FaeLorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almalthia kept her face as neutral as she could, as she stated "I have just arrived Aunt, ergo cannot give you a fair representation as yet. However since you are here I know it won't be boring. I would pose the same question to you Aunt." Almalthia inwardly wished this night was over already. She was starting to get a tension headache from thinking of ways to ward off male attention. It was of her opinion that her Aunt liked to put men up to it but she had no proof yet. Thankfully it was only single men. Emoer must have something to do with that. She dare not ask. Sometimes not knowing is better than knowing. Ignorance truly is bliss. Until you die from ignorance. Death was always possible in the Unseelie court. Sometimes it was preferred.

Leon rose with the claw pressed gently to his chin. He knew if he Didn't do as he was told, things would look grim for him. As soon as he was on his feet, the claw was removed from his chin and he said "my queen, so long as the evening goes without an attempt on your life I have no complaints." when Almalthia said the night wouldn't be boring, the captain of the ravens inwardly winced. He hoped that things would go smoothly. He cast a murderous glance at those who were staring at Almalthia, sensing her discomfort.
@MotherOfCthulhu

Last edited:
Reactions: Goddess of the Moon
Oleana stood as well and looked towards Almalthia, seeing that she was very uncomfortable with all the male party-goers were eyeing her and making her feel like a piece of meat on display. Along with the captain of the Ravens, she had also glared at them and made them reel back a bit before she left to go stand near a wall. Her eyes were still vigilant and looking for any sign of trouble that would happen at the party. 'I pray that this party ends soon, for then everyone would be back to doing what was needed of them.' She thought as she turned her eyes to the prince, fighting a blush from appearing on her face. He was well looking to say the least, not to mention desired by many women of the court. She tore her eyes away from the prince to look at the captain of the Ravens. Leon Corvinus... he was something of an enigma to her that she wished to understand and would always wonder what it was about him that caught her attention. 'A strange man indeed...'

@Almalthia
@Victor Markov
@Silverdawn

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Victor Markov
Fae smiled lightly at her niece, "Oh my sweetheart, it is frightfully dull. No one is dancing, the courts aren't speaking to one another, it is a terrible shame. I fear if it doesn't perk up I'm going to be frightfully bored and have to make my own entertainment." The innocence of her smile was nothing to the thoughts in her mind of course, she hadn't made a chimera in so long...still one couldn't go around doing that any more, everyone had to be nice to everyone else. Which in itself made it frightfully boring.

Leon chimed in and she smiled a sweet schoolgirl sort of smile, "Oh Leon, you are so kind..." Then something dawned on her, "Tell you what, how about we go dance. I'll dance with Leon and you can dance with one of those." She gestured with a hand to the room behind them, "Men." Well, they were sort of men, she'd not chosen them for their prowess but for their ability in other fields. Glancing back to her little party she put her glass aside and looked to the captain of the guard, "I have a feeling even if I asked nicely you'd rather do guard duty than have fun." To this the delicate looking woman pouted lightly and shrugged, "I won't force you but you never know when the urge to dance will strike." She winked and turned her eyes back to Leon, offering her hand, "Shall we? After all boredom is just as dangerous to your queen as assassins."

• Love
Reactions: Almalthia
Leon inwardly winced at the queens words. For when the queen gets board, bad things were sure to follow. She also spoke the truth when she said he would rather defend her life than have fun. What could the captain of the ravens say? He was dedicated to his work. Then she plucked a heartstring and caused him to inwardly wince again for he knew better than to refuse an order from the queen...or turn down a request from her majesty. "It would be an honor to have this dance, my queen. Let's show these wallflowers what a party is all about." he said as he took her hand and motioned to the musicians to play something lively. He wasn't about to say boredom with the queen spelled trouble for those around her in addition to herself. Even though they were going to dance, captain Corvinus would remain alert and watch for signs of trouble. "Almalthia, dance with one of my ravens. They are professional enough to not cause you any discomfort."
@MotherOfCthulhu
@Almalthia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.