Fairbrooke Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
7567b674dde0487f6660b8aab543bd64.jpg

{To Tristen, 6:18pm: Haha don't give her too hard of a time now. I haven't even met her yet! Anyways, you don't mind to-go? Even if you had set up the fridge, we don't even have anything besides canned food and I'm a little tired of canned food. Your choice okay? I'll pick it up and pay for it since you've been doing most of the hardwork today. :) I'll see you later, love!}

[To Khalida 6:21; Ah, she's a strong gal--just like someone else I know. ;) Aye, get some Tai. I'll take Jamie and go to the store after I help her get situated. Tomarrow I'll cook for you since you've been working so hard lately.]

Jamie then practically tackled Tristen who laughed, bracing himself somewhat on the counter laughing as he hugged her back. She was his only niece so that meant he more or less spoiled her which he had gotten an ear full from her mother. Once he even called her mother while she was sitting right there, and had to put the phone down while they both Jamie and Tristen secretly giggled.

"Well, you don't have to worry about late night bathroom trips any time soon. I got over it a long time ago," she said rather proudly. She pointed at her bike, "Would you rather have me put my bike somewhere else? I, um, wasn't too sure where else to put it."

Tristen chuckled. "You better be, that'd be a very awkward conversation with Khal." He joked. He then looked over at her bike. "Oh sure, might get you a bike rack so its easier for you to store it. But I don't see why not."

He began to assume that no one was there to welcome him yet. It was surprisingly even to Alaric that he would be the first to his shared home in the apartment building. In reality, Alaric was not always the punctual one. Perhaps not at all, he left this trait with his sister, Philomena. If it were up to Philomena, she would have her brother two hours early to any serious function or event. The man laughed at the thought as he proceeded to the nicely sized - for an apartment, anyway - living room. It was bare, as he would imagine it would be, along with his bedroom. However, there would be no worries about that. His mother - no matter how much Alaric tried to resist her help - insisted that she have his bed and a few pieces of furniture sent in for him. Couch, coffee table, and the like. Alaric would have done so himself, but "think of it as a housewarming gift," his mother said to him.

It wasn't for any fact that she was not good for it, for she was; Stairway to Leaven was making some pretty decent money as of late. Probably more than decent. Rick just wanted to take this time to show independence. However, Evie-Lynn - his mother - was a stubborn woman, and he guessed that he could accept that this one time. Despite it all, Alaric found himself being forever grateful for a mother like her.

Alaric was about to head to his bedroom, to set his things down. But suddenly, he heard a voice. His eyes were cast to the floor, but when he looked up, before him was a girl. She seems to have appeared from her bedroom or the bathroom, perhaps. It seems I wasn't so punctual after all, he thought to himself. And though he was able to come to this internal conclusion, his mind was very much elsewhere. She was a beautiful thing to look at, Alaric believed. And she had heard his reference. He laughed at himself for having said it aloud. Lillian Reed. Lily. That was her name. It suited her well. And such a curious thing it was, to have a name suit one's appearance so.

When she held a hand out to him, he made move to shake it. But, he realized that he still held his duffle bags. Alaric, the dork-ish one, he said to himself. Chuckling, he gently dropped the bags and stepped toward her, taking her hand in his. "Nice to meet you, Lily. Alaric's the name. Alaric Michel, but call me Rick if you want. And I guess I am the rotten egg today."

Jamie Sullivan

“Oh! You don’t have to do that for me. I’m already living with the two of you and I don’t want to be overbearing with my belongings.” She rubbed her arm sheepishly. Jamie was very grateful to her uncle for allowing him to stay with him and his girlfriend while she went to school. That helped to alleviate the already staggering expenses college brought, plus she got to spend more time with her favorite uncle. But she didn’t want to be too much a burden on the couple. “I’ll be using my bike often for school and work so I don’t want to lock it away either.”

Jamie leaned against the counter next to Tristen, playing with a lock of her red hair. There weren’t too many people with her shade of hair in the family. According to her grandfather, her great aunt had the exact same shade in her younger days. Jamie liked to think that if they had met while she was still alive, her aunt would show her pictures of her birth family and each one would have the same red hair.

