Fables of Zeri (DJ9K & Raiotsu 1x1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking down at the two, now unconscious, males the massive knight settled his hammer on the ground and rested his hand on the pommel while thinking of what to do next. Of course, it wouldn't be long before a few other of the knights caught up to him, one in specific speaking up once he got there. "Captain Rolith, sir. The bandit leader, and the treasure are gone." The larger knight nodded his head once and lifted his hammer back up over his shoulder to get ready to start heading his way out, but not before turning to the knight that reported to him, and the few other that came with him. "Get these two loaded onto the prison cart. Send Sir Pent, Sir Ver, and Sir Berus out to search for the leader. Let them know not to come back until Sunrise if they don't find him."

"Yessir!" Each of the knights exclaimed as they got themselves around to his commands. Picking up both Howakhan, and Daisuke and tossing them over their metal clad shoulders. Carrying them away with very little care to their well being, out through the nearest exit of the burning camp and onward to a series of carriages, soldiers, and battle ready mounts. Tossing them onto one of the carriages that were barred and put together as a cage. There were a few other prisoners inside, ten in total with Daisuke and Howakhan being counted. Both of the knights remained there as watch after shutting the gate they used to open it, and playing the guards of that particular cart.

In the camp Rolith had begun to investigate through the embers to see what was going on. He wanted to get a good idea of where their leader could have gone. Looking over the field of how many of his men had been felled and how many of the togs were now gone, a sorrowful look filled his face. "Those two.. they're the only bandits from this camp that didn't surrender, or end up dead.. how many of these were by their hands?" He asked himself, leaning down to place his hand on the side of one of the togs. His eyes closed, and when he looked up he saw what was soon to be a wildfire if they didn't hurry up and get to controlling it. "No time to mourn.." He quickly stood and called more of his men over to work on getting anyone on fire put out, and work on building a circle of stone and dirt to prevent it from spreading any further.

At this point Howakhan has begun to wake. His eyes straining as they first opened, and his ears still ringing slightly from the blow to the head. One of his hands quickly reaching up to the sharp sting that still remained. Surprised to find that it wasn't bleeding, it seemed like it was just a very well placed blow. He was still laying there, recollecting everything that happened, and soon the hand moved down to his gut. Feeling along the tender area near his ribs to see if any were cracked, or broken. It felt like there may have been a fracture from the pain when he put pressure near the bottom ribs, but he couldn't feel anything too bad as he traced them. Of course, he knew there would be a massive bruise there, it was not a gentle hit. His eyes finally fully opened and began to focus on the several criminals around him. He couldn't recognize a single one of them. Ignoring the glares he worked on sitting himself up, looking over to find Daisuke, kind of happy to see that he was fine. Though his attention soon turned to the number of prisoner carts; no way they needed this many for that camp. They weren't that long back either, most of the men looked recently defeated. Did they hit both camps back to back? His eyes quickly found themselves on the number of knights, and soldiers around. "This is an army force... why would they bring an entire battalion for bandits?"

Hours later Daisuke awoken, slowly opening his eyes he started to regain conscious. The first thought was pain in the center of his face he slowly placed his hand on the center of his face near his nose and it came rushing back to him the memory of how he got there. The cladded elbow on the knight brought this pain and the swing from the hammer knocked him out. Trying to shake his head he knew he was defeated but still alive which was a calming thought to him. Laying there for a few more moments he soon looked up and worked on sitting up. His body was sore as if he just went through an intense workout. Looking around Daisuke was able to see more people who looked like prisoners. Some were sleep some were awake glaring at him, but also Howakhan was there trying to get himself together.

"It's you..where do you think were going?" Daisuke said making his way near Howakhan. He had a minor headache but he tried to forget about it thinking more about the location they might be going too. Daisuke thought maybe they were on there way to be executed or going to serve a life sentences for bandit affiliation and the murder of royal knights. It made Daisuke feel uneasy he tried to get a look but the carriage didn't show a lot of the outside, Daisuke tried to punch the wall but with little strength he couldn't do any damage. "Damnit.. and we didn't even get to find the bandit leader.. That guy owes us so much money..." He said in a quiet tone but was really thinking about the treasure and if the bandit ever got to go to the deal to get the treasure. "We gotta get out of here and find him." He added but that was easier said than done. Because now they were in the knight's territory.

