FABLE: The New Heroes

Baaaaaaah >O< my average score on the practice ACT was a 19.

That was random, but I was thinking that there could be an entire swarm of balverines. A pack bigger than any anyone has ever seen! And it's migrating towards the guild for some reason. Hmmm

sure...but uunia ignored direct interaction. i think Axel is gonna have a mental BF

I think that sounds like a good idea:) Maybe those that leave on the quest to fight off the Balverine sees the pack and realize they are heading for the guild?

>_> Are you guys planning what is going to happen? Aww why not go with the flow and see what happens?

Heeey, I'm gonna post a character here, once I'm finished writing him/her/it/them up. Just wanted to get my foot in the door, KTHXBAI! *fwooshes away*

@Construct- alright :D

@LadyRaimy- because I need to start setting up what that "big ominous threat" is xD I'm not telling you guys yet *evil laugh* but Balverines are just the beginning!

@PowerBass- Axel's too pretty to be having BFs, he should be allowed to do whatever he wants ^^ *more evil laughing*

@Elflady- Precisely what I was thinking! ^^ It has to be an UBERLY LARGE pack though, like a panic-mode size pack :O

Well it seems like Uunia wants me to go 'hunting' Balverines with him

Well go on *shoos Uunia and Elle away* go fight Balverines~

Okay, finally.
Probably should've shortened this first one, it's a bit 'wall of text'y. >_>;

Name: Marcus Garrett

Appearance: Marcus stands a towering six and half feet tall, roughly. His muscles are relatively thick and well defined (though not so much that he looks like he's been using steroids), and his skin is a tan color, mostly from working/ training outdoors. His brown hair is cropped short, as he prefers it to not get in the way, especially while he's fighting. He also has numerous scars across his body, with one in particular looking like it had once been a nasty gash running down his back. Though his appearance would normally make him look intimidating, his friendly demeanor does much to negate this, as he usually wears a warm smile on his face, and his light blue eyes portray an underlying softness behind his rugged exterior.

Personality: Despite his looks that make him appear to be rather… thuggish, he's a surprisingly mild-mannered soul. He may not always be the chattiest, but he'll always treat people with respect during a conversation, even if the same courtesy is not being returned to him. The only time he DOES tend to ramble on is when he's discussing an old story he read, or detailing the history of some ancient weapon/artifact/etc. that he'd recently studied up on.
He'll try to avoid getting into unnecessary conflicts whenever possible, but when he DOES wade into battle, he's like a man possessed. Swinging his massive great hammer around with unrelenting ferocity, he strikes down his foes with powerful rib-breaking, skull-crushing, leg-cracking blows. But when the fight's over, the crazy switch is flipped off, and he goes back to being a polite, well mannered gentleman.

Hero Type: Hero of Strength

Position: Hero-in-training

History: As a dweller of Mistpeak Valley, Marcus had a rather rough and simple upbringing. With his mother passing away from complications during his birth, and his father dying while hunting out in the wilds while he was very young, he's been alone most of his life, barring a few secondary relatives that looked after him in his early youth. And yet, even from an early age, he proved to be quite capable of taking care of himself, often getting lost in the wilderness for days and returning relatively unscathed. Many times he'd brave the dangers of Mistpeak just to visit the village of Brightwall, and more specifically, its library.
From the minute he was introduced to the world of literature, he had a love for reading and for books, and as such, he'd always find an excuse to stop by the village's library whenever he was in the area. When he wasn't helping out around the camp, he was deep within some dusty old tome or novel, living vicariously through the adventurers in those stories, and as he grew in age, so did his desire for a chance to experience the same kind of excitement in those tales for himself… and when representatives from the newly reformed Heroes' Guild approached him about being a potential member, he saw his opportunity.

Weapon or Spell preference: Marcus is proficient with nearly any melee weapon, but he favors a massive masterwork great hammer that he can swing around with ease. He also keeps a steel longsword in a sheath attached to his belt, along with a basic flintlock pistol in a holster on his side, though he'd personally only ever use it as a last resort, since Marcus prefers to get up close and personal with his foes (not to mention the fact that he's somewhat of a lackluster marksman).

------

Name: Evelyn Bennett

Appearance: Evelyn is a woman of average height, perhaps slightly on the short side. She has medium-length, straight red hair that falls just short of her shoulders, past her hazel eyes. She has fair skin that would probably burn in the sun, rather than tan. Generally, she'll be garbed in modest attire, nothing too fancy, but not too drab either.

Personality: Generally, she'll be polite to other people when interacting with them, though depending on the person's attitude it may end up being forced. Around people she's comfortable with she'll be a tad less formal, making light-hearted jokes and such. She also has a secret love for music, and when there's not much going on, or it's a slow day at the shop, she can be seen (or heard, rather) practicing her lute-playing skills.

History: Evelyn had a rather plain but comfortable upbringing. Her father, the owner of a small trading business, raised her solely by himself in Bowerstone, as he and her mother had split up only a few years into her childhood. Wanting her to one day take the reins of his company, he taught Evelyn everything she'd need to know about the business. Though being a merchant isn't really her dream, she's still nonetheless very knowledgeable in the area, and when her father made a deal with the newly formed Heroes' Guild to open a small store there, he saw it fit to have her run it personally. Not that SHE had any say in that...

