Fables of Zeri (DJ9K & Raiotsu 1x1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopping on the spot Howakhan turned to face Daisuke. His lips curling into a tall smirk as he chuckled out slightly. In a slightly louder voice than the rest would be comfortable with. He was talking in his normal voice with little to no concern about it. "What? You're worried about a few giant bees turning you in to Swiss cheese?" He never quite stood up straight but he did kick the nearest tree. The loud clank of the metal clashing with the wood easily coming out loud enough for the bee to have heard. Yet, it didn't turn to face them. "First off, bees don't have ears, they can't hear us. They work off what seems to be sight, and feel. As long as they're flying we have nothing to worry about. If they're still we need to be slow and cautious as not to cause too much vibration, and we need to stay out of sight as best as possible. Don't be so scared... besides, if we do get in a fight, I'll just hide behind the cap here!" As he finished Howakhan went to give Rolith a firm pat on the shoulder, only to miss and swing on air. Stumbling slightly he let out an audible noise in question. Looking behind himself to see Rolith still trotting on. "Well.. he's got the right idea at least."

Turning and starting to move a bit quicker, the feather footed rogue easily made his way up to catch up with the Knight. Firmly planting himself on a root as he looked forward and off. Eventually crouching lower as he grabbed Rolith to make him stop moving. Turning to Daisuke and the other foolish knights to give them a note to slow down. Howakhan pointed out a large buck that was standing in the middle of a small opening. Its front hooves lifted up on a tree as it grabbed for an Apple. "This is why we need to stay out of a sight..." He stated as the buck pulled on an apple, and eventually tugged it off. The tree shaking and catching attention; a heavy vibration filling the air once more. It was just a simple motion of the buck turning to run before the apple fell to the ground, bouncing once and rolling a little before being flooded by red. A large stinger piercing through the body of the buck, the pointer sticking out the other end and slowly pulling out. The legs of the large worker bee wrapping around it before starting to lift off and head back in the same direction as the other bee from before.

"Well.. now that's unsettling.." Rolith spoke as he took in a small breath and looked to Howakhan who was taking a few more seconds to scope the area before raising his hand and waving it a couple times to gesture them on. Taking the lead and hopping from the root to start back down the path. "Don't get too far ahead." Rolith spoke in a commanding voice once more before moving on with him.

"Don't worry.. you're what keeps me alive if we get spotted. I aint running far from you."

"Actually I am, I am terrified of bees." Said Daisuke but thinking to himself that spiders were even worst. Howakhan had soon left to catch up with Rolith, looking around at the forest the buzzing noise still filled the air Daisuke occasionally looked down at his hand remembering the blast that emerged from it earlier. He wonder how to do it again and how long has he been able to do that. Eventually catching up with Howakhan he listened to him speak about the bees. The vibration part stuck out to Daisuke as he felt like that was a big part of avoiding the bees.

Going forward into the forest Daisuke quietly admired the scenery that Zeri offered, suddenly cut off by the signal from Howakhan as he crouched down and made his way over to where he and Rolith were. Daisuke watched as the buck came along and attempted to get the apple but as quick as he touched the tree he was already struck dead by a large stinger straight through his body. Daisuke quickly put his hand over his mouth not letting his gasp escape his lips. Turn to see Howakhan he was already away looking around. The other knights were shocked with that they seen Sir Gent had to cover Sir Casm's mouth before he could scream.

"Not a sound y'hear?" Sir Gent told Sir Casm in a quiet voice trying to get his point across.

"Just how far do you think he got?" Asked Daisuke directing his question towards anyone as they kept moving forward with Rolith and Howakhan seemingly taking turns getting ahead of each other. Coming up on a clear path way 6 bees were hovering high in the trees out of sight but still large enough to be seen as their silhouettes passed through the little sun light.

Reactions: DJ9K
"Say, Captain!" Howakhan soon started up as the bees passed over head. "What does that guy even have that you wanted so badly? I mean, you sent an entire army just to attack him.. I'm assuming it was for more than just a couple bandit groups."

"It's none of your concern, convict." He retaliated quickly. "The kind sent us to retrieve it, and that's all the reason I needed to bring my full force."

