Fairy Tail: The Bitter Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Dragon Slayer, blue
[imga]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kVr_OnuVxRM/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABU/I83f6Kitn-I/photo.jpg[/imga] Warato put up his hands and took another step back just to be safe. He figured Max might get upset but... well this was kind of scary. "Haha, no that's alright. I like my blood just whe-" He backed up too much and ended up tripping over a chair and hit his head on the way down. "Ow ow ow ow ow ow." He groaned sitting up and rubbing his head. He had been paying too much attention to keeping away from Max that he had forgotten to check his surroundings... He wasn't normally that clumsy. "Hehe, sorry Max, I didn't think you would get so upset." He flashed a smile towards Max before standing up and retreating to a table. Honestly when he heard Citrine volunteer Armen he was surprised. Armen was smart and all... but he was definitely no leader. He had been on a few missions with Armen, and though Armen had a good amount of skill and always seemed to be several steps ahead of the opponents he was never one to communicate his idea's to others. In fact other than Armen blurting out that he was only B rank just a second ago Warato didn't think he had ever heard Armen's voice... He thought about speaking up about his concern but... it seemed like almost everyone had already agreed, and how could he go against Rook? If Rook believed in Armen then he would as well.

Arba mentioned that she was leaving and, since she decided Armen was her second in command, Armen was to hold down the fort. That was a good idea, you might as well have just left no one in charge... Seriously, how was Armen going to keep everyone in line? Though a lot of members seemed to respect Armen... and those who didn't would at least fear Arba. That was true, but what about those who would mess around anyways? Like Max... He sighed figuring it would all work out one way or another... hopefully someone would fill in if his assumptions were correct and Armen decided not to do anything.

Nero spoke up and what he said, though probubly unintentionally, left Warato feeling down. There were three dragon slayers but it seemed like Rook and Max were always the 'go to' ones. Despite being one of the few wizards in existence that could use healing magic it was very rare for him to be invited on a mission. Normally it was left to him to either include himself on a mission that someone else was going on or work his charm and get people to go with him. Then again it was probubly because of his rank, but that wasn't accurate! Well... at this point maybe it is...

He shook his head and returned to smiling, it was definitely time to hit on some girls. Now, who would be his target? He was going to hit on Rook next but.. it seemed like she was busy now... and Yura was out of the question, no way. Well Citrine might be fun to flirt with a little so long as he didn't overstay his welcome. That settled it, he would push his luck with Citrine and back off before she got angry with him. Putting on one of his signature smiles he walked over and leaned on the counter, "Your looking good today." He started, "Did you do something with your hair? It looks... shinier." He tilted his head a little as if trying to look at her hair from a different angle before he froze in spot when he heard the master start talking again. After debating whether he should test his luck and continue or behave and turn around like he was expected too he turned around. It was dangerous to flirt with Citrine but flirting with Citrine when he was supposed to be listening too the master, that was asking for trouble.

After the master was done talking he felt a little better. At least the Master didn't forget about him... but why was he going on such a dangerous mission?! He hadn't signed up for this war! Though no one in Fairy Tail really did, it was Demon Tail who started it, but he was B rank! Did ranks not matter anymore!?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Max turned around at seeing everyone conversing with each other then heard his own name. He gazed around and honed in on the speaker. It wasn't that he was not paying attention. If you asked him he would tell you he was contemplating the possibilities of the existence of life. Wether or not this is true doesn't matter as when he heard his name it was like the light switch for forced on. He raised his hand immediately. 'Finally... I can try to see if I can actually eat people... I need to figure out how much Iron is in a body.. It has to be a decent amount.' He said to himself inside of his mind. Even if people considered him stupid he was still something to be worried about if he sets his mind to something. It was as if leaving a large immovable object in a room and trying to push it out of the way. It just wasn't going to move but it would always be there to look at but useful at the most random of times.

He blinked twice and snapped back into reality "I! I shall go with Arba and I will not eat anyone! I promise!" He called out then realized like almost every time he opened his mouth he was over honest with what he was thinking. He shook his head "None the less... I wish to go with Arba. I am good at getting people to talk." He said then blinked again. He zoned out completely as he began to day dream about him leaping over a log and latching onto person's neck with his unusually sharp incisors. His teeth of course were sharper than most as he spent most of his childhood out in the wild. He had lost all of his baby teeth by twelve years old and his adult teeth just sharpened over the next two years.

