Fairy Tail AU: Open Haven IC

Ken Tanaka
Celestial & Sandstorm mage
Fairy Tail Mage
84ad5129f77ddd2b3132231ec48badeb.jpg
Ken didn't hear either of the two as they made bets on whether or not he'll be the one cause the most chaos/lose a portion of his pay. For by this point he was heading off to go do his own investigation. Alas, before he could completely leave, Viera call out to him. Upon hearing her voice, he stopped in his tracks. Turning to face her, he listened to what she was suggesting. Not giving her a response right off the bat he stood there and debated about the idea in his head a bit. Glancing at what he had in his hands he soon enough shrugged. "Since you brought it up, I guess I can dump my clothes in the room~ Besides, the last thing I want to do is injure some hungry muggers who made a pass at the wrong person" Snickering once more to himself, he went ahead and followed Viera to the hotel.

Once he got there he stood off to the side and just looked around the lobby for the most part rather than engage in Pompey's and Viera's conversation. When the two were at the counter, it was at this time Ken chose to join them. Walking over he gave a nod to the worker before speaking. "Along with that, I have a question. Do you know anyone I can talk to today, that had an encounter with the creature that has been an nescience to this town? If not, do you know the best place for me...…..us...to locate someone that could have seen it?" He asked in an even tone, there was no sarcasm in his tone, though there was the ever so slight hint of annoyance when he used the word us. Be it because he almost forgot to say it, or because he felt the others were baggage to him was anyone's guess. However, for the time being, that cocky, playful attitude seemed to be currently suppressed as he tried to get the information he felt was important to the job.
@Nim @PurpleSnowDrop @Cush Almighty

#9933FF

xx8ckfg-png.162549

Daniel James "DJ" Greenwood
Location in front of the hotel
[IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/18/18379.jpg?1536478652[/IMG] PurpleSnowDrop [IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/21/21858.jpg?1537760104[/IMG] SolemnOath [IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/13/13898.jpg?1431984665[/IMG] Nim
[IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/18/18836.jpg?1536609127[/IMG] Cush Almighty

DJ spoke with the fisherman and his son for a while as they sdpoke about the details. DJ finally summed everything up. "So, in exchange for taking myself and my companions around to where the monster had been sighted I'll not only strengthen your boat but your fishing equipment as well." He held out his hand. The old fisherman pondered the deal. "And you'll keep my son safe, no matter what." DJ nodded. "Of course." The old fisherman sighed and shook DJ's hand.

DJ smiled and bid the fisherman and his son good bye. They had planned to enhance the boat and his gear later that evening when he had a chance to rest. DJ left the port and made his way back to the inn. He had taken his time, thinking the girls needed as much time as possible to bury the hatchet. He couldn't help but think of his past where this exact scenario cost him a teammate.

DJ made his way into the Inn and asked where his companions were. He was directed to the front counter where his comrades were talking to a worker. "Hey, you guys didn't get that far." He joked. "Well I got us a ride."

Viera9.png
Viera Delmonte

Viera was glad that Pompey didn't really wish to talk about the train and was willing to leave it all behind if she was, one less thing to worry about it seems. While she knew the older woman wanted to leave it behind, Viera was still going to apologize, even though Pompey didn't want it. If she didn't that would leave her feeling guilty every time she spoke to the fire-user. No relationship should be built on guilt or unequal footing, it should be a blank slate, and if she didn't explain herself, well...

"I highly doubt you're fat Pompey, I don't hear you gasping for breath or smell you sweating profusely after our walk from the station, so I think you are all good. Plus there is nothing wrong with liking to eat food, as long as you don't eat like a pig sending food flying in like 8 different directions, it's not an issue to me." Viera gave her a big smile to let her know she was joking around for the most part before continuing. "I know you don't need an apology, but you still deserve one, I acted out of turn and took my anger out on you, which is extremely unacceptable. I agree that we should leave the fight on the train and not let it affect us, however, I don't want to start a friendship with you leaving this issue to hover over us. It isn't fair to either of us and if we talk about it, I think that we can be better friends in the long run."