"So, it was for the item. Interesting.. now I really want to know what it is."

"You won't, though. Understand, depending on how you deal with this depends rather or not I let you go or throw you back in a cell for the rest of your measly unimportant life."

"Jeez... lighten up." Howakhan finished up as he pointed out the direction they needed to go and fell back into the group again. Waiting until Daisuke and the other knights caught up before he started to walk at pace again. It was safer to let Rolith lead anyways, after all. "Oi, Daisuke. Tell me, do you see his armour glinting too?" Howakhan asked as he pointed out the shining golden trimmings of the armour. He wasn't wrong either; every now and then the light filtering through the forest top would catch the armour just right, making it give off a shimmer. A rather noticeable one too. Of course, anyone watching Howakhan could catch that same glint pass through his eyes that he got. Something even he had trouble explaining at times, but his higher perceptive abilities really came out when it was there.

"Oh god.. you're right! Captain!" Sir Vey quickly began to run up toward Rolith, his own armour starting to catch a glint of the light as well. A familiar, audible sound soon giving out, and rapidly approaching.

Howakhan quickly pressed his hand to Daisuke's chest and pushed him to the ground near a large root. "Get hidden underneath it, now." He said as he slipping himself foot first into the wooden opening that hid him quite well in darkness. He actually tried tugging on Daisuke to pull him in at first, knowing the oncoming sound wasn't a single entity. It was rather spaceous, but the lack of light made it rather easy to hide in. The damp, cold dirt actually giving off a small chill to those near it. Another buzz flying over head, followed by another as three of the bees soon swarmed in. The first striking Sir Vey perfectly in the back; his armour denting heavily, but saving his life. He hit the ground hard, and rolled slightly, his helmet falling from his head. "There's one more, wait for it then strike." He told Daisuke as he waited. A final one soon coming in with a delay as Howakhan dashed from the root and giving Daisuke a signal. Easily being the first to catch up he hit it with an open palm on the back, and swiped at the wing to cause it to land, and put its focus on him. Getting a wide opening for Daisuke to strike.

On the other side of the field, Rolith had pulled up his hammer. Charging the bee that had struck Sir Vey hard in the gut. A deep puke green goop spilling on the ground as it became obvious that the wide swing Rolith had made not only struck, but crushed the large bees exoskeleton wide open. The bee flying in a pattern before landing on its back, twitching its legs as it slowly slipped from life. The other two bees, the ones that had flown over head before quickly coming to a stop and hovering. Taking a second before starting to fly in a strange pattern. "Get prepared knights!"

Following Howakhan's signal Daisuke was right behind him as he took down the bee and watched it come falling to the ground due to its damaged wings. Unsheathing the iron broad sword given to him earlier Daisuke aimed his eyes and tip of the blade towards the bee's abdomen. Charging straight towards the bee Daisuke could feel the fear making his hands shake and heart pound rapidly. Tightening his grip he jumped and struck in a downwards angle piercing the blade through the bee's abdomen the creature squirm in pain before stopping suddenly and not moving anymore.

It felt like the world had went silent for a moment as Daisuke looked down at the large dead creature and couldn't believe he was the one to end it. Letting out an intense relief he slowly pulled the sword out of the abdomen and looked at Howakhan with a victorious expression but was soon cut short as the remaining bees in the sky started to fly around like crazy and the buzzing noise only got louder like music was echoing the area. Rolith's words shouted in Daisuke's ear as the other knights quickly regroup with their captain. Sir gent prepared his crossbrow firing several arrows at a bee that was trying to sting Sir Casm.

"We gotta find that bandit fast before we see the whole colony!" Sir Gent declared while providing cover fire for the knights that couldn't attack the bees that were too high in the air. "I see some dead bees over here I think that bandit has already been through here these bees look like they were dead before we were here!" Cried Sir Casm who stumbled upon two more dead bees that were smashed up. "That bandit has a weapon from the look of these damages to the bees."

"Howakhan what do I do?" Daisuke said Looking around to make sure he wasn't in a dangerous spot as the buzzing noises still went on only a few bees were there but Daisuke was scared of more bees coming to stop them from going any forward.

