Fairy Tail: Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
River blushed once more at the wink and turned away from Felix. She felt as if her heart world explode if spent another moment next to him. Almost frantically searched for a reason to politely leave. Seeing that Kuroh, she took it upon herself to go formally introduce herself. Yuuki and Felix would be fine, right? Hurriedly she ran over to the silent one.

"Hello! I'm River! Nice to meet you!" She exclaimed, extending her arm, she offered him a handshake.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pyralithia
Kuroh Fujijibasu

Kuroh looked up from where he sat. He saw a girl from his group. He blinked a few times as he usually kept to himself.

"Hi,.....I'm Kuroh" he said taking her hand. Letting go he just sat there in silence it was kind of awkward to him. People don't usually come up to him at all. Pulling his hand back he took a book out of his bag and started to read to make up for the lack of talking.

• Bucket of Rainbows
14KWNjM.png
The train was finally moving for their destination. He did wonder, however, what was going on and how magic users were affected. Despite anything, Eclipse was perhaps going on their most dangerous mission as of yet. His eyes glanced from and to when he noticed other members from Eclipse. Some where in the same group as him, while some where not. His hazel eyes shifted towards his right hand, looking at the palm, he was somewhat annoyed as to why he couldn't do it. Why his own ice magic was different than the others. He clenched his fist quite tight, trying to forget about it.

Luckily, one of the people in the group he was in decided to take a seat next to him, completely breaking his concentration. His eyes immediately fixated on the familiar figure before him. "Mabel.." He was literally annoyed by the expression on her face, and the fact that she tried to comfort him in something he was confused about, only to a degree. Moving his knee away from her hand ever so slightly, his gaze shifted towards the window, as if he didn't want to converse with her.

"What is it there to figure out?...." He responded, wondering if Mabel actually knew what he was trying to do. Nero was always the type to attempt at Ice-make when no one was around, and if Mabel knew, how the hell did she find out? Was she snooping? That part was the most curious one to him. "Besides, I dont need you to worry about me.."

@Justaddnutts

• Bucket of Rainbows
River stomped her foot. She had given him ample time to respond, but instead he starts to read! Awkwardly, she sat beside him. Fine. Two can play it that game. She scrunched up her face. Then tapped her foot. Then sighed a little. Finally expressing a final huff of annoyance, she turned to him.

"So, uh - whatcha reading?" She asked nonchalantly, unable to stop the frustration leak into her voice. She was unsure whether or not to keep bothering him, maybe she should just admit defeat. Sighing, she thought grumpily to herself, Are we there yet?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Kuroh Fujijbasu

"Uh....umm it's called Dragon Cube Z"he responded trying not to make eye contact.

"It's about a boy who's not from the planet he lives on, he has to go find the dragon cubes there are seven of them and they grant you any wish you want" He continued. He turned the next page and started to read it with the girl sitting next to him. He was waiting until she left so he didn't have to converse any longer.

"I really don't think you'd like it"he said to the girl.

• Bucket of Rainbows
cooltext135599267653341.png
Deep amethyst eyes scanned the train, looking over his companions. Even he had to admit this group consisted of the more serious Wizards in Eclipse. All but Mabel that was, seeing the pink haired girl try to cheer a frustrated Nero up made Zarek smile a bit. She was much like her magic, at least one of her magics, Fairy Magic. A bright ray of light amongst the darkness, at least compared to him. As the train took them toward they're destination he was glad the train was a safe zone, at least for now, so they didnt have to wear the annoying masks Winter issued them.

Glancing to Temperance he wasnt sure if he should try to make small talk or not, he wasnt use to being around others so much. He usually did solo jobs so this was fairly new for the hybrid. "I hope this lead isnt a dead end." Zarek commented a bit awkwardly as he went back to staring out at the passing terrain.