Unfortunately, Pompey had walked into the hotel at that point, so most of her speech was said to a wall outside the hotel. The only reason she found out she was alone was the whispers coming from random people on the street. Feeling her cheeks warm up, Viera quickly coughed and followed the scent of both Ken and Pompey into the hotel. The scent of Lemon Pie was more noticeable it seemed once she stepped inside, she didn't think it was possible, but it was. She heard both Ken and Pompey at what she could only assume was the check-in counter.

Viera couldn't help but inwardly groan at the fact that both her teammates had next to zero people skills. It seems that her most useful skill on this mission wouldn't be her magic, it would be her customer service ability and people skills. Who would have thought that those years working as the barkeep at Slyph Labyrinth would come in handy with virtually anyone?

Viera quickly walked up to the counter and sighed hoping that the owner or employee wouldn't throw them out of the hotel before the job even started. "Sorry about this it's been a long train ride and my teammates aren't the best at communicating in a civil manner." Viera elbowed Pompey and gave her a raised eyebrow and hoped that she got the "behave" in her demeanour. However, a giggle escaped her ruining what she was going for. "I'm Viera Delmonte, as my friend here has already shouted, we are from Fairy Tail. I believe the Mayor has set aside two rooms for us for the duration of our mission." She made sure to give the employee a friendly smile before turning back to her teammates.

Before she could speak however DJ appeared out of nowhere causing Viera to flinch and let out a little gasp as well as instinctively whip a ball made of water at his face. The mage had only been gone for maybe 5 minutes and reappeared out of thin air. He claimed to have gotten a hold of a ride for them, a task that should have taken him much longer than what it had. Did he only talk to one person, could he teleport or something, Viera had no idea what was going on, and her heart was racing. "Don't just sneak up on me like that, I'm blind remember, give a little warning next time." Viera glared at her teammate. "How did you get a ride so fast, you've only been gone like 2 minutes, can you like teleport or something, like what the hell?" Shaking her head and getting her heartbeat under control she took a deep breath before speaking again. "Sorry... about the- water thing. Give a girl a little warning next time."

Viera raised her hands to her face and sighed in frustration. This was just going great, first she snaps at Pompey, then she attacks DJ, her own teammate, sure the water ball shouldn't have hurt him, but still. With how things were going so far Viera would probably kill Ken in some kind of freak accident knowing her luck. After this mission, she was going to do a few missions by herself so that stuff like this wouldn't happen ever again.

@Cush Almighty
@SolemnOath
@Kurogane86
@Nim

#4DFFFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Hotel Golden Herring, Hargeon
May, who was standing by the counter of the hotel and looked a bit bored, noticed outside the hotel's glass doors the Mayor and a small group of people that accompanied him. It was an odd sight, considering how busy Mayor Depsei always was, and especially the past two weeks since the port had come to a near halt in activities due to the shadow creature that was apparently there. Things had certainly become much, much slower for her as well, as not many people came to visit and stay at a port town that couldn't offer activities that involved its main attraction, being the port.

When the Mayor pointed to the hotel, and seemingly to May herself, the young woman realized who those group must've been. They were probably the guild members the Mayor told her would be staying in the hotel, at the expense of the town. When the Mayor left and the group appeared to be talking among themselves, May quickly made sure she looked alright in a small mirror, which she quickly let slip out of her grasp as soon as the first member of the group came indoors, being one of the two ladies of the group. Before she could even speak up, the woman gave her a very loud greeting, one she didn't feel was too needed considering there was no one else in the way, and then introduced herself and the rest of the group, although the rest didn't seem to immediately follow.

A second member, the other girl, came inside and walked up to other woman, and shortly after the third guy came, and while May thought he was a bit of a cutie, it seemed he was very much straight to the point, which disappointed her a bit. And yet again, before she could speak up, the younger of the two Fairy Tail girls spoke up, apologizing and saying once more what the older woman had said before. And then the person who appeared to be the last member of their guild came and joked around a bit before informing the rest he secured them a ride. There was only one nearby place she could think was close enough for him to secure a boat ride this quickly.

