[F4A] Avatar: TLA or Samurai Champloo (OCs & Canons)

tomsoddity

Edgebabby
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Contemporary, Period Pieces, Speculative Fiction, Horror, Comedy, etc.
Hey, I go by AJ for anyone who wants to know. I've been craving an RP for these two particular fandoms recently. Anyway, here are my ideas and a bit of necessary info about the characters and such.

I should first mention, I'm mainly looking to write an OC for ATLA. I can write some canons as NPCs, but my main is an OC. I'm willing to RP with other OCs, though.

A quick rundown of the OC basics: She's from a small farming village in the Hu Xin Provinces. The village is occupied by Fire Nation soldiers, and her father was one of these soldiers, but she's never met him. She ends up having to travel to Ba Sing Se after an attempted uprising (one that she may or may not have been directly involved in depending on how we want the story to go) against the soldiers.

Now for ideas, maybe the Fire Nation is attempting to catch all of the escaped villagers before they can make it to Ba Sing Se (which might be out of their jurisdiction. I don't know much about the legality of that, so forgive me if that makes no sense lol). Because of this, her character could possibly go a Mulan-esque route and disguise herself as a boy. Sweet Polly Oliver is one of my favorite tropes, and there's a lot of potential for comedic moments with it.

She could briefly get involved with a group of vigilantes similar to the Freedom Fighters, which would end up giving her a bit of a different perspective on how she views the Fire Nation.

We could explore the possibility of her being a firebender instead of an earthbender, and how she overcomes her fear of fire and her other half. Maybe finding her father and working out her relationship with him, then being taught how to firebend by him after some reluctance.

For Samurai Champloo, my aim is to find someone that will play Mugen (or maybe Jin depending on the plot). Whether I'm playing Fuu, my OC, or both, I'm mostly interested in playing against those characters.

The set up for the OC is that she's Mugen's "sister" (Maury Povich was not around during the Edo period, and her mother's profession makes it hard to really be sure). I won't impose much of my headcanon of Mugen's father here in case whoever may contact me about this has their own ideas about it. But anyway, she's his alleged half-sister and grew up on the same island as him. Any roleplay involving her can be set before, during, or after the events of the show.

We could focus on their childhood on the island before Mugen left, them finding each other during or after the series (and him finding out what she's been up to this whole time), or her trying to convince him to help her go back to the island for Koza.

And finally before I end this ad, I wanna make sure to mention that whoever responds needs to be able to communicate ideas with me OOC. I've laid out some of my ideas here so please work with me and pitch and/or build some with me. If you have an OC, I would love to hear about them so don't feel like you need to hold back on any discussions^^

Hello AJ. It's nice to meet you. I'm Jessica.

I'm up for the Avatar The Last Airbender rp plot if you'd like.
I have three OCs for Avatar the Last Airbender. And I've been wanting to do an rp with this show for a long while as well

I had opted into an Avatar the Last Airbender rp shortly before but I don't think the rp host is planning to continue it. It's been so long since she responded so yeah..And I was looking forward to it..Oh well..

One of my OCs, just to say, I made to be the younger brother of both Zuko and Azula from the show, if you wouldn't mind having them and their family members such as their father Ozai and uncle Iroh included the rp.
If you want to play your OC only though, I can do Zuko and Azula's characters along with my three OCs.

Last edited:
Hello AJ. It's nice to meet you. I'm Jessica.

I'm up for the Avatar The Last Airbender rp plot if you'd like.
I have three OCs for Avatar the Last Airbender. And I've been wanting to do an rp with this show for a long while as well

I had opted into an Avatar the Last Airbender rp shortly before but I don't think the rp host is planning to continue it. It's been so long since she responded so yeah..And I was looking forward to it..Oh well..

One of my OCs, just to say, I made to be the younger brother of both Zuko and Azula from the show, if you wouldn't mind having them and their family members such as their father Ozai and uncle Iroh included the rp.
If you want to play your OC only though, I can do Zuko and Azula's characters along with my three OCs.
I'm definitely fine with having any of the canon characters involved. I'll send you a PM and we can talk about your OCs :)