Fairy Tail: The Defective

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean a canon character? Well, if you really don't want to be one, then I suppose you don't have to...

I just don't see why every single roleplay I make has only one or two people who are actually interested...
Well when I look for role plays to join. There are a few things I think they should have.

1. A story.

If you don't have a story then how can you roleplay. Another thing i see is that people look to the players for main content. For an example, though it is awesome to use my ideas. the story is not mine and I do not wish to be a GM for the story. I think players who need assistance with stories should find another player to GM with them.

2. Purpose.

What is my goal in the rp? Are we going to fight a dragon? Are we going to talk about Girls? Are we going to rewind time? Without a goal, the story just becomes a bunch of pointless conversations and a bad slice of life (cause even slice of life have a purpose)

3. Creativity.

I like RPs where i can be creative. (which is why i dont like using canon characters.) This is not to say canon characters should not be used in the RP nor is this an attack on your rule for Canon characters to be required.
I like RPs where i cannot guess what is going to happen. If the GM cannot be creative with the plot and creative a way for meaningful interaction then the story gets boring. Like what is the point of having my character march to his doom when i know he is not going to win. Why should I avoid taking a risk and act smart when i know i am going to win. Like a book, the story and plot should be creative and unpredictable.

To answer your question.

I dont know about your other roleplays but with this one i can give my opinion

In the world of Fairy Tail, you've been living your life in the world-renouned guild for a given amount of time (your choice). You've been pretty happy, up until a meteorite strikes dangerously close to Magnolia. Hours after it crashes, pitch black, deformed creatures invade the city and assault people.

Master Makarov sends you to see if the meteor was actually just a meteor, and what you discover when you get there is unlike anything you've seen before.
This tells me nothing about the story except that i am apart of Fairy Tail and some space rock is in my turf. So the only real people who would be attracted by this level of detail would be fairy tail junkies like me who just want to play in the world.

Now i know you can say that you are a beginner at this and because the story is just starting, there is not a lot of detail but look at your interest check post.

A few days ago, a meteor crashed dangerously close to Magnolia. Finally, when the Guild Master decides it's safe, he sends the characters on a quest to see if it was actually a meteorite. After hours of travelling and fighting off these pitch black magical creatures that appear to have come from the crash site, they find a crater with a crystalline blade in the middle. Not only is the sword generating a portal, it's also pulling those freaky creatures out of the rift. You need to find a way to pull the sword out of the ground to stop the portal and shatter it to make sure it doesn't do anymore harm. That is, if you can manage what happens after you take the blade from the ground.
This is so much more appealing and to be honest, this paragraph was what grabbed my interest. Though it was not alot, All 3 of my requirements were answered.
Story: Rock fell in my hometown and is releasing monsters into the world
Purpose: Find out about the rock and stop the monsters
Creativity: The mystery about the rock and these monsters. plus this is not base off canon material. So creativity is obvious there.
The worst thing is that this was the interest check and just the icing on the cake.
I am still going to participate in the story but you got to give us more. We have no idea what point in time we are in. We don't know what these monsters can do (since they have started assaulting the town) Where are all the other guilds because fairy tail is not the only big guild (at episode 90). What happen before this event.

There are plenty of ways for you to make a good story to sell to the player base. You just have to put some effort.
Also since you said that you require canon characters you need to write out the canon characters required to play the RP. For example. You cannot have a fairy tail RP with Natsu without Gray and Lucy and Erza, unless something happened to one of them which you should explain.
I will leave you with that as it is alot to read over. But the last thing i want to say is. How big do you want this RP to be
How many players. how many characters. How many people can you manage before things get out of hand. Also remember for every player you add the harder it is to keep everyone in because everyone cannot be a star. At the same time the less players you have the easier it is for the story to get stuck if one person decides to leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salt Lord
Name: Rei Gladiolus

Personality:

Rei is an energetic girl who would be willing to take a bullet for you (literally). She has a protective mindset and is always ready to jump into harms way to protect others. She is caring, loving, and carefree. She lives life in the present never planing for the next day.

Despite her outward appearance, inside she not filled with rainbows and buttercups. She is sensitive, very defensive, and not trusting of others. She cries easily and also has the habit of being extremely gullible. If you say something it is safe to jump into a volcano (and you established a bond with her) she would do it no questions asked, survive, and then proceed to hunt you down to the end of the earth, for lying to her. Remember she is the Unyielding, so she never stops or falters.

