Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cairo

Original poster
ebd570487d17241aff9a919a0ebd6bfe0329d736_hq.gif

Basic Information

Welcome to what is known as the Holy Grail War. You, and six other magi like you, are chosen by the ominous
wish granting device, called the Holy Grail, to participate in a fight to the death in hopes of having your wish
turned into a reality. Once only one mage remains, the Grail is theirs and with it they are able to have their
deepest desire/wish come true.

In the Holy Grail War these seven magi (now called Masters) are each able to summon one Heroic Spirit to
become their Servant (or in nicer terms, their champion in the War). These Heroic Spirits are truly what
makes the Holy Grail War so special. Legendary heroes of old given life once more, are able to put their
skills to the test against other legends to see who truly reigns supreme.

Unbeknownst the Masters and Servants though, is that the Holy Grail itself is corrupted and feeds off of
the death and hatred created by the War. Once fully charged, the Grail will overflow leading to the
destruction of humanity itself. The only way to stop this is to destroy the Grail which would require
every Master and Servant's power to do so.
Rules

1. Use your common sense and be mature (aka, no whining if things don't go your way).
  2. There is no word count requirement (quality over quantity), however I will not accept one liners.
  3. No drama outside of the RP please
  4. No god molding or power plays.
  5. You MUST be active!! I am looking for a minimum of 1 post a day! The more the better!
  6. Talk to Cairo before setting up a character death
basel_winter_650x365_2.jpg

Basel, Switzerland
The Northern side is occupied by the White Fraction, which the Black Fraction lies in the south. The Church is located in the middle of the two territories. Both the Church and the Church grounds are considered to be neutral territory.
Character Roster

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruler: The Seventh Trumpet

"And I will be all the good in the world..."

It was this very line that echoed in Ruler's ears as she opened her eyes and gazed out at the new world before her. Chosen to be the Ruler servant in the Holy Grail War, she was appointed by the Grail itself to be its mediator and oversee this world altering event.

Slowly coming to her senses, Ruler gazed out at the land around her, taking in every last detail. The grass was a lush green, sprinkled with various colors as the wild flowers came into bloom. To her left lay a crystal clear lake, untouched by men's modern machinery. The knowledge granted her her as a Servant told her that she was located a few miles east of Basel Switzerland, the site of this year's Holy Grail War.

Clicking her tough softly against her mouth, Ruler decided that she may as well explore this new relm and what better way to do that than to head into the city. Unfurling her wings from her back, she jumped into the air, but caught herself mind stride. Perhaps this wasn't a good idea. First of all, humans were not use to seeing an angel flying around in the sky and secondly, going on foot allowed her the chance to observe the world with her own two eyes. Gracefully tucking in her wings and concealing them with a touch of magic, Ruler began her journey into Basel.

Despite her given knowledge of the modern world, Ruler's insight into the fine details were limited at best. She knew how to drive a motorcycle if need be, yet she was clueless when it came to slang words. She knew how to operate a computer, yet what exactly what YouTube is, was unknown to her. She knew how the modern political system worked, however the key players in this newly connected world were a mystery.

Slightly frustrated by this cruel irony, Ruler sped up her pace into the city, excited to learn more about it.

Thirty minutes later Ruler got to meet the first face of the modern era. Or perhaps more accurately, she almost got run over by him. Slightly lost in her own thoughts, Ruler had been caught off guard when she heard the sound of a truck coming down the road she had been walking along. Curious to see what exactly a truck was like, she had taken a small step onto the road to watch it pass by. The driver of course, had been started to see a young woman clad in armor, thus he did not take into account how close she was to the outer lane. Right in the nick of time though, he managed to turn as he narrowly missed hitting the strange her. Yelling a slew of curses as the woman though his open window, the driver then sped off down the highway.

Officially drenched head to toe, thanks to the driver causing a puddle to splash her, Ruler crunched her eyebrows in slight annoyance as she gazed down at her outfit. Figuring it would dry with time and making a mental note to buy some modern clothing, Ruler continued on her journey.

The next person (or rather child) she ran into was crying right on the outskirts of town. Leaning down in concern, Ruler placed her hand on the child as asked what was wrong. The child then proceeded to tell the strange woman that he had not been allowed to play with the other children due to the fact his skin was a different shade then theirs. Unhappy with this response, Ruler offered the boy some words of comfort and once he was calmed down, sent him on his way.

The third person Ruler greeted was laying close to the drainage system in the east side of town. Siting next the the woman who appeared to be in her late 60s, Ruler asked why she was sitting in such a awful place. The elderly woman then explained to Ruler that in her younger days she had aided her homeland in winning a war, yet afterwards she was unable to find a job. Without a source of income she had been living on the streets for the past seven years. Feeling sorry for the woman, Ruler handed her a loaf of bread that she had managed to buy at a nearby bakery and told her to take refuge in a near by homeless shelter.

Fourth on her list of encounters was a young family with two young children. They were standing in a near by plaza being tormented by a small crowed. Taking the family aside Ruler asked why the crowed was angry at them. The father then explained that they were refugees from a far off land who had come here to find a better life. Sadly though, the wife explained they had only been meet with hate and rejection. Torn by the mistreatment this family endured, Ruler told them to head to the Embassy she had passed earlier in hopes of gaining passage to a kinder land.