Cal thought the members of her team, she didn't really know them beforehand, consequences of keeping to herself, but it was better nothing. At the same time though, sending people who, for the most part, barely knew each other on such an important mission seemed a bit risky in her opinion. Somewhere in the back of her head, she hoped to be able to actually be a decent teammate through all of this.
Cal's thoughts were cut short as her stomach began turning, there wasn't much to distract herself from it. This has to be the most unstable train I have ever his the displeasure of riding on. She thought to herself with a light scowl. She hoped the others wouldn't notice her unease, then again, she is able to hide her expressions very well, so the chances of her slipping up now, of all times, were slim.

"I hope this lead isnt a dead end."

"Don't we all." muttering her own thoughts out loud, not paying much attention to who the comment was directed to. Both the silence the motions sickness beginning to get to her. "I just want to find out what's causing this disaster and be over with it."

• Bucket of Rainbows
cooltext135728125644596.png
Phi followed her comrades on board, albeit reluctantly. Taking the seat next to River she smiled as she seemed to be getting along quite well with Felix, very well. As Yuuki joined them nearly jumping out of his skin in excitement she giggled softly. "Hell yeah! We're gonna make this "Crusade" pay for harming our friends." She responded with determination. She lightly pokes Yuuki's cheek "But we still gotta be careful, this plague is dangerous." She warned, knowing this excitement could cloud they're judgement.

Phi watched as River got all flustered with Felix before going off to talk to Kuroh it seemed. 'I'm glad shes opening up to others...Though Kuroh might not be the best option.' She thought as she glanced behind her at the 2. She saw the little bluenette as her younger sister, so naturally she was a bit protective. But soon her attention was focused somewhere else, like on her queasy stomach as the train started moving. Nearly instantly her head felt like it was being pulled down as nausea swam over her.
"Ugh..." The Sun Slayer groaned lightly as she leaned against the window. 'I hate vehicles...'

River sensed the atmosphere drop. Not wanting to bother Kuroh any longer, she decided to give up her somewhat desperate plea for attention and walked over to sit by herself. You may have won this battle Kuroh, but I will win the war! She thought grumpily. Her eyes wondered around once more, she noticed Phi slump against the window. River hoped the train ride didn't last too much longer. Her eyes then rested on Felix, her eyes drunk in every detail. Not that there was much to see, the armour was beautiful, but it certainly covered everything else. As she gazed over the armour for what was probably the thousandth time, she noticed the little details that weren't seen at first glance. She was up to the left arm, when she realised she had been blatantly staring! Right in front of Phi!! What would she think?! She would think that I was shamelessly checking him out! . "Oh goodness...." River muttered. She felt herself blush. She decided to take a page out of Kuroh's book, closing her eyes, she tried to sleep.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Time Skip - Evening
Group 1 has arrived at Shirotsume
Group 2 has arrived at Logres

Reactions: Link Loftin
Felix stepped off the train, the smaller metal steps from the train car creaked and even bent under the combined weight of the massive warrior and his heavy iron armor. As he stepped off the train, he made his way to where the bags were being unloaded. Taking his suitcase in one hand, the iron-clad warrior began to think about their mission, their quest, so to speak. There wasn't much information to go off of, and while he'd hunted for targets during his time as a Talon Mercenary, he usually at least had a wanted poster or a proper name. This would be an interesting job, to say the least. Still, it was an important one. This "Crusade" figure had been committing terrible crimes and spreading a deadly plague across the continent, killing hundreds of innocent people. Then again, was mercenary work really so different? One could say the same about Felix, and the Talon Company as a whole. Felix had fought and killed exactly 217 people throughout the course of his employment as a mercenary, and while this number was made up entirely of people who'd been cruel or dangerous enough to merit the hiring of the expensive services of Talon Company, did that truly make them evil? These were the questions that kept him up at night, and made him count and keep track of each and every kill he'd ever made.