This brings us to the last important trait of her personality. If anyone where asked what was Rei strongest trait, it would be her willpower. When ever she aims to do something, she never gives up. Like you probably will have to knock her out, and even then, her body will move unconscious to achieve her goal. This on top of her crazy endurance, high resilient to magic, and shield makes one hell of a monster to fight or deal with if angered. And she has one nasty temper.

Guild Mark Color/Location: purple On her back

Appearance: Rei_Two_Final.jpg

Magic:

-She has the ability to break down magic into its purest form and and store it in her body. She use the store magic to create barriers, empower( herself, weapons, or other people), and fire out the magic as energy blasts.
-She cannot create magic in her body though. She has to be in a area were alot of magic as been cast or hit by a spell to gather magic.
-Her barrier has to use the same power of magic as the attack that she is blocking for it to be effective and it is useless against non magical attacks. (So if natsu used his fire punch, only the fire would be nullified.
-Firing off magic without her revolver is not very refine and wastes alot of extra magic for the same effect, it is not very accurate.
-Also if she stores up too much magic, She gets headaches which only get worst the more magic she absorbs. She has to release her excess magic in order for the pain to stop (and she typically just releases all of her magic at one time)
-She is extremely resilient to magic and can survive a magic nuke. That is not to say she would not feel the effects of the attack. It just would not kill her.
-If she is hit with a magic attack, her body will break down some of the magic, effective reducing some of the damage by about 50% as she is absorbing 50% of the magic.
-Loaded: being so young, small, and inexperience, Rei has a limit on how much magic she can store in her body before... negative consequences happen. When she exceeds this cap, her eyes glow red and she gets migraines in her head. Her power used in her magic attacks become harder to control and her body gets the urge to release all the magic at one time. This is very painful and will cause Rei to faint in the explosion. However at the same time her physical and magical resistance goes up and her body absorbs magic at a higher rate 70%. She also becomes more influence by her emotions. Though she can mostly control her actions, if she goes into an emotional state, there is no telling what she will do.
-Overloaded: After going into loaded, there is a new cap. Once she passes this new cap. she loses all restraints on her magic power control as her body attempts to expel all the magic. Her judgement becomes clouded as her emotions completely take over. Her body's resistance goes down but she absorbs 100% of the magic attacks.

Weapons:
Sword (Rune Breaker): Can steal magic from anything it cuts but the percentage of the magic stolen that is usable to Rei is 20%
Shield (Rune Eater): A tower shield that can absorb magic attacks. 80% of the magic absorbed is usable to Rei
Revolver (Rune Cannon): Magic blasts fired from the gun are stronger, precises, and waste less magic.

Extra Information:

Rei does not do well with pain. She is quick to over exaggerate any level of pain and start to cry. (unless she is being serious in which she would suck it up...)

Rei can enter the loaded and Overloaded modes without being overloaded with magic but it requires her to be in a extreme emotional state. The headaches still happen despite her body not overflowing with magic.

Rei loves "Fruit Punch"