Finally, after a long day's journey Ruler arrived at the Church. Greeted by the chosen Overseer, Ruler was given a hot meal, a bath and some modern clothing to change into. After getting cleaned up Ruler began to talk to the Father of the Church. He explained how this War was a bit different. That eight Servants had been summoned instead of seven. Ruler noted that this was a little strange, but then proceeded to ask the Father about the Modern world and all of its woes. Sighing the Overseer decided how racism, sexism and discrimination were alive and well. How people could now tear down others from behind a screen rather than face to face. How people seemed to be becoming more and more selfish as the days passed. But mostly how humanity seemed to have lost its guiding principals.

Nodding thoughtfully Ruler was silent for a long time. She had been sent here to act as a mediator in the Grail War, but she was also a Angel of God. Could she truly stand idly by and watch humanity decay even further, then approve of another selfish wish by another selfish Master?

Reaching her hand out, Ruler made her decision, Summoning her lance she raised it up, then with a powerful blow she pierced the Church Overseer through the neck.

Shocked the Father gazed at Ruler in horror as the life left his eyes
."Why?..."

Withdrawing her lance, Ruler stared pitifully at the body that now lay before her. This world....this once beautiful creation had become tainted by man. His....God's once so glorious creation had turned on itself. She must fix it. She must purge humanity of its sins and save them before it was too late. She must destroy all evil in the world.

"I am the Seventh Angel of God. Wielder of the Seventh Trumpet and Master of the Six cursed Angels . I shall rid the world of all evil and be all the good in the world. In His name I declare.....the Day of Judgment has arrived!"

Eli Goodfield: Master of Lancer (Black Fraction)
Tagged: Lancer

This is what I've waited for. I cannot fail....

Heed my words, My will creates your body,
And your sword creates my destiny.
If you heed the Grail's call, And obey my will and reason,
Then answer my summoning!

Reaching out his hand, which now bared the mark of a Master, Eli began to mummer an ancient spell. Despite his status as a great mage and heir to the Goodfield house, this spell required all of his concentration and focus. As he began to feel his mana working into the spell, Eli closed his eyes and recalled his Mother's words, "You are destined for greatness....". Yes, Eli thought, I am, but not in the way you predicted Mother. I could never be like you, nor Father. My future does not lie in old dusty books kept in a stuffy old library or in a room filled with arrogant mages. No. His future lay in his own hands. For the longest time Eli had obeyed his parents and followed their every command. He gave up playing for studying. Laughing for honor and freedom for power. But no longer...
Now Eli was determined to break free and perhaps even prove himself. Show everyone how he did not need the guidance of an elder to live his life, nor his parent's hovering manner.
I hereby swear, That I shall be all the good in the world,
That I shall defeat . . . all evil in the world!

Eli's legs began to shake as the spell demanded more and more mana. The room began to glow as the spell gained more and more power. The windows began to shake and the ground began to vibrate. The room was tearing itself apart....

Seventh heaven clad, And the great words of power,
Come forth from the circle of bindings, Guardian of Scales!

And right at the moment everything was about to come undone, the world seemed to freeze. Then, like a vortex, all of the energy that had been building surged into the center of the room where the summoning crest lay on the floor. The very force of the energy sent Eli flying backwards right into a pile of empty boxes. Taking a few moments to regain his senses and clear the dust from his face, Eli looked up and saw...

Traveling to and arrival at Basel
[spoili]Sygila's journey from Atlas to Basel had been... acceptable. The regular distractions now and then in terms of airports and the like, but at least the flight itself had allowed her to relax. The reality of the Grail War had begun to catch up to her, a mix of giddiness and fear filling her mind as the plane cruised above the clouds. Sleep came and went enough that she was tired when she arrived, but would not have to handle jet lag later.

Equivalent exchange, like the say,
so she had thought when she had hopped off the plane and proceeded through the usual security, immigration and customs stops. She really had just wanted to get to her planned base in the Basel University dorms. In the end, she had managed to secure a cab for herself. Good ol' Mom had sent extra money for 'unprecedented activities' and was none the wiser as to what exactly she was going to do; then again, telling your parents that you were about to get involved in a potentially lethal conflict voluntarily of all things was probably not the best of ideas, so it had worked out in the end.[/spoili]

Summoning preparation, rest
[spoili]Since it was summer, there were not that many students on campus, which allowed for ease of movement, and, more importantly, meant that the classrooms were deserted. She'd already obtained the campus plans and found the perfect place to perform her summoning - a currently unused lecture hall. The information she had gotten in Atlas was very thorough, and so finding that place had proven to be very easy, about as much as using her Sand of Delphi to get past the lock. The lecture hall felt even better in person, and so, dropping the supplies she'd brought along with her from Atlas for the summoning, Sygila had taken her time to arrange everything perfectly, down to the last detail, in preparation for the ceremony. A smug grin had shown itself on her face when the setup was complete, and with a satisfied sight, she had gone back to her room (after properly locking the door again with her metalmancy) to get something to eat and rest.