"Alright, one thing at a time, as you lot are going through questions, statements and topics faster than a travelling wind spell can go while riding a strong current. I'm May. I don't own the hotel, but I do run it for the guy who owns it. If you ever get any questions, I'm your go to girl. Now," She turned her look towards Viera and Pompei "Yes, I was aware two rooms have been reserved for you. I will need two of you to sign first before I hand over the keys, as it is a standard for all guests that stay here, regardless of who is paying for the room." She said, and pushed towards them a pen and a guests registry notebook, with the last entry being marked as 'cancelled', and if anyone took a more proper glance, it would be clear the hotel only had one other guest currently staying.

Turning her gaze to the first guy who arrived, mister cutie, May looked over him as she begun speaking "Well, if you go the main port, there are plenty of people that could let you know of where the creatures shadow have been spotted. One of the locals have been making a tracking journal from what I heard, so you could go ask him. Goes by Stale Dale. He isn't exactly straight in his mind when it comes to most things, but this creature really caught his attention. You could find him either screaming at the boats at the main port, most likely. He sleeps right there too. Poor fellow, I offered him a shelter many times, but he always said he was trying to drive away all the worst of fishermen." As May finished speaking, she offered him a flirtatious wink.

Finally, May looked at the last guy to arrive, the one who stated he secured a boat ride "Must be speaking about the Three Brothers boat. They didn't seem eager at all to go out since the creature came. I know the eldest's kid was disappointed. That pier is the closest one to here, and it is privately owned by them too. Three brothers, two being fishermen that always try and find the biggest of catches, and one who always went out because of the feeling. I always preferred the eldest due to that." She said with a smile, but then gave him a more stern look "If I hear you caused him trouble of any kind, you will be dealing with more than just him, understood?" She told him, but didn't wait to actually hear a response as she turned her sight back to the two girls and tapped on the guest notebook, while bringing up onto the counter a couple of keys that had written B12 and B13 and waited to see the signatures before handing the keys over.

@SolemnOath
@PurpleSnowDrop
@Cush Almighty
@Kurogane86

pompom-small-jpg.162547

Pompey Glashion​

Ken and Dj both joined Viera and Pompey at the hotel after she loudly introduced herself and guildmates. ken's mind was still focused on the job and before even saying 'hello', he was asking about the sea monster and who'd encountered it. It seemed that Viera wasn't to please with the way her teammates were behaving, not civilly as she would put it. She even gave Pompey an elbow and eyebrow raise. It was a cue for her to behave herself. It was ironic, the child telling that to an adult. Viera probably had the superior people skills.

Dj had appeared behind Viera when she was speaking and which frightened her and was greeted with a water ball to the face. While covered in water, Dj mentioned he had acquired a boat for them to use for this mission. "Viera...now that was uncalled for, funny, but uncalled for." Pompey did notice how quick Dj had completed his objective. Luck and swift feet. "Good work DJ." She complimented him while still smirking at the fact he'd been drenched by Viera. "You've seemed to have worked up quite a sweat."

With that out the way, May finally was able to introduce herself and answer some questions they group had posed to her. She was aware of the rooms that had been set up for them and only needed them to sign in. She pushed a notebook towards them and waited for it to be signed. Pompey glanced at the notebook and noticed only one other person was staying here. "Business not going so well I see May." She grabbed the pen and twirled it in her fingers with whimsy before going to sign her name in the notebook. She made an attempt to be cute while signing by adding a smiley face at the end of her name. "Well fix that in a day or two, maybe three at the most. Depends how good the food is." She said jokingly.

As she signed, she listens to May answer Ken's questions. She mentioned someone who had been keeping an eye on the monster, a man named Stale Dale, someone not so right in the mind be her description. She seemed rather happy when speaking to Ken, even going to far as giving him a little wink. She giggled to herself and wouldn't say anything about that until later where she'll probably tease him for fun. The people Dj had got to agree to help were from Three Brothers. They were close to the hotel and explained how Dj was able to move so quickly. May made sure to drop her smile and warned Dj with a stern look to not make trouble for the three boys. "Of course. Dj is our least likely troublemaker, I assure you. It's more likely that this hotel will burn to the ground than Dj make trouble for anyone. " Pompey said defending Dj from such a misplaced assumption. "Not that I'd wish for that to happen."