Reactions: DJ9K
"Calm down swordsman." Howakhan quickly stated as he talked of escaping. Shifting himself over to him to place a hand on his shoulder to calm him, and pointing out toward the distance where the, for lack of a better term, army was gathered and waiting. He knelt down a bit as to reduce the back strain from the low ceiling of the prison cart. He pointed out between each of the minor groupings and how many different carts there were in the area. "They came here ready to fight a war. Even if we get out of this cage we're dead. There's no chance we'll escape all of these men. Lay low, let them get us traveling down and we'll figure out if we an escape from there. Try to think of something along the way. Until then, I suggest you get comfortable and rest. I think it would be a good idea to let our bodies heal some before we try anything risky." He quickly turned back around, getting himself back near the center and laying out on his back. "So, tell me swordsman, what's your name?"

Back at the camp Rolith and the group of men had begun to get the fires under control, taking up most of the day, and finally headed their ways back. There were only a few embers, and the mass of smoke had reduced greatly, though there were still a few streams of it raising, though ultimately nothing that would cause too many issues or a wild fire. One the way back Rolith found himself looking back, still trying to figure out just where the leader could have gotten off to. Of course, with three of his best knights on the search he was certain they'd come back with good news. Turning back he headed on his way, getting back to the temporary checkpoint to signal his men that they'd be headed out back to the main camp. Most of them quick to get into gear, though some of them had to take a few seconds to get around. No army was competent all around, after all. Of course, Rolith took no time for a break of his own, getting toward the front of the lead parties and preparing to head out. Raising his hand up he gave them all a single command. "Back to camp, bring the prisoners. We we wait for the search party before leaving."

Howakhan's voice quickly froze Daisuke in place followed by his hand placed on his shoulder. He listened to what he said, looking around at all the knights on horses and walking along with togs that weren't slaughtered. His body was weak and he had no choice but to accept what Howakhan said and wait. distancing himself away from the wall a bit and he sat Indian style near Howakhan quiet for a bit still feeling defeated Daisuke sat there trying not to think of the current situation until he heard Howakhan speak again.

"My name is Daisuke, and once before I was trying to train to become a knight for King Alteon." Daisuke said speaking loudly enough for Howakhan to hear. Looking down he folded his hands together, "Since I was a boy I have been training but I never got to live a normal life because of it. I do not know my parents but i'm sure I have them alive or not. Until recently I've developed my own mind and way of thinking I have been researching and come across some things that interests me, power. Daisuke put his hand on the bridge of his nose as the pain from the hit started to ache. "I stumbled upon something called a Dragon Amulet. It's a rare amulet that grants the wearer the ability to speak in the language of dragons. and even more, I am on the search for one and my purpose for being here is a part of that.

Daisuke said then ran his fingers through his hair and took a quiet deep breath. He never got to talk to people about his past or goals so it felt a bit refreshing to state that so he could remind himself of what he was doing again.

"It's nice to meet you."

Laying there rather winded Howakhan listened to all that Daisuke had to say. Ex-knight in training eh? Talk about an unlikely scenario for these two to be partnering up. Though, once he gave out his greeting the redheaded rogue turned his head over to him - noticing the obvious glares of the other prisoners within the cart they were all trapped in. Sure, they may not have heard 'everything' but a few of them could catch some glimpse of 'knight' off his lips. "Nice t' meet ya, Daisuke. Name's Howakhan. Run of th' mill rogue, but not quite a thief. Though, I wouldn't say I couldn't be if needed." He soon added in with a heavy smirk, a glint within his eye as he looked over to Daisuke. "Say, if we came 'cross some specific bandit with, oh I don' know, some special item t' take." He added in with a an obvious sign to what he was talking about. Though, he was quickly cut off by a shaking of the wagon as the leading horses began to move.

They weren't too far in the front, in fact, they were closer to the back. However, looking around, there were too many behind them to make a break for it during the line process. Yet, they weren't quite leaving just yet, it looked more like a line-up process to get them ready for it. Rolith getting on his leading horse as the knights got themselves ready and the togs all got in their lines. "Looks like we'll have t' wait 'til we're at their camp t' make a get a way." Howakhan soon added in as the line seemed to begin moving. One by one the carts starting up, and the guards moving with it.

As the carts began to line up Daisuke went silent nodding at what Howakhan said last before being cut off. Daisuke went back to thinking of their fate when they would arrive at the camp. He looked in front trying to see if he could spot anything, it was just the knights working as usual some of the other carts were quiet some carts were loud with knights hitting the prisoners inside to quiet down. Daisuke didn't know what to feel especially once being a knight now a prisoner would look terrible on him. But this was the consequence he knew that could happen along the way.

