, the result of the check is knowing that they can turn naturally invisible, craft magical arrows (for both sleep and memory loss), as well as the entirety of their Lesser Pixie Powers, Archy.

As well, I'm with Xmele. In a group such as this, it would be hard to pinpoint WHO exactly attempted to detect your thoughts. Considering your character's own deception (having your cohort pretend to be in charge), you could easily believe that anyone ELSE here could be lying about their skills and abilities. Hell, the guy in full plate might secretly be psionic. You just don't know.

As well, who says someone has to be in the room to scry you, or even detect your thoughts?

Using a supernatural ability or other means to remove all components from detect thoughts is hardly common and when combined with knowledge of a pixies ability it is hardly unreasonable to act on it or talk about it whatever. People jump to conclusions on less than perfect evidence all the time. As for outsider's scrying/detecting thoughts no one has answered his question about defenses against such things but it's a pretty suicidal meeting place for villains if it lacks at least the standard lead treatment.

And... back to teh lurking.

As well, I'm with Xmele. In a group such as this, it would be hard to pinpoint WHO exactly attempted to detect your thoughts. Considering your character's own deception (having your cohort pretend to be in charge), you could easily believe that anyone ELSE here could be lying about their skills and abilities. Hell, the guy in full plate might secretly be psionic. You just don't know.

As well, who says someone has to be in the room to scry you, or even detect your thoughts?

Oh, I know that it could be anyone. But knowing the pixie powers provides a slightly more probable outcome than some of the other options, and unless I'm horribly mistaken there are almost no multitarget ranged div methods that allow for saves and work through walls. While the option of a distant scryer is still a possibility, the slightly-veiled threat approach would still serve to tell everyone in the room that, oh hey, we got a diviner working against us. If said diviner is also in the room, then it doubles as a "Bitch, I'm on to you" move.

Perhaps it's not been entirely clear what I was planning for my characters to do when I get around to posting, but they're not going to be immediately calling out Emrys by name. It's more of a generalized thing.

You might want to revise your post. The rule is posted below there is no way to know that its a mind affecting spell.

Succeeding on a Saving Throw

A creature that successfully saves against a spell that has no obvious physical effects feels a hostile force or a tingle, but cannot deduce the exact nature of the attack. Likewise, if a creature’s saving throw succeeds against a targeted spell you sense that the spell has failed. You do not sense when creatures succeed on saves against effect and area spells.

Fine, edited. Figured that "targeted our minds" worked to get across that it's not a physically obvious spell, but whatever.