Fairy Tail, Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mnemosyne

Hello, everyone! I'm Mnemosyne, but you can call me Syne for short. I decided I should start this thread off with an introduction for anyone who clicked on this thread while thinking, "Did she really just spell fairy tale wrong?" The answer to that is no- there are no mistakes in the title of my thread, as I will explain in a moment. First, however, I'd like to ask a favor of you. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please give me until the end of the next paragraph before you decide this isn't for you, because things may not be as you expect.

Now, where was I? Oh yes, there are no mistakes in the title of my thread. Fairy Tail (or FT, as it will be abbreviated to from here on out) is the name of an anime/manga I follow, and would very much love to have an RP (or several) based on. But wait! Even if you know absolutely nothing about FT, this RP may still be for you! This is why I asked you to give me until the end of this paragraph before leaving. See, while I would love to RP with someone who knows FT cannon and everything, it's more the setting and general idea of FT that I love. And this means that no knowledge of FT is required to RP with me whatsoever! Farther down in my post, I will explain the general concept behind FT for anyone who has never seen it, so I will be providing all the knowledge you may need to know about it.

So, now that I've covered that, I figure I ought to tell you a little bit about myself:​
  • I tend to write a lot. My posts will probably be long. That being said, I try to match my partner's length. If you aren't comfortable with long posts and prefer a shorter back-and-forth style of RP, let me know and I will accommodate you.​
  • Because I am a female myself, I feel more comfortable writing as female characters. I can play males, though, if needed.​
  • This is less important in an FT RP, but I tend to have a lot of angst in my RPs. I'm not saying my posts will be all about drama and tragedy, just that some will be present. If you're looking for pure fluff, though, I'm probably not the right partner for you.​
  • Romance is great, but I can't do it as the main focus of the RP. There has to be some other plot to keep things moving along. Also, I only have experience writing mxf relationships, and this is the pairing I'm most comfortable with. If you have an interesting enough idea, though, I can be persuaded to dabble in a different pairing.​
  • I'm not very experienced at smut. I'm not against having it, but if we do have it, I may be a bit awkward at writing it.
  • I'm posting this as being open to anyone of any age. However, I am over the age of 18, so, as per Iwaku rules, I will not do an RP with any sexual content with anyone under the age 18.
So, now that we've gotten those basics out of the way, we can move on to the important part- content. Now, the rest of this post is divided into two different sections: Prospective Guild Members ( for those not yet part of FT) and S-Class Mages (for those who already know the ins and outs of FT). I highly recommended you only read the section that applies to you. You can, of course, read both if you really want to, but it would most likely be a waste of time. In fact, that's the reason I divided it into two sections- to avoid wasting your time. For anyone who knows about FT, there isn't anything in the Prospective Guild Members section that you don't already know. And for anyone who does not know FT, the S-Class Mages section contains information pertaining to cannon characters and events, which won't mean anything to you, since you don't know cannon.

So, you want to know if you've got what it takes to join Fairy Tail? Well, you've come to the right place. As you know, while we do have some technology, like trains and some guns, it pales in comparison to all the different uses magic has.

Of course, I'm sure you already know about this, since you are applying to a mage guild. How does the guild work? Well you see, when ordinary citizens have a problem that can best be solved with magic, they send us the information, along with offering a reward. These jobs are posted in the guild hall, and members pick the jobs they want to do and collect the reward once it is completed.

So what kind of magic do you have? Here at Fairy Tail our members have a lot of diverse kinds of magic. For example, most anyone involved in magic has heard of our 'Salamander,' Natsu, who uses a type of fire magic that works along with his physical fighting. Or Gray, who uses ice molding magic to create weapons to fight with. And who hasn't heard of our most powerful female mage, 'Titania' Erza, who uses requip magic to change between different weapons and armors that have a variety of magical abilities. We also have a promising new mage, Lucy, who uses a very interesting type of magic called Celestial Spirit magic, where she uses keys to summon embodiments of the constellations to aid her.

Don't worry, once you join Fairy Tail you'll get to meet all of them, and maybe even work alongside them. See, one of the most important things you need to know about our guild is that we are, above all else, a family. Sure, we have our squabbles here and there, but when it gets down to it, we will always be loyal to our guild, and fight for each other and for what believe in. So, you think you can handle that? Yes? Well in that case, friend, welcome to our family!