Even though she was no stranger to the modern world unlike the vast majority of Magi, there were things that still amazed her, that she had a hard time understanding. She had a few non-magical commodities, but the amount of things available in the dorm was, simply put, staggering. Instant food in particular never failed to elicit a gasp of surprise from her, even though she was sure it shouldn't...

A nap and bath later, Sygila had returned to the lecture hall. She had changed into her... well, performance wear, locked doors and windows, closed curtains, disabled all electronics with well-applied sand. No need for anybody to hear or see or sense what they shouldn't. Candles had been lit, prana had been circulated, all that had been left was to recite the summoning incantation, for the Grail to bring forth her Servant and bind it to her.[/spoili]

Foreseeing the future
[spoili]Everything had lead up to the now. And now, Sygila was not performing the summoning. No, as an Alchemist of Atlas, it would be a stain on her pride and reputation to have simply done it and hoped for the best. An Atlas Alchemist does not hope; she plans and foresees and analyzes and calculates, such were here thoughts as the Sands of Delphi, her Mystic Code, flowed out of its container and formed a spiral from her forehead towards the ceiling. Careful manipulation, humming, clarity of mind, and a proper kneeling position were all essential to foreseeing the future. She did as she had done over and over again in practice, and when her calculations indicated, she abruptly stopped channeling prana through her Magic Circuits.

The end result lay before her - most of the metal sand back in its container, and small hieroglyphs of sand in front of her. She recognized one easily - herself, hand outstretched and talking, surrounded by a circle. Herself, now accompanied by a figure she did not recognize, that wore a cape and had eyes she could only describe as bestial, insane. And then... herself again. Mauled to death, the caped figure standing bloody and victorious on top. Her reading had worked perfectly, owing to the time spent on the preparation before stopping. If she hadn't been so thorough, there may have been details left out, but no, this was the pinnacle of her ability.[/spoili]

Result of foresight
[spoili]Sygila could feel the cold sweat running down her temple and spine, looking at the red piece of cloth in her hand, dumbfounded. This was supposed to bring her victory, the precious sample and piece of history that Atlas had acquired for her. My summoning, it'll work... and, and what I call forth, Berserker most likely... will... kill me...!?, that was the only thought going through her mind, over and over again. She bit back the impulse to cry, and, frustrated, hit the floor and screamed. It was only after that she flashed a wicked, vindictive smile.

This was what would have happened had she just gone ahead and summoned, only relying on hopes and dreams. This is why Atlas was superior, and why she would triumph. She stood up and, using her metalmancy, brought forth the Sand of Delphi to surround her. She visualized what she needed, studied and calculated its composition while thinking of its purpose, and the sand formed a solidified cage around her. Just enough space for her to have a little freedom of movement. And she did it again and again and again, interlocking the 'bars' of her multi-layer prison. This whole charade would leave her very drained of Prana, but it would guarantee her survival.[/spoili]

Summoning of the Servant
[spoili]I know this won't hold against a Servant, but I just need a moment to seal the contract and cause it to dematerialize. It'll be better to protect myself than try and contain it, that'll only make it even madder, this was her last thought before she cleared her throat and stretched out her hand towards the circle, focusing intently and reciting the summoning aria. She knew what had to be done, and clutching her heart, as she approached the end of the incantation, she cried out:

"But you, whose mind and eyes
are clouded by turmoil and chaos!
Bound in a cage of madness,
and I the one who holds your chains!
"

When the incantation finished, Sygila was exhausted and blinded by a flash of light. When that faded away, what greeted her was...[/spoili]

Sugiyama Reiko: Master of Archer
Tagged: Archer

Staring at the circle that lay before her, she sighed. She wasn't really nervous, or anything like that, it was simply the fifth time she had redrawn the damned thing, and it still wasn't perfect enough. Of course, she also knew that if she continued to waste so much time, some other mage might take her spot in the war. Taking in a deep breath, probably unnecessarily, she began the ritual.

[spoili]
Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.
Let black be the color I pay tribute to.
Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
Let the four cardinal gates close.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.
[/spoili]

The mark that signified her as a master appeared on her hand, and she held it up towards the circle as her grandfather had instructed, continuing with the ritual.

[spoili]
Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.
Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.[/spoili]

The ritual took more mana than any other spell she had ever accomplished, but this is why her grandfather put her through so much training, she couldn't, no she wouldn't buckle under the pressure. She stood unshaken, ignoring the effects the ritual was having on the apartment in which she was staying.

[spoili]
An oath shall be sworn here.
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell.

From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power,
come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance![/spoili]

The ritual had taken most of her strength, so much so that she couldn't even stand any longer and fell to a sitting position, watching as the energy compacted to the magic circle, dispersing in a flash of light. It took her a couple moments of blinking before she could actually she who she had summoned.