I like Marcus already. >=D Maybe he'll come to Gauss ^^

right right....

Name: Lucas Kav

Appearance: Lucas is a tall, lanky young man with an acrobat's structure. With short blond hair and striking blue eyes, he isn't exactly a face to forget. Tan skinned from doing what he does, he sometimes yearns to have his pale skin back.

Personality: Lucas is much like Axel, but much more watered down and doesn't take every other opportunity to have a smart mouth. He is fun-loving and has a heart of gold for those who capture his interests. On the outside, to strangers, he has a hard demeanor. But if in the presence of someone he is close to, he's almost a completely different person.

Explanation: Lucas is a thief who sells stolen goods. A man of many faces and talents, he is among one of the best con men out there in the country. He can spin lies of gold and silver, but only those who know him very well can catch him in the middle of a lie; even then it is difficult. He had been picking pockets ever since the age of ten and had even managed to rob the wealthiest and most secure travelers.

History: Lucas was just an all around rebel who liked to cause trouble. He had well-meaning parents who did everything they could to raise him right. He holds all of their values, but still holds to stealing and hoodwinking because it's the only thing he knows how to do. He'd learnt the art of forgery and fraud and turned it into an art like no other.

Name: Kriss Marceline

Appearance: Kriss is an average height woman with short black hair and inky black eyes. Her regular expression makes most to believe that she is mean. However she has a heart of gold, but one that others have to win. She is tanned from her work near the fire.

Personality: Kriss is very sociable, willing to talk and to listen. She likes to cook and make any kind of weapon from swords and axes to crossbow and guns and even to magical mediums.

History: No one really knows about her, except that she had set up shop since the age of seventeen and had been making weapons for sale ever since with her partner James who deals in making locks and gun ammunition.

Name: Vincent "Vince" de La Forge

Appearance: A young light-black man with auburn hair and green eyes. He's of a relatively muscular build, but not overly so. He stands at about 6'0 even and weighs about 220 lbs. He has slightly prominent Will lines covering his body. He has big ol' auburn muttonchops but no 'stache. He usually wears a green longsleeve shirt with a tan multi-pocketed vest over it to hold his various tools. His pants are of cargo-predescent, and he wears a utility belt to hold potion ingredients and tools. On the back of his belt, he has a sword similar to a jian sword*.

Personality: Vince is a modest young man, upholding to the statement "the truth will set you free," even if it might hurt the persons feelings. He is very studied in alchemy and smithing, having traveled the world and forged his sword, that he fondly calls "Mistress", based on one he remembers seeing at some point in his life, reinforcing it with his Will.

Hero Type: Hero of Will.

Position: Trainer

History: Vince de La Forge remembers nothing from his early years. The only thing he remembers is a fondness for a sword he attempted to recreate once he became confident with his Will and smithing skills. The earliest memory he has is arriving in Bowerstone with his younger sister, Felicia around the time he was 14. There, they were taken in by the Temple of Light due to Vince's strong Will. He left to join the Heroes Guild on his 25th birthday after finding out he is a descendant of Garth.

Weapon and Spell Preference: When using an element he prefers the Fire element, like Fireball and Enflame. But he mostly enjoys the use of physical spells, favoring Physical Shield, Ghost Sword, Multi Strike, and Battle Charge. When in hand-to-hand combat, he uses "Mistress".

http://www.samurai-swords-for-sale.c...jian-sword.jpg

------------------------

Name: Park
Owner: Vincent de La Forge
Breed: Bullmastiff
Appearance:
bullmastiff-12821.jpg
Personality: Loyal, relaxed, highly intelligent, fierce combatant.
History: Vince found Park during his journey to the Heroes Guild. He saved the young bullmastiff pup drowning in Bowers Lake. Naming him after the captain of the ship that had brought him and his sister to Albion, they became quick friends.

Hey Brodo, if Vince is from Oakfield then maybe he would know my character Kayla?

Hey Brodo, if Vince is from Oakfield then maybe he would know my character Kayla?

They do have similar styles, don't they? Fire and Asian swords, haha. (:
Like in what way do you think?

Right:) I was thinking friends, they do have an age difference and when Vince came to Oakfield she was only a young girl and would probably have admired Vince, but as Kayla grew older they could have connected over the fact that they both know magic.

Haha @PowerBass.

And @Elflady, that sounds completely plausible.
Why not? (:

eh i tried. makes for good comedy...axel can't do it all on his own lol

:P
since i have you here in the OOC chat, PowerBass.
Are Axel and Jace like, brand-new recruits or have they been around the Guild a little while?
i can't seem to discern that from your posts IC xD;

THE THING DID NOT SEND T^T

^^; ahaha... they're brand new. the first post with all three of them made sure to clarify it. axel was drawn there by a promise he made to someone who was like a grandmother to him.

jace's reasons hadn't been really said. but i may as well tell. he's been separated from his mother but he knew the woman would never roll over an die. all he wanted to do was live peacefully with her. so destroy the darkness and make enough gold, find her and live. also, somewhere underneath, he wanted to know what happened to his father. we all know.

Gauss is there to train. BIg whoop.

Now there's something there that I'll surprise you all with later. So hang tight.

By the way, Bro, I LOVE Vince xD