Back on track, he needed to know how to find the Crusade. Someone powerful enough to make a plague like the one know devastating this region of Fiore wouldn't be able to move around without someone noticing. It was also unlikely that they'd be able to move through legal channels, which meant that the local criminal element had to have some idea. Felix had fought against a mage who created diseases once before. They were dangerous, to be sure. The raid on the plague-mage's headquarters had taken 20 men and women, and only seven had walked out, including Felix. That had been quite some time ago...Felix was stronger than that now. He could protect those who fought beside him, and he would. Still, the plague-mage he'd fought before had required all sorts of supplies and reagents for his magic, perhaps the Crusade had a similar limitation? He couldn't know for certain, of course, but it was a place to start.

• Bucket of Rainbows
River jumped off the train, feeling somewhat rejuvenated from her nap. She was somewhat unsure of what she was meant to be doing, but stood handy if anything was needed of her. She jumped up and down, unable to contain her overwhelming feels of excitement and happiness. A real mission! I'm going on a REAL MISSION!! River pulled herself together. Hmm a Plague. She wasn't really sure how one would defeat a plague. Guess I'll have to ask Phi about it. She finally concluded.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Xylar waited until all his comrades exited out of the train before following along. He wanted to make sure everything and everyone on the train got off safely, not wanting another incident where they lose someone and have to wait for them to come back to their station. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he cringed at the sudden sunlight that blinded his sight for a second before his eyes could adjust, pulling out a hand to cover the light. When the light wasn't overwhelming anymore, he noticed how beautiful and serene the town of Shirotsume was. He had never been to the mountain side before, so seeing pristine white cap the tops of the mountains with green dotting down the sides surprised him.

"Woah," He muttered under his breath, breathing in the fresh air. He glanced over to Cal, the rumored dragon slayer that knew how to control the shadows, look relieved to be off the train, but still a little pale. Despite being a valuable asset in battle, he knew she couldn't handle certain forms of transportation due to her magic. Something inside him nagged the man to help her, but he didn't quite know how. Shrugging, he joined some other people at the side of the train gathering their belongings. Some of his teammates were there - others, on the contrary, were holding little to none.

As he lugged his baggage out of the train, Xy noticed his full water bottle sitting in the little mesh holder of his backpack. Walking back to the team with his stuff in hand, the dark haired man held the water bottle in one hand and joined Cal's side. "You okay? Here, you look like you need some water." He showed her the plastic bottle and slightly smiled.

@Zeroisdead
[Hopefully, I didn't mess this post up, but let me know if I did and I'll change it immediately.]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Temperance had fallen asleep early on in the train ride by accident as the slight shaking of it had rocked her to sleep. Once the train came to a stop, she opened her eye, startled a bit and looked out the window to see they had reached their destination already. Standing up, the swordswoman stretched a bit and grabbed her stuff. She walked off the train and walked over to meet her team and heard the last little statement that Xylar said to the dragon slayer.

Looking over at the girl, she too noticed that the poor thing looked a little worse for ware. "Do you require rest or medicine?" She asked Cal, placing her hand on her shoulder lightly.

cooltext135728125644596.png
"Stop....Spinning..."
Phi grumbled to nobody as she exited the train on wobbly legs. 'Next time, I'm walking. Deadly plague or not.' She mentally resolved even as she felt like her stomach was still churning. At least the fresh air was helping, that and watching River jump around like she had WAY too much sugar. She giggled at the sight despite how she felt, River was just too cute. Placing her hand lightly on top the bluenette's head, she grinned at her. "Little excited are ya?" She teased.