Berserker - Red Riding Hood: Servant of Sygila

Tagged: Sygila

The blinding light surrounded the feral servant for moments, when it cleared, and she could see her first instinct was to look around. She took note of the fact she seemed to be in a large room. She didn't like it. It lacked the smell of trees, or blood. Either would be a satisfactory scent.
Speaking of scents, that was the next thing she noted. The scent of fear, now that was a scent she could live with. She turned her gaze to where the scent originated. It came from a girl behind a prison? Was it the beasts summoner? Either way, the girl looked tasty. A bit oddly dressed, but tasty looking none the less.
The bars might have seemed a problem for a more logical servant, but for Red it was a simple matter. Follow instincts. Approaching the bars, she sniffed them. They smelled of magic. Such an awful smell. She then grabbed hold of one of the bars and with a growl bit it. An ineffective tactic, as the bar seemed quite sturdy and caused her to reel back for a moment with a whimper.
Now she was even more focused on the metal bars. At first, she wanted to simply get past them. Now she just wanted to hurt them. A couple swipes of her claws broke off a portion of one bar which she picked up, and again started chewing on, intent to prove her teeth more sturdy than this odd magical metal.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
Sumiko Nakamura; Master of Rider
@Cairo

Her eyes glanced over the circle once more, checking detail one more time to ensure that it was the best she could make it. She didn't want to fail the Summoning ritual; she couldn't fail. Sumiko couldn't let everyone down. Everyone that counted on her at least. She, after giving a nod in approval to the circle, outstretched her arm towards it. The master's mark was plain as day on her hand, her mind ready and body prepared for the exhaustion that a Summoning was sure to bestow on her. She was nervous, but took a deep breath to help relax her nerves. Sumiko couldn't mess this up.

Let silver and steel be the essence...
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.
Let black be the color I pay tribute to.
Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
Let the four cardinal gates close.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate...

Sumiko's voice was soft, lacking of power as she began the incantation though her mana was being drawn with each word. This was not intentional; she could not bring herself to put in the extra kick a Summoning deserved. No matter how hard she tried, it was not in her to strike up the emotion. So it all sounded flat; bored even.

Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword..
Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail..
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth...

An oath shall be sworn here.
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell.
The room quaked around her as the ritual was coming to a close. Her other hand gripped her wrist as the Summoning demanded more and more from her. Her body shook with the ground, hair flapping behind her as she spoke. Sumiko's gaze kept to the circle though, diligently keeping her focus. She was almost done; it was almost over. Just two more lines...

From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power,
come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance...

With a blinding white light, and a cloud of smoke surfacing, Sumiko felt a wave of exhaustion hit her. She fell backwards, landing on her butt as she tried to regain her breathing. She looked towards the circle, wondering who might be in front of her.

Tai TokoYami: Master of Saber
(Tagged: Saber)
The moon was up at its peak moment only a few moments after the grail's summoning should be commencing. Tai turned towards the summoning circle, it was not drawn out like most, no this was seemed to have been burned into shape. The dark black soot Covered lines and mystical symbols surrounded the pentagram in the center. Now that everything was prepared the look out towards the moon through the open window. The moonlight beamed through the window covering the circle in its light. Tai held up his hand looking forward before shutting his eyes letting out a deep sigh. 'This was it' he thought before he began the ritual.
"I hereby command that, thou shalt come under my Command, and thy sword shall control thy fate. Abiding by the summons of the Holy Grail, if thou dost accede to this will and reason, answer my call. I am all that is good in the eternal world........"
Tai stopped for a quick moment catching his breath, holding his other arm up, bracing it with his other arm. He could feel the eminence amount of mana being drained out of his body. He did not waver he stood strong continuing with the ritual.
"I am the disposer of evil in this eternal world. Thou now clad with the great trinity!"
The rituals summoning circle was starting to glow a dark and bright red. The light from the circle, it seemed to be blocking out the moons own light. Three red marks started forming and shaping on his hand. This was his sign that it was almost over just one more line.
"Come forth from the Circles of Constraints!"
He yelled out before he fell down, to a knee. His gaze rose towards the circle then up looking towards who he had just summoned.

Hou Yi: Archer Servant to Suigiyama Reiko
(Tagged: Archer's master)
A blinding red flash covered Hou Yi's eyes. His body was slowly materializing into his normal form. His long jet black hair was held back in a ponytail and it trailed in front of his left shoulder. His dark brown eyes looked around the room, he was confused at was had happened only for a second or two, before his gazed locked onto the girl. His gazed locked onto hers, he bent down holding out his hand towards her, only to assist her.

"I am sorry my poor dear, you must be rather scared at the sight of a person just popping in front of you."

He said kindly. Once he assisted her up he looked around, it seemed that he was looking for someone else. He started to scratch behind his head looking around the room.

"I am so sorry to bother you but miss are you supposed to be my master?"

He asked not meaning any disrespect to his possible master. He was just curious because he expected someone older. Someone who physically showed wisdom and knowledge that would only come with age. Even though he was given all knowledge of this current time he still seemed to live with his past ideals that his time period represented, with this type of subject.

Rider: Pestilence (Servent of Sumiko Nakamura)
Tagged: Sumiko Nakamura

Finally...

Rider's face lit up with joy as she heard the Grail's summon. Oh how long she had waited for this! Heeding the call without any hesitation, she let herself be pulled into the mortal relm....into the Holy Grail War.