Soon Daisuke was able to hear other prisoners conversations within the cart, "What do you think is gonna happen to us?" Said one man not sitting far from Daisuke talking to a few other men. "Relax we didn't kill anyone so worst is they'll probably throw us in a cell for some days." Replied one man leaning back on the wall of the cart putting his hand behind his back."Easy for you to say, I kill a tog and I didn't even mean to but it was going to gnaw my face off.. You can get death for even killing one of those things!" Another man sitting with them explained as his eye started to fill with fear. "Calm down once we stop Rolith will decide what becomes of us, i'm pretty sure all of us won't get executed they raided us as if they were looking for specific people chances are none of us are on that list." Said a man among the others trying to end the discussion as they all set their eyes on him then looked around at everyone else in the cart becoming quiet wondering what was the real answer.

"Hopefully it won't be much trouble to get a way." Daisuke said to Howakhan turning his attention back to him. Taking a look at all the knights surrounding other carts Daisuke lean back over to Howakhan to speak quietly. "What are our chances of talking our way out with these knights?"

"I was thinking the same thing, actually. It's a great choice of action." Howakhan quickly answered back. "We weren't slain on spot, which means they either think we have information, or some other kind of use. I'm trying to think of what we can do right now.. but I'm sure once I think something up, we have an almost guarantee that we can get out of here." He reassured Daisuke, though behind those confident words his eyes still showed worry. He hadn't come up with anything yet, and it was an issue to him - a flaw to that plan. Without a way to talk their way out, the plan was at an automatic failure. Of course, he could probably get himself out.. leave Daisuke there. He didn't have to help him escape too. Hell, with that being the case, he could break them out now, and have the other captives and Daisuke take the fall for him.

The thought made his eyes scurry around the other bandits in the cart with him. They were all beaten, but healthy. His lips began to curl into a tight smirk, and his focus shifted to the poorly secured door. Checking his shoes, his rogue tools were still there, so he could easily pick the lock. He than shifted focus back to Daisuke to check his status as well - Yet, in that moment he let out a small breath. His head slowly slumped, and he eventually let out the full sigh. He couldn't do it, it wouldn't be an acceptable thing for him and his personal values. No, they were already like comrades in this situation - He could never betray a comrade, or an ally. A man who never went back on his own, and never went back on his word. He closed his eyes and steadied himself in a minor trance-like state, almost a meditative state as his mind began to work at speed.

'Search party'. That's right, Rolith said something about a search party. They must be searching for the bandit leader who escaped. They have no leads, he had a large head start. The party was likely knights, their armour would slow them down compared to thief leathers. No way they're going to find him. That back wall, it wasn't burning, it was the easiest escape.. there was a ladder.. the value of the object is high, it'll sell no matter what. He'd stay near trade lines, he'd head for another camp.. the next closest camp is... His body seemed to tend up as he began to retrace the woods, and paths he had taken in his few years traveling that area. He was trying to first think of where the bandit leader likely began down, and what would be the best way to find him. The fastest path to catch up, and best way to cut him off while flanking him. - He had begun to play chess in his mind with the surrounding area.

"I got it!" He eventually stated in a rather upbeat, and louder voice. Every other bandit, both the guards, and a few of the surrounding carts guards turning to look at him. His eyes slowly opening with a glint, and his lips curling into a tall crooked grin. He leaned forward closer to Daisuke to speak quieter, his voice a bit raspy from the way he attempted to keep it down. "Tell me, have you heard of the honey-comb forest?"

Howakhan's voice filled the cart as everyone had turn to look at him. Daisuke kept his head down and kept his eyes off of Howakhan till everyone went back to doing what they were originally doing. Rubbing his eyes he was soon interrupted by Howakhan who spoke in a quiet manner. "Yes I have, but i'm not familiar with layout I was only there a few times.. Do you think it could be essential right now?" Daisuke replied in a quiet voice back. As the ride to the camp continued on knights in horse began to position themselves on each side of the carts as one knight in front of the others clear his throat and raise his hand to get the other knights attention.

"All knights remain close to the carts as we approach the camp and get ready for orders on the search party captain Rolith is assembling." Shouted the knight as more knights began to find spots around the carts, some pointing their swords at the prisoners that tried to slip their hands through the openings of the cart. Soon a cart in front of the one Daisuke and Howakhan was on a loud yell could be heard. a guard had severed a hand of a man that got his hand through the opening and near the lock.

"Do it again and you'll be handless." The knight muttered to the man before returning to walk along side the cart as the man squirm around at the blood gushing outta his missing hand. the other prisoners steered clear of him as the blood started to a make a mess that no one wanted on their hands. Other knights watched as prisoners who could see the cart watched in fear and disgust which lowered their morale of what could happen to them.

