Fall from Grace (Evil Campaign)

This looks cool and I'd like to join if it isn't too full. Is Darth Seiji going for warblade? I'd love to use some ToB. Otherwise I think I might go for a wizard.

Hm, there's some trouble with Emrys. You should only be able to take 2 rogue levels if you're using Pixie, as it's LA is 4. The loss of the fey HD does not reduce LA by one (it's complicated; just know that being a pixie costs you four levels out of the six we start with, leaving you 2 to spend on classes)

I'm using a special rule, mentioned in the opening post, Archy. You don't have to go all the way through a monster class before multiclassing.

Selviant, we have a lot of characters - maybe the next game. Sorry. D:

We have enough backstories - Brightaide, Vay, Basil, and melesoi, you're in. Seiji, you just need a backstory. Fall from Grace will begin soon.

But! The savage species pixie class does not gain greater invisibility until after third level. Pretty sure it takes more levels overall as presented in savage species, but gives some extra HD.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I'm pretty darn sure.

He's right about the level - that's my bad and I'm adjusting to fix it. I had two up originally and one fey hd and switched it to 3 rogue.

Does savage species say the same thing about switching out your first fey HD for a class level as the 3.5 monster manual? Because there is no race level limitation for any of my abilities where I'm looking.

EDIT

I'm getting my hands on Savage Species and I'm going to compare the two directly. Getting mixed messages just trying to look it up online. So let me get this one and compared it to d20srd.com cause it's looking like I have two different types of leveling to go with.

HOLY CRAP!!!

Okay - according to savage species a pixie levels up regularly but has to take its classes in pixies. I'm going to rebuild off savage species and I'll end up a Pixie/5 Rogue/1 because, well, um, Pixies leveling this way in savage species are much, much stronger. I get more HD, better abilities and more spells. Just not as many rogue levels.

Thanks Neko - I'll have a revised character sheet up by the end of the day.

EDIT

Alright - characters been revamped and is back up and in the correct format. Was a little confusing doing the pixie levels than rogue levels for skills and all but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

Name: Thatari
Race: Kalashtar
Class: Psion (Egoist) 5/Thrallherd 1
Alignment: CE
Level 6

Stats:
Str 8 (-1)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 8 (-1)
Int 18+2 (+5)
Wis 13 (+1)
Cha 10 (+0)

HP: 18 (Damn you, Caster Hit Dice!!!)

Saves:
Will +7
Ref +4
Fort +0

BaB: +2
Melee attack bonus +1
Ranged attack bonus +5
AC: 13

Racial Stuff:
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells and effects, and possession
+2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks
+2 racial bonus on Disguise checks made to impersonate a human
Immunity to the dream and nightmare spells, as well as any other effect that relies on the character dreaming
+1 power point per HD
Mindlink 1/day
Languages: Common, Quor, four other things I need to think of

Feats:
1st-Overchannel
1st(Bonus)-Psicrystal Affinity
1st(Paranoia)-Trump Card: An effect to be revealed
1st(Estranged)-Trump Card: An effect To be revealed
3rd-Inquisitor
5th(Bonus)-Practiced Manifester
6th-Expanded Knowledge: (Astral Construct)

Power Points: 41 (43 with headband)
Powers Known:
1st-Vigor*, Energy Ray*, Attraction*, Inertial Armor*, Astral Construct*, Force Screen*
2nd-Biofeedback*, Energy Adaptation (specified) *, Animal Affinity* Missive, Mass*
3rd-Energy Burst*, Dispel Psionics*

*=Augmentable.

Weapons: Light Crossbow: 1d8, 19-20 x2 crit, 80ft range increment, piercing damage.

Armour:Nope

Magic Equipment:
Quori Embedded Shard-Power Link (x3)-9,000GP Magic Of Ebberron. Slotless.
2 power points per day (each), can be used to augment past normal manifester level.
Ring Of Sustenance-No need to eat or drink, only need 2 hours of sleep each day. 2,500GP. DMG.
Headband Of Intellect +2: 4,000 GP, adds 2 to intelligence score
Hand Of The Mage: Mage Hand at will, 900 GP
Cloak Of Elemental Protection-Resist energy 10 as an immediate action 1/day. 1,000 GP.