Clad in her traditional outfit, Rider opened her eyes from behind her mask and assessed where she was. In the mortal relm? Yes. Summoned by the Grail? Yes, Rider thought as she saw that she was standing on a summoning seal. Now then where was her Master?
Glancing around the room, Rider's eyes immediately landed on a girl standing to the left of the circle. She appeared to be in her early 20s, with long black hair and warm brown eyes. *Hmm, pretty, but a bit plain* Rider thought. Deciding to get a closer look at her presumed Master, Rider stepped away from the summoning circle and approached the young girl.

As she strided over to the girl, Rider continued to analyze her.
*A fire mage perhaps? No, she doesn't seem to be that type.
Projection? Nah. Hmm, by the looks of it this girl really is quite plain, however I am sensing something. Something deeply hidden, but potentially quite powerful. Water? Yes, that would fit her.*
Finally standing face to face with her Master, Rider peered at her though her pitch black, glass eyes.

"So! Tell me girl, are you the mage who summoned me here?!". Muffled by her mask, Rider's voice came out as a creepy echo, making it impossible to tell if the person behind the mask of a man or woman, or even a creature of this world.

The time had come. The Grail called to her for her services. She had been awaiting this day. Hoping that the mortal who summoned her would be a respectable man or woman. Someone she would have no issues fighting for, one of good morals and character. She hoped that this would be the case.

Without hesitation, she heeded the call. No fighting, no resistance towards the summoning. She had closed her eyes as a blinding white light claimed her vision for that moment. Upon opening them again, they met a dark brown gaze of a young man before her. She looked around, seeing if there was anyone else around but it seemed like this man was the Summoner. Tomoe was dressed in a black kimono rather than her samurai's armor, but she hoped the other would not lose faith in her so quickly.

"Hello," She bowed deeply in front of the other, then stood upright again. "Are you the one who summoned me?"

Sumiko's eyes glanced over the figure that stood above her, their face particularly close to hers. She had no idea who she summoned, considering the mask and long black robes. They appeared like something from a book. A horror book. However, she didn't want to be rude to this.. person. So she nodded her head in affirmation to their question.

"Yes, I am the one who summoned you." Just speaking to this person gave Sumiko the shivers, but now was not the time for judging. She was going to try to get along with this summon whether she liked it or not.

Aloise S. Nightcage- Master - Nightcage Estate, Montpellier, Southern France Countryside
@Blighted_Agent

Nightcage.jpg

Look at what all of this insanity has become? Couldn't his father see that this was madness. Perhaps not. Beatrice stormed off last night and Aloise was feeling somewhat apprehensive about the circumstances. He had more than enough mana to do the summoning, that was not the concern.

It was the fear that all of this would be for nothing, though perhaps he was thinking too far off into the future. Aloise took in a deep breath, the chairs and tables had been removed from the estate's pavilion. Leaving him in the center of a marble ring, where a magic circle had been drawn.

His father's haunting stare watching over him in the corner of the room. Gleaming eyes, on a chair with his legs crossed and hands folded into them neatly.

Lucius had no real faith in him. Jezebel, the favored daughter, had been trained for this. Her whole entire life she was trained to be special, that she was special. Could be special. It pained him that Jezebel had to die for this. He was still grieving over the loss, but he breathed in with a hesitated sigh. Exhaling slowly, he cleared his mind for the ritual to be performed.

Banquet.jpg

La magie et la science
comme la lumière et l'obscurité
chaque compter les uns sur les autres
chaque enseigne un autre
être de la science et de l'acier d'argent
j'appelle pour que vous me trouver
par essence nous lier

The mark that which called to the one he was trying to bring appeared on his hand. This was quite a bit more extensive spell working then he was use to. Though he raised his left hand towards the circle, as was demonstrated to him. The circle faintly glowing.

S'il dit maintenant
votre chair servir sous moi, Et mon destin est avec votre épée.
Soumettre à l'du Saint Graal.
Réponse, si vous voulez soumettre à cette volonté et cette vérité.

He almost could feel the circle tingling. Like magical fingerprints they lifted his energy into the circle. And the more mana he poured into the circle, the more it glowed with energy. It was not simply completing a ritual. It was like one put a bit of their soul into the mix, as the energy of the circle kept a tight grip on him.

Un serment doit être prêté ici
de tenir des nobles vertus
de faire respecter et d'atteindre la moralité
et de rechercher la vérité et de la connaissance où il peut enterré

This was where he was starting to feel his own hand go numb. It was not the spell that was the issue, but the amount of energy it actually required. The amount of mana it required. But the more he held on, the more the circle held onto to him. Clung onto to him like when you walk into thin spiderwebs.

À partir du septième ciel, assisté par trois grands mots de pouvoir,
sors le professeur des sciences

The circle flared into wild mana. Like when flames were fed and erupted. He shielded his eyes from the blinding light, not quite flung back, but collapsing forward onto his hands and knees. Hoping he was enough. Hoping he had done enough. Waiting to see who would come through.