It was then that the Guild Master called out and he heard his name again. It was not secret that his Slayer Magic was overpower powerful at destruction. He wasn't completely careless but the possibility that he could unleash were to great to risk at the moment. As hurt as he was inside he understood in his mind as to why he wasn't being sent. He just resented Rook going as she was as much of a Klutz as he was. He turned to her and shot her a glare. He held his hand up and began making several gestures that only the two of them would understand. To anyone watch it would look like he was insulting someone with mental disabilities. The message read "Rook, I will brutally devour your arm when you return. You are lucky. You are dangerous like me." Though primitive sounding it was the best he could communicate with her. He didn't want to be heard talking to her with Romeo was talking.

When the Guild Master finished and he knew that he wasn't going her decided to stand up and get back at Warato for tackling him. It was then that he saw him talking to Citrine and grinned widely. It was the type of grin that would turn your stomach wondering what was exactly going on inside of that skull. He stopped at the bar and looked at Cirtine "Hello Beautiful Emerald Eyes." He said with a smile. He knew that he would eat away at Warato and that was exactly what he was going to do. He himself felt something for Citrine but also protected the girl like he would Rook and even Warato. He had a special place for the three of them in his heart. The two because they were Dragon Slayers like himself but her because... well, he didn't exactly know why. He would protect anyone in here like a family member but those three he would die several times over and even return from death to protect.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Illusion, green
[imga]http://fc34.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/141/b/0/persona4_hero_by_kamiyoshi.png[/imga]

It seemed his rank didn't change anything. He tried to get out of it but it seemed like it wouldn't be that easy. Rook was the first one to say anything, discretely popping up behind him just to point out that he was one of the smartest people in the guild. He wouldn't agree with her though. Sure he was smart but there had to be quite a few that were smarter than him in the guild. After all he was only 15.

Though it seemed, from what was said, just about everyone in the guild agreed that he was smart enough to be second in command. He wanted to argue it again but when he opened his mouth he found he couldn't speak. Not a second later did Arba decided he was a good fit and practically left him in charge while she went out to gather information. He honestly wished he was aloud to go off on his own like that. By now the guild should have realized he wasn't good at communicating...

After Romeo finalized it Armen knew he wasn't getting out of the position. At least it gave him some free time to look into some things... But it would be complicated if he had to stay with everyone else. Should he delegate the work for the small amout of free time they had? He had no doubt Arba was going to come back with a lot of useful information but he doubted they would get any information on magic that is able to steal other magic. He had an idea of where in the magic web it could be but he would need time to research it.

"I'll handle it." He said slowly to Arba as she was leaving. If they were going to put him as second in command he would give it his best shot... even if he didn't think he would be that great... After nodding to Arba as she left he turned around and faced Rook. He was going to ask her to get him some information but then he just dropped his head and and left for the guild archives. It wouldn't have as much information as The Magic Library but it would do for now.

Last edited:
JunichiMarieMabel

Marie watched as the guild clamored and moved about, all calling votes and plans. She didn't try to add in her two cents, she honestly didn't have much to say. Marie would be the first to admit she wasn't exactly Bright. Her ideas were bad, and her thoughts were worse, but at least she could follow orders. So if the guild needed anything from her then hell yeah she'd act, especially since Armen♥ was now second in command. She let out a rather wistful sigh. He was so smart, gentle, and good looking. He would do well in his new position of power. It was about time he got put in a position of power anyways! Didn't they realize how great he was? She was going to go congratulate him- Oh shit. Where was he going? She wilted visibly as he left the room. "Aw, Shoot."

The sudden vocalization made Mabel raise her head from the book she was buried in the glance across the table at Marie. She stared her down for a moment before rolling her eyes, "You know, you could just, Oh... I don't know... Go after him?"

Marie whipped around to face her, eyes wide and face painted pink, "Oh No! Marie couldn't possibly, Mab! Marie is sure that Armen is very, very busy. Marie won't bother him, Marie does not want to be annoying. Then Armen would never like Marie! Marie is already many bad things; Marie does not want to add annoying to the list!"

Before Mabel could even begin to assess the self depreciating nonsense coming from Marie's mouth Junichi sudden gave a loud snore from where his face lay down on the table next to her. She could feel herself twitch. Mab didn't care if the moron slept and missed everything, but the second he started making that deplorable noise! She dog eared her page before closing her book, before closing it to strike Junichi upside the head with it.

Junichi jerked awake with a loud yelp, falling from his spot due to the force he had been struck with, "Augh!" He was quick to spring from the floor back to his feet, fists at the ready to defend from an attacker. When his eyes landed on Mabel he sagged slight, at least he wasn't Really under attack. He narrowed his eyes at her and barked, "What The Hell Is The Big Idea-"

He broke off mid rant to turn and gaze around the room, "Huh? Everyone looks like funny, what'd I miss?"

Mabel sighed and turned back to her book, flicking it open. "Quite a bit."