Howakhan's eyes shot to the cart for only a second before taking advantage of the distraction to let Daisuke in on what he realized without anyone eavesdropping. Placing a hand to his shoulder to get his attention first before starting to speak. "There's a bandit camp out just a little while beyond there. It's about a two day travel by foot due to the amount of beasts, and the giant bees in that area. I'm certain that asshole went through there." He began, leaning down starting to mess with his shoe to make sure everything was still in place. Of course, like usual, it was. It wouldn't be hard to escape shackles with the picks in there if they shackled them for them to lead the way. "There's no way in hell knights are catching up to a thief in these woods, so when that search party that the one guy spoke about returns I'm going to get his attention. Let me do the talking, I'll convince him to let us lead them to where I think he is. We should be able to get back at him for running on us, and make an escape. What say you?"

At just about that time the bandit who had his hand cut clean off had finally passed out. The blood loss rather drastic, but it seemed it was treated fast enough to not be fatal. Howakhan took that as a note to stop explaining his escape plan, he didn't want any of the other bandits to try and get in on it. Leaning back, and starting to look about to see if he could tell the ranks from one another. If there were any clear signs of a pecking order among them, or if they were all simply too similar. Other than Rolith of course, who had a much fancier suit of armour, everyone else seemed to be wearing the same armour. No trimming difference, most of the same types of weapons. It would be hard to figure out who to bug to get the attention he needed.

Daisuke nodded and listened to Howakhan's plan, looking around he wondered if it was possible to pull off. Once Howakhan had finished and returned to silence Daisuke sat there and thought about his plan it sound reasonable all they needed now was to make the first move which would prove difficult. All the attention was at the cart of the men with the sliced off hand, His screams had stop but anxiety and fear sprouted among the other prisoners as they raised their voice but soon quickly silence by the mace that struck up against the bars of the cart by a knight guarding near them. "If you all won't quiet down we'll blow this entire cart right here and say we just had trouble on the way back." All the prisoners fell quiet as the journey continued.

Daisuke said nothing as the cart kept rolling along he had put his faith in Howakhan's plan and would follow him when it was time to act. Soon another group could be heard joining the convoy from behind. A set of knights some on horses some walking beside. a man dressed in the usual suit of pactgonal armor with no helmet made his way near the front of the group where Rolith and the others. Daisuke getting a glimpse at the man quickly alerted Howakhan. "That guy.. wasn't he the one that was assigned to the search party?" Daisuke said quiet enough for Howakhan to hear as the man passed them by on horseback. Making his way near Rolith's horse the man nodded in respect for Rolith. "Commander, the bandit leader was not in the vicinity of these woods, perhaps he's gained further distance then we imagined."

Howakhan had waited a few moments before acting. Trying to get it through his head quickly now. He couldn't think it through but, what he could do was get over. 'Act. Just act right now. Don't you dare hesitate.' He chastised himself momentarily as he found himself unable to just speak up. "Understood. We'll gather up a search par-" Rolith had begun when Howakhan stood up and screamed at the top of his lungs. "Oh? So you'd rather just blow the carts up? Typical swine! Thinking every other person is below them!" The shouting getting the attention of most of the carts, and for a split moment even Rolith's, cutting him off mid sentence. One of the knights swinging their sword around and hitting the bars of the cart. "Quiet prisoner! You have no right to-" the knight had begun when Howakhan acted up once more. "I have EVERY right to do WHATEVER I want. You're just mad because I could do your job better than you! I bet you didn't even get the head leader! HAH! I could catch him in under three days!" The yelling finally getting the attention of Rolith as he screamed that out. The knight rearing back for a stab at Howakhan through the bars, of course Rolith soon stopped him.

"What's this I hear about attempting to kill prisoners before they stand trial?" He asked as he trudged over rather lazily. His massive hammer dragging on the ground behind him the whole way. The guarding knight freezing in place, and slowly lowering his sword. "Let me remind you that it is by these men that we set the example to prevent others from taking up their place." He stated as he stared down each of the men there. Catching glimpse of the ones who had taken the one bandits hand off. "I'll have none of them dead before we put them to trial, am I understood?"

"Sir!" Each knight called out, getting back into position as best they could, avoiding anymore communication between them and the prisoners.

"As for you.." He began up once more, turning to face Howakhan. "That's a mighty bold statement. You think we can't catch him?"

"I know you can't. You're empty handed now, and if you give long enough for you to get a another search party together, he'll be long gone and under protection. You have to act now if you want any chance of catching up to him. Above that, you lot in your armour will be far too slow with the route I'm sure he took."

"So, you think you can catch him? Three days is an awful long time there."

"Oh? Tomorrow, by dusk. I'll put my life on the line that I can have him in your custody by tomorrow, at dusk."