Now that the world wasnt spinning quite so much Phi took a step back and pointed at the mask they were all wearing now. "Does this make me look fat?" She inquired playfully, her sapphire eyes bright. But after a moment the blonde went into serious mode, they were on a mission afterall, a dangerous one at that. Motioning for River to follow she went to where everyone was standing either at or around the luggage cart. "When everyone is ready I have the map Winter gave us. It has the location of a Wizard pub thats suppose to have information on The Crusade's whereabouts." She announced but not too loudly incase anyone might be eavesdropping. Pulling a rolled up paper from her backpack she unfolded it for everyone to see. It was a map of Logres, and toward the middle left was a building called the "The Tipsy Wand" that was circled.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Cal took the bottle from Xyler and took a quick sip before handing it back to him, "Thank you Xylar." She then glanced over to Temperance, "That won't be necessary, I'll be fine in a few minutes, but thanks anyways." She replied with a light smile before grabbing her bag and taking a seat on a nearby bench to let her stomach settle down. She hadn't ever gotten that sick before, but she could not let her motion sickness get in the way of them completing the mission. "So, does anyone know what's first on the agenda?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
cooltext135599267653341.png
The hybrid had dozed off shortly after Cal's response to his comment. This wouldnt be a big deal with normal people. But Zarek slept like the dead. So even when the train stopped and everyone started to depart. The maroon haired boy was snoring away with his face half planted against the window. That was until a certain Ice/Crystal Wizard kicked his shin. "Wha-Who-What??" Zar jolted up, still groggy from his sleep only to see Nero staring down at him with a less than pleased look. "We're here." He stated before going on his way. Shaking his head to wake himself up Zarek quickly got up and followed after his comrade.

"Sorry bout that Nero." He apologized to the grey haired Wizard as he stretched his cramped muscles. He was glad to be off that train, he hated staying still for so long. 'Oh crap!' He almost forgot about his mask. Grabbing it from his jacket pocket he strapped it on. A slight grimace was hidden beneath the fabric. 'This is gonna be a long mission...' Suffice to say, Zarek didnt like the new accessory. Jogging over to where the rest of his team was he made sure they were all there before speaking up. "When your all ready we'll head to the Shrine a couple miles west of here. The Master got a tip from one of her old contacts that theres been some odd activity there that might be related to The Crusade." He explained bluntly.​

Reactions: Ellery
Temperance looked up when she heard Zarek speak once he had departed from the train. It seemed only logical that he would take charge of the mission and she would not stop him from doing so. Thinking on his words a bit, there could be a possibility of a connection to the strange happenings at the shrine that could connect to the Crusade but... maybe it would also be good to ask around. The sword user looked around at the others to see what they think about Zarek's idea before she voiced her opinion on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Normally, River would have been slightly annoyed at Phi for patting her. It was rather patronising! The more cynical voice in her head told her, but it was nice to feel something similar in this unfamiliar land, even if it was somewhat infuriating, it made River feel better. River was once an orphan, never leaving Central Fiore, wandering the streets was all she could do. Never daring to stray to far away places, like say, East Fiore. She was still excited to be on a mission, but after strapping on a breathing mask and hearing the serious tone in Phoenix's voice, it started to look more scary than fun. Pull yourself together! She mentally chastised herself. Taking a deep breath, she tried to focus on what Phoenix was saying. A tipsy wand? Sounded like a pub. A small grin spread across River's face. Investigating a pub? Now THAT sounds like fun! She ignored the fact that she was still quite young and probably would not be served, or perhaps even the pub would not be running because of the plague, but she'd have to cross that bridge when she came to it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"So, team one. It appears we've arrived at our destination," he said, his voice muffled slightly by the gas mask. "So, does this mean you're leading this team, Phoenix?" He asked, "It's probably for the best, you're the one who's been in the guild longest, if I remember right. He commented, heaving the groups luggage so that he could hold it on his back. Felix did have some experience leading groups, but they were strike teams, meant to get in and quickly eliminate a target, not anything like this. Besides, he didn't think he was ready to do that again. "A pub? Great, I love pubs. The people of this country are so violent when drunk, it makes for quite the sport. Nothing quite like a great tavern brawl to get the blood pumping," he said, clanging the gauntlets on his fists together. After all, he was a true warrior, and there was no opponent who he feared, no setting or time in which he was afraid of battle.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.