Pompey than patiently waited for the group to finish up their business in the lobby. She wanted to run off into the dining area and start eating, but she needed to get situated first. Then she had an idea, a gentleman was in her presence. "Dj! How about when we're finished here, you drop my stuff in my room. I'd greatly appreciate it." She said with a smile while she pushed her bag into his chest.

@Nim @PurpleSnowDrop @SolemnOath @Kurogane86

Ken Tanaka
Fairy Tail Mage

Ken stood off to the side a bit as he let the girl have a moment to breathe, as he was fully aware she was being bombarded with questions and all the like within mere minutes of the group having entered. Standing there with his arms crossed as he leaned most of his weight on his right leg, his eyes drifted off and he once more started to just casually observe the interior of this place while he listened. Upon the mention of them having to sign in, his eyes went to the board, and he made zero movement to sign the sheet. Rather his body went slightly tense as he seemed to be in thought of whether or not he should sign it, or let one of the others do it.

As he was having this debate in his head, his eyes went to the girl once more as she was now addressing him and his question. "Stale Dale?" He mumbled before giving a nod showing he heard and was listening to what she was saying. When the girl gave him a wink, Ken raised a brow at this before softly chuckling. "Cute~" He mused in a playful tone, not showing any disgust or distaste toward the wink. Honestly he found it rather amusing and well...…….new. After all, for almost the entirety of his pervious guild life, no one other than the guildmaster had seen his face. None of the clients, nor higher up members. He honestly...never got completed on his appearance, other than whatever his mother told him, and well...that doesn't count. So, it was odd seeing someone openly flirt with him, it certainly wasn't a bad feeling either.

Once she finished addressing his question, it was time to move onto DJ. However, it was at this point Ken noticed that DJ was...well...soaked. "...Did....did you fall into the harbor???" He asked in confusion, having been paying attention to May that he utterly ignored DJ's and Veira's interaction. It wasn't until Pompey said something did Ken let a snicker leave his lips. "Haha, shame I missed that~ I don't think it was uncalled for~You really shouldn't sneak up on a mage, that's just asking to get attacked honestly~" He hummed as he rolled his head a bit and his shoulder.

"I'm going to be checking out this Stale Dale, and see if he can be of any use to m-us."
Ken stated before going to DJ and dropping the three lunch boxes as well as his rather light sack of spare clothes at the other feet. "If you wouldn't mind putting that in our room, I'd greatly appreciate it~" He mused before turning on his heel. "Vieira, I'll wait two minutes outside before heading to the harbor to do my own investigation. Let's try not and splash anymore people unless they really had it coming~" With a soft laughing leaving his lips, he adjusted his coat and with that headed for the door. Not signing his name, and rather choosing to leave it to the other for the time being. After all, while he may be a legit guild member...he still didn't feel comfortable placing his real name on any sheet of paper if it could at all be helped.
@PurpleSnowDrop @Nim @Cush Almighty @Kurogane86

xx8ckfg-png.162549

Location in the hotel
[IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/18/18379.jpg?1536478652[/IMG] PurpleSnowDrop [IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/21/21858.jpg?1537760104[/IMG] SolemnOath [IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/13/13898.jpg?1431984665[/IMG] Nim
[IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/18/18836.jpg?1538880017[/IMG] Cush Almighty

Dj was suddenly soaking wet after greeting his team. He turned his head and spit out a mouth full of water. "Sorry, Vierra. Ill be careful next time." He said as he wiped the water from this face. She mentioned how it was a quick trip. He thought how many no's he got from fishermen in a short time. He just smiled and responded. "Ha, i guess i just got lucky and found the right person for the job. That being said i have to use my magic to reinforce his boat and gear but other than that negotiations went smoothly. Oh thats right were responsible for any damage we cause so." He looked at pompei "we should probably be careful."

As soon as He mentioned a ride May the employee at the Inn spoke up. "Yeah, that must be him. He was a little cautious but his son helped me convince him." She then said theyd better not cause him trouble or else. DJ smiled and shook his head, "we wouldnt dream about causing them any problems. We're Fairytail afterall." He said flashing her a comforting smile. Thats when Pompei chimed in assuring May that DJ was a stand up Wizard. "Ha, um ok thats enough assuring her Pompei. Lets finish this up so we can leave miss May alone."

