Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Sci-fi, Fantasy, Horror, Thriller, Modern, Fandoms
[dash]The Kingdom of Fiore. A Neutral country of 17 million people.

BuWlMrc.jpg

It is a world of Magic. Magic is bought and sold there every day. And there are those who use magic as their occupation. Those people are referred to as wizards.

The wizards belong to various guilds, and perform jobs on commission.
There are a large number of guilds within the country, and in a certain city there lies a certain guild.

This guild is still young and unknown to most, but as it overlooks over the sea and city, it waits for members to join and help shape its future.

And it's name is :

Fairy Tail![/dash]​

Hello! And welcome to a Fairy Tail AU: Open Haven interest check!

For everyone who has read the manga, watched the anime or just know the lore because you looked it up, an explanation on how the roleplay will be different from the canon will be provided a bit further below! As first, I wish to ensure everyone gets a chance to delve into this world filled with so much to explore! So without further ado, here are the base details of the world of Fairy Tail!

• The world is a vast one, filled with different kingdoms and empires! There is much to explore in this world called Earthland.

The known land, which can be seen in the map linked before, is one of two known continents, known as Ishgar, and the one our story will be taking place at, at least at the beginning. Even if the overall continent size and shape are known, mysteries can be found in many different places, as the history of the Ishgar knows no bound

Within Ishgar lay 14 Kingdoms. The youngest among the kingdoms is the one known as the Kingdom of Fiore, which is where our story will begin and where the guild called Fairy Tail will be found. The Kingdom, much like the guild, has not yet made a strong name for it, and thus encourages every type of legal guild out there to help make the name of the Kingdom stronger, better and show the world what its people are made of.
  • As noted in the above introduction bit, our story will be focusing on Mages and Magic they use as part of their profession.

Magic exists in the world as a part of the every day life. Turning on stoves and fireplaces is one example for use of magic, while keeping light in the houses and streets is another. There are many ways in which magic helps benefit the every day life of the average citizens.

But that is not how the Mages use it. They utilize magic on a different level and in a different manner. They use magic that exists within their bodies to perform incredible feats, which vary between the Mages. While each Mage normally finds their expertise in a single type of Magic, the amount of possible Magic types that people can find is extremely vast, with some people claiming it is practically infinite.

There are, however, types of magic that are considered Taboo or that have been banned on a national scale. Those Magics are considered Black Magics, and often involved Death, mass destruction, or creation of hellish creatures, being Demons.
  • Guilds are the places people go to find a common ground with others. There are merchant guilds for those who wish to work together on matters involving one type or another of trade, there are treasure hunter guilds for those who seek to loot the dead and steal every treasure they can find.

And then there are Mage guilds. The people within these guilds are ones who are known as Mages, being capable of utilizing the magic power that exists within them to perform incredible feats. Through the guilds, the Mages will go helping in different jobs that are suitable for Mages, while having the Guild as a place to return to and spend time with others in between jobs.

Each guild has to be legalized and follow a set of rules which is dictated by a high council that overlooks the Mage guilds within all of the continent of Ishgar. The guilds who elect not to follow the rules of the High Council end up being declared as an Illegal Guild, or Dark Guild as another name. Those are the guilds which will be willing to take any sort of job, including murders, kidnapping, and other nasty jobs that the legal Mage guilds would not and could not take.

And finally, we are done with the basic introduction! Now, we can move on to the real deal.

Fairy Tail.

In the roleplay, the guild will be a very young guild, only two years old. The guild has barely begun making a name for itself, but among the High Council and the surrounding Mage guilds, it is already considered an oddity due to its background and open door policy.

But now, it is time to properly showcase what differences exist between the Canon and this AU (This part is more for the Fans of the show, but it can show further details about the world too).

• Dragons still exist in present time. They were never eradicated by a single Dragon Slayer, and they held many wars across the year, among themselves and against Humans too.

• Zeref never existed. There was no single Immortal Dark Mage that alone brought inspiration to so many evil deeds being performed as time passed or that was the reason behind so much that occurred. There are other historical figures which have been named Evil and used Dark Magic, but Zeref is not one.

• All of Slayer Magic, Lost Magic and Black are considered high taboo within the Magic community of Ishgar, but only Black Magic will get people arrested. The other two are feared due to the devastating side effects those Magics can have.

• Mage Guilds are not generally accepting of people into their guilds with open arms. They often do tests of strength before allowing people to join, as they always feel they should be ready for whenever the next Dragon War may begin.

• Among the different countries in Ishgar, Fiore had the most trouble developing into a proper kingdom due to the large population of Dragons within it. Only in the past 100 years they were able to prosper due to the third Dragon War leading the majority of the Dragons away from Fiore and into the countries called Seven and Erg. There are still numerous Dragons that reside within Fiore, but those that have stayed choose to live peacefully alongside the humans.

