Fairies and Humans

Re: The Enchanted Forest

"When it comes to animals we can just simply talk to them whenever we want." she said to him. "And not exactly. When we speak to the trees or the plants, we normally speak like you and I are now. That or we speak in the Elven language." she added. "There's really nothing to it."

Dimitri nodded a little, he took a bite of the fruit. "Would you be able to speak to any human this way too?" He looked around the fire, seeing that there were things moving beyond the light. Whatever it was, it was keeping its distance. He sipped his tea and looked at his tent, feeling kind of tired. "And where do you... sleep?" Maybe they had houses and villages like humans. Or maybe they sleep like nomads, like himself, in tents or just under the stars.

"There's a village in the meadow." Eve said as she thought about home. "Most fairies sleep there in small cottages, even the royals live there." she added, of course not mentioning anything about her being part of that family. She looked up at the sky as the clouds parted to let the moonlight shine in the woods. "But there are some fairies who will change their size and become a small fairy like you humans hear in stories. When they do that they normally sleep on top of flowers or under mushrooms."

So they did have a village. That was pretty interesting. And they can change their size. That was even more interesting. "So, you're saying that you could change your size to something as small as a butterfly in front of my eyes? Does that mean that you can make yourself bigger than you are right now?" Dimitri imagined that there was some kind of limit, or fairies would just make themselves giant if they ever felt threatened by humans. Dimitri was riddled with questions that he wanted answers for about her. He seemed to be leaning towards her now.

Eve laughed lightly at his question. She shook her head in response to it. "No, we can't go any bigger than this."she told him. "Nor would we want to." she added and that was true. No fairy wanted to be any bigger than human size or any smaller as a butterfly's size. Speaking of it all had her wanting to be that size later when she leaves him. To lay on a flower or even on the water lilies in the lake was always such fun to her and now that she wasn't in the meadow, she had a lot more freedom and there were plenty of different flowers and plants around.

"Oh..." That made Dimitri feel a little disappointed. He would have liked to see a giant fairy. But a small one didn't sound too bad. "And what about the elements that you can control?" He asked. He was only a little curious about the magic that they could use. "How do you control it? And how is it determined what fairies can control what elements?" Then another question came to him. "And... What element can you control?" He assumed that she could do something with fire and plants, from what he had seen, but wasn't completely sure.

Eve smiled when she noticed his slight disappointment when she mentioned that fairies couldn't get any bigger than she was now.

For a moment she thought after hearing what it was he was asking about the elements. "Are wings." she then said. "The color can usually determine what kind of fairy we." At that she moved her own wings. "I'm a forest fairy, but with the color of my wings.." she said, pointing out that hers were almost like the color of fire. "I can also control fire." she added.

She leaned back agaisnt the tree once more. "But fire and nature aren't the only abilities that I have. I can heal as well, though not as powerful as an actual healing fairy, but that ability is still strong enough for most wounds."

Dimitri thought it would be pretty nice to be able to do the things that fairies could do, but he didn't mind his own limits. He was trying to think of what to ask next, munching on fruit and sipping on the sweet tea that he had made. He reached into his bag and pulled out a sketchbook and a pencil. He started sketching the fairy girl in front of him. "Well... What do you like to eat?"

Eve watched the stars and wasn't aware of what he was now doing. "Mostly the fruits from the meadow." she said, and her mind went to wishing she could try human food one day. Fruit does start to get a little boring once you've been eating the same kind over and over again. Being out in the forest like she was, was giving her more choices though with the fruit, more than she thought even existed.

"No vegetables?" Dimitri was a little surprised by this. Fairies probably didn't like meat, but that wasn't a surprise to him. But one other question did pop up. "What about tea? Do you like tea?" He could imagine that, if they were tea drinkers, that they would have eloquently sculpted cups. Maybe forged from magic so that if you dropped one, it would reform back into the cup with the tea in it. Dimitri only liked natural teas. He didn't even put sugar in it, he would drop a leaf of stevia in it. Maybe fairies liked stevia too.

When he asked about tea Eve smiled slightly more. She nodded to that, tea was her favorite. "Yes, all fairies love tea." she said. "It's pretty much the only thing we prefer to drink, besides the water from the spring." she added.

"That's great to hear." Dimitri couldn't even imagine a world without tea. Probably like the one he lived in, just more jittery or something. "What kinds of fruits do you have around your home?" He sipped on the tea in front of him while listening to what she had to say. He wanted to see this village that she lived in, but probably wasn't aloud to or something preposterous like that.

Thinking of the fruit that was around her home made Eve start to smile happily just from the thought of it. "We have plenty of enchanted fruits growing by my village. A lot blue and orange ones. There aren't really any kind of names for these types of fruits." she said to him as she watched him drink some of the tea he had made.

Dimitri nodded, the fruit she mentioned made him think about what else they could possibly do. He noticed she was watching him drink the tea, so he offered her some. "I can make more, if you want some." He always had extra food, just in case something happened to part of his rations or he got injured, he could sustain himself for longer. "So what are the other fae-folk like in your village?"