Fairy Tail: Lost Chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ila cheered at the victory, but before she knew it her spirits were quickly snuffed out by the ominous buzzing around the guild hall. Utterances of a name.. Eliza. Where had she heard that name before? She wasn't sure, but before she could get a firm hold on the situation everyone was being silenced by the angry whirl of emotion wrapping Kanda in flames.

The woman leaned in closer to Lyra, not knowing where "this" Kanda had come from.

Of course... A previous partner.. ila thought abck on what Kanda had said before in the clearing.

~"She was a beauty. We would go out and do jobs together. Best team in the Royal Knight Guild."~

Eliza... the name seemed to fit. This woman must've been the one that had him so aloof and distant from everyone. Someone so important that it changed the Flame Wielder into a violent alcoholic. Though that wasn't entirely true. If he were just bitterness, why did he help Ila? There must've been something she could do...

For now, her purpose was clear. The man was drunk, and clearly on edge. Ila moved swiftly from her seat, eyes honing into narrow slants as she passed around his right side and lowered herself out of his view, delivering a shockingly powerful blow to his gut in a swift attempt to knock him out so that she could catch him on her shoudler. Sure.. she was little, but they didn't call her a Mage Slayer for nothing.. She didn't want to hurt him.. but she knew Kanda wouldn't want to hurt his guildmates either. She'd heard wizard guilds were like family, and if she'd been inducted into this family, she'd make sure Kanda dind't do anything he'd regret.

Kanda felt a blow to his stomach, and slumped forward, passing out.

Lyra put her hands to her mouth in shock, the rest of the guild hall standing up. They could only stare at Ila in shock at what she had just done. Kanda was their most powerful wizard. Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, Lyra started laughing. "Oh, you are perfect for him." She clapped her hands in joy and the rest of the guild looked at Lyra in confusion. Lyra came around the bar. "Come, we can take him up to his room. He stays in the guild."

the man was carefully caught over ila's shoulders, but since he was taller than she was his legs dragged the ground behind her as she smiled sheepishly at the sudden silence. where they going to attack her for knocking him out? She was only trying to help.. she didn't want to die at the hands of the Royal Knights! Something inside her instantly began to fill with regret and self loathing.. Then Lyra's suddenly bursting into laughter eased her tension after initially nearly scaring the wits out of her.

"Phew... I was afraid i'd done something wrong for a moment there.." She admitted, adjusting the passed out Kanda on her back as best she could while watching LYra pass around the bar. "Sure thing, lead the way.. and hurry.. this guy is a lot heavier than I thought he'd be" Ila grunted.

Lyra started up the stairs that had been situated beside the bar. Kanda's room was the last one in the hallway, and she took a master key from around her neck to unlock and open his door. "You were fine," she answered, "No one usually has the guts to act like that around him. Honestly, he's normally not so bad. Just...lonely...is how I would describe it I guess." She pulled the covers down the bed, getting it ready for Kanda. "Oh, his packs still downstairs, I'll go get it."

Lyra left the room, taking her time to get Kanda's pack. A few of the wizards were at the bar, asking questions. She silenced them with a smile.

Ila followed behind Lyra carefully, the resounding thuds of the toes of Kanda's shoes hitting the steps sounding off their progress every step of the way until they reached the landing. She took this time to listen to what Lyra had to say, and at the same time adjusted the man on her back once more. There was that warmth again. Something that she could feel was uncomfortable..but it was different. Something that she'd not noticed the first time she'd touched his arm. It was pulsing. Something soft like the steady beat of someones heart. And it seemed to travel throughout her body with each dazed breath the man took.

Her thoughts came back to earth.. lonely? "Huh? Oh.. yeah. sure thing. I'll just wait up here with him." She suggested without thinking about it, and turned to slump the man over in his bed, a little rough, but as gentle as she could muster without falling over right along with him. Then, as if she'd known him from childhood, she tucked him in neatly and stared down into the mans face. Wondering.. what had happened to Eliza? Who did it... and how could she help Kanda find peace?

"..Such a tormented soul.." She said, speaking to herself before she even knew it had happened. Violet eyes taking on a mystical glow in the moonlight coming in through the window. After a while she took to sitting on the side of his bed, thinking about this and that while waiting for Lyra to return... but before long it had taken so long that Ila found herself staring off into the night sky through the window. "Lonely huh? Well.. I'm here now, Ila's going to watch your back from now on so you can rest.. All you need is someone who understands, right big guy?"