Ahem. Welcome, fellow FT aficionados. As I mentioned earlier, it is the spirit and world of FT that has led me to fall in love with the series. This means that I don't necessarily need cannon characters in my RPs. In fact, I love creating my own characters and events! Still, I'm definitely down for RPing about cannon. Although, as fair warning, I absolutely love Erza, so if we do go with cannon, I will probably call her (just saying...) And this is what this entire section is about- cannon. Here I'll share with you my feelings about different story arcs, and well as commonly shipped pairings. This way, if you want to do something based on cannon, you can look at the applicable arc or pairing to see if I will be up for it. And if you want to do cannon but don't have a specific idea, there are a few rough concepts I'm interested in trying in some of the arc descriptions, if you want to browse them and see if anything catches your interest. I've put each explanation in a spoiler so you only need look at the ones you're interested in. And also because, you know, I'll be discussing different arcs, which means there will be spoilers. So if you aren't up to date on the anime and/or manga, I highly recommend you only open the spoilers for arcs you've already completed. Please understand, these are my personal thoughts and feelings on these events or pairings, and they may not be the same as your opinions. I won't judge you for feeling differently than me, and I would appreciate if you could afford me the same courtesy. But anyway, before I get down to specifics, here are a few general notes:
  • Gender-Bending: For anyone who doesn't know what gender-bending is, it is essentially changing the gender of a specific character. For example, a gender-bent Natsu would be female, or trans-gender, or any gender other than male. The idea of gender-bending is relatively common to see when writing for fandoms. Personally, I don't particularly crave gender-bending RPs, but I'm not against them either, and I think they can be interesting if done right. So if you want to experiment with gender-bending, feel free to suggest it! However, I won't bring the idea up myself, unless you do first.
  • Next Gen: Just to be clear, when I mention next gen, it mean writing as the child/children of cannon characters (or a cannon character and OC). As with gender-bending, I don't particularly crave next gen RPs, but I'm not against them, and you're welcome to suggest them. If you do suggest one, though, I would appreciate it if you would look at my feelings about the pairing you have in mind if both parents would be cannon characters. If I don't have them on my list, or you want an OC parent, just ask me about it and I will be happy to give you my input.
*WARNING- This is not to be confused with the Oracion Seis arc, which has a villain named Zero. This is the one set before the founding of Fairy Tail!*

Let me start things off by saying that Mavis is adorable. Like, seriously adorable. I love her. She's my second favorite character in the entire series. That being said, while this arc is nice, I don't know well I would be able to write based on it, seeing as how it is a relatively short side arc that isn't directly connected to the rest of the series (ie, doesn't feature many of the same characters).If you want to try this one out, though, feel free to ask and we can give it a shot.

This arc is most notable for being the first job being taken on by Team Natsu (yes, Natsu, Lucy, and Happy did a few jobs together earlier on, but I don't really consider them as the official Team Natsu until Gray and Erza join them.) So for me, this seems like a good place to start if we want to do a cannon RP. Especially if we want to insert an OC into the group.

I have to admit, I originally didn't really like this arc very much. However, I have a sister who also likes FT and whose favorite character is Gray. After much discussion and repeated watching of this arc, I have to admit it has kind of grown on me. So I'm totally down for doing something with this arc, especially if Gray is going to be a main character in our RP.

I have to say, in my opinion, this arc has its upsides and downsides. The idea of FT going to war with another guild? Yeah, sounds good to me. Oh, and Erza has plenty of epic moments. Have I mentioned I love Erza? I love Erza. However, this arc focuses heavily on Lucy's backstory, which isn't as interesting for me as that of other characters. Also, I have issues with Juvia. See, her character during this arc is great! She has such potential. That is, until her fight with Gray where, in my opinion, Mashima completely destroys her character. She goes from a dynamic character to her only defining characteristic being her obsession with Gray. So yeah, it's safe to say I have mixed feelings about this arc.

This is another arc that I have mixed feelings about. See, it covers Erza's backstory, which means I sort of have to like it, since I love Erza. Have I mentioned I love Erza? I love Erza. But... But... THIS ARC HAS SO MANY PROBLEMS!!! Ahem. *Regains self-control* So as I was saying, I do have a few issues with this arc. First, this is the start of what I refer to as the "Jerza Story" (no, this is not a good thing. I'm not going to discuss it here though. If you want to know what I mean, go read my thoughts about the Jellal x Erza pairing.) Secondly, Natsu takes over the arc! I mean really- I get that he's the main male character and all, but this arc doesn't have anything to do with him! It's about Erza. And if any one of her guildmates is there to help her defeat Jellal, it should be Gray. I mean, the only guildmember who features prominantly in the flashbacks of Erza's past is Gray, and it shows the start of their relationship (which, in my opinion, isn't developed enough in the series), so it should be the two of them fighting Jellal at the end. Not Natsu. He needs to butt out and let someone else have their moment for once...

This arc is a yes. Sure, I'm a bit bitter about Erza getting turned into stone, and her getting tricked by Evergreen. And the fact that Natsu takes over the main fight, as usual. Still, this arc is pretty fun, so I'm definitely down for RPing this one.