Meredith - Lancer - Servant
@Cairo

Someone. Someone was calling him. Pulling towards him more or less. How many years had it been that he stepped into any human domain? How had it changed over the years? Who was reaching towards him with such magic?

I hereby swear, That I shall be all the good in the world,

That I shall defeat . . . all evil in the world!

Well that's good. It would be terribly bad if they wanted to do something else in the world. What else could they do in the world anyway? Hurting people seemed like a lot of effort and work, such a great pain to go through all that suffering. And what do you get? Nothing. Just a lot of empty rooms because you hurt people so much they didn't want to be around you.

Seventh heaven clad, And the great words of power,

Come forth from the circle of bindings, Guardian of Scales!

Oh goody that meant him! Meredith didn't quite much care for what exactly was in front of him. He took the momentum of the summoning to launch himself forward and land on whomever was waiting for him on the other side. Tackling them into a hug and nuzzling their cheek with his.

"I am so glad you chose me!" Meredith cheered in a sing song manner.

• Love
Reactions: Teiso
Tai TokoYami: Master of Saber
After the blinding light was gone, he was immediately shown a beautiful, woman. He had to quickly rub his eyes just to make sure he saw everything correctly. 'I mean hey i was blinded for a moment so it could be my mind playing tricks on me.' Tai thought to himself. After his eyes opened for the second time, he saw her still there, Wearing a very elegant looking kimono. He then began to help himself up, standing up properly towards her. Nodding his head in response to her question.
"Yes, I am your master and you must be my servant....."
He paused for a moment, resting his left hand over his chin, bracing it with his over arm underneath. "Hmmmm." Was the only sound he let out, as he looked towards her wondering what class of servant did he receive. His eyes examined her attire, then looked for any obvious or hidden weapons she might have hidden on her person. After seeing nothing that 'Popped' out at him her shrugged his shoulders back resting his arms at his side.
"I take it you are a... Caster class? You have no weapons or anything that screams, berserker or rider so caster is the only idea that comes to my mind."
He asked and explained towards her. He walked over towards the open window looking out upon a Hotel room about on the 4th or 5th floor. It looked out over the Felkirch, Austria. Reaching into his black Slacks he pulled out a normal cigarette box and a metal cigarette case. pulling out from the normal box he put one into his mouth lighting it soon after. He returned the normal box to his pocket but left the metal case out. Waiting for her reply he took a small drag of his light cigarette and looked over his command seals on the back of his right hand. The dark red markings etched a simple yet elegant design of a sword surround at each side by what seems to be butterfly wings.
"Hah, it looks like my command seals also mirror my servant, you seem simple yet elegant but you are also a warrior hence why the sword in the middle."
He proclaimed towards her his cigarette being held between his middle and index finger.
th

"I see" Rider said as she gazed at her Master. "In that case you may call me Rider as I'm assuming you all ready know my real name. I look forward to working with you. I can already tell that this is going to be fun! Just imagine how many new recipes I can test on the humans! I have one that I've been working on for quite some time now. It's antibiotic resistant, causes flu like symptoms (my go to illness) and it mimics the effect of herpes!! I'm so excited! I also have another one that I've been wanting to try. It's a new STD that will impact the male more than the female. Discharge, redness, swelling (not in a good way may I add) and it can potentially make them sterile! I can't wait to get started! Let me know if you have anyone you need to get back at, I am more than willing to lend a hand.
"However..." reaching up to her face she then removed her hood and mask, revealing her face. Black hair tumbled out to her shoulders to frame her perfectly oval face. Her complexion was pale and had a slightly greenish/yellow tint to it, like that of an ill person. Eyes a bright green, almost a bio hazard green, stared at Sumiko in a wild excitement.
"I do no believe I got your name".

"Strange.." Eli said as he got up and looked about the room.
Have I fai.....Umph.. Cut off mid sentence, Eli was knocked to the ground for the second time in the last five minutes. Only this time he was shocked to find that it was not a blast of power that had thrown him to the ground, but a man.
"What the Hell? Who are you? Wait no, are you my Servant?!" Eli frantically asked as he pushed the man away from him and got back up on his feet. Now taking the time to study the man before him Eli stared at the Servant in front of him.
His hair was white and shaggy, while his eyes were the color of the sea. In his current form he processed what Eli concluded to be a tail, however the strangest thing about him was the cloud of foam he sat atop of.
Slowly coming to the realization that the summoning had been successful, Eli let out a rare grin of satisfaction. He had done it. He had summoned the very King of Atlantis. He (in his opinion) had just won the Grail War. Disregarding the strange hugging thing earlier, Eli composed himself and introduced himself to his Servant.
"My apologizes for my earlier behavior, I was just a little surprised to find you here. I thought I may have failed. Anyway, my name is Eli Goodfield; your Master in the coming Holy Grail War. I assume you are Meredith the King of Atlantis? I must say, I am rather surprised by your appearance. In this world can you not walk on two legs?"