“When did you guys move in? I see a lot of boxes so not too long ago?” Jamie’s stomach growled, causing her to blush. “Um, do you also have anything to eat?”

7567b674dde0487f6660b8aab543bd64.jpg

“Oh! You don’t have to do that for me. I’m already living with the two of you and I don’t want to be overbearing with my belongings.” His niece told him, though Tristen would simply wave his hand as if to say ' No big deal'. He knew well how expensive college could be, already having spent eight years to earn his Masters in his pursuit of a banking career.

“I’ll be using my bike often for school and work so I don’t want to lock it away either.”

"No worries. Besides now that I've sucessfully stolen you away from my dear sister I can spoil you rightfully." He chuckled.

“When did you guys move in? I see a lot of boxes so not too long ago?” She then asked.

"I'd say..a couple weeks maybe?" Tristen responded.

He lifted his arm and went to check his watch--having already forgotten he'd taken it off moments before. He then stepped over to the bar-like counter space and picked up the exorbitant watch. It was gold and platinum and had all the consistencies of a high-priced Rolex.

"They should be here, right...about...now." He said before there was a knock at the door. Sticking his hand in one pocket he stepped over to the door and opened it.

"Mr.Sterling?" A deliveryman inquired.

"That's me." Tristen responded.

"I have a 19-inch All-in-one HP computer and a computer desk?" The deliveryman said.

"Uh, yeah. It goes in that bedroom over there." Tristen pointed towards Jamie's room. He then stepped aside while two other men entered carrying a large box the size of a table, and a smaller one closer to the size of a microwave into the apartment and towards Jamie's room.

"I'll have to have the cable company come by and set your internet up. I'll put your desk together one I go get Khal." He said looking down at his side towards Jamie with both hands in his pockets.

Then he heard it, and both looked down at her stomach and while Jamie blushed--Tristen laughed.

"Good lord child!" He said jokingly.

“Um, do you also have anything to eat?” She questioned embarrassingly.

"Yeah, I'm about to go pick up Khal, tag along and we'll all go out somewhere." He grinned, poking at her noisy stomach.

Khalida Karim
Khalida waved goodbye to the last family and quickly cleaned up her desk. She locked her classroom and waved goodbye to teachers and janitor staff she passed by in the hall. Once outside of the school, Khalida started for the nearest Thai place she could remember, twirling her keys around her finger while thinking of her lesson plan for the next day. She'll probably hold off on the daily wuzzle tomorrow, just to give them a break after all their hardwork before conference day. Although many of the children enjoyed her wuzzles which she was very happy about.

Looking at the time, she figured that large computer must have come by already. Hopefully Jamie likes the fancy welcome present. Tristen just loves to spoil Khalida, lord knows how much he's going to spoil his favorite niece. She chuckled and shook her head at the memory of him spending hours upon hours looking for a good computer for her.

She reached the Thai restaurant and ordered three boxes, spending the cooking time beating a level of Majong. She payed for the food and stepped outside, texting Tristen she got the food and where to pick her up.

Jamie Sullivan
Jamie's eyes bulged when the large computer entered the apartment. He bought her a computer? No way! And a really good one too! It must have cost him a fortune. Then again, he was a very wealthy man so she wasn't even sure if the computer made a dent in his savings. She stared at her uncle; she was grateful that he got her something to help her when she studies, but it was so much! She probably would have gotten it anyway had her mother used some of the fortune Tristen gave her. But her mother was adamant that it would only be used towards her college tuition and books. Sound advice; even if she got the funding she needed and was already working, plus the family had her uncle's wealth to keep them stable, Jamie wanted to learn how to manage her money right and learn to live independently when she graduated. Sullivan's pride, her father called it.

"Yeah, I'm about to go pick up Khal, tag along and we'll all go out somewhere."

She jumped when he poked her, giggling like a little girl. "That sounds good. Mom won't be here for another hour and a half." She looked at him with exasperation. "When Mom finds out you bought me a computer, she is going to flip."

Status
Not open for further replies.