The third missing wizard showed up and asked if DJ fell into the the water. "Ha, no i surprised Vierra and." Be motiined to his soaked clothes. "Seems we both got surprised." He nodded in agreement at Kens statement. "True, ive been on the receiving end of that a few times." Ken and Pompeii handed their gear to DJ to put in the room. "Oh, yeah ok. I was gonna change anyway." He looked at Bierra. "Woyld you like me to drop off your luggage aswell?"

Viera9.png
Viera Delmonte

Viera felt like banging her head against a wall the longer her teammates teased both her and DJ. The idea of her being a professional was slowly dying a most painful death in the most excruciating way possible. The master was probably going to get angry with her and not let her go on any missions outside of Magnolia ever again. Viera was extremely thankful that DJ didn't seem to mind all that much that she attacked him, but it didn't excuse her behaviour.

The inn worker, May, didn't seem to care all that much about the attack, another thing to be thankful about, but she supposed that was because she needed the business and couldn't afford to be too picky. She listened to the others while Pompey wrote her name in the sign-in book, noting the fact there was only one other person in their hotel. Viera couldn't help but look at Ken in confusion when he started to chuckle after May finished answering. This was very confusing for Viera as she couldn't see how May's information could be interpreted as "cute". Must be a regular people problem, something that didn't concern her.

She was grateful that DJ had found them so quickly, but she couldn't help but be concerned over how much of his magic he was going to have to use just to convince these people to help them. "Will using your magic to such an extent be ok with you? I'm not complaining, but I don't want you to overextend yourself too much." She placed her hand on DJ's arm and gave him a smile that faded once she realized how soaked he was. "Sorry again about soaking you, I'd use my magic to help you, but I think I'd only leave you even wetter than before. I'll learn how to call my water back to me one day." Viera remembered that Pompey was a fire mage and could dry him off instantly. "Maybe Pompey could dry you off that way you aren't tracking water through the hotel."

When Ken mentioned how she would only have two minutes to get ready before he left she nodded. However, Viera's face heated up once he mentioned not splashing people. It wasn't her fault her default setting was to fight, and not run away, and she certainly didn't need grumpy pants teasing her. Viera stuck out her tongue at his retreating back and started to mutter under her breath "Jerk."

Now that she was under a time limit, no thanks to the king of grumpy-ville, Viera needed to get access to their rooms and to get that they needed to sign the books. A task that unfortunately, she couldn't do, and since Ken left, meant that only DJ could. She couldn't help but feel like an even bigger jerk when he offered to take her bags to her room. DJ deserved better than to be the pack mule of the group, and she sure as hell wasn't going to take advantage of him. "I'm good DJ, thanks for the offer."

Picking up the pen she held it out to DJ. "How about I trade you this pen for Pompey's stuff, I'll bring it to our room that way you aren't hauling everybody's stuff." She gave him a smile and hoped that he wouldn't be holding all of this against her.

@Nim
@Cush Almighty
@SolemnOath
@Kurogane86

#4DFFFF

Reactions: Kurogane86
Hearing Pompey's remark about the business made May look down towards her hands, as she made a single nod. She seemed to feel very down from the lack of people. When Pompey mentioned they will fix it, then she looked back to the woman, offering a smile of gratitude. The following remark about the hotel being more likely to burn down than DJ causing a mess made her feel a bit more reassured. She did care quite a bit for that old man and his kid.

The cute guy afterwards told the younger of the girls that he'll be waiting outside for a couple of minutes before heading off to meet Stale Dale. As he turned, May called out to him "Don't be a stranger!" and watched as he stepped outside. Turning to look at DJ, who talked about the old man and his son, explaining how the son helped convince him, made her raise an eyebrow "You must've made quite the impression then. Then again, his son loves the sea as much as his father. He probably hates seeing his dad stick to the land and be grounded because of something like this." She said, understanding to the kid's heart.

Finally, she turned to Viera, and only now May seemed to notice something was not entirely right with her. But, seeing as they were still customers, and ones that came to help the town made her decided to not delve too deep into what was wrong, and if they decided to tell her, then so be it. In the meanwhile, she just waited to receive a second signature, while she placed down the first key on the counter, in front of Viera, with the key making a bit of noise as it was placed on the wooden surface.

