F0X's MtG Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a lot of expensive black cards! Also, Planar Oblivion is not a real card. ^.^

This guy is hard to build around because he is 7 mana, and has 0 ways of protecting himself. So, the two things your deck would need would be lots of Mana Ramp, and spells that would give him hexproof, indestructible, or something like that.
I went ahead and crafted up a deck that I think could support Elderscale Wurm. I'll probably post it in my workshop and discuss the in's and out's of it in more detail soon!

3 Elderscale Wurm
Format: Modern
Colors: Green White
Theme/Focus: Midrange/Ramp
Deck
Creatures
2 Avacyn, Angel of Hope
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Mirran Crusader
3 Blade Splicer
2 Sun Titan
4 Solemn Simulacrum
Artifacts
4 Sphere of the Suns
Enchantments
3 Asceticism
Sorcery
4 Rampant Growth
3 Valorous Stance
4 Gavony Township
4 Windswept Heath
4 Canopy Vista
4 Temple Garden
2 Ghost Quarter
4 Sunpetal Grove
1 Plains
1 Forest
SB: 3 Oblivion Ring
SB: 3 Day of Judgment
SB: 3 Obstinate Baloth
SB: 3 Thragtusk
SB: 2 Gaea's Revenge
SB: 1 Dragonlord Dromoka

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
FNM is tomorrow, and I'd love to hear what deck you're going to take! =D

Oh. This previous FNM I played Scapeshift, not that garbage Creature based Scapeshift. Good scapeshift, control, 8 lands, Double Valakut. Boom :D

(Love that I can Bring to Light for a Damnation or Anger of the Gods.)

Very nice!! I ended up staying home with my wife who was sick, but I was going to play Esper Dragon Control in Standard. :)

Abzan Company or U/R Prowess is what I have for Standard.

U/R Prowess is crazy, especially with Swiftspear and Stormchaser both in Standard, and just how the deck is Aggro and can play some control, especially with Overwhelming Denial in a deck that runs a bunch of 1 drops.

Another Friday another FNM!! Tomorrow I'll be sharing the deck I plan to take to my local Standard tournament! I'll be covering it in my workshop, so stay tuned!!

I know this is F0X's MtG shop, but with SoI finally out, I already have a Standard deck made out. So far, this deck has gone 4-1 (Won against 4 people, lost against 1) these past two days. The deck I lost to was R/G Eldrazi Ramp. It isn't a budget deck. (Most of the expensive stuff I pulled from the box I bought). Olivias, Kalitas, Arlinn, Chandra, and a few other cards aren't cheap, so...sorry if you were hoping it was D:

I have no idea what to call this deck...maybe Arlinn Jund? Idk

Here is the list though!

Mainboard
Lands: 25
x3 Evolving Wilds
x2 Foreboding Ruins
x3 Smoldering Marsh
x2 Hissing Quagmire
x3 Cinder Glade
x2 Game Trail
x3 Forest
x4 Swamp
x3 Mountain

Sorceries/Instants: 11
x3 Grasp of Darkness
x3 Kolaghan's Command
x2 Ruinous Path
x2 Painful Truth
x1 Ultimate Price

Creatures:20
x4 Den Protecter
x4 Sylvan Advocate
x3 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
x3 Thunderbreak Regent
x3 Olivia, Mobilized for War
x2 Goblin Dark-Dwellers
x1 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet

Planeswalkers:4
x2 Arlinn Kord
x2 Chandra Flamecaller

Sideboard
x3 To the Slaughter
x3 Duress
x2 Roast
x2 Radiant Flames
x2 Transgress the Mind
x2 Painful Truths
x1 Infinite Obliterations

I know this is F0X's MtG shop, but with SoI finally out, I already have a Standard deck made out. So far, this deck has gone 4-1 (Won against 4 people, lost against 1) these past two days. The deck I lost to was R/G Eldrazi Ramp. It isn't a budget deck. (Most of the expensive stuff I pulled from the box I bought). Olivias, Kalitas, Arlinn, Chandra, and a few other cards aren't cheap, so...sorry if you were hoping it was D:

I have no idea what to call this deck...maybe Arlinn Jund? Idk

Here is the list though!

Mainboard
Lands: 25
x3 Evolving Wilds
x2 Foreboding Ruins
x3 Smoldering Marsh
x2 Hissing Quagmire
x3 Cinder Glade
x2 Game Trail
x3 Forest
x4 Swamp
x3 Mountain

Sorceries/Instants: 11
x3 Grasp of Darkness
x3 Kolaghan's Command
x2 Ruinous Path
x2 Painful Truth
x1 Ultimate Price

Creatures:20
x4 Den Protecter
x4 Sylvan Advocate
x3 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
x3 Thunderbreak Regent
x3 Olivia, Mobilized for War
x2 Goblin Dark-Dwellers
x1 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet

Planeswalkers:4
x2 Arlinn Kord
x2 Chandra Flamecaller

Sideboard
x3 To the Slaughter
x3 Duress
x2 Roast
x2 Radiant Flames
x2 Transgress the Mind
x2 Painful Truths
x1 Infinite Obliterations
Nice!! Looks solid for sure!! Last month was REALLY busy for me, but with the new set (which I am getting my product tomorrow since I was out of town all weekend) I plan to make decks and share them here for people to check out.

Thanks for sharing your deck!

The foiling in Shadows over Innistrad is beautiful, this set. So many cards I wanna hoard (Expensive or not) because of their foiling.

Reactions: F0X
I can't remember the decklist, but there is a cheap Standard Deck that is pretty good and it runs pretty smoothly. It is called R/B Madness. (Cheaper version is to run the new Vampires that let you discard, tormenting voice, lightning axe, etc.)

Right now I am playing Goggles in Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.