600 left (Before mundane)

Explorer's outfit (w/skirt, not breeches)
Light Crossbow
Liquid Sunlight (Complete Scoundrel) (It glows as a torch, so she can just hold it in her off hand at night)
20 bolts
Backpack
Bedroll
Food rations x7
Waterskin
(If she can bring her packmule Cohort along, a tent)

Total cost:
Total encumbrance: Needs to be figured; is probably a light load
Gold left: Some +2,000 for cohort

Skills:
Diplomacy 5
Concentrate 8
Knowledge (Psionics) 8
Knowledge (Planes) 8
Autohypnosis 5
Heal 4
UPD 1
Psicraft 5
Bluff 5

Backstory:
Thatari was born in the land of hard, northern men and beautiful, servile women. Her tribe was particularly vicious and destructive, but were most famous for their seemingly supernatural resiliency. Thatari was the daughter of the chief, and was nowhere near as obedient as her sisters. Her childhood was painful for this.

But as she grew into adolescence, it became clear to Thatari that she was something...different. Sometimes, she thought she heard the thoughts of people in the tribe, and the shaman had no advice for her on the subject. Her suspicions were confirmed when, one day, as she was stoking the fire, a line of flame burst from her hand and destroyed the wood. Clearly, she had some kind of power that nobody else in her village had ever seen.

And so she set to work with this power, honing it and practicing with almost every waking moment. Suitors were turned away even as she practiced toying with the emotions of others and forming a crystal of her will. But her chores and duties were always taking away from her studies, limiting her potential...

Eventually she realized that she would only truly perfect her powers if she left the tribe. But she didn't just spirit herself away in the middle of the night; they had been harsh and cruel to her for the past 16 years. Vengance was to be had.

As it turned out, her father and sisters were quite vulnerable to streams of fire launched at their sleeping forms. And the hide tents of her tribe were not particularly flame retardant, either.

She left her tribe in chaos and flames, a young woman on a mission to hold the world in her hands.

In the intervening years Thatari has become intimately aware of her own limitations, and taken measures to account for them. She's gathered a following as a religious leader, the pale lady of death from the north. She has power, and money, (working on the love) and the God-King threatens that.

Sorry to say, but you don't actually get more hit die that way. A pixie goes through it's entire Monster class with only a single hit die. If you take a look at the other Monster classes, it shows their actual hit die as it progresses - such as the Rakshasa, who earns a hit die every three levels or so. So if you were a Pixie 5/Rogue 1, you'd have 2d6 for HP. So you might want to re-think that.

Oh - is that how that works? I thought it was 1d6 per level. Crap. Well - either way I'll have 2d6. One way I'm a level 2 rogue - less feats and less abilities but a slightly higher to hit. So - I'm going to adjust HP and pray that my DR 10/Cold Iron and invisibility keeps me alive.

At least it's pixie invisibility. This helps a great deal...

Melesio, are you planning on becoming a Pixie Assassin?

Nay, cause assassins require death strike to be a melee attack. I'm thinking http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Hidden_Archer_(3.5e_Prestige_Class) this class if we get to the point where I can prestige. Which wouldn't be till I'm level 18, so, probably not going to end up prestiging. I was torn between a Ranger or a Rogue ( I was going to ride my companion) so I'm thinking either epic rogue or hidden archer.

Actually, hte Death Attack is an added affect to your Sneak Attack ability, which can be used from up to 30 feet away. Of course, with ranged attacks, you'd also get your Point Blank Shot bonus (cause Point Blank Shot is a feat EVERY non-magic ranged character needs)

Wait - it doesn't have to be a melee attack? I swore it did. Than yes - I'm going to eventually be an pixie assassin.

I'm not minmaxing. My best score is a 16 and none of them are below 10. I've just always wanted to play a pixie assassin. Study target for three rounds while invisible, then make invisible attack, and not have to worry about catching them flat-footed, cause you're always flat-footed against an invisible attacker. I mean, a Pixie Assassin just makes sense.

Actually I've always wanted to play the pixie since the monster campaign I ran for my friends and wive. She played a pixie barbarian that was surprisingly effective. We all advised here against that class, but, it's what she wanted. You ever seen a pixie rage? It's a bad scene man. An invisible raging pixie barbarian with a might +5 composite bow and a keen +4 scimitar. It was scary.