"This was a battlezone. They're calling for help, we need to move!" Howakhan spoke to Daisuke as he looked off to the side. His eyes showing a deep glint within them as he pointed to a small cropping area within the trees. "We need to make our way deeper. Through that area there, they can't follow." He spoke, running up to Rolith quickly to get him to focus more on fleeing than battling. "There's something else in these woods right now. It's best to move than wait." Once he was done he dashed off for the small opening, knowing that the brush would be too great for the giant insects to chase through. Turning his head to looked back directly to Daisuke, waiting for him in specific. It was something along the lines of a brother-in-arms kind of relationship at this point. He felt like he was partially responsible for Daisuke's well being at this point. After all, it was his idea for them to come running through this part of the forest, and that in itself did mean that blame would fall on him should Daisuke fall. "Come, we move! Before their reinforcements arrive."

Rolith took one step forward and took a swipe at one of the two bees, completely in vein from the rapid movements they were making of course. Turning around he nodded and looked back to the other knights; "You heard him! We need to retreat! Keep following him!" He then quickly turned to Sir Vey to help him up, getting him onto his feet. The other two knights easily making their ways to the opening that Howakhan had pointed out, and opened up for them to get through. Each one quick to get into the safety of the new area, Rolith being the slow one, waiting for Daisuke to get his way onward and make it through. It was in his nature, and his title, he knew he had to be the last to make it through to safety. Helping Sir Vey to move onward and into the opening he left himself wide open, and in that instant one of the two bees calling for help swooped down and forward after them. Its stinger being presented in full, and Sir Vey quickly shoving Rolith to the side out of its way. The 2nd sting against his weakened armour striking true; a large dent showing in the back of it as he hunched forward with a grunt of pain. Blood soon starting to trickle from his mouth as Howakhan grabbed Daisuke by the arm to pull him deeper in. "SIR VEY!" Rolith cried, grabbing his hammer up and bringing it down vertically on the massive insect, shattering its chitin plate into pieces as he smashed the weapon straight through its body. Quickly grabbing Sir Vey and pushing into the thicker brush.

Rushing forward, Howakhan soon took the lead to show them somewhere a little bit safer. Waiting until they had a decent little space with a lot more over cover before stopping and looking back to Rolith with a soft nod of his head. Rolith taking note of the gesture and settling himself down, letting Sir Vey down onto the ground. His dull eyes still looking up, Rolith soon covered and closed them, and hung his head. "I'm sorry.. Sir Vey." He spoke with a solemn voice; "Your sacrifice was honorable for a man who fought even when injured. You will not be forgotten, you will not be left behind. Rest easy, rest well my knight." His words were followed by a long breath, as he knew he had to keep it short for them not to fall anymore behind. Slowly picking him once more he walked up to Howakhan and with a rather shaky voice, holding back both anger and grievance he asked; "What do we do now. We saw what looked to be him running through here."

"We're not far behind.." Howakhan replied, looking forward to see where the footprints lead to. "He's falling slow, being too cautious. He doesn't think anyone is coming for him. We can get ahead of him still..."

"How do we advance?"

"Sir Vey needs to be returned to the camp, or left behind... Sir Casm, Sir Gent, can the two of you return him to the camp ahead of us. Us three should be able to catch this man ourselves. He's alone."

Rolith turned his head to them to wait for their answers. He knew they would likely be shooken from the situation, and didn't want to push it on them if they weren't certain they'd be able to do it just fine without freaking out too much. "If you can.. it would probably be best."

"You can take a heavier covered path even, since you won't need to emphasize speed. I can show you a super safe rout with no risk of even being spotted by the bees. It'll be rougher and slower, but you'll be safe."

Daisuke followed Howakhan as he suggested going deeper into the forest. He kept the sword drawn and set his eys on the bees that were arriving. squirrels, deers, and birds started to flee the area as the quiet forest was now becoming more louder and active. Every animal seemed to be getting out of the bees way as they filled the air and patrolled the sky. Sir Gent continued to fire arrows at the bees striking them in the head and abdomen some falling to their death others slightly injured and still trying to attack. Sir Casm stuck close to his fellow knight swinging his spear disrupting the bees flight pattern and clipping their wings to immobilize them. Howakhan had demanded to Rolith that everyone follow him to a safer place, Rolith soon order all the knights to follow Howakhan as every began to retreat.