"Are you offering to aid us? Or trying to strike a bargain?"

"..... Both." He answered looking back into the cart. "I'll need one other man from this cart. We'll get you that bandit leader, dead or alive, your choice, and we will have in your custody before night falls tomorrow. In exchange, we get 6 months parole freedom under the custody of the pentagonal knights."

Rolith had stopped in place, placing his mace before him and resting his hand on top of it. His deep blue eyes staring the rogue deep with contemplation before tilting a bit to look into the cart. "I remember you. You were the only two still standing at his camp. What are your loyalties to that man?"

"We were hired hands, and nothing more. We assumed it would be a few knights here and there at worst, not a full front attack. Than he ran in the middle of the battle. We have no loyalties to this man anymore, and honestly I want to pay him back for leaving us for dead."

Rolith stopped once more in deep contemplation before lifting his hammer up and over his shoulder. "Pick your one man, I'll be joining you two on this endeavor." He than walked off to get the men ready, letting them all know to continue to the keep, and that if any 'accidents' were to happen, the knights in charge of that cart would be help responsible. Howakhan let out a deep breath of relief as Rolith finally agreed. He knew it would be one way of taking advantage of things. Turning on heel he looked at Daisuke and gave him a nod. "Let's go." Being what bit he had to say before getting to the gate and looking at the guards. "You heard the captain. Daisuke here, and myself, are free to join him." His words getting begrudging reactions as they opened the door a bit, Howakhan taking advantage and getting himself out quickly, turning to wait on Daisuke as a couple of the bandits attempting to make a break for it.

As the knights talked Howakhan soon shouted out from the cart. Daisuke's eyes widened as everything went silent for a moment the other prisoners and guards looked at Howakhan. Daisuke said nothing as he looked down in a bit of shyness. One knight approached their cart and swung their sword at the bar angrily. As him and Howakhan went back and forth yelling Rolith made his way over as the yelling died down and it became silent for a moment once again. Calming the knight down he turned to Howakhan who began to bargain with Rolith.

Daisuke continued to be quiet as Howakhan did the talking, he started to notice that Howakhan had a way with words and bargaining was another thing he was good at remembering the deal with the bandit leader earlier. Rolith decided to let them take on finding the bandit leader but the condition was that he himself was going to supervise. After Rolith had took his leave to regroup with his men the other knights were ordered to let Howakhan and Daisuke free. As they opened the door to the cart Howakhan made his way out and signal for Daisuke to follow. Making his way out of the cart he was pushed by two other prisoners that tried to hurry up and make an escape but were stopped by knights that pointed their swords at them.

"Stop right there!" Said one of the knights as they pressed the tip of the blade against the neck of one of the bandits, "don't try anything, get back in there until we get to camp. " He said as other knights came to chain up the prisoners that tried to escape.

"Do you really think we have a chance of finding him?" Whispered Daisuke to Howakhan not wanting the other knights to hear but at the same time wanted confirmation from Howakhan that they had a chance of caughting up with him. "He could be heading to Falconreach right now for all we know."

Looking down at his tattered armor Daisuke thought to himself how he would need some new armor soon or a blacksmith to repair his current one. "Those damn togs did a number on my weapons and armor.."

Howakhan walked a little distance with Daisuke before really replying. Making sure there was a small distance between them and the nearest prison cart to start talking. "I'm certain. It'll be a little tough, but it'll work. I have a fairly good idea of where he went based on the safest place in the camp when everything broke loose. It's the same place I was thinking of fleeing to escape. He'll be caught in the honey-comb forest tomorrow. I can get us there before sundown, and I know an alternative route through it, which means we'll catch up to him by tomorrow.. I hope. If not we'll have to rush another small bandit camp." He explained as he leaned a little toward Daisuke to reduce the distance and volume of his words. Checking his sides for his kodachi which were at the moment missing. He would probably have to talk to Rolith about them. "I can understand that. I want my Kodachi back.. they got knocked out of my hands when that one with the hammer got me in the gut. I'll have to see if they confiscated them or left them. But for now, let's get up to Rolith to start our move."

Getting up more to the head of the camp Howakhan caught view of Rolith once more and took a little more spring to his step as he aimed to get closer to him. Calling out once to get his attention now that they were there, Rolith turned only his head and shot a sharp look in their direction. The knight he was speaking to placing his hand on his weapon and readying for anything that may happen. Though, of course, with them being unarmed Rolith held his hand up and went back to talking. Howakhan stopped only but a couple yards away and waited. Fiddling with the half staff length scabbard that sat on his back as he looked over to Daisuke. "You got any questions for him before we get started? Or should we just head our way when he's ready?" He spoke much more audibly this time, almost aggressively so. It was as if he was trying to rush things, or perhaps get Rolith on edge. "Like, I got one! Who the hell is this guy anyways? Does he have a name? Or maybe a title?"