He blinked at her really slowly before turning to examine the room once more, "Yeah? Like what?" Mabel must have decided he wasn't worth it, however, because she didn't pay him any more attention. He huffed and mumbled under his breath, "Fine, old hag. Like I wanted you to explain anyways." He then turned an eye to Marie, "Fill me in?"

Marie shook her head almost the second his eyes settled on her, "Marie is not sure she is qualified to fill you in. Marie thinks that you should ask someone else. Marie might get it wrong."

He deflated a bit, "Aw, Marie. Don't be like that. I'm sure you could fill me in just as well as anyone else..."

But it wasn't meant to be, at least according to Marie. She threw her arms up into a big X over her head, "Marie Won't!"

Abel, red

Abel glanced at everyone and their ideas, speaking on what they should do to Demon Tail and how everyone should handle things. Abel looked at Armen, some guy that was named second in command and Abel has never met him. So, some random mage was being named second in command, but who was Abel to judge? He shouldn't even question the decision, hardly anyone knew him anymore. Crossing his arms, he turned his attention back to Romeo who was giving him permission to go to Demon Tail, as long as he had a chaperon. He didn't flinch or make a noise, but he wasn't happy with the situation. He let out a slow sigh before turning his back on Romeo and everyone else, heading to the door already. His bag slung over his shoulder and as he got closer to the doors, he stopped and turned his head until he locked eyes with Arba.

Ever since he joined a long time ago, he felt like Arba has always been watching him. He stood there for a few seconds, staring at her before letting his hood slide and cover more of his face, pushing the guild doors open and leaving. He didn't plan on losing any fight and he didn't plan on betraying Fairy Tail, even if Demon Tail gave him an offer that was great. He wasn't that kind of person, no matter what his past was like.

(Sorry for the short post. When I'm tired...I can't think of long posts...so I just got to the point)

Shadow Dragon, #1d1d1f

Rolling her eyes at Max she childishly sticks out her tongue at him from behind Armen's back before getting back to the task at hand. Standing beside Armen as the rest vote him in for 2nd in command, she gives him a playful and encouraging nudge with her elbow. "You got this Smarty." She tried to boost the silent boys confidence at bit but it didnt seem to be working too well, he still looked like we were all crazy for voting for him.

When Nero first mentioned her and Max going along with Arba, she was all for it. But when Romeo mentioned Abel going in alone, with only Warato and Anya outside. She frowned, taking a few steps forward she stands in front of Romeo. "Hey boss, wouldnt I be bettered served on a stealth mission like Abel's? I can go into shadow form and...Well literately shadow Abel inside, that way if hes unable to raise the signal, or break free, he has back up. We should still keep Warato incase me or Abel are hurt in the process though." Her tone is calm and confident. Glancing to Warato when she mentions him only to see him flirting with Citrine, letting out long sigh she shakes her head slightly. 'Meat head....'

Romeo seems to think on it for a few moments before nodding. "Very well, Rook will shadow Abel while Warato and Anya wait outside." Looking around the guild he spots the Dark/Ira duo. "Dark Will accompany Arba in your stead." He emphasized the name Dark to get the dark haired boys attention.

Grinning slightly Rook uses the shadows to travel across the guild, appearing at Abel's side as he begins to leave. "Didnt think I'd leave ya defenseless now did ya big guy?" She teases the God Slayer before regaining her serious composure

Knight Requip, blue

At the sudden turn in conversation, along with Ira so close against him, made Dark gulp. Trying to get his brain to focus on a good response to her question instead of how good she felt in his lap, he stammers. "Eh-uh-ummm...." He looks up and away from his guildmate a lightly blush rising to his cheeks, 'Dam....' Luckily he was saved by the bell as Rook mentioned his name. Using the opportunity to his advantage, he quickly though gently, picks Ira up off his lap and sets her on her feet with ease before standing up. A bright light swirls around his body below his neck for a moment before fading away, now in his usual armor with his massive Broadsword laying against his back, he grins.

"Alright then, time for some fun!" You could see the excitement in his dark sapphire eyes as he walks up to Arba. "Lead the way, oh Dark One." He teases the Demon Slayer lightly, having known her for a few years now, he felt pretty comfortable with her. Looking back to Ira he gives her a thumbs up and a smile "We'll be back in no time." His tone is confident, almost arrogant, though everyone knew he was far from it

Demon Soul, green
Smiling to Nero, Kitty rubs the back of her head "Sorry, sorry." Turning to the rest of the guild hall, her expression became worried at the mention of Abel going in alone, along with Arba going to a Dark Guild Tavern for information. 'So many risks....Though thats Fairy Tail I guess.'