I'm down for this arc too. This is before Mashima ran out of ideas for villains, so they actually have personality and interesting magic. Not to mention the characters have to come up with creative ways to beat them. So yeah, I like this arc. Well, accept for the bits involving Jellal (and if you want to know why I don't like Jellal's involvement, go read my Jellal x Erza pairing section. It will explain why I have problems with him.)

This arc is executed terribly. It has plot holes big enough to drive a giant, mechanical, fire-breathing dragon through. But- I do like the general idea of the arc, with Gray pretending to side with the villain to get the job done. Also, the part where there are multiple Natsus representing different parts of his personality that interact and have discussions with each other as if they're different people? This has huge potential, if it were executed in a more serious way. So basically, will I RP the arc in the style that it was written? No. Would I like to revamp this arc? Hell yeah! If you want to try this, please let me know. I would love to see how this would ultimately work out.

Eh. The Edolas arc has never really been my favorite. For some reason, it just doesn't really inspire me. I honestly don't have feelings one way or another about it. It's kind of a blah arc for me. So much so that I don't really have anything else to say about it...

YES! This is one of the two contenders for my favorite arc. I love the whole S-class advancement part. It seems like it would be fun to explore more of the test parts before they get attacked by Grimoire Heart, though. Also, the 'getting attacked by Acnologia and the island getting destroyed bit'? Did I mention I like angst? I like angst. Love it, in fact. And this arc has So. Much. Angst. I like it.

This, to me, is like the Daphne arc- an anime-only arc with good ideas but poor execution. Lucy's inner reflections while being absorbed into the clock? Brilliant concept that I would like to explore in depth. The rest of the arc? It doesn't really speak to me.

This is one of the two contenders for my favorite arc. Some of their challenges didn't really make sense to me, but I like the idea of a (relatively) friendly competition between guilds. Also, the idea of Fairy Tail being the underdog but proving themselves in the end appeals to me. The whole 'dragon king festival' thing tacked on the end, though? Meh. It's so-so.

This arc has never really made sense to me. So... Yeah. I guess you can say I'm not a big fan of the anime-only arcs.

This is another arc that I don't really have strong feelings about. I don't really like it, but I don't really dislike it either. It's okay.

This is another arc that I have divided feelings about. This is about the point that I feel Mashima ran out of good ideas for villains. They don't really have much personality. Wendy's fight with Ezel was interesting, and I laughed at Lucy's ploy to beat Franmalth. But... The whole Alegria thing? The only thing I like from that part of the arc was Lucy sacrificing Aquarius' key to summon the Celestial Spirit King (because of the angst there, why else?) And don't even get me started about Erza fighting Kyoka. I mean, I love Erza and all, but... 'Oh, you've taken away all five of my senses? No problem, I'll just beat you with no problem anyway.' Really? REALLY? No one can do that, not even Erza. Not to mention that Mashima never should have created someone with the ability to take away all five senses from someone in the first place! It's waaay overpowered (which is presumably why he had to turn to a BS way of beating her- because there is no reasonable way to win against that...) But the fight with Natsu and Gray vs Mard Geer? I kind of like the way it shows their friendship in a way that is usually covered up by their constant fighting.

I actually rather like this arc. This arc reminds me of a slightly better version of the Daphne arc, with Gray infiltrating the evil organization in order to learn their plans and defeat them. I wish they had covered more of his experiences on this in the manga. But the part I'm really interested in is what happened before Avatar. You know, what did everyone do after Fairy Tail was disbanded? How did they handle the guild breaking up? We caught some glimpses of this, but not much. Also, how did they handle the guild getting back together again? Were there some awkward moments knowing that many of them had gone their separate ways without even trying to keep in contact with their friends? I really want to explore the whole complex mess of feelings that the guild members must have been experiencing during this arc. So if anyone is interested in this, definitely bring it up, because I would love to try it out with you!

No. NO! No, no, no, no, no. I do not like this arc at all. Not even one little bit. I don't even want to talk about it. It drives me insane. There are no words to describe the way I feel beyond just simply saying 'no.' I wouldn't touch this arc with a ten-foot pole. Please don't even ask. Just don't.

Meh. I know Natsu and Lucy are commonly viewed as the main protagonists of the series, but honestly, they aren't really my favorite characters. Honestly, I don't really care one way or the other about this pairing.

Yeah, this one isn't really one I believe in. I mean, I get how some people see this as Gray sort of 'playing hard to get' and hiding his true feelings. And if that's how you feel, good for you. But for me, I can't see their relationship as anything other than Juvia obsessing over and stalking Gray despite the fact that he's clearly stated several times that he isn't interested in her. So yeah, I don't really see them as a romantic couple.

