Fairy Tail w/@Azrael

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Indeed, let's give them a welcome." Zechariah said quietly, his face still relatively grim, though a spark of good humor flickered in his eyes. He closed Mia's gate, in preparation for the worst.

Otelia didn't object. She wasn't smiling and she didn't look at all cowed by the information that everyone was gone but them and one other. There was an odd expression of cold determination in her eyes. She was not very happy with this situation. They'd been having so much fun. What was this all about?

Together, the four of them made it to the roof. There was indeed someone waiting for them, arms behind their back. Short hair ruffled in the wind on top of the roof, but it was impossible to tell the gender from the back. "Hello?" Otelia called. Her voice was kindly enough, but she still wasn't smiling.

Othe figure looked to her with a grin. "Ah so kind of you to join me. There's been a slight change in the plans."

Azrael pushed Otelia behind him growling. "Who are you?" He demanded

"Who am I? You should know that kitnsui filth." He said. "I'm the one who ordered you village killed.... All thanks to my dark guild friends" the man grinned "and you and your little friends can now be trapped here just like all of my other victims. We are in my warped space. But if you can catch me I might just set you free... But can you survive?"

Otelia impatiently shoved Azrael to the side to get a better look at the man. What did he mean? Warped space? That was when she noticed a strange haze in the air. A glimmer bordering the mansion. Why was he doing all this? She turned to look at Az. He didn't look good. "What are you planning? What do you want from us?" She asked the man, her face dark and scary. There was not a trace left of the friendly, cheerful girl who had spent the past week with Az and Spyritus. Her red eyes blazed. It was clear this man wasn't a friend.

Zechariah stayed still, listening to the proceedings expressionlessly. A dark guild. He let a long, quiet breath out his nose. It was clear what this man was planning. He was planning to kill them all, and enjoy it. Something instantly became clear through the timbre of his voice: the thing in front of them was just a thought projection. Very well. He'd play. If he used his echolocation, and the man didn't know about his magic, it might even be relatively simple to find the man, but that would ruin the game, wouldn't it? Besides, what he had said concerned him, as much as he refused to admit it to himself. The one who ordered Azrael's village killed. He planned to find out what that meant. His cheshire cat smile spread across his face silently, but he didn't release his magic.

"I was hoping the devil slayer would come alone. My benefactors want him dead since he could prove fatal to their business in his villages sacred lands. Since he is the last of his clan" the man said "but as powerful as he is he won't last long in this mansion. He'll eventually go crazy and kill himself or beg to die."

"And what about us you bozo?" He said "we weren't expected in your little plan."

"Then I can only hope when he goes crazy he murders each and every one of you or you kill him for me either way you'll be trapped here and I can leave you trapped here for eternaty"

Zechariah gave a small chuckle. "Trust a dark guild to mess up a simple task like this." He muttered to himself. "So, we just need to find you, right?" He asked in a louder voice, for everyone to hear.

"Maybe maybe not" the dark wizard said "but I may say the only way to be free is to kill the devil slayer. Goodbye!" The image vanished.

Azrael growled. His fists clenched. "All of you wait here.... This is my battle...." He started to walk for the door. When Spyritus grabbed his shoulder and decked him.

"Idiot! Have you learned nothing from being at fairy tail! We're all in this together and since we're a team we work together."

Az glared at him. "Not this time....." He snapped his fingers. "Shadow Chains!" Suddenly from each shadow a set of chains wrapped around Otelia zechariah and Spyritus. "This one I work alone.... I can't have harm coming to you"

Otelia struggled harshly. "Azrael, what are you doing!? Let us out! You can't go alone!" She yelled at him.

Zechariah let out a little snort as he felt the chains wrap around him. Annoying. Insubstantial magic could be so annoying to fight against. "You know, we're probably in a lot more danger tied down here than we would be trying to look for him together. Didn't you hear him? He plans to make you go mad. Do you think that we'll be immune to whatever it is he's planning?" He shrugged slightly. The devil slayer had to be an idiot if he thought they weren't planning to break out and help him after he was gone anyways.

"I know you'll just break out anyway! But this guy's my fight and I plan to beat out every last piece of information out of him myself." He growled "when you do break out find a way out... He has a weak spot somewhere so he can slip out when he needs to" and with that he walked back down the stairs.

"After this is all over remind me to beat the crap out of him" Spyritus growled as he requiped his sword. Absorbing the chains into it.

"Somehow, I don't think I'll need to remind you." Zechariah said with a shrug. "Think you could get rid of our chains as well?"

Otelia struggled further. "Get me out, too." She demanded unhappily. "How could he leave us here! I thought we decided we would be a team?!" She looked absolutely livid.

"He has his reasons" he said absorbing zechariah and otelia's
Chains." And I bet it has something to do with that guy. He did say that he destroyed azrael's village and Azrael seems to know who he is. The look in his eyes..... He's seeking revenge"

"I don't care." Otelia snapped. "When we see him, I'm going to knock some sense into him.

"I can see that." Zechariah said, as if he really didn't care, but as he was freed, he closed his eyes and listened carefully. "We should probably go. He couldn't have gotten far." He shrugged. "It's doubtful he'll find the man easily."

"Maybe"Spyritus said "but the boy is good at hiding he won't let us find him unless he wants to be found" the death knight growled. "As much as I hate to admit it Azrael was right we need to find the way out so we're not stuck here"

Otelia was still mad, but she saw the sense in what the boy had said. Zechariah also nodded his compliance. "Any brilliant ideas? Warped space isn't that easy to get out of while the mage is still conscious."

"Well shadow boy said there was a weak spot. And in this case he probably knows from experience so let's start by checking every exit in the place. If anything we wait till Azrael is finished messing around with the mage and hopeful get him to drop the spell."

"If he already knows the weakness, he should be the one searching for it, rather than trying to find the man." Otelia said, a little disgruntled.

Zechariah added, "For now, let's split up to check the exits. I'll stay up here and probe the area. What about you two? We should also have a signal system of some kind if we find the weakness."

Spyritus thought for a moment. "I have something in my armory that might work" he suddenly sent his sword away. And three chain cuffs appeared in his hands. "These chain cuffs have a gem that will link our minds for communication. Only contact if your in trouble or if you've found the weak spot

"That sounds like a good idea." Zechariah acknowledged, taking one chain in his hands.

Otelia took another and nodded her agreement. "Spyrit, why don't you check the front half entrances and windows, I'll check the back." She waited for a confirmation from Spyritus before she could leave.

Spyritus nodded. "If you don't find anything come back up here with zechariah, I'll go look for Azrael after I finish looking"

"Alright." Otelia said, but she had no intention of coming back demurely like a good little girl. If she couldn't find a way out, she was hunting down Azrael herself. She swept off of the roof and immediately began making her way down to the back of the house, top floor first. Zechariah looked at Spyritus and began wandering towards the edges of the roof, careful not to get too close. He wouldn't need to, necessarily, but looking as if he was off to do something might convince Spyritus to leave as well. He needed privacy if he was really going to get into it.

Spyritus looked to zechariah. Then ran off to go check out the entrances on his side

Meanwhile Azrael was running to find the man that trapped them in here. "Dark devil's rage!" Out of his mouth came a burst of dark energy blowing a few of the walls down in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.