Falling behind Howakhan Daisuke had tough time keeping up as he still sore from his own injuries in the eariler raid. Almost passing out he felt himself about to trip and fall right on the ground but suddenly Howakhan's hand grabs Daisuke and drags him out of the way of the danger that chased them. Hearing Rolith cry out quickly woke Daisuke out of his fatigue and looked back to see Sir Vey lie dead on the ground with a stinger pierced through his chest. His eyes widen but he didn't have time to react as Howakhan pressured him to keep following as Sir Gent and Sir Casm were already with Howakhan Sir Gent still giving cover fire to Rolith while he carried Sir Vey.

Once they were able to finally get away Howakhan suggested that the other knights take Sir Vey back to back. "Sir Gent let us quickly departed maybe there is still something that can be done." Spoke Sir Casm in a shaky voice turning to Sir Gent who had said nothing else after getting away from the bees. As he gave Rolith cover fire he saw the whole thing happen to Sir Vey and it bothered him to know that it might not be anything left but just to get his body outta the forest so he could have a proper burial.

"Yeah.. as knights we need to follow our orders to the end. I'll see to it that we see you back at camp alive sir." Replied Sir Gent finally breaking his little silence as he took Sir Vey's body from Rolith and and gave his crossbrow to Sir Casm to keep them protected just in case. "Please rogue, show us the way and we'll go from there ourselves."

Howakhan nodded lightly and gestured them to follow him. It was pretty bad how well he knew the area, as if he practically lived in the area. Leading them about 50 yards to the east he noted a few particular trees that gave great overhead coverage, and large bushes that could be walked between. Most of which was well over chest height, probably over head height even. They had little chance to be spotted by any of the major threats of the forest. Explaining to them how the path would continue and making sure they repeated it so he knew they remembered which way to travel and how to hide should they get in a bad situation before letting them off on their way. Him, and both of them soon returned, the two of them taking Sir Vey's body and walking off in the direction that Howakhan had suggested. They were obviously still shook from the situation, but showed a little more confidence in moving. Howakhan returned to Rolith and Daisuke, and looked between the two of them before nodding his head to make sure they were each ready.

"Alright, now that we're a smaller party we'll be able to move quicker. I can see the path that he's taking, and I know where he'll come out. He's being cautious but he's also not covering his tracks." Turning to Daisuke Howakhan soon planted a hand firm to his shoulder. The soft pat holding a small shake to it as he took in a slow breath. "You're vital to this. Keep on the roots, the ground is easier to walk on. Keep your energy up." Turning next to Rolith he pointed out toward a small clearing in the brush. "Through there is an open area of the forest. We'll be easy to spot by the bees, but most of them are most likely checking where we just were. We shouldn't have any issue if we make it through there quickly. You'll see a specific tree with a large hole about two man high on it. We dash along the tree line to it, and make it through either side of that tree and we'll be on the home stretch. After that I have a general idea of how we'll be able to confront him."

Nodding Rolith picked his hammer up and over his shoulder. "Lead the way. But I'm keeping my eye on you."

Without a word, and a simple nod, Howakhan took the lead once more. Getting himself up to brush that lead into the opening. It wasn't too large, only about 20 or so yard in diameter. Pointing out the tree that they wanted to get to before showing the better spots to step on before nodding to them, and with a simple "Let's move" before dashing out ahead of them. Running along the tree line, being careful to step near the roots but not too close as to prevent tripping as he headed out first. Watching his back primarily to make sure Daisuke was doing okay.

Daisuke sat there with his head hung low until he was interrupted by Howakhan who had returned and gave them the plan from here on out. "I-I don't know if I can do this Howakhan but i'm going to try." Daisuke spoke in a discouraging voice as he felt like like he had lost his composure that he once prided himself on. Taking a few deep breaths he soon got up and joined Rolith and Howakhan as they plan the next move to maneuver across the forest without fighting the bees. First Howakhan went first followed by Rolith. Daisuke stayed low and quickly made his way behind them the buzzing noise filled the air like dangerous gas.