When Warato sauntered up to the counter with his "charming smile" Citrine knew what was coming next, right on cue the Sky Dragon Slayer started to flirt with her. Giggling slightly at his....Less then smooth comment on her hair, she shakes her head at him, causing her auburn locks to sway slightly. "So Yura scared you enough to get you to take your chances with me huh?" Her tone is light as she grabs Wataro his favorite drink, sliding it over the counter to him.

"You guys better be careful out there. You know how I get when someone hurts any of you." Her words start out with motherly concern, but end with a icy threat underneath, not toward Warato, but toward anyone wishing to cause her guildmates harm. A cold, dark aura emanates from her for a moment before suddenly vanishing as she starts packing up a backup, like nothing happened.

Seeing Junichi getting picked on by Marie again, she waves him over. "I can fill you in June!" Citrine calls out to him, using the nickname she gave him when he was a kid

Last edited:
Yura licked her lips as the guild master made a probable miscalculation over what team to send if he wanted the tavern to be standing at the end of the day. It was just for a moment, though. After that, her usual innocent looking smile was back. If anything, a subtle force hadn't exactly been chosen. She had been ready to go out anyway. Unfortunately it wasn't in the intended direction but that was alright. It was at least moving forwards. No matter how slow she liked to take things, still was too slow.

"Let's get going, shall we?" She suggested, heading for the door. She didn't know how much she trusted the idea of Abel's direct infiltration on the bet that their possible enemy didn't do their homework nor did she think it was particularly wise to split all of their remaining S rankers from the rest of the guild even temporarily while they poked the hornet's nest but the best they could do for now was to finish quickly to decrease that time.

Joe stayed silent as his brother got up and was assigned to go shake some people upside down for answers. It was probably fine. Not like staying put was considerably safer. He frantically shook his head to bring himself back to Earth, reminding himself not to be such a worrywort. Everyone else seemed to be fine. Half of them were hardly fretting and were already back to excessive flirting. A lot had never stopped. Shifting uncomfortably as he listened to the conversations around him, he tried to think of how to make himself useful. Or at least not the sitting duck of the bunch. Unfortunately, he wasn't much of a thinker in the first place. For him, it was only the simple solution that seemed to register for him. The hero went and beat up the bad guys and all was well, something way out of his capability.

Weightless Magic, pink
[imga]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gsdgvpII3IU/UP_BEdWkBHI/AAAAAAAAA6s/Aol49kFv-PM/s400/greatest+high+resolution+anime+wallpapers++(4).jpeg[/imga]

Ira had him, should could tell, he was about to break and she would see what she had been trying to get for... well a while. Then it happened, she was so overjoyed, she got him. All her practice and she finally managed to get a glimpse of Dark's flustered face! However her victory was short lived, it was merely a glimpse and nothing more. One of their guild mates called him and the next thing she knew he was picking her up off his lap and placing her on the ground. She felt so cheated, that wasn't fair! She puffed her cheeks out as he walked over to the other two S rank mages that were all assigned to go on a 'simple' recon mission... and needless to say she was almost jealous. He was, after all, running off with two attractive girls. Would she have been included if she was S rank? When he turned around and gave him a thumbs up she turned her head and walked away with a "Hmmph." He got off easy, and he knew it.

Not that it mattered, she had plenty of other boys to tease, and her next target was ripe for the picking! Nero had just finished his conversation and now that everything had been decided she figured it would be a great time to make her move. She got up and started walking towards the bar, not giving him the slightest bit of attention (otherwise he would know her true intentions). Finally she sat down next to him and rested her head on the bar, "Neerrooo..." She whined, "Dark's mean, make him stoooop." Of course she wasn't here to complain about Dark, she just wanted to lower his defenses a little. She had her little game down to a science... though it wasn't exactly hard to catch her when she was playing...

Last edited:
Time Skip - 8 Hours and 38 Minutes
Abel
Rook
Wataro
Anya

The Whiskey Whistle Pub - 1 Mile from Demon Tail
Romeo
Nero
Max
Arba
Dark
Eric
Joseph
Armen
Yura
Ira
Estelle
Citrine
Marie
Junichi
Mabel
Sieg
(Anyone else I might of forgot)

Max, SkyBlue
Max stood at the Inn's door and began to slowly tap his feet. He stared out into the openness and tilted his head as if listening to something that no one else could hear. It was no secret that he was a feral child that no one knew a thing about. He was raised in the wild and only recently was introduced into civilized society. He still took hold of many of his past Feral Tendencies. He would be found wandering the halls without any clothes on at times and wouldn't give a damn if someone told him he was disgusting. He has gotten far better as he showers every day now or at least attempts to. But, many things were so ingrained into him that he could not shake them.

