Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Gooooood morning Iwaku!

May I present you with Fable. *dramatic fanfare???*

This RP, in essence, will flow like a very loose D&D game - dice mechanics, roles and classes will be employed. While some things will be altered to fit a more RP heavy environment than most games, it should effectively still feel very much like a written campaign, for those familiar. You will portray characters set in the war torn world of Fable... You will embark on quests and adventures throughout the myriad of kingdoms, whilst uncovering aspects of a deeper reaching, overarching plot. (dun dun duuun)

The main twist, of course, is that your characters and several prominent NPCs will be based off of a character from fairytales, folklore or nursery rhymes.

This will be an original character of your own design, but should tie in with a fairytale character to some degree. This degree is up to your interpretation and can be as classic are you want, or hold only bare aspects of the original piece. So long as the content reflects a fairytale in some way, I'll be happy.

The storyline will take place in a fantasy realm of my own design, aligning with a medieval-esque time period. Several things will line up with D&D 5E - with a few exceptions (to name a few - the deities, locations and a few of the game mechanics).

I'm allowing for no more than seven players (total) - it will not be on a first come first serve basis but players will instead be chosen based on the following criteria.
  • Creativity and originality in character design/Fairytale Adaptation
  • Site history/activity/dedication to previous/current RPs
  • Willingness to communicate/offer plot/character ideas/ambitions/goals
Mechanically speaking, we will be utilizing Dicecloud and Discord - a lot. If you aren't comfortable using Discord as an OOC method for communication, plotting and dice rolling, this probably won't be the RP for you. Dicecloud (if you aren't familiar) is a website that effectively builds a D&D-type character for you and connects that character to Discord for all dice-related activity (if you aren't familiar with this particular mechanic, don't worry… it's easy enough to walk you through it).

There will be a LOT of Lore/World knowledge I'm going to throw at you. Read as much as you can, obviously, and feel free to work it into your histories/characterization, but don't feel overwhelmed by it all. I like world building, and want this to feel as full and complete as possible, but you will not be tested on it. Do note, however, if you want to add your own lore, or include lore in your history, please be sure to message me about this, first. I'm flexible and love having players additions in the overall plot, but I need to know about it before I can do that!

Because this is a written campaign, and because it will utilize a LOT of smaller, quick interactions, I will be encouraging collaborative writing -- most likely on google docs. This will help keep a consistent flow and prevent anyone from having nothing or very little to write. Because of the nature of collabs, this can make for some LENGTHY reads. If you're not invested in reading a great deal of writing, this probably won't be the RP for you. That being said, I do ask that personal collabs (romantic moments/PvPs/hottub moments(pleaseno)) be kept on the shorter side or that you offer a TL/DR version to avoid stagnation.

Lastly, I am a wife and mom. Real life is my focus, and I may not be available at all times to RP. I expect no more from my players than I give. The pace will be relaxed and flexible. I do ask that you make yourself available for writing at least ONCE PER WEEK and if you're involved in a collaboration, you avoid holding it up for more than a few days (if you have no time to reply, you may choose to ask the players to skip your turn - if you don't reply within a week, we will skip you anyway). I also ask that if you intend to have a lengthy period of absence, or if you just can't continue with the RP, you let me know. Leaving people hanging isn't cool. If you vanish on me without saying anything, I reserve the right to serve your character up with a side of carrots to an ancient dragon. I probably won't, cause I'm nice… but ghost on me and they will be removed from the storyline, all the same. And you'll make me sad...

ANYWHO - If you're interested, please let me know in this thread and I will go ahead and post the OOC thread separately. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

• Love
Reactions: Cwispy
Since you twisted my arm.... See...it's broken....It's just dangling at my side...

I'm in.

Reactions: Elle Joyner
You had me at the mention of D&D.

Though now I'm curious, what are the races we'll be using? Are they going to be D&D ones, or would creating fairy tale based characters also entail creating species in some cases?

I am certainly intrested

You had me at the mention of D&D.

Though now I'm curious, what are the races we'll be using? Are they going to be D&D ones, or would creating fairy tale based characters also entail creating species in some cases?

I've written my lore to fit the races from d&d :)

Reactions: Rouge Rogue
I'm interested.

I have never done D&D before, though I'm no stranger to stat RPs. What's the learning curve on this?

I'm interested.

I have never done D&D before, though I'm no stranger to stat RPs. What's the learning curve on this?

It's going to be super simple. My first real DMing, so effectively no stress. I'll walk you through the stats and such.

Reactions: Toogee
I'm in a sea of rps and I'm about to attempt to add another drop to it.

You can count me in, Elle

Welp, guess it's time swan dive into this bad boy. Color me interested!

I come back to Iwaku for the first time in like two months and this is what I see.

Nice.

*waves at Elle* hello :3

Fable - Lore & Setting -- LORE/SETTING page is up. Will have a CS done within the next few days (or today if my headache goes away :-/ )

Fable - Sign Ups -- Character Sign Ups are open -- Deadline will be 9/27 -- NEXT FRIDAY! (unless I receive all the sheets earlier than that). If you have any questions/concerns/ideas you aren't sure about, send them my way. Again, this isn't first come first serve, so take your time.

Oooh, this seems interesting, I'm in! I'm a sucker for fable characters XD

If you're gunning for maximum seven, does that imply you'd prefer one for each of the seven aspects?

If you're gunning for maximum seven, does that imply you'd prefer one for each of the seven aspects?

Nah. That's not necessary. It'd be fun if it worked out that way but those are meant to effectively work the way traditional D&D alignment does. As a guideline for typical behavior style.

Hi hi,

I remember your username from a long time ago on another rp forum, Elle, we've never really talked all that much though. I miss teasing Mr. Grin if that gives you an idea of what site I'm referring to.

Either way, I really like your rp concept and lore (al though I haven't read all of it, yet.) and was wondering if it was too late to write a CS for this as the deadline was yesterday. My excuse is that I joined today. So if you have to blame anyone, blame...someone else.

Let me know if I can get started on the CS when you can please, thanks. :)

Hi hi,

I remember your username from a long time ago on another rp forum, Elle, we've never really talked all that much though. I miss teasing Mr. Grin if that gives you an idea of what site I'm referring to.

Either way, I really like your rp concept and lore (al though I haven't read all of it, yet.) and was wondering if it was too late to write a CS for this as the deadline was yesterday. My excuse is that I joined today. So if you have to blame anyone, blame...someone else.

Let me know if I can get started on the CS when you can please, thanks. :)

Lol I know the site! Yep.

Seeing how you JUST joined, if you can get an application up by tomorrow afternoon, go for it! Otherwise I'll be closing dign ups!!