Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical

One Hundred, and five years ago a great number of mages wandered the land forming guilds, warring with one another, and becoming stronger. Some looked for treasure, others found their interest in power, a few sought the ancient lore of long lost magics and civilizations. And more over the world evolved slowly into the world where many people found themselves enthralled with magics. However as is common among humans, and animals alike a desire for supremacy is a hard thing to shake. Many darker guilds, and groups often hunt down their fellow mages for sport, for money, or to simply show off their own power to make a name for themselves. Though there is no magical council to rule the land many people see and hear the advice made by the kings of the kingdoms they lived in.

Though there are many smaller groups of magical authority they have little pull outside of guilds in specific areas, or policing mages whom have been deemed a danger to society. As such the land is still ripe with wanders, and explorers each seeking to make their own name in the annals of history. With so much going on in the world there are plenty of opportunities to seek fame, and fortune if one looks hard enough. As such we begin our story as a group of (mostly) guildless magi whom are travelling together out of the city of New Florine a port city with a strong magical population, and a large number of guilds, magical and not, looking to make a mark on the world. Our journey will be a dangerous one where one wrong move could have our mages falling to the traps of a lost world hiding their treasure. Will we become more? Or is it a simple life for us? Regardless it is almost time to raise anchor and set sail for a brand new journey.

====

Hello everyone this is my first, in recent memory, attempt to make a fairy tail based roleplay. However i'd like to deviate from the traditional fairy tail guild base system, at least for the beginning of the roleplay, and just have our team explore the vast realm of fairy tail looking for all sorts of stuff. Along the way the plot will advance differently depending on what we do, and or what we decide to go after.

First off I'd like to say this before anyone considers joining:

I'd like for our group to of average mages. Meaning that I'd prefer our group to stay away from dragon/god/ancient magics. They're not totally out of the question I'm willing to talk things over but i like the concept of out group just being another group of magi out looking to look for our fortune. As there is little regulation in the way of magic i'd like to state dark magic is somewhat welcome but it is still regulated to an extent. I'm not looking for a super epic stone cold killer for our group. Nor am I looking for the next brooding loner. With that being said I'm also not the best, and or, more knowledgeable person in regards to fairy tail so I may make some mistakes.

With that being said I'll be more than willing to answer questions if need be. And I'd also like to state as of the moment of me typing this I am feeling unwell so I don't expect to be able to make an OOC , if we even get enough people for this, for a few days at the least I don't know how long I will be feeling like I am but I am in no condition, as of the moment of me typing this, to be writing in length. However I felt like I really wanted to explore this idea more so if you'd like to join or have questions on the rules please feel free to ask.

Seems neat. Posting interest. Hope you start feeling better!

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: VanceXentan
*Waves* Color me interested~ I've already got plenty of ideas for characters! I've been in a billion and one Fairy Tail roleplays, but I've never seen an idea like this, so I'm very excited!!

I'd be very happy to have you along under. I have a solid plan for some parts of the RP but a lot of it will be free handed from what our characters do. Say if one of us accidentally pisses off the wrong mage, guild, or possibly king something will come of it. As of the moment I'd like at least one more person before I start this. I'd like more but I know better than to look for more than three people.

Hey, this sounds really fun. I've got a couple of ideas for characters, I'm up for it.

@rocketboots @under the Stars @Craftsdwarf

Alright before I consider starting anything I'd think it'd be good to discuss what kind of mages we will be playing. It will help us start with a cohesive whole. And more over as GM i may need to do some power tweaking if necessary to keep thinks fair. My own mage will be basically the de-facto 'captain' of the group as he's going to be the one who owns the boat, and travel logs that will be taking us from location to location when we're not walking. His primary magic is lightning with a subset of Chain Magic. More or less he uses lightning magic by default but has a hidden whip chain on his person which he uses as a sort of 'back up' nothing too special but he's rather versatile all the same.

That sounds wise, I've just been noting a few ideas down myself.

Personality wise he's largely prideful and serious, though in ways that might lead to some levity, since I'd rather things not be super serious all the time. If everyone else's character is also serious I might be inclined to change it up though.

Still trying to decide on his Magic too, hmm...

That sounds wise, I've just been noting a few ideas down myself.

Personality wise he's largely prideful and serious, though in ways that might lead to some levity, since I'd rather things not be super serious all the time. If everyone else's character is also serious I might be inclined to change it up though.

Still trying to decide on his Magic too, hmm...

My own character Pentagon (first name undecided) will be bit more laid back I believe. He gets serious when he does his job but is more sarcastic, and easy going when he's not. Basically if he's got something he needs to do he treats it with all the due importance he thinks it needs. If he's at the bar he's no different than the average young adult. If he's fighting he's not going to be making quips as usually as he does. Another character that will be introduced into the group later on will be the exact opposite. He will be stone cold serious almost all the time. But that's not for a bit later.