Sygila
[spoili]When the light cleared Sygila had a hard time parsing what was going on.The... thing she had summoned, Berserker? As it approached, she looked at the piece of red cloth that had served as the catalyst. What in the devil's name had Atlas found? She couldn't even think of it long enough, Berserker had reached the cage and with almost childlike curiosity had bitten the metal, and then in anger had proceeded to use its claws to rip apart a piece of the metal sand bars with trivial ease.

It reminded her of just what kind of entity she was dealing with. Even if she couldn't make sense of this red-caped, wolf-like, girl-thing in front of her, it was Berserker, a Servant. Her Servant. As Berserker kept on chewing, Sygila took the time to catch her breath and hesitantly start to let the Sands back into their container. Slowly, just in case. She didn't want to risk it getting damaged, so she started by de-solidifying the piece Berserker was chewing, so that it'd wind up with sand in its mouth.

Clearing her throat, she spoke out, looking at the terrifying beast, trying her best to steel her voice and not tremble, removing the choker to reveal her Command Spells, "B-Berserker! I, Syglia Murmirnea, scorned Alchemist of Atlas, metalmancer extraordinaire, compel you! I am your summoner and Master. You're going to win this War for me, you'll get plenty of prey to hunt. We're leaving."

So saying, Sygila gulped and nervously waited for the connection to Berserker to establish itself. Either it would, at which point she would instantly shut off her Prana connection to Berserker so that it would dematerialize... or it would not, in which case there was still enough of the Sands of Delphi protecting her from the front to make a run for it to the door and out the window, after which presumably Berserker's absurd prana requirement would cause it to vanish from reality.[/spoili]

Caster
[spoili]With every word he heard, Caster drew closer to reality. 'Existence' within the Throne was nebulous and hard to describe, but he vehemently wished to leave it. As he approached, however, he felt... conflicted. He knew the language he was hearing. He understood it, too, both from life and with the Grail's newfound help. And he despised it.

A proud subject of the crown, commanded by a fucking frog. What were the odds... oh he could make a very reasonable estimate, but even if he did, this did not take from his predicament. By all means he should consider it an outrage... but then again, Master of his or not, the summoner was what would anchor him to reality and thus deny the near-nonexistence within the Throne. Not to mention, the summoner would be at his mercy, both for life and the Grail itself. Yes, perhaps it was not so bad an arrangement. He could stomach it. Science demanded that he do so.

When he finally materialized and finally found he could draw breath once again, Caster felt elated. He took in the view of the marvelous pavilion where he had been summoned, before letting his judging gaze rest on the two humans in front of him. One, sitting almost regally, tucked away in a corner. The other, on the ground, exertion and tiredness evident in his visage. He could see the rate of his breath his heightened body temperature.

The answer was self-evident, but nonetheless, it was proper procedure that he ask. With a somber voice, he called out, without moving, resting both hands on the small of his back, "I query you thus: you, are my Master?"[/spoili]

So far, her Master seemed to be of good nature. His gaze did not affect her; she even held still to let him get a good look. She would still need to hear his name and inform him of her fighting style. She was summoned as a Saber class, and it would be wise that he learn all he can so that the two can work together in harmony.

"So it would seem." She smiled at him, "As such, you must have figured out my class is Saber, regarding the sword on the seal."

Tomoe was certain he figured that out. He got that she was a warrior through the seal alone. "What shall I call you?"

She didn't even know what gender her Summon was, much less their name. They resembled to be from the Black Plague in the 14th century. Perhaps a witch doctor of the sort? Or something along those lines? Goodness, did she just summon the master of death? Did Sumiko just summon Death themselves? She shook the thought out of her head. No way could that be it. This person wasn't the Grim Reaper. They were definitely something else.

It was until her Summon removed the mask that she realized it was actually a she. Great, now they were on the right track.

"I am Sumiko.. But, I actually don't know your real name Ms. Rider." She answered the other after she got up. "And I'd rather you not spread sickness, please."

Tai Tokoyami: Master of Saber
He gave her a small smirk before taking another drag off the cigarette. letting out a small puff he turned his head towards her.

"I am Tai Tokoyami, and if you are a saber class and you are wearing a kimono... I take it you are a samurai or have that kind of fighting style no?"

He asked bluntly. Tai was too smart, and his manners had gone out the window. He was here to make sure his sisters never entered or are dragged into becoming mages. Letting out a small sigh he flicked the end of his cigarette with the tip of his thumb. Shaking his head and tossed her the metal case he pulled out.

"I am a mage, your master and I will fight along side you, saber. I will tell you my secret, my fighting style and my wish in exchange you will let me know yours deal?"

He asked tilting his head, to the side hoping this would be a good starting place for them.

"Now then, I am a mage who specializes in runes and shiki scripts. Some people call me an exorcist or an onmyouji. I mostly fight upfront in a battle with my runes, but i have a few runs on my body that will give me distance including that case. That case holds my Shiki spirits. They are used for cursing an opponent. Now I told you mine and you can tell me yours Miss Saber."