• Throughout history, there were three Dragon Wars. Two of them were held among Dragons solely, and one that was held between Dragons that worked alongside Humans, developing the Dragon Slayer Magic, and Dragons who opposed, thinking they deserve the world. The Dragon Slayer Magic, however, was discovered to be imperfect, and people suffered from Dragonification, the process of slowly turning into Dragons. Those were killed and the Magic has been deemed taboo ever since.

• The Guild of Fairy Tail has not existed for almost 100 years, and it was not formed by Mavis Vermillion, Yuri Dreyar, Warrod Sequen and Precht Gaebolg. The formation of the guild has been performed by a pair of people, who will be introduced as soon as the IC opens up. What is known is that prior to Fairy Tail, Magnolia was home to a Dark Guild, though no one was certain where it was. When Fairy Tail formed, a street within Magnolia had all of its houses destroyed, which revealed a huge cellar, with the Dark Guild members and Master all laying in the rubble.

With the major differences covered, I shall go ahead and approach the more formal topics.
  • I intend for the roleplay to start as a small one, consisting of 5-6 people not including myself.
  • I won't be reserving spots. It will be first accepted, first in.
  • You won't have to work together, but it will be recommended to do so. Even within Guilds, forming teams with others can make Jobs easier.
  • The Job system will be formed during the first Arc of the story. At the beginning, I will provide information of possible jobs, but as time passes, others will be able to form jobs as well, thus allowing everyone to work together on stories one way or another.

Now, I think that covers just about everything I feel that should've been covered! If anyone has any questions regarding Fairy Tail as they are unfamiliar with it, feel free to ask! I am here to help everyone who wants to join and will want to show interest!

♫ Shoo Ba do bap! Dragons Still live in the year X784! ♪
♪ Shoo ba do bap! Mavis, Warrod, Precht and Yuri never formed Fairy Tail! ♫
♫ Shoo be doo bo! The Name Zeref means nothing in this world! ♪
♪ Shoo be doo be! I wonder if Gajeel would approve of my song skills! ♫

Last edited:
Interested! Would like Gajeel if possible

Last edited:
Reactions: Nim
I'm interested but have a few questions.
Is this all oc's or canon?
If OC's can we create a new dragon slayer character?

I'm interested but have a few questions.
Is this all oc's or canon?
If OC's can we create a new dragon slayer character?

This is all OC's. The canon characters do not exist in this alternate universe roleplay.

As for a Dragon Slayer, I dont intend on allowing one for the beginning, but rather at a slightly later part.

So no canon all OC's and no dragon slayers. Check. Still interested

This seems fun. How do you feel about original magic or do you want us to use canon magic instead?

This seems fun. How do you feel about original magic or do you want us to use canon magic instead?

I'm very much approving of original magic!

You might even say I'm wanting very much to encourage original magic :D

still interested. Didn't see the part about it being OC but that's not a problem. lol

still interested. Didn't see the part about it being OC but that's not a problem. lol
Glad to hear :D

hey, i'm interested!
Awesome!

I'm gonna let people have a bit more chance to show interest, until the end of the weekend, and then open up the OOC on Monday.

Interested~ Are there rankings and such ie S ranks, and if so are there limits to how many?

Interested~ Are there rankings and such ie S ranks, and if so are there limits to how many?

There will be rankings, yes, and at the OOC I'll have a proper chart of it.

At the time being I can say I'll only be accepting one S rank at the beginning, but I will highly recommend going for a lower rank.

I see, how many characters are we allowed?

I'd say for the beginning, there will be a limit of up to 3 characters per member in the roleplay. As we move along, this will most likely change.

I'd say for the beginning, there will be a limit of up to 3 characters per member in the roleplay. As we move along, this will most likely change.

3 per person? That seems like A lot. Is there a risk of our characters getting killed?

3 per person? That seems like A lot. Is there a risk of our characters getting killed?

Not really, unless you plan on putting your character in dangerous situations. And I gave 3 because I know some people enjoy going for multiple characters directly from the start, but I don't want them to have too many.

And I meant 3 that you control at the same time, not 3 overall. I have no intention of kicking people out just because their character/s died.

Reactions: Kurogane86
Not really, unless you plan on putting your character in dangerous situations. And I gave 3 because I know some people enjoy going for multiple characters directly from the start, but I don't want them to have too many.

And I meant 3 that you control at the same time, not 3 overall. I have no intention of kicking people out just because their character/s died.

Sounds right. I usually start out with one character then if the to gets good I'll add another

I'm about halfway done with the OOC, so it should be up by the end of Monday. In the meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas they want to get approved prior to the OOC being up, just to be ready, then you can feel free to throw me a PM! I am gonna rest now but I will respond as soon as I see any messages!