He grew up out in the wild giving his senses something beyond the normal human and magic user's level. His eyes were known to be as staring as a hawks and his scent picking up skills were heavily valued by his team mates. From the distance separating their group from the other he seemed to almost see them no matter how far they were. He couldn't see them but he could smell them as they were down wind from the Demon Tail head quarters. Of all the people he smelled Rook the most. He memorized her scent long ago as she was the first person to talk to him when they found him out in the wild.

He suddenly turned from the door way anxious and seemingly barely able to control himself. Even though they were guests in the Inn he went over to the table and picked up the metal utensils and shoved them into his mouth. He began to ravage the metal to the horror of all the none Fairy Tail Patrons in the Inn. He picked up a candle holder and shoved it down his throat with sickening crunch. "I hate this.. I smell them... I smell her and I can't be there." He said as his eyes darted around. It was bad when he got himself worked up. It was almost like a shark entering a feeding frenzy. He hungered for sustenance to calm himself and he began to devour any metal out. It began evident of what he was doing and the owner came out and began to gather up the metal. The owner wasn't stupid and did not confront of the Dragon Slayer. Once he was finished for the moment he went over to the door again and took a large sniff of the air. "Still alive..." He said slowly before pacing back and fourth.

Shadow Dragon, #1d1d1f

Rook knelt down beside Abel and Wataro, they were hiding on a small cliff. Demon Tail stood right in front of them below the cliff. "Judging by the information Dark, Arba, and Yura gathered. They have 12 members not including their Master, that is if the information is accurate. Theres been a rumor going around that at least 2 of the members are Slayers, what kind is unknown. We should keep our eyes peeled." Her tone is deadly serious and hushed in case any of the members have sensitive hearing.

Her dark eyes go to Abel. "I'll stay a few feet behind when I shadow you so I'll be out of range if they try sensing around you. Remember, any sign of outright aggression and we bolt back. Same thing if they confirm the "Calling Card"." A little concern for Abel leaked into Rook's voice but her expression was steely

Knight Requip, blue

Dark sat at a table along with Romeo and a few others. He glanced to Max as he started chowing down on anything metal in his reach. His eyes narrow as he puts a hand on his Broadsword-Fury in a protective way. "Hands of the hardware Max, your gonna get us kicked out." He fearlessly chides the Iron Dragon Slayer, relaxing slightly when Max goes back to the door.

His sapphire eyes settle on Romeo. "So whats the plan if things go south Boss?" His eyes keep glancing around them making sure there wasnt any hostile auras nearby that might be a enemy or informant. Dark had almost a 6th sense when it came to spotting, or sensing hostility from others.

Romeo sighs at Max 'Thats gonna cost us...' He should of known better than to bring most of his guild into a cramped space like this, but they were trying to lay low until the time was right. Turning his attention to Dark he clenches his fists laying on the table. "If their the ones that did this to my Guild, to my children. Then this will be war. I'll seek out their master while the rest of you deal with the rest." There was fury seething beneath his words, the Master was serious.

Dark leans a little bit away from Romeo, feeling the waves of hostility rolling off of him, it caused a trick of sweat to run down his cheek. But he understood where the Master was coming from, he felt the same way. "Alright, what about teams?" That seemed to snap Romeo out of his brooding state.

Blinking Romeo looks around the pub. "Hmmm....Good question......Arba?" His eyes go to the Demon Slayer and Dark suddenly slumps forward like a anvil just landed on him. 'Master.....'

JunichiMarieMabel

Junichi sat growling at the table in front of him trying not to make to big of a bust, he knew he had to lay low but...He Was Pissed! So what if he was a low rank? He could have gone scouting party! He's super useful, and strong too! So what if he was a little lazy, he wouldn't be like that on a real mission! He could be helpful, so why wouldn't they put them to work.

When Junicni first had this out burst back at the guild it was mabel who had knocked some sense into him, literally. She has beamed him upside the head with her book and informed him just because he wasn't with the scouting group didn't mean his job wasn't mean his job wasn't important! Grudgingly he had to see the reason in that, but it didn't stop him from wishing that he could have been with the others.

He sighed loudly and dropped his forehead to the table, rolling it to the side to examine Mabel next to him. He didn't really understand how she could look so calm at a time like this. She was looking, well, how she usually looked. She sat with her back straight in her hair, and her eyes slightly lidded, as she read the the book held delicately in one hand. She was so prim and proper...It was gross. She came across stuck up if you asked him.

When he turned to examine the rest of the guild he found she wasn't the only case. Every one seemed to be acting normal for the most part, well there was Max, who was pacing, but since when was Max normal? Everyone else however moved and acted as they usually did, or at least to his untrained eye, the only thing he could pick up out of place was the low hum of nervousness everyone was giving off.

Mabel suddenly turned to him, "You notice too?"

He turned to look at her with a blank expression, "Eh?"

