Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Gooooood morning Iwaku!

May I RErepresent you with Fable. *more dramatic fanfare???*

This RP, in essence, flows like a very loose D&D game - dice mechanics, roles and classes will be employed. While some things will be altered to fit a more RP heavy environment than most games, it should effectively still feel very much like a written campaign, for those familiar. You will portray characters set in the war torn world of Fable... You will embark on quests and adventures throughout the myriad of kingdoms, whilst uncovering aspects of a deeper reaching, overarching plot. (dun dun duuun)

The main twist, of course, is that your characters and several prominent NPCs will be based off of a character from fairytales, folklore or nursery rhymes.

This will be an original character of your own design, but should tie in with a fairytale character to some degree. This degree is up to your interpretation and can be as classic are you want, or hold only bare aspects of the original piece. So long as the content reflects a fairytale in some way, I'll be happy.

The storyline will take place in a fantasy realm of my own design, aligning with a medieval-esque time period. Several things will line up with D&D 5E - with a few exceptions (to name a few - the deities, locations, alignments and a few of the game mechanics).

I'm looking for roughly three to four new players to jump into the already established storyline. We've just finished our first battle and will be embarking on the next section, but do to some real life issues, I've lost a few players or had to put some into hiatus, so I'd like to open things up again and see what we can built. It will not be on a first come first serve basis but players will instead be chosen based on the following criteria.
  • Creativity and originality in character design/Fairytale Adaptation
  • Site history/activity/dedication to previous/current RPs
  • Willingness to communicate/offer plot/character ideas/ambitions/goals
Mechanically speaking, we will be utilizing Dicecloud and Discord - a lot. If you aren't comfortable using Discord as an OOC method for communication, plotting and dice rolling, this probably won't be the RP for you. Dicecloud (if you aren't familiar) is a website that effectively builds a D&D-type character for you and connects that character to Discord for all dice-related activity (if you aren't familiar with this particular mechanic, don't worry… it's easy enough to walk you through it). [NOTE: DICECLOUD for some reason isn't working right now in the CHROME browser (on PCs). This will hopefully be fixed soon, but in the meantime it does work in all other browsers].

There will be a LOT of Lore/World knowledge I'm going to throw at you. Read as much as you can, obviously, and feel free to work it into your histories/characterization, but don't feel overwhelmed by it all. I like world building, and want this to feel as full and complete as possible, but you will not be tested on it. Do note, however, if you want to add your own lore, or include lore in your history, please be sure to message me about this, first. I'm flexible and love having players additions in the overall plot, but I need to know about it before I can do that!

Because this is a written campaign, and because it will utilize a LOT of smaller, quick interactions, I will be encouraging collaborative writing -- most likely on google docs. This will help keep a consistent flow and prevent anyone from having nothing or very little to write. Because of the nature of collabs, this can make for some LENGTHY reads. If you're not invested in reading a great deal of writing, this probably won't be the RP for you. That being said, I do ask that personal collabs (romantic moments/PvPs/hottub moments(pleaseno)) be kept on the shorter side or that you offer a TL/DR version to avoid stagnation.

Lastly, I am a wife and mom. Real life is my focus, and I may not be available at all times to RP. I expect no more from my players than I give. The pace will be relaxed and flexible. I do ask that you make yourself available for writing at least ONCE PER WEEK and if you're involved in a collaboration, you avoid holding it up for more than a few days (if you have no time to reply, you may choose to ask the players to skip your turn - if you don't reply within a week, we will skip you anyway). I also ask that if you intend to have a lengthy period of absence, or if you just can't continue with the RP, you let me know. Leaving people hanging isn't cool. If you vanish on me without saying anything, I reserve the right to serve your character up with a side of carrots to an ancient dragon. I probably won't, cause I'm nice… but ghost on me and they will be removed from the storyline, all the same. And you'll make me sad...

ANYWHO - If you're interested, please let me know in this thread, then go ahead and check out the lore. When you're comfy, go ahead and start a character sheet. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! The IC is also posted, in case you'd like to review what's already happened.

LORE/SETTING
CHARACTER SIGN UPS
THE STORY SO FAR

We lost the cat... :(

Last edited:
I. Am. IN! I've been looking for a DnD RP!

Reactions: Mundane Monster
I shall call upon the strength of St.George to slay thine dragons!

At work, but been looking for a dice game for a while. Can I pm you when I get out to get a bit more information? Also, is it based on the game Fable in any way? Because I have no experience with the game and am worried if that'll come up. Doesn't look like it, but want to make sure.

...never mind. Seems to be filled and started already. Sorry for intruding.

Last edited:
At work, but been looking for a dice game for a while. Can I pm you when I get out to get a bit more information? Also, is it based on the game Fable in any way? Because I have no experience with the game and am worried if that'll come up. Doesn't look like it, but want to make sure.

...never mind. Seems to be filled and started already. Sorry for intruding.

Hey - you can go ahead and PM me :) I'm happy to hear your character ideas and there's still time. to put in a new character (this is the reopening) -- It's not related to the video games, but is a world I designed myself :)

I notice you don't have any dwarves. I would love to fix that for you. :)

In reading through other people's character sheets, I'll admit I haven't really caught or recognized any folklore, myths or fables. I take it the Fable is for flavoring, like a theme? Or does the Fable behind a character have some kind of setting significance?

I notice you don't have any dwarves. I would love to fix that for you. :)

In reading through other people's character sheets, I'll admit I haven't really caught or recognized any folklore, myths or fables. I take it the Fable is for flavoring, like a theme? Or does the Fable behind a character have some kind of setting significance?

It's mainly for flavor :-) Most of the real significant additions are more NPC related. And we'd LOVE a dwarf :-D

• Sweet
Reactions: Epiphany
A couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. In the kingdom of Remoria, did you have anything particular in mind for the conflict between the Madgar and Torn Clans, in terms of how Edwin rose to power and claimed Leia Torn for his bride? I'm considering a backstory linked to that but no sense in wasting my time inventing the wheel if you've already made it and/or it's going to come up in play.

2. You mentioned this is a D&D style game. Does magic work the same way as it does in D&D then? I'm aware magic is banned in most of Fable but are those who practice it classed as Wizards, Sorcerers or Warlocks or does it work differently?

A couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. In the kingdom of Remoria, did you have anything particular in mind for the conflict between the Madgar and Torn Clans, in terms of how Edwin rose to power and claimed Leia Torn for his bride? I'm considering a backstory linked to that but no sense in wasting my time inventing the wheel if you've already made it and/or it's going to come up in play.

2. You mentioned this is a D&D style game. Does magic work the same way as it does in D&D then? I'm aware magic is banned in most of Fable but are those who practice it classed as Wizards, Sorcerers or Warlocks or does it work differently?

1. Send me a PM with your idea and we can discuss it - everything in my lore is pretty flexible, so I'm happy to work with you if we can!

2. And yeah - the system is still basically the same. You'll see some differences (the alignment system and dieties for the most part, as well as the world building aspects) but otherwise it'll be the same as a campaign game :) (though I'm fine with allowing non-PHB stuff if it can fit the story)