Keeping close to the roots Daisuke stepped quickly making his way to the tree looking around at all the bees then at Howakhan who proceeded to go forward. Looking around again Daisuke started to notice more dead bees, all smashed up and signs of a fight scratches on the trees and crushed bushes were visible the further they went. "We have to be getting closer. I think these bees are also looking for the bandit leader it looks like he's doing a number on their workers." Daisuke said from his observance of the area almost getting wrapped up in the evidence he was finding Daisuke soon caught attention as the buzzing noise had snapped him out of his thought and turned around swinging the sword as he quickly turned around slashing the blade across the face of the bee that was seconds away from stabbing him with itself stinger.

"Survival instinct..." Howalhan spoke under his breath as Daisuke managed to take his single swing that put the bee out of its servitude. His eyes glinted heavily as he stopped at the edge of the tree to let Rolith through, and help pull Daisuke through once he had gotten back on his own track. He was willing to be the last through here simply because there wouldn't be as many trying to chase them onward. Dwindling numbers, and increasing threat. Survival would kick in soon, they wouldn't stick around long. His eyes darted by and by as he looked at the many trees that were slowly growing still. Sure, there were still a number of bees of in the area buzzing around but they did seem to be growing more docile. It was getting later in the day anyways, and it was about time for them to report back with the queen about their findings and get ready for the next day. It was in that thought that Howakhan looked up at the top of the trees. The light was no longer filtering through as heavily as it was before, and it was a different colour, much duller and almost an orangish. Sunset was already beginning to fall. "Daisuke, hurry it up! They're falling off, you'll be fine."

Rolith behind was already starting to move forward, finding a slightly safer spot to look on as he walked down was he could at this point tell was a made out path that had been traveled plenty of times before. His mace dragging instead of on his shoulder this time, and his eyes jotting about as he looked for anymore clues. That was right about when he noticed they were slighter higher up, and there was a more beaten path on an area below. His head turning back to Howakhan as he realized that this was an assassins path. Meant for ambushing travelers, or messengers having to make their way through this forest. His thoughts beginning to change as he no longer knew if he was traveling in safety or not.

Trying to pull his own weight Daisuke ran and tread carefully through the deep forest the only sounds he could hear were buzzing noises along with his own breath and the chinking sound of his armored clad footwear. It seemed as if they were running for hours before the threat got more quieter with the distance they were putting between the bees. Catching up to Rolith he finally caught his breath hunching over to deeply exhale and inhale. the buzzing noises were back to silent and the relief was setting in that they were safe for at least now. Howakhan soon caught up Daisuke gave him an assuring look that he was fine.

Looking onward to the path ahead of them it was darker than before. The effects of the sun setting gave the forest a depressing tone as the tall trees cover most of the sky above them so the group did not get a nice sunset to walk with. The trees wore marks of slashes and damaged bark. Making his own observation at the scenery they were in Daisuke couldn't tell what could have caused this part of forest to feel different then the entrance, perhaps this forest had secrets that are kept deep in forest. Thinking back to Howakhan's word Daisuke wondered if anyone else heard them when he spoke of something else that lurks here worser than bees. What could he have meant by that and did he dare ask him now shifting his eyes over at Howakhan who was occupied with his own focus, deciding not to speak Daisuke stayed on guard clutching the hilt of the sword tightly as they moved forward along the sketchy path.

"Rogue do you see any sign of the bandit?" Rolith asked continuing to walk at a steady past followed by his heavy dragging hammer.

"Oh yeah, I see plenty of signs of him. I've got a pretty good idea of where he'll be too. Looks like he wants to make it through here before midsky moon.. I can't blame him." Howakhan spoke as he looked down on the main road to get an idea of how badly the corpses had been scattered. There were several old skeletons, mostly broken and damaged, and a few fresh bee corpses lying about. Kneeling down he pressed his ear to the ground, and closed his eyes in wait. It was a solid half minute at least before he lifted back up and looked around them. He was eyeing the trees rather intently before returning his gaze to Daisuke and Rolith and taking a deep breath. "I think it would be best to split into a different direction and make it through this forest before we encounter him. We'll be able to cut him off if we rush through and make a dash along the outer line."