-------------------------------------------------------------------​

Outside of the hotel, three people were walking towards the deeper part of Hargeon, talking rather loudly among themselves as they did "So, those guys claim the shadow attacked them and ate their boat? Impossible. That shadow is nothing. Some kind of scam that is meant to harm Hargeon." One of them said.

"Nah man! They are serious! It wasn't a direct attack, but like, a huge wave caused by the creature! It sent their boat straight into a cliff, and now two of them need at least a couple of months of recovery, and the captain of the boat claims he was even possessed! I'm telling ya, it aint no hoax! Just ask the Captain when we get to the bar!" a second guy said, with the third one seemingly nodding in excitement.

"I'll ask, but only to win that bet of ours that this whole thing is nothing more than a big pile of dragon manure." The first guy said, as the trio kept walking, clearly not heading towards the Port.

@SolemnOath
@PurpleSnowDrop
@Cush Almighty
@Kurogane86

pompom-small-jpg.162547

Pompey Glashion

"Yes, we can't have you running around this humble abode as if you just came from a swim." With a snap of Pompey's fingers, DJ was surrounded in a cage of fire for about 2 minutes. The heat was controlled to the best of her ability and focused on Dj's clothes. "Hope I ain't burn ya." She said before turning around and walking into the dining room. "So I'm going to feel my belly up and then get to work." She could smell the food in the other room, a smile on her face. As she entered the dining room, she poked her head out to say one more thing. "Don't leave me alone alright? Don't give a hoot who I partner up with, except grumpy, he's an asshole." She told her teammate who hadn't made it to their rooms yet.

Pompey looked over the table of food, neatly set up with a decent spread laid out for them. The food looked amazing, though there was an unsurprising lack of poultry. They did have a generous helping of steamed potatoes, roasted chicken, and loaves of bread. She smiled at the spread. There was also soup and salad which was meant to serve as the side.

She grabbed her dish the from the stack of plates and began gathering the food on it. Her hummed as she made her plate while thinking about her next move. She just wanted to skip to the capturing or killing of the sea monster. She hoped it was big, maybe they could turn that into a meal for the entire town along with a festival. Pompey was ineffective underwater, but if the need arises, she'd go underwater to get a look at the creature. She wasn't scared of much, her days serving as a royal guard required her to be brave, fearless even. She was also confident her guildmates wouldn't let her parish. If that would happen, she'd return as a vengeful wraith to terrorize them.

Pompey took her seat and cut into her chicken with her knife. She tasted every herb and the juicy tender meat. She smiled as good food would only make her work even harder. "Oh my, such a fantastic taste. The others must join in on this. It's depressing I must enjoy this wonderful meal by my lonesome."

@Nim
@Kurogane86
@PurpleSnowDrop
@SolemnOath

xx8ckfg-png.162549

Location in the hotel
@SolemnOath @Nim @Cush Almighty @PurpleSnowDrop

Dj felt the apolgetic tone in Vierra's voice. He smiled "ill be fine. Ill change, get some food in me then i should be good to go for casting hardening magic on the boat. " he smiled reasuring everyone, he chuckled at her apology for not being able to call her water back and to have Pompei dry him off. "Im sure youll get there elemental magic is pretty tough to deal with im sure." Suddenly he was surrounded by a cage of fire. It was hot but it didnt burn. It dried him and his surroundings. He turned to thank Pompeii but she had already disappeared. "Ill thank her later." He swapped Pompei's bag for the pen and signed his name. "Thank you Vierra. While you guys go interviewing ill take Pompei with me to cast my magic on the boat." He said nodding at Pompei who had stuck her head back into the room.

As DJ was signing his name in the registry May started talking to him about how the boy of the fisherman helped convince his father. "Yeah, he seems to really love the water so hearing that were here to help must have gave him hope for going out on the water again." DJ finished signing his name. "Alright thanks May." He said as he grabbed the key and headed upstairs to their room. He placed Ken's stuff on his bed and quickly went back to where Pompei was.