Lyra grabbed Kanda's pack and raced back up the stairs, questions being hollared at her from wizards downstairs. She entered Kanda's room and set his pack down by the small desk in the room. "I do hope you were careful not to touch his skin for too long?" She walked over to the bed, kneeling beside it. "Luckily, whenever he's knocked unconscious, his body will only generate a light heat. But, if you had attempted to harm him after, the fire might have tried to shield him." She took a small stamp out of her pocket. "Oh, by the way, you need the magical tattoo of the guild." Lyra smiled, looking at Ila.

Kanda stirred slightly in his sleep, a frown coming to his face. Lyra turned pale and reached over, sweeping hair out of Kanda's eyes. "Shh, shh..." She shushed him, standing. "You can sleep in the room beside this one. We keep it open for guests. Although, if you team up with Kanda, that may very well become your permanent residence...otherwise, he may try to leave you behind."

The sound of the door opening and the bag being set down had Ila up on her guard, eyes flickering for a moment from the wistful gaze to an intent glare until she recognized the soft steps of Lyra and the girls voice came through the dimly lit room. Ila watched the girl kneel beside the bed, and listened to Kanda's defense. That didn't seem normal... "So that fire of his.. It's more a part of him than just a magic he uses.. I guess I won't be rudely waking him up." she chuckled to herself.

Ila noted the stirring. It must've been a bad dream, but judging by Lyra's reaction it must have been a common occurrence. She felt concerned, but all the more confused by it. She only met the guy some hours ago.. what had happened in such a short time? It was strange.. perhaps Kanda was just that sort of guy. Someone people just knew they could follow.

With a brief nod, Ila sat straight up so that the seal could be placed on the right side of her abdomen. "I suppose I don't have much choice then, do i?" She chuckled and shook her head, focusing her gaze on Lyra. "That bastard better not leave me or I swear he'll regret it.." She growled, then her face calmed. "He really loved her...didn't he?"

Lyra stamped Ila then put it away. "In answer to the first question...it's complicated. His fire is a magic, but he trained vigorously in it, so much so that it became a part of him. The magic settled in is blood."

She stood, motioning for Ila to follow and walked to the next room. Opening the door, she revealed a room almost identical to Kanda's. "He will most definately try to leave you. He dodges even the best tracker from our guild. We have come to respect and follow him.." She ran fingers through her hair. "Yes, he really loved her...he wasn't always like this you know....he used to be gentle...he laughed a lot, had tons of friends. It all changed the day he came back with her body in his arms. Both were covered in blood and he had tears streaming down his face..." She looked away from Ila. "He won't share what happened...I'm the only one that knows the full story." She sighed.

Ila looked to the stamp. So the deed was done.. she'd joined a guild of wizards. The reality of her situation.. the sense of betraying her distrust for their type, had only now sent a slight pang of irritation through her.

But how could she explain how it happened? Nothing significant, and yet...

"Oh I see.. That explains why he's so powerful." Ila replied, then rose from the edge of the bed to follow her to the next room where she'd be staying from now on. She scanned the room quickly, nothing special and not too different from Kanda's. Stopping in the middle of the room, Ila turned to look back to Lyra when she began to answer her question.

Ila was confident she wouldn't be getting the information her curiosity yearned for. She felt bad... but she wanted to know. What happened? ..Who was it? There was more to her curiosity. Was it dark wizards... or Her. The image of a scarlet hood came to mind suddenly. As if projected directly into her thoughts Ila saw her face, that seductive smile hidden partially by a veil of black silk.. Dante.

Ila's full attention was on Lyra. The girl looked upset so Ila walked up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder and trying to look her in the face. "It's ok, you don't have to tell me all of the details but if you can.. I want to know who attacked them... was it a dark wizard guild?"

Lyra looked patted the hand on her shoulder, enjoying the comfort. She nodded at the question. "It was...it was a combination. A girl in a scarlet hood, but there were several dark wizards they had been chasing."

She heard some shouts from downstairs and rolled her eyes. "The other boys are getting antsy for answers and beer." She smirked and shook her head.

Ila frowned, So it was her. Something Ila would have to face later on down the line. Ila removed her hand, and forgot the matter when the shouts started up again. Her eyes rose to the door.

"Answers?" Ila rose an eyebrow and rested her hands on her hips. "Answers to what?"

"Kanda." Lyra laughed. "Oh, this happens every time he comes back. They ask how long he will stay and how many he finished last. This guild is very protective, especially of Kanda." She shrugged.