"Why the sudden change of plans?" Rolith spoke up, getting his other hand on his hammer. The obvious distrust written on his face as he made an eye to be ready to strike. "Trying to use me to make it through the forest than escape?"

Howakhan didn't bother to argue or defend himself really. He took a step to one of the trees and looked directly up at the tree tops for a few more seconds before pointing upward. Rolith, still in position to strike, did look up. Not certain what he was looking for at first, but soon his hammer hit the ground as his grip loosened and he saw just why Howakhan wanted to get out of the forest. The trees themselves seemed to be moving. But it wasn't quite plantlife, no, above there was an intricately woven shimmering thread above them. Stringing, pulling, being walked along by what seemed like block dots. "Are those.. spiders?" Rolith finally asked as he watched the increase in activity slowly starting to begin.

"No. But they're similar. They're life leeches. Spider like plant creatures that are about as big as we are. They come down at night to drain the fluids and flesh of anything dead on the ground, or that doesn't flee from them. They're not smart, but they're effective. They only do portions of the forest at a time, but considering how much commotion we had today, I'd assume it's this part that they'll scavenge in. We need to get out of here, now."

"Right.. understood."

Turning back to Daisuke Howakhan pressed his hand flat to his chest and gave him one of the more intent looks he could have at that time. "No need for stealth, no need for fear. I'm going the fastest route out of here. Keep up, and keep strong." Before quickly turning around and starting to make a hard dash forward. He wasn't really running all too quickly, but he wasn't being slow. Enough that Rolith was keeping up quite well, and being in front the amount of brush he had to move out of the way was helping to slow him down. Having to make a few ducks every now and then for a stray vine, or the occasional small bee that was still straggling. Nothing too serious really made an issue, but it obvious he was being careless by the amount of red lines that were beginning to show on his arms. Thorns, and bark that were sharp or coarse enough to scratch him as he pushed through. Clearing, and showing the path for Rolith and Daisuke to make it through before he did finally speed up. The light filtering through starting to grow as they got near the edge of the forest. The trees themselves seemingly closing in on them as the sound of clattering wood began to fill the night. The creatures beginning to work their ways down the trees as Howakhan made it to the edge. Jumping out feet first and hitting the ground with a skid, coming to a halt he went to stand but seemed to lose foot. Falling back onto his ass and rolling a couple times from the momentum before finally stopping and coming to a rest.

Rolith soon to follow, barreling through like a rhinoceros, breaking what bit of thick wood was in his way as his armour tore through the weaker substance. Slowing to a halt once he was out and letting out a deep huff as he composed himself. Letting his hammer fall to the ground as he looked over toward Howakhan who was at this point laid on his back sprawled out breathing heavily. Trying to catch his breath as he opened one eye and looked toward the forest to make sure everyone had gotten out safely.

Daisuke listened to Howakhan and Rolith converse about the bandit's whereabouts. The dead forest continued to give off its uneasy feeling the further they went until Howakhan stopped and turned to look at Daisuke after telling him and Rolith they would have to make it out this part of the forest fast. Looking up to see the moving black dots Daisuke was startled when the word spiders were brought up. Howakhan letting them know that it was something like spiders made Daisuke feel not so scared but at the same time even more terrified.

He nodded at Howakhan's word "Keep strong" Daisuke said to himself in his head as Howakhan took off then Rolith followed behind. Clutching his sword Daisuke dashed the twigs breaking beneath his feet and his breathing were the only sounds he was hearding again watching Rolith's back as he and Howakhan created a path for them to run. As they all rushed for the light at the end of forest Howakhan had jumped and he was gone along with Rolith who had finally arrived. Now and it felt like just Daisuke and the forest. already seeing what way they took and almost being out himself Daisuke didn't give up his speed as he pushed his leg muscles to keep going just as he was ready to jump straight out he was suddenly side tackled by a giant worker bee that darted out from the bushes causing him to smack the ground.