"His name is Captain Rolith swine, and you will be respectful when around him!" One of the knights near them spoke up, drawing his blade and placing it at Howakhan's head. A slight glint shooting through his eyes as he thought about it, though he quickly calmed down.

"Sir Vey! Calm yourself! They're useful to us." Rolith spoke up as he turned to face the two of them. "Your words won't get me worked up, rogue. I'm preparing the troop to move to Oaklore to set up the trial, and sentence. I'll be with you afterwards."

"No, you'll be with us now, and we'll leave within a few moments. Unless you want that honourless pig to get away. Or, if you have horses for us to use for a portion of the journey."

"Pardon me? Are you giving me an order? I am in charge of your freedom right now, rogue. You may want to be a little more respectful."

"It's not disrespect, Captain. It's sternness in letting you know that you're going to cause a lot more trouble for yourself, your troop, and us if we don't hurry."

"What do you mean? In fact, I'm not even sure if I understand what your plan is. Explain yourself."

"Honey-comb forest. Does that bring up any memories?"

"Of course. It's where the queen monster bee lives, and where the great hive is. It's a thick dangerous forest that is difficult to travel."

"That's where he'll be headed through. We can cut him off if we leave now, I know an easy way through. If we wait too much longer he may get ahead of us enough that he'll be able to get to a new safe haven. So, we need to leave."

"I understand what you're saying.. but I can't just not prepare my men properly. I won't risk their safety for the capture of one man." Rolith turned his head to Sir Vey who was still next to them and waved his hand once. "Prepare us some horses, and a riding partner for each. We'll use them to get part way."

"Yes sir!" Sir Vey quickly replied before running off to find them their rides.

"I'll be back with you soon. The two of you should prepare."

Howakhan soon sighed out in relief and looked back to Daisuke with a tall grin. "Looks like it worked! So, what do you wanna get done before we leave?"

Taking Howakhan's words in Daisuke thought about the place he mentioned, Honey-comb forest. It sounded stupid but actually made sense to get away quick and to make sure no one could follow easy. Daisuke didn't have a fear for bees but he chocked at the idea of charging into a place such as that. Meeting up with captain Rolith Howakhan took the lead again trying to provoke the man. Daisuke watched in a bit of alertness as the tension of the knights shot up when Howakhan purposely tried to disrespect the man. Soon and with a turn of events Howakhan had persuaded captain Rolith to let them leave sooner.

A breath of relief escaped Daisuke's lips as Howakhan turned to him with a tall grin, this man was something else. "We should prepare for the chase and the battle just in case there is one I don't think he's going without a fight." Daisuke said to Howakhan and looked around for a cart that held the most weapons. "We'll atleast need temporary weapons and something for the stings that might occur." He added and signaled for Howakhan to follow him as he thought he found the closes thing to a weapon inventory or blacksmith.

"Please if you would be so kindly to lend me a sword sir you guys kinda confiscated my broken one anyway." Said Daisuke approaching a knight that was lending against a crate where broadswords and spears could be seen all junk in with eachother. "Don't make me regret this." Said the knight as he stood up straight then proceeded to pull a simple iron long sword. Handling the sword by the hilt he handed it over to Daisuke, looking at the sword Daisuke gripped it tightly in his hands then lowered it and attached it to his hip.

"What should we do about your weapon Howakhan?" Daisuke said as he made sure the sword was safely attached to his hip walking away from the knight by the crate he began to lower his voice "Want to look around for your weapons before heading off? We can discuss the plan on the way to the forest so there's always time for that."

Following up behind Daisuke Howakhan was slow and lagged just a bit as he looked abound. Of course, it wouldn't take long for him to catch up once Daisuke stopped to talk and procure a new sword. Walking up behind them, and looking through the weapons slowly he'd come to quickly realize they had nothing he could use. It was all simply too heavy for his taste in combat. He rose his hand to his chin and slowly ran his fingers along his jawline as he thought about it. Looking throughout the camp he seemed to chew on his inner lip a bit as he thought about things. 'The chances they actually bothered to grab them were slim, and it would just waste time. Perhaps Rolith would let me run by the camp real quick to grab them? Nah, there's no chance he'd trust me to go alone and it would just be a delay in earning back freedom... what to do..' He eventually sighed out and rose a hand to wave it a little as he dismissed the thought of finding his kodachi. "I think it'll be fine. I'll be able to live without an immediate weapon. I'll just be the tracker and come up with a plan of attack to reduce struggle on the way." He finally answered as he turned to look back toward Rolith. "Besides.. that guy is insanely powerful. I don't think we'll need to fight much. He finished me in a single blow.."