Mabel looked a little put out by his lack of eloquence, "You noticed. The atmosphere. You did notice, right?"

He seemed to brighten at that, "Oh, yeah. I did. It seems really obvious."

Mabel lifted a corner of her flat expression, "Very, but you don't usually pick up on the mood. Maybe, your learning something after all..."

Junichi lit up, "Hey, thanks," Before he darkened in slow realization, "Wait a minute... You calling me slow?"

Mabel just lifted a finger to her lips, "Shush, their deciding teams. Listen in." This was, of course, enough to get his attention onto more important things. It was enough, it seemed, to catch Marie's notice as well.

Marie had been playing with a small figure puppet, just off to the side of them, when she had over heard their conversation. Her head snapped up and her eyes glittered, "Teams..." She sounded breathy as she whispered the word to the small finger puppet. Her eyes quickly wandered to Armen, would he have a team? She blushed suddenly, what if he had a team and she was On it!

Her cheeks darkened further at the idea and she whispered dreamily to her puppet, "Armen's team..." Her head turned and her eyes searched for him in the crowd. Oh yes, she really, REALLY, wanted to be on Armen's team! She wanted to protect him, to stand as an ever vigilant wall between him and those that dared try and hurt him! She wanted....to just kinda have an excuse to talk to him with out coming of desperate or annoying to be honest. But it could be that and those noble things too, right?

• Love
Sky Dragon Slayer, blue
[imga]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kVr_OnuVxRM/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABU/I83f6Kitn-I/photo.jpg[/imga]
Warato sighs a little at Citrine's comment. She already had him figured out, no point in continuing. He picked up the drink she slid to him and took a sip only to have a spark fill his eye. He hadn't ordered this in a long time but it was indeed a mix of tropical fruits. Not only did he enjoy the flavor but the drink itself was fairly nostalgic. This certain mix of fruits... however he couldn't tell you why... "Yeah, Yeah." He recomposed himself and gave her a smile. "Yeah, well anyone is better than Yura. I'll risk getting whacked upside the head by you than... well you know." He looked down at his drink when she mentioned the mission. He still hadn't the slightest idea why he was included... but if they thought he was fit for the mission than who was he to argue? Right? "Don't worry, I'll come back in once piece. After all I'm sure all the girls in Fairy Tale would be heart broken if anything happened. You included." He teased with a wink trying not to think about the mission too much.

-Time Skip-

Warato was laying at his advantage point watching as Rook and Abel prepared to enter... needless to say his heart was constantly skipping beats. What was he supposed to do if a fight broke out? Rush in and help? But honestly what could he do? Would it be better for him to wait for everyone else? But then why was he even here? Rook had an escape method, perhaps he was supposed to fly down and grab Abel... but would Abel even want to run? He bit his lip full of doubt, perhaps he should have asked why he was on this mission... He took a deep breath and slowly let it out. He would just have to wait and see, perhaps all this worrying is for naught.

• Love
Estelle was seated at one of the tables in the pub with the rest of the guild. Except Max, which she would have to scold later due to the budget and reputation of Fairy Tail. Sort of hypocritical since she once destroyed half of a town, but that's a story for another time. Everybody was just waiting for the signal, if there was going to be one. Estelle had no clue what was going on a mile away, and caused her to be scared a little bit. All she could do was wait though. As back-up that's all that was required of her at the moment.
Estelle rested her head down on the table. "I want a drink," She groaned "But that's against my beliefs.".

• Love
A R B A, #7851a9

After the events at the tavern Arba had suggested they'd look, she was in another pub, not so far away from the headquarters of Demon Tail itself. She stood there, with a bored expression. Her hands were folded before her chest. She was scanning the area, while some of the members from Fairy Tail were playing around. It had been hours since she got what she wanted, but now, maybe taking action was the next option.

She noticed Dark telling Max to lay off from whatever it was that he was doing. And it reminded Arba about the little duo back in the guild, and how they managed to escape her wrath. A smirk came across her face before she also, decided to speak to Max, but after Dark was done. Arba had noticed Dark conversing with their Guild Master, but decided to take a few steps away from them, as she approached one of the rowdy slayers in their guild.

"Well.. Max, you just can't help but get scolded now, hmm?" She rhetorically asked, not really wanting an answer. "Since Rook is doing something useful, maybe you should as well?" She teased him. If anything, she made quite the expression before, she again, was interrupted.

She was caught off guard by the Master when he asked her what they should do next, or rather, more specifically, what teams they should have. Arba was honestly confused. Teams? Do they really need it? She wanted to burst in and find anyone to extract more useful information, but especially find the source behind the loss of magic, and how they managed to do just that, but she knew that it wasn't the most sane option they had going.