The impact shook the ground a little along with a tree that his head had bumped into and began falling down were a few of the baby life leeches. Rushing to scraped them off his his sword the giant bee buzz aggressively as it charged straight for Daisuke, quickly rising to his feet and taking off in a different direction he lead the bee on a small chase Daisuke's anxiety of the forest and the threat started to overcome him but he kept Howakhan's words in mind and suddenly turned around and positioned his blade into a stabbing position as he ran for the bee head on and impaled it violently in its chest area pinning the bee to a nearby tree. As it stopped moving Daisuke let out a breath and looked up at the black dots that started to grow impatient. Sheathing the sword he continued to run the path to the end of the forest as the light emitting at the end got brighter he leaped out landing on a soft grassy ground. He laid there catching his breath and looked up to see Howakhan and Rolith in a different spot than he had came out.

"Well at least I made it out." He said continuing to control his breathing as he stood up to check himself of any new injuries.

Hearing the sudden noise from the side Howakhan turned his head to see what the issue was. A little confused to see it was Daisuke, but rather relieved at the same time. Whistling out to let him know where they were as he caught his breath. Slowly attempting to stand up Howakhan soon found himself gripping at his knees for a little support. Shaking somewhat as he stood, and made his best attempt to relax and find better strength. Still barely able to keep on his feet. 'Shit.. I need a break.. I pushed myself too hard..' he thought to himself as he took in a deep breath as pushed to stand up fully. Leaning back and letting it out as he did his best to come back from the setting fatigue. Looking back at Rolith he nudged his head toward Daisuke, not quite able to speak just yet as his hands moved down to his ribs. 'Not broken, but they're definitely fractured...' he groaned under his breath to himself as he did his best to simply stay on his feet for the time being.

"Over here warrior!" Rolith called out in a louder voice. Turning to face him after he noticed him in the distance from Howakhan's notion. Raising one hand to give a motion of where they were to make it a bit easier to spot as he waited for Daisuke to catch back up. "How did you wind up over there? Are you really incapable of following behind your allies?" He asked in a rather condescending tone as he looked Daisuke up and down. "You are a bit scrawny.. I could believe you fell behind." Folding his arms over his chest he scoffed and turned back to Howakhan who was just now starting to regain his composure. Shaking his head he shrugged and grabbed up his hammer once more, letting it land firmly over his shoulder. "The two of you need some more work. I'm impressed by your capability, but without refinement, neither of you will ever make it far.. Now, where is that bandit? We need to capture him still."

Pointing to the side Howakhan let out a groaning noise as he spoke. "That way.. about three hundred meters." His arm barely staying up as he looked to Daisuke. The second Rolith had made his pass Howakhan moved toward Daisuke and planted his hand firmly on his shoulder. Letting out a puff before half collapsing, and catching himself on Daisuke's armour. "I can't walk... Mind if I borrow your strength for a little?"

Making his way over to Howakhan and Rolith he regained his breath and composure as he did so. Hearing the words of Rolith Daisuke lowered his head a bit in shame. Usually he would have a comeback to defend himself but this time he knew Rolith was being all too true so Daisuke didn't entertain an argument. As Rolith went on to investigate the area Daisuke soon joined him but not before Feeling the hand of Howakhan upon his armored shoulder plate. Giving a nod in return Daisuke tried to forget about Rolith's words and get back to the main task of finding and capturing the bandit leader. "Yeah c'mon we'll show this captain our real work." Daisuke insisted as he helped Howakhan stay on his feet and walked in the direction he had pointed the leader to be in. "I'd say he have at least 3 hours left before it really is night then we'll have another big problem on our hands, we can do this now." Exclaimed Daisuke.

Rolith lead the way, his hammer quietly following behind him followed by Daisuke who was focus on taking out the bandit leader and how he might go about it. The direction they went had good signs of bandit as fresh corpses of bees were scattered around. Killed horrifically Daisuke observed the dead bodies trying to get a clear thought on what the bandit was capable of and what kind of mood he was in judging from these killings. "These bees were only protecting their home yet he massacred them like they invaded his home hmm.." Looking down the distance Daisuke could see it a fire but it seemed controlled and there was more sets of small fires around it. "Down there.. is that fire lighting up an area?" He said in a normal tone voice talking to Rolith and Howakhan waiting to see if either would respond or saw the same light he was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.