Ugh. This one bothers the hell out of me, because I love Erza. But Jellal... He drives me insane, due to what I call the "Jerza Story," which is basically the story of how they came to a "romantic" relationship. You know, how he ruined her life and threatened to kill her friends, had her kidnapped so he could use her as a human sacrifice, tricked her into thinking he wasn't evil right before being hit with etherion, actually killing one of her childhood friends, and then eventually being defeated by Natsu. But the story doesn't end there. He just has to come back in the Oracion Seis arc, and this is where the problems start. You see, up to this point I have no problems with Jellal. He made a great villain. In fact, I think he was my favorite villain in the entire series. But did he come back as a villain? Oh no, he just has to come back as an ally who had a conversion experience. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing- I can see him being turned to the side of good. In fact, I think that would be great. My problem is with how Mashima does it- the cliche, way overused, cop-out, 'I lost my memory and now I want to be a good guy and make you like me' thing. Yeah, things are getting pretty bad by this point, but still, even this I could get over. What I CAN'T get over is Erza's reaction. SHE FORGIVES HIM AND ACCEPTS THAT HE'S SUDDENLY A GOOD GUY WITHOUT QUESTIONING IT!!! I apologize for shouting, but this is kind of a sensitive topic for me. I mean, remember, this is the person who tricked her into thinking he was only doing the whole Tower of Heaven thing because he was possessed by some evil spirit, yeah? He had a history of making BS up to fool her into trusting him. And yet she doesn't even seem to stop and consider that he might be tricking her? Ugh.

But wait, there's more! Once last element to add to the whole heap of bad feelings that summarize my experience with the Jerza pairing. After the seven year skip, when Erza and Jellal meet again for the first time, they have their whole lovey-dovey moment followed by Jella's "I have a fiance!" and Erza's, "Oh, I know that's BS, but sure, I'll go along with it anyway." Which may not seem too bad, until you consider the timeline of their relationship... Erza knows Jellal as a child, but then he threatens to kill her friends and basically separates her from them. She doesn't see him again until he has her kidnapped during the Tower of Heaven, which apparently lasted about a day (no, Seigrain doesn't count- Erza didn't know he was Jellal and he was using it to trick her, so...), and ends with him presumed to be dead. Which lasts until the Oracion Seis arc, where he comes back, with amnesia, to help them, again for like a day, and ends with him being arrested by the council. And when is the next time Erza sees him again? That lovey-dovey moment we were just talking about. So see, beyond their experience as children, at this point Erza has only been around Jellal for two days in her entire adult life! And one of those days was as an enemy. And yet somehow she now magically loves him despite everything he's done to hurt her? It just doesn't make sense.

...Wow, that was way more than I planned to write. And I'm sure way more than you wanted to know. Oops, my bad...

Out of all of the pairings of cannon characters, I have to say this is my favorite. Just because it is the one Mashima has developed the best. Their relationship seems to sort of flow naturally, while the others kind of don't. Honestly, it's the only pairing that I actually want to officially become cannon. Still, Gajeel and Levy aren't my favorite characters, so I'm not exactly dying to do this pairing.

I've recently become aware that there seems to be some huge rivalry between NaLu and NaLi supporters. Honestly, I don't really care. Lisanna isn't developed well enough for me to really have an emotional connection with her, so I'm not particularly interested in doing anything with her as a main character.

I really can't see this one. I mean, besides a few touching moments here and there, generally Natsu acts like he's mortally afrais of Erza, and Erza treats Natsu like the annoying little brother she wishes she didn't have to put up with. So yeah, I have a hard time picturing them getting along as a couple.

So, I can see where people get this. Despite the fact that they are constantly fighting, there are quite a few moments that show that they're actually really good friends. Still, for me I see them more as friends than love interests. And as far as writing RPs goes, I'm not very comfortable writing mxm relationships, so... But on a side note, I think it could be interesting to explore a relationship with either one of them being gender-bent. Other than that, though, I don't know that I'm really interested in this pairing.

Out of all the cannon pairings involving Erza, I have to say that this is the one I like the most (or dislike the least, depending on how you look at it.) The series doesn't really focus much on Gray and Erza's relationship, but the flashbacks during the Tower of Heaven arc that show them becoming friends make it easy for me to see their friendship evolving into a romantic relationship.

Whew, finally finished. So, now that I've said my piece (or maybe I should say pieces), anyone interested in an RP?

I love Fairy Tail too, but I'm not sure I can take on another 1x1 right now. Sorry T_T

i dont have a lot of time to post per day but Im interested

I'm intrestead in a FT rp.

I would love to roleplay !
but since im really new to the site i dont really know how to use some of the mechanics along with alot of the basics. But other then that im pretty experienced in roleplaying

Status
Not open for further replies.