She tilted her head backwards, before she turned around. Her expression was serious, but more determined.

"Since most of the guild is basically standing by in such a cramped up place, maybe we should discuss this outside?" She suggested. to both Dark and the Guild Master.

"As for teams.... Well.." She smiled sheepishly, before turning around, looking at Max. She wrapped her arm around his head, and held him close to her chest.

"As long as I have Max with me, the guild, or the ones that are already here, can group up however they see fit." She stated, as she glanced back and forth between Dark and the Guild Master.

Arba was in a teasing mood, but she meant what she said, and wanted to keep Max with her. It was just because. "We'll group up with the rest when we get there. That should be our first priority. So what do you say.. Master?" It was either this or barge right in. Despite her excitement, despite her wanting to do the latter. She wanted to be more composed for now, and rather meet up with the remaining members that were spying on Demon Tail. She knew, however, that they would be fine. She put alot of trust into her family, the guild members.

N E R O, #99ccff

He was in a pub, but again, just like in Fairy Tail, he was sitting by another counter, laid back as he always was. Though he was beside Estelle. Resting while they were waiting, she gazed at her fellow partner who was bored, or rather, that is what he assumed. Especially after she groaned and thought out loud. "But maybe you should.... Take that drink?" He joked for a moment, before he sighed.

"Things sure are taking its time, huh?" He stated, before continuing. "I mean.. Arba, Yura and Dark got the information from the tavern earlier, but why are we still here? Shouldn't we just get going?" Nero was seemingly frustrated almost all the time after the spectacle Demon Tail made with their members, and how they lost their magic. He was angry, but again, knew he couldn't just jump the gun alone, that would be stupid.

A few moments later, he noticed the Guild Master, Dark and Arba conversing. "Maybe they're getting somewhere.." He assumed, though he diverted his attention back to Estelle.

"So.. What do you think? Do you really think that Demon Tail are behind the reason for why some members from our guild lost their magic? I mean is that even possible?" More questions, and less answers. This was the everyday life for Nero since the incident.

He was eager to atleast do something useful.

Last edited:
Illusion, green
[imga]http://fc34.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/141/b/0/persona4_hero_by_kamiyoshi.png[/imga]

Armen was sitting with the top members of the guild, despite being a B rank wizard, however unlike the rest he was seemed preoccupied. In front of him was a large note book that already had quite a few pages filled up and around it sat a couple of old scrappy books. Honestly speaking, he hadn't gotten very far in his research. He was trying to figure out whether the 'lost magic' was really taken away or just locked away. If it was locked away perhaps it could be heal but if it was taken he would have to figure out how to return it... though technically it couldn't have just been taken. Wouldn't the members be dead if that was the cause? If a wizard used up all of their stored magic it would kill them wouldn't it? So if someone were to suck the magic from you it would kill you. Just like absorption magic and all the known connected branches kill the target or 'borrow' the magic which was just temporarily disabling one's magic while you use it. However this wasn't temporary, it's been a while and the longest time recorded was three hours. Perhaps if it was a branch of that?

He was starting to wear himself out honestly. Ever since Arba left the guild he had been digging through book after book trying to figure this out. Of course he hadn't told anyone... and he didn't ask for help which in hind sight probably wasn't a good idea... but who in this guild could he trust with such an important task? Sure there were smart members among them but... well he didn't trust... not trust, know anyone well enough to ask for help...

At any rate he closed his note book and stacked up his books, it was time for a break... and his pen was out of ink anyways. Finally he took his nose out of his books only to see Arba choking out (at least that's what he assumed she was doing) Max. For a moment he wondered what Max had done this time but quickly brushed it off as non of his business. "Teams?" He mumbled to himself hearing the word thrown around. It seemed Wataro, Rook, Abel, and Kanya weren't back yet. How long had passed? Were they preparing for war? Was it confirmed? He half scolded himself for not known but didn't speak up. It wasn't like it really mattered, Arba already mentioned everyone else could choose who they worked with so their was no use thinking about it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Max, Skyblue
Max looked around and nodded to them all before Arba came over to him. He felt uneasy the moment he felt her presence. In fact.. he smelled her far before she got close to him. He knew she was coming but to run would mean the end of him for a few days. He valiantly stood his ground in the face of the S-Class girl. It was then that she began to tease him. A concept her only vaguely understood and took with a long string of paranoia. He tried stepping back but was caught by the girl. "Argh! Why do you do this to me woman!" He cried out. He then came to his senses "Alright... What do you propose... Arba.." He asked her.