Ila suddenly felt like she was going to be ill. If they knew... if Kanda found out..

"Oh.." She had thought about getting an ale, but the thought was now far behind her. A forced smile was given and she stepped back. "Well that's good! I see I'm not the only one keeping an eye out for the big guy. Tell them not to worry, I'm gonna keep a close eye on him!" and with that Ila gave a thumbs up. "Go on ahead, i'm sorry to have kept you with my nosiness. A quick question though.. Since i'm new to the guild, can i get free drinks?"

Lyra laughed, walking towards the door. "They won't worry." She smiled. "And no, no free drinks. The guild works hard to keep an influx of ale for even Kanda's appetite, and he only drinks out of necessity." She shook her head. "There are no free drinks, but there are drinks for one jule instead of the two we would normally charge."

"Well that sucks.." Ila scoffed, folding her arms. "Fine then, For now though I think I'd better get some rest. Kanda's got a bit of ahead start on me."

She watched Lyra head to the door, and trusted her to close it behind her. Though Ila slept with one eye open, that did precious little good with people who could blow down the door and fill the room with water or something. Still, she felt safe in the guild hall.. but strangely out of place. Butterflies keeping her from settling in completely that she hoped would fade with time.

When Lyra was gone, Ila made herself comfortable, stripping down to something comfortable to sleep in and hanging the cloth she wore off her hip over the edge of the bed and her sword was rested against the wall and she lay herself down to sleep.

Lyra left the room, walking down the stairs and to the bar. "Alright, you lot. Chill out." She smiled as an ice wizard rolled his eyes and shot frozen daggers at the dartboard. Lyra laughed. "No offense."

~~~

Kanda could see her dead body. "Eliza..." he moaned. He picked her up in his arms, crying at the blood dripping over his arms and through his fingers. "I'LL FIND YOU!" He cursed at the sky, the girl in the hood.

"Eliza!" Kanda cried out in his sleep. Tears were rolling down his face.

The moonlight glancing across floor was caught in the lower half of a soft and pale face. violet eyes almost glowing within the shadow of the doorway while she leaned against the door frame. It was later now, some of the wizards downstairs still keeping up a clamber, but here she was..in dead silence by comparison, keeping a guilty eye on a man who's suffering she felt responsible for though she was nowhere near the events that had unfolded.

She hugged her arms to herself, the slight chill of the night getting to her as she was in nothing but a t-shirt and underwear, normally she'd be in the covers, but it was a mixture of guilt and concern that drove her from her room. Perhaps it was his pain that drew her to him, made her wish to help. Against her better judgement she turned from him when he'd called out to Eliza. "I'm sorry big guy.."

~~~

The next morning she was up bright and early, if a little undead and snippy. She'd changed the banner she wore just off her side with the assistance of a wizard who'd loved stitching, instead of the mark of the vanguard she had before, her banner now sported an outline of the guild seal.

"Wow.. you're pretty good at this.." She groaned, wiping the sleep from her eyes and putting down a jule for a drink to help bring her to life. The wizard who'd remade her banner bowed in response to the groggy praise. the man being a tall and proper sort of man dressed in a neat vest and black slacks with a monacle on his right eye. The stitcher packed up his thread and left with a pleased nod.

"Lyra... Kanda up yet?" Ila groaned, supporting her head on her palm.

Kanda continued a night of restless sleep until his own screaming brought him sitting in his bed and drenched in sweat. Lyra, having heard the screama and feeling bad for him, had knocked on his door. Going back downstairs she watched as Ila had her banner sewn on. At the question she nodded. "When isnt he?" She frowned.
Kanda came down the stairs at that moment...a frown on his face and in a new change of clothes. His pack was slung across his shoulder and he looked at them in disapproval. "Ready?" He asked

Ila closed her eyes at the question of if she was ready. All the faking in the world couldn't pass her for a morning person, but she took her drink and gave a haphazard wave of her hand. "Good morning to you too, big guy."

"Sure. I'm ready to head out whenever you are.. though I'm not sure where we're gonna go.. Got a job?" She asked over the rim of her glass.

Lyra frowned. "Kanda, you are NOT leaving without breakfast again..." She slid two plates of bacon and eggs onto the counter.

Kanda waved his hand dismissively. Shaking his hand and walking over to the job board. He snatched a job that looked simple, protecting a caravan, and walked back over to the bar. "Lyra, I don't need breakfast."

Lyra sighed. "Remember when you came back half dead after that one job? Well, you didn't eat breakfast then either!"

Status
Not open for further replies.