He entered the dining room just in time to see Pompei enjoying the food. "Looks like i made it right on time" he said as he grabbed a plate a joined Pompei. He took a generous helping and sat next to pompei. "This looks good." He said as he took a big bite of his food. "Delicious" he said as he continued eating. He knew hed need as much energy as possible he was going to use alot of magic hardening the old mans boat and equipment.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
Viera4.png
Viera Delmonte

Viera tried to put aside her worry for DJ as he explained her plan, but she couldn't set aside the feeling in her gut. "Alright, just make sure you bring a snack or something along with you for after. Also make sure to take breaks if needed, don't push yourself to get it all done in one go, it wouldn't do any good if your out of commision before the job even began."Viera was going to say more, but Pompey agreed to dry off DJ and a blast of hot air hit her in the face. The heat disappeared a few minutes later and Pompey walked out of the room towards the dining room, but not before making a remark about Ken. "I wouldn't call him an asshole." she murmured under her breath.

Since nobody was screaming or crying out in agony, she could assume that everything was normal. Viera almost missed the gentle clink coming from May. She turned in the direction and assumed that she had just placed the key to one of the rooms in front of her. Viera gave the woman a small smile in gratitude before accepting Pompey's bag from DJ. She waited patiently for him to finish signing the book before she followed him upstairs.

It wasn't until she was up there that she realized her problem, she didn't know what room she was in as she never asked May or DJ. She went to ask him but he had already found his room leaving her to stand alone in the hallway. Instead of letting it get to her, Viera walked towards the closest door and tried the key only to discover that it didn't work. She repeated this a few times before she found the room and quickly entered the room. Hopefully, Ken was only joking about leaving her behind, but she wouldn't put it past him to leave her to play catch up.

Viera placed Pompey's bags on the bed closest to the door and her own on the bed by the window, hoping that Pompey wouldn't mind the setup and that they could resolve any issues later. Viera went to close the door when her stomach made another appearance with a loud growl. Maybe she should grab something to eat, but she was pushing her luck already and Ken would definitely leave her if she thought to eat anything. Maybe she could convince him to grab something to eat later.

Viera headed back down the stairs and heard both of her teammates eating already making her slightly envious as she went to rush by. Before she got to the door, however, she turned towards them and walked up to Pompey. "Hey, so, here is the room key, I don't know how long it's gonna take Ken and me, and I don't want to leave you stuck outside, so you should hold onto it." She gave her teammates a smile before turning to leave again. "I'll see you guys later." She waved over her shoulder before heading outside to find Ken.

@SolemnOath
@Nim
@Cush Almighty
@Kurogane86

#4DFFFF

Last edited by a moderator:
pompom-small-jpg.162547

Pompey Glashion
Pompey looked over at Dj and gave him a friendly smile as he joined her. It was always nice to eat with someone. No one liked being alone. "Eat your full DJ, after this, we're getting to work. I'm still shocked you talked someone into assisting us so quick. You must be a real charmer or in possession of a silver tounge." The next person to join them was Viera, unfortunately, she wouldn't be dining with them. She walked up Pompey and handed her their room key. "Appreciated love, I'll try not to lose it. " After that, Viera left with a smile in search of grumpy. Pompey than turned her attention back to her food and popped another piece of potato in her mouth.

"Not sure if you notice DJ, but there is another staying in this hotel with us. Don't know if he or she will be joining us for dinner, but I'm more surprised they'd come to this town at the worse possible time." She mentioned, wondering if Dj had noticed. "Doesn't matter, best mind my own business and focus on this job." Pompey looked Dj directly into his eyes. "So, any idea where to hit next? Should we go to that boat you mention or explore elsewhere?"

@Kurogane86
@PurpleSnowDrop
@Nim
@SolemnOath

As DJ started digging in Vierra showed up. She made sure to remind him to take food for later. Dj stopped mid bite. 'Did she notice how drained i was this morning? How would she? Dies she kbow im still not at 100%' all sorts of questions rushed through his head as he thought about it carefully. 'No, she couldnt have. Shes just being nice.' DJ looked at Vierra and responded. "Sure thing Vierra. Ill be cateful."