Last edited:
Name: Jellal Fernandes

Personality:
When he was young, Jellal was a kind, compassionate boy, and cared deeply for his friends. He was always cheerful and optimistic, despite his disposition as a slave. After a failed escape attempt, he readily accepted punishment in Erza's stead, and never once lost his faith in the thought of being free.
Later, as he was manipulated by what he thought to be Zeref's ghost, he drastically changed: Jellal became obsessed with the idea of building a new R-System and treated the slaves much better — to the extent that they didn't even think they were still slaves. But through this method of treatment, they did more work, which was Jellal's ultimate reason for treating them as such in the first place. He sees his actions as a game, even if said game results in the loss of lives, his very own included.
After he was revived by Wendy Marvell, he suffered from amnesia and seemed to be somewhat afraid of the world. Though not remembering his own identity, he remembered the names Erza and Natsu Dragneel's names, respectively. As he learned of his sins, Jellal wished to die, as he believed it to be his only form of atonement, but Erza convinced that through living, he can find a way to make up for his past horrid deeds. Following these instances, even when arrested by the Knights and knowing he would be given the death penalty, Jellal remained calm and even happy, just as he did when he was a child. Mavis Vermilion even commented that Jellal possesses the same "heart" as those in Fairy Tail, in spite of the fact that he isn't an actual member.
Seven years later, after regaining his memories and having returned to his original personality, Jellal is now a calm, mature, intelligent, and kind individual. He has shown a cheerful side, as he often smiles when pleased, or when his friends are happy. While as "Mystogan", he makes sure he acts quiet and aloof, so as to not arouse suspicion to the fact that Fairy Tail is housing an escaped convict. However, Jellal's regret towards his past deeds have caused him to feel the need to atone for his sins, which he did by creating Crime Sorcière: an Independent Guild dedicated to the destruction of Dark Guilds. Despite this, he still feels he deserves punishment, as he told Ultear and Meredy that "punishment" is the theme of their guild. It is this guilt that keeps Jellal from expressing his love for Erza, which she reciprocates, as he believes he doesn't deserve her.
Despite his rather serious nature, Jellal does have a comedic side, as in his fight with Jura Neekis, where (as a direct result of Ultear and Meredy sabotaging his battle with the Wizard Saint) he has fits of hysterical laughter, as well as reacting strongly to the sensation of peppers he had in his mouth. Later, when he walked back to his teammates, Jellal felt ashamed, and stated that he had no words to describe his feelings of shame and embarrassment.

Guild Mark Color/Location: Plated armor

Appearance:
Seven years later, while his physical appearance is virtually unchanged, save for his now longer, scragglier hair, his attire now consists of a dark coat, very similar to the one he stole from the Naked Mummy member, only with heart like designs running down the sleeves and sides of the coat. Beneath this, Jellal wears plated armor, which covers his abdomen, and dark pants bearing the symbol of Crime Sorcière. On top of all this, Jellal sports a dark, high-collared cloak.

Magic: Heavenly Body Magic, Water Magic, Fire Magic, Wind Magic, Earth Magic, Rune Magic(Self Destruction Circle to be specific.)

Extra Information: Jellal is in love with Erza Scarlet of Fairy Tail.

Character Sheet

Name:
Laxus Dreyer
Personality:
Proud, honorable, Will destroy any and all enemies of Fairy Tail
Guild Mark Color/Location:
Right shoulder
Appearance: (picture or description, either is fine)
laxus__1__by_decimo27-d5uei8k.jpg

Magic:
Lightning Dragon Slayer
Extra Information:
Fruit Punch​

Last edited:
*glomps Grey* give me a bit to think up my characters and I will post!

*Is glomped and is happy.* Alright!!!

Name:
Esmeralda Lynx

Personality:
Quick to anger when called short (Poor girl is only 5' 1"), happy go lucky, stubborn and a bit superstitious. She also has a tendency not to listen when she is working on her projects and will sometimes work into the late hours of the night just to finish what she is working on.

Emerald green with gold outline on her right outer thigh.

Appearance:
mmq1c1.jpg

Magic:
Fire Magic: Most specifically, Rainbow Fire magic. (I swear that this is legit. I looked this up on the wiki. I am not making a Sue!)

Extra Information:
She wields a giant wrench as her prefered melee weapon and has abnormal strength to wield it.
Fruit Punch!!!!

Name:
Wendy Marvell

Personality:
Shy, polite, always willing to make friends. She can also be a bit insecure at times but is always willing to try her best at anything. She cares deeply for Fairy tail and her guild members.

Blue, located on her right arm

Appearance:

Magic:
Sky Dragon Slayer Magic

Extra Information:
Fruit Punch!

@Unyielding

That's all so true. And to be honest, it was probably a bad idea for me to start this thing. I'm terrible at hosting roleplays. The only reason I make them is because absolutely nothing else on Iwaku interests me. When I get an idea for a roleplay, I can't seem to be able to find interest in anything else except my idea. That's why I'm never able to roleplay.

I think I'm just going to delete this thread and let one of you guys make a new thread and host that. If you haven't lost interest in the plot, that is.

That sucks... I was actually looking forward to this rp.

I meant to post it hours earlier, but I guess something happened.

I looked forward to it too.

I need to go now, by the way. Expect this thread to be gone sometime tomorrow.

Hey @Salt Lord, Grey and I will take this off your hands. Has a lot of potential to just throw away.

Status
Not open for further replies.