Fact of the day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kame

Original poster
Get the lube ready because i'm going in raw with some christmas facts!

Christmas or Christmas Day (Old English: Crīstesmæsse, meaning "Christ's Mass") is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. A feast central to the Christian liturgical year, it is prepared for by the season of Advent or the Nativity Fast and initiates the season of Christmastide, which historically in the West lasts twelve days and culminates on Twelfth Night; in some traditions, Christmastide includes an Octave. Christmas Day is a public holiday in many of the world's nations, is celebrated culturally by a large number of non-Christian people,and is an integral part of the holiday season.

You really should just keep all of this to one thread if you really must do this.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
A better fun fact (Or fact of the day) would be going into the pre-Christian stuff relating to Christmas. Like that German toy maker who Santa is probably based off of (Or a part of him anyway)

A better fun fact (Or fact of the day) would be going into the pre-Christian stuff relating to Christmas. Like that German toy maker who Santa is probably based off of (Or a part of him anyway)
I dont read i just post dude.

Remember everyone, Christmas is a Pagan Holiday that the Christians stole. :3

Reactions: Marchosias
Shouldn't this be "Facts every other day" instead?

I also second the idea of putting it all in one thread.

73SL1o7.jpg

We should just shit rate bomb these threads if they keep happening.

We should just shit rate bomb these threads if they keep happening.
I plan on quoting myself endlessly, until it's a black hole of quotes.

They were jealous of the partying. x3
Well, actually, it's because the Catholic Church realized that co-opting holidays that already existed would profligate their ideological views about family, religion, and nation, easier than trying to force others to conform to new holidays. Humorously, it was actually the Catholics being willing to adjust their own celebrations and traditions to some extent that allowed them to spread so quickly--because it became easier to become a sort of "Catholic+" for a couple generations, then with each generation, gradually reform back into the whole. It also became the cause of multiple heresies, like arianism.

tl;dr: They were that one friend who was willing to go to every party, so often, that they ended up becoming the sole host of most parties.

HISTORY NERD, AWAY!

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: Izurich and Shiri
'Tis the season. Straight up admitting you're copy pasting random shit from Wikipedia is textbook shitposting.
Wow, Who rammed a corncob up your ass? Chill man, You got some problems. Lol

One thing I found amusing when looking up documentary's on Christmas history though (Video's are my prefered method of learning when back and fourth discussion isn't available) was that every single documentary was ran by Christians... Not a single Atheist, Pagan etc. I was expecting it to be Atheist/Pagan dominated, in retaliation to those who chant "Keep Christ in Christmas!".

But no, apparently Christians are both the most eager to get offended over the holiday being 'invaded', and also the most eager to be open and honest about the holidays history.
To which I can't help but give them some respect and credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.