As he spoke Sir Vey slowly began to track his way back to Rolith with two other knights, and three horses. It seemed they were ready to go. Simply waiting for Rolith's word. "I'll leave the fighting up to you. You seem to have some kind of magic in you anyways.. something I don't have. You'll be of more use to them in that aspect. I'll just do my best to support you."

"You're right.. the man with the hammer is on another level than these knights he's interesting." Daisuke replied to Howakhan watching captain Rolith and the other knights gather up and ready the horses. Accompanying the others Daisuke was soon giving the straps to the horse's harness by one of the knights as he prepared to get on the horse. It felt like a much higher view being on the horse Daisuke thought as he saddled himself on and look around, the feeling also felt like he was a knight for once making him feel at ease. But soon he thought of what Howakhan said earlier about the power that Daisuke showed when fighting the togs, he looked down at his hand remembering the blast that shot out. "I also hope you're right about this.." Daisuke murmured soft for the embarrassing truth was Daisuke did not know how to activate that power at will.

"All men assigned to this search operation we leave exactly after one last inventory inspection." Yelled captain Rolith as they prepared to break up with the main convoy and set out to find the bandit leader. the other knights that were to come finished packing everything they needed onto carrier wagons. "I hear honey-comb forest is starting to get so dangerous that they're thinking of canceling the research studies on the forest." Said Sir Gent packing his crossbow onto the horse before getting on. "They say a great evil is beginning to plague Zeri and the forest is just a victim of its power that's corrupting everything." Replied Sir Casm a knight that was already on his horse, his words had gotten attention from the other knights that looked in very interested yet worried look.

"The Honey-comb forest is just as dangerous as its always been. Its not a place for us to be anyway." Said Captain Rolith assuring and putting an end to the conversation regarding the forest. "Now let us set off and capture the leader before he gains the upper hand." He added before signaling with his hands that it was time to leave and may proceed with traveling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howakhan looked up at the horse and reached out, giving it a soft pet along its maw and around its nose before he even moved to get on. "A strong one you are. Allow me to burden you, if only for a little." He spoke in a soft voice, running his hand along its mane for a small while before finally hopping onto the back of the wild animal. He actually did so that forced the knight that would be riding with him to be in the back, and took hold of the reigns himself. "I'll be taking charge of this while we ride." He stated as he did. Of course the knight attempted to fight back, even getting ready to speak, though a sharp look shot him down as Howakhan spoke in a much lower, more aggressive tone. "You don't know the spot we need to go to. So shut up, and sit back. I am leading this." His words forcing Sir Vey to quiet down, and bite his tongue as he got into position to rest and relax for. Hardly giving any time for everyone to get around before patting the horses neck and giving it a small kick to its hinds. The horse giving a 'ney' before taking off ahead of everyone else. Howakhan's body shifting to stand a little as he let the horse go into a full run.

Of course, with that, the others would quickly follow behind. Rolith of the lot having a stern, slightly upset look on his face that Howakhan would just so abruptly take off. "Why did you take off so suddenly?" Rolith finally called out as him, and the horse with Daisuke caught up.

"Wasting time." His reply came out harsh. His look shooting to Daisuke who was at this point on the opposite side of him, with Rolith between them. "You good to go, Daisuke? Think that crappy sword will suffice? I know these knights have crappy gear."

The wind was full in their faces as they rode out off to the Honey-comb forest, Howakhan taking lead Daisuke kept quiet and tried to keep up with him his body jerked as the horse began to pick up speed. Daisuke had little horse back riding lessons when training to be a knight so it still felt new to navigate while riding a horse. The sound of breaking twigs and the clunks of the horse's hooves stamping among the dirt pathways of the forest was the only thing that could be heard until they finally caught up to Howakhan who seemed like a natural at this. Captain Rolith called out to Howakhan but Daisuke noticed how calmly Howakhan dismissed his question.

"I think it will do fine for now. If it goes south I will think of something else." Daisuke said to Howakhan in a loud enough tone to hear him over the sound of the horse ride. Soon the trees in the forest began to appear taller as they went deeper into the forest approaching the Honey-comb forest.

"I've never been to Honey-comb forest." Said Sir Casm finally catching up along with a few of the other knights.

"I been there a long time ago when I was a boy with my father. We tried to get a rare honey from the queen bee for my mother and it did not go well, my father almost lost his life trying to protect me while we escaped the raging bees." Sir Gent replying to his fellow knight recalled as he maintained a speed to keep up and talk.