My mage is kind of a creep, but unintentionally so. It's less being an unpleasant person and more an enthusiastic passion for preserved dead things, combined with a lack of social norms. Her magic can make up to four human hands appear, which can move as far as she wants and just kind of float around. They're as strong as a peak human individually, and can each lift about as much as if they had said human attached to them. They're very hard to destroy, but any injury inflicted on them will appear (in a milder form) on her own hands. She can make them disappear easily, but summoning them over and over drains her magic very quickly.

Other than being a bunch of floating hands, their only special effect is that if all four of them plus her actual hands are touching somebody, their magic energy gets drained to top up hers. This is pretty useful, given their inefficient magic cost and her own fairly small magic reserve.

@rocketboots I'd personally consider a different type of magic not because they're too strong, or what have you but because they really seem like a one trick sort of pony deal. You conjure your magical hands, and then if you're fighting an enemy per say they really can't do much after that. So maybe one good attack, or a sneak attack if you're lucky then the rest of us do something. Likewise I'd need to enforce a distance limit on them.

My character shall be energetic and overly positive~ She's gonna be the one who probably wants to do most of the social interacting in town when meeting clients or when checking out places!

I was thinking of having my character have a type of magic that uses transmutation. Kind of like Beast Soul magic, but their entire body and overall skill set isn't changed. The one specific thing I want her magic to do is make her have dragon wings. Then I think I was gonna go for fire manipulation or something fire-related.

@Stars

So basically Mirajane's transformation or Take Over Magic? I suppose those are fair enough if they're regulated enough. It has some room for evolution down the lines.

The hands are actually pretty bad for fighting. Any mage with decent attacking magic will make her reluctant to use them in case her actual hands get cut off or frozen solid or something. The ability is used more for object manipulation, distractions, even carrying herself around. She originally created it as a utility type ability, and that shows in a real fight.

Fair point about the distance, though. Since she made them for minor conveniences and help with intricate work, they can probably only go about 5 meters from her body before they flop to the ground inertly.

That's what I figured @rocketboots I'm just giving my own two cents on the matter. I would go with something else but they seem fair enough on their own. I just don't want your character to be overshadowed by anyone else's. I'm personally more of a fan of standard magics however I understand everyone else is different in that regard.

Don't worry about that- I intentionally picked a magic that'd be versatile and useful, but not all that reliable in a straight fight. I expected everyone else to choose combat magic; I'll be useful in other ways (and it's not like a bunch of floating hands are THAT bad a thing to have around in a fight).

@Stars

So basically Mirajane's transformation or Take Over Magic? I suppose those are fair enough if they're regulated enough. It has some room for evolution down the lines.
They're related, but not the same. Take Over is where the entirety of the person is taken over by the animal, but I just want to change a specific part of the body.

@rocketboots Alright fair enough we are treasure hunters so it's not like having floating hands won't be useful.

@under

Alright well Transformation magic should allow you to make wings and it's a fairly simple art while supplementing any other magic you may pick. Just don't get too far out there.

I'm liking the balance of personalities so far. Seems like it'll be a fun group!

After thinking about it, I'm considering having my character us Water-Make Magic, so he'll won't be able to directly manipulate water, but he can create varying amounts and shapes of water with various amounts of force, though the stronger the force and the more water he makes at once, the more energy it costs him. So he could make a small torrent with cutting potential, but he could only fill part of a room with lots of still water. Later on he might be able to create big amounts of water that are also moving with force, like making a big wave appear that can wash enemies away, but probably not at the start.

And yes, I made it so we now have lightning, water, and (maybe) fire magic on purpose. And spectral hands! Can't forget those.

@Craftsdwarf May I suggest Ice-Make Magic? Grey's powers certainly would be helpful. Water make sounds useful but it'd probably require actual water sources nearby if he doesn't have the ability to gather it from the air near him.

I'm liking the balance of personalities so far. Seems like it'll be a fun group!

After thinking about it, I'm considering having my character us Water-Make Magic, so he'll won't be able to directly manipulate water, but he can create varying amounts and shapes of water with various amounts of force, though the stronger the force and the more water he makes at once, the more energy it costs him. So he could make a small torrent with cutting potential, but he could only fill part of a room with lots of still water. Later on he might be able to create big amounts of water that are also moving with force, like making a big wave appear that can wash enemies away, but probably not at the start.

And yes, I made it so we now have lightning, water, and (maybe) fire magic on purpose. And spectral hands! Can't forget those.

That sounds pretty cool. Would have a ton of uses.