Suddenly a dark memory rushed through DJ's head. It was when he was younger an older wizard is talking to him about his limits. DJ yells at him and slaps his hand off his shoulder while yelling. " you dont need to worry about me. Im not a baby. I can handle myself i dont need you." DJ's hand shakes as images rush through his head. The same wizard is seen on the floor wounded horribly with a young DJ crying over him. "Im sorry, im sorry. Please dont die ill be careful from now on i swear ill be careful!" Next vision is of a funeral a picture of the old mage displayed while people mourn.

DJ snaps back a few moments later just as Pompei speaks. "Yeah i guess i do. But to be honest the kid pretty much came to me once i told people i was here to help." Vierra and pompei exchanged the key and as they did pompei mentioned another guest. "I'm sure the other guest will come down when theyre ready." He nodded when she said they should mind their business. "Yeah, id like to get that boat reinforced asap. Itll take a while and i want to recover a bit before we leave. Though i guess we didnt really talk about departure times. Maybe we should go tomorrow once Ken and everyone are together again." He looked at Vierra. "So Vierra most likely Ken left. Why not go with us?"

Ken Tanaka
Fairy Tail Mage
While the others did what they needed to while inside the hotel, Ken on the other hand was silently and rather patiently waiting for Viera outside. He merely leaned up against a wall in silence as his eyes surveyed the area with little to almost no interest. Honestly, he considered to taking a small nap or something, to make time rush by faster, however, before he could. His attention was snatched by a conversation a group of passing men were having about something that Ken noted seemed to pertain to his current mission. So with a light huff of annoyance, rather than rest his eyes, he choose to completely listen in on them, whether they wanted to be over heard or not (but judge from how loud they were speaking, he doubted they were trying to hide anything).

As the men were finishing thier conversation, Ken hummed to himself a bit as he debated if he should question them or not. While he didn't react right away, he soon enough came to a decision that it would be rather useful to him if he gathered as much information on this matter as he could. "Hey you three~!" He shouted out before elbowing himself off the wall only to make his way over to the three men in a quick pace, though doing what he could not to get too far from the hotel, as he did keep in mind he was suppose to meet Viera, even if she was on the late side. "I'm new to town and I couldn't help but over hear your conversation~ You were talking about the monster that has been causing this town a great deal of issues right?" He asked in a curious tone as he tilted his head to the side his hands in his pockets "Do you think you three could point to me or lead me to this bar you were talking about? I'm vastly interested in learning more about this captain that had a first hand experience with the beast that is causing such an annoyance here~"
@Nim @PurpleSnowDrop

#9933FF

As Pompei and DJ were talking among themselves and eating their dinner, the unknown guest appeared to have arrived for some dinner. Taking very little food, the large man went and sat down at a table in the opposite side of the room from where Pompei and DJ were sitting. He barely touched his food, and it was very apparent that he was actually waiting for someone rather than wanting to eat.

If anyone took a closer look at the man, they could find he has a guild mark on the back of his right hand, although it was unclear of which guild it belonged to. Another thing that could be spotted was how well padded the inner pockets of his jacket appeared to be.

A couple of minutes after the man in the dining room came down, another man came rushing into the hotel, passing by Viera with a hastened and nervous step, and sat down by the other man. The difference in their sizes was very evident, as the guest of the hotel was much larger than the new arrival, but the smaller man appeared to have quite a few scars across his arms. The two begin talking in whispers among each other, clearly not wanting to be disturbed by anyone else.

@PurpleSnowDrop
@Cush Almighty
@Kurogane86

In the streets of Hargeon
The three young men noticed Ken calling out to them, and looked among themselves, clearly wondering who in their right mind would just call out to some strangers like that. As he begin explaining his side of things, two of the younger man started walking away, clearly not interested in anything else. The third one, who was also the one who spoke so much of the event, motioned to Ken to walk with him.

"The bar isn't too far mate. Just walk with us. I know the captain is eager to tell as much as he can about the beast to everyone, considering it to be a warning for anyone who may desire to go out to sea now. It's more than enough to convince me personally, but I want to make sure everyone else hears it too. You don't know what kind of trouble the sea can hold, after all."

As the young man finished talking, he noticed his buddies were walking ahead of them a bit too far "Wait up! No need to rush ahead! knuckleheads." He suddenly called out to them. leaving the last part as more of a mutter to himself.

@SolemnOath