"Where are we exactly going Howakhan?" Daisuke asked Howakhan referring to what he ment by the spot. As they went onward into Honey-comb forest the trees were so tall that they were beginning to block out sunlight which gave the forest a slight dark atmosphere.

"Men from this point on be on guard and ready for anything. You must put your fear aside and work to protect your fellow knights." Exclaimed Captain Rolith as he took center along with the other knights surrounding him in a coordinated formation as they followed Howakhan and Daisuke

Quietly a buzzing noise rang out all around the forest and could only be heard when it went dead silent, This was Honey-comb forest.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the noise began to ring up Howakhan made a quick veering to the left. The horse following easily since it itself knew where the danger was. He quickly took them westward toward a thicker area in the area in the trees before slowing to a stop. Making sure the others had caught up before getting himself down off his horse. The metal braced shoes he wore sinking a couple inches into the soft top soil that surrounded the trees, and he soon made his way toward them, waiting for Rolith and Daisuke to get off their horses to join him before getting on to showing them the easier way through. Pushing up a few sticks, and brush and slipping his way in through the thick trunks of the forest, and making sure to kick his feet on the roots to leave them a path just in case. After a little while though he did make it through the thickness and into a much more open area of the forest. Though it was very obviously off any form of a path. The bees were much quieter, and the sound was a little deeper. The main swarm of bees were a distance away, and he knew it. It was certainly safer, one of the few reasons it was quicker.

"You two keeping up?" He asked back toward the two of them. Already able to hear the horses starting to trot off back toward the camp with the spot riders. Howakhan simply turned back around the second he caught a glimpse of them and started off toward the exit he was certain they needed to head to. Keeping rather attentive of the area they were in as he watched around to make sure they weren't in any major immediate danger.

Rolith, who was rather use to roughing it through the the harsher areas didn't take long to catch up, even with his armour on. A soft 'thunk' hitting the ground as his hammer sunk in to it for him to take a small break while he waited for Daisuke to catch up. Howakhan simply looked over to him and rose a hand. Rolith, cutting him off, spoke on the moment; "So, how does this so called short cut of yours work?"

"We'll be going through the hive-line. There's a large amount of cleared, thin forest that they use for the larger worker giant bees. The ones that gather the meat for the larva. We can easily make it through this area if we're smart about it. We might have to fight off a bee or two, but it shouldn't be too difficult. They're not the sturdiest things, and easy to handle so long as they don't swarm."

"So, basically, you're taking us through a death trap."

"If I can handle this by myself, I think the Captain of the Pentagonal knights should be able to handle himself. Besides, I'm showing you secret passages that others don't use that will help you in future missions.. you should be grateful."

"We'll just see about that after we make it through this." Said captain Rolith replying to Howakhan as he followed behind him in a cautious manner. Daisuke was finally catching up getting off his horse he followed the foot steps of Howakhan this part of the forest was more quieter that made Daisuke become nervous. His movement seemed tame due to the soft soil that kept him from picking up a decent walking speed to catch up with Rolith and Howakhan. The other knights had caught up and followed behind Daisuke being careful their voices had lowered as they looked around their new surrounding

"Ready your swords boys I don't think this will be as easy as horseback riding." Whispered Sir Gent weapon already drawn he took his time not trying to make much noise as he accompanied the rest through the path Howakhan had told everyone about. The other knights sir Casm followed with sword in hand but a slight shook in his hands could tell his fear. Daisuke begun to unsheath the iron sword given to him he hoped it would work and that it wouldn't come down to him fighting.
A buzzing noise could be heard again as they kept walking so much this time it gave a slight vibration to the ground they walked on.

This made the knights even more cautious as no one said anything about the vibration yet around this time everyone had quietly noticed it. Finally catching up to Howakhan and Rolith Daisuke stayed behind him as the knights followed behind Daisuke and Rolith. The forest was really starting to lose its sunlight as the deeper they went the only source of light was coming from the very top of the trees were there was an opening for the sun's rays to shine down into the forest. It barely gave off light but made sure that the forest wasn't pitch black dark.

Soon sir Gent was quietly tapping on the shoulder of the nearest knight as he would point upwards there it was, well at least one a large flying worker bee it had the appearance of a regular bee but being larger than other you could see its features in the sunlight as it wings flap ridiculously fast. It appeared to be carrying something the other knights looked in awe and some in fear as they stayed quiet. Soon the worker bee as went into a large opening that looked like a way into the hive.

"I don't know about this Howakhan..." Expressed Daisuke in a nervous tone of voice as he leaned in to privately talk to Howakhan.

Status
Not open for further replies.