It was then that he began to zone out as she began to talk to the others. He seemed to be staring blankly at her but was sniffing the air and tacking the scents of those in the distance. He then shook his head to get himself back in reality. He heard the word outside and nodded in approval. "I like the outside. I cant stand being cramped up in a building.." He added in though he didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

It was then he heard the word 'Teams' and was instantly grappled by Arba. His head went into her chest and he cough unsure of what to do. For once he felt powerless in the girls arms. He couldn't bring himself to do anything and for some reason it felt very warm. He did struggle for several seconds but just gave up. "Teams.... I guess this wont be to bad... Now.. Before you suffocate me with your breasts Arba... I would like air.." He said in response. He was teasing her obviously but didn't mind it. He may be afraid of her but at that moment he wasn't.

"As long as I have Max with me." he heard next. It wasn't a secret that he was a selfless person overall. He would protect anyone with his life first and his powers next. He just remained in her arms and suddenly wrapped his arms around her and picked her up easily. "Now it seems I have you... Don't kill me." He said before putting her down. From that moment he felt the fear evaporate. He was never held like that before and it for some reason relaxed him.

"You can trust me not to destroy things... I feel oddly calm.. I don't know what it was that Arba did but.. I feel relaxed." He stated openly. He then turned back to her "Well, if they decide this then I want to find Rook. I want to make sure she is alright and Warato. Mostly Rook though.. I still have to have a few words with Warato." He said and to everyone's surprise he didn't sound violent or feral.

• Love
Demon Soul, green

Citrine giggled to herself as Arba and Max grappled with eachother, though it seemed to calm the beast down a bit, something that didnt happen very often. At the mention of Estelle taking that drink she lightly pops Nero on the back of the head, she was standing to the side of him leaning against the bar. "Stop teasing the poor girl you trouble maker." She chides lightly like an older sister, but she was smiling despite her words. Looking to Estelle she gives her an understanding nod "I'm anxious too, the signal, if there is one, should be coming soon." She tried reassuring the "Angel" of Fairy Tail, but it problay just made it worse.

Noticing Kreid at a table by myself she grins before walking over to the purple haired wizard. Walking up behind him she suddenly hugs him from behind, though he was still sitting while she was standing so her chest was level with the back of his head. "Kreid-kun~, do you wanna team up if things go sour? We've worked together pretty well in the past." Shes asks her bright jade eyes looking down at him, Kitty had known Kreid for awhile now so she was pretty comfortable around him.

Kreid, indigo
Kreid was enjoying a simple drink of water by himself until he found himself pressed to a woman's bosom from behind. Raising a brow with a low, interested, "Hohh~?..." He then found out it was Citrine as she spoke. Smirking, he shut his eyes for a moment as he set his glass down, "Heh, if you knew me better Cat, you'd probably rethink putting my head where it is.. 'Course, I'm not saying they're bad but if I had to pick who's I'd be pressed against I'd drag that metal-eater away." He chuckled lightly in jest, referring over to Arba and Max. He glanced up as if trying to look at Citrine, not moving his head however. He mostly expected her to clock him for that, but that just made him smirk all the wider. "But of course, you can count on me to watch your back.. Though, after this is all over I wonder if I can get a good spar in with Arba.. I may never win but I don't back down on my own bets."

Reactions: Akashi
Abel, red

Abel was staring at the Demon Tail guild, listening to Rook talk about the information that was gathered and how they should be careful. He stayed quiet, in his own mind he was already thinking of what he should do, maybe Demon Tail didn't attack the Guild and it was some Dark Guild trying to get the two Guilds to kill themselves, whatever the case was. He had already made his mind up. Glancing back at Rook, he stood up from the crouched position he was in and grabbed his hood, pulling it up and over to cover a majority of his face. His posture was calm, and powerful, and Fairy Tail didn't know how strong he was now, he was gone for a year on a mission. He could of found something, or learned something or maybe he was just the same. He was never around Fairy Tail when it mattered, except now. "Rook. You should stay back here, don't follow me. Trust me, if you come with, something bad is going to happen." He didn't wait for her to reply, and if she followed him then she followed him and it was her own fault.

He walked forward, out of the clearing of the forest and towards the Guild Doors. He didn't look back at the group that came with him, but instead he formed a fist in his right hand and brought it back. Black energy swirled around his fist before he swung, connecting with the door. He was making a 'grand' entrance for a reason, a reason of his own that his Group and Fairy Tail would not agree with, but it was how he did things. As the door was blown off its hinges and everyone in Demon Tail was alerted of his entrance, he proudly walked into the Guild as the dust settled. "This is the infamous Demon Tail?" He stopped for a moment, clearing his mind and taking a deep breath, what he was about to do would go two ways and he preferred if it went his way. Rook, you better not be following... He quietly thought to himself before looking at the Guild and the members that seemed ready to pounce and attack him.

"I would like to join..."

Status
Not open for further replies.