Furrowing her eyebrows at her Master, "You don't know who I am? Aren't you the one who called me? Ah, you know what? Never mind. Ahem." Rider straightened her back and took a bow, "Pestilence of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse at your service, it is an honor. Now then, where were we? Oh yes, diseases. Now..." Rider stopped when she heard Sumiko say she was not allowed to spread illnesses.
"WHAT?!!" Rider exclaimed as she stared at her Master. "But..but..that's what I'm all about!". Rider then took Sumiko by the shoulders and began to shake her. "You can't do that! Disease is my thing! It's my life and....." Rider stopped shaking her "it's also how we're going to win this War. My Nobel Phantasm you know? Unless of course you don't want to win. Rider said as she threw a fox-like glance at her Master.

Aloise Nightcage

@Blighted_Agent

He summoned Sir Isaac Newton. In a way it felt like Aloise had touched a cornerstone of time itself. Isaac Newton in the prime of his life, standing before him in their family pavilion. He felt honored to have such a brilliant mind summoned to his cause. Aloise was about to speak, when his father began to clap. With no furniture and objects to ground the sound, everything in this room carried, like oddly placed speakers playing music in a cavernous chamber.

"Bravo!" Lucius said loudly, his voice echoed off the walls. Before Aloise could fully stand, his father brushed past him, "I am actually impressed." his father said in a tone he didn't think Aloise could hear, but he caught his father's lips.

"Isaac Newton, yes, this would do nicely," his father continues, he circles the newly summoned Isaac like a dog circling prey before the hunt, "And he can restore our family honor?" He continues to circle Isaac, "He can restore our family to their glory age."

Lucius stops pacing and turns on his heels quickly, looking down Aloise who was slowly standing. His father waited, no demanded an answer with just a stare.

"I am your Master," Aloise says slowly to Isaac and showing his command seal on his left hand. His father doesn't take too kindly to this as he glares at Aloise.

Command_Seal_CC.png

"Tell him, why you summoned here, and what you want from him?" Lucius barks at Aloise, "Oh and I suppose anything else you find important. After you chat with him. Report back to me." With disinterest his father walks out of the pavilion with a commanding step.

Aloise nervously looks at Isaac. He takes a bow.

"I apologize, that is not the greeting I wanted you to hear," Aloise tells him, Aloise smiles, "Oh!" He quickly grabs his textbook of science, which he brought with him before the summon, "May I please have your autograph monsieur?"

Meredith
@Cairo

Weird? His Master did not like hugs. Who in this world doesn't like hugs? You can't say you want to do good things and deny a hug. Meredith listened to Eli Goodfield speak and greet himself. Then ask him about legs. Oh. He supposed he did get a little excited about getting summoned he didn't think that people walked with legs.

Meredith smiles proudly.

"That is correct, I am the King of Atlantis," Meredith says, and he flops on his bed of seafoam, lifting his tail up with a little flick, "Legs? That's what the seafoam is for. I float instead."

He demonstrated by moving to one side of the room to the next, gliding so effortlessly on his seafoam bed. Meredith giggled.

"See, it's elegant, wouldn't you say?"​

Last edited:

Eli watched as Lancer demonstrated moving back and forth across the room thanks to his magical sea foam. Well I guess that makes sense, he is a merman after all, but I will admit, he isn't exactly what I imagined him to be, Eli thought to himself as he continued to watch his Servant amuse himself by gliding around.
"Yes, very. Tell me Lancer, won't that foam slow you down in battle? If so, we may have to be careful as to where we hold our duals. Seeing as you are a merman we should probably stick close to a water body of some kind. That way we'll have a terrain advantage while fighting. If all goes well, we can just drag our foes into the water and drown them. If that doesn't work you'll just have to use your trident. Perhaps I can create some sort of net for you so it is easier to catch them. Once in the net you can easily stab, rip open, or slit the other Servants. Whatever works for you really. Also, I know you can communicate with animals so maybe we can convince some of them to be spies for us, or even better maul some of the competition.Yes, I think we can do this. What do you think Lancet?"

Her Master certainly was a smart one. It was better for the both of them that he have things figured out quickly and efficiently. Though there was a change in atmosphere quite quickly between the two, she respected it. He summoned her for a reason after all. Tomoe caught the case effortlessly and listened to him give her his abilities and what he is capable of. With that in mind, she believed it would be fair if she herself gave him the information he wanted in return.

"You are correct. I am a samurai, and my fighting style reflects that. I specialize in strength and close quarter combat, but my resistance to magic could use some work. My noble phantasm will bring me to my full potential as a warrior; So long as I can close the distance with my sword in hand, I will do my best not to fail you." She said to him then added. "My wish... is to fight that battle again with the knowledge I have now. A second chance to save my sensei."

That battle had always nicked at her since the day she was forced to flee. Tomoe, at the least, wanted to die with her sensei. But instead she was forced to let him die at her sensei's own words. If she could fight alongside her allies and dwindle the opposing numbers before their own, things would have been different.

Pestilence got her there, but it wasn't that she wasn't allowed to spread illnesses. She wasn't allowed to spread them towards the innocent people. She gave a brief thought before she told the other. "How about you spread your diseases against our opponents? Just, please don't attack allies or innocents with.. whatever you might have in mind." She said to her, more or less trying to strike a deal.

Perhaps taking her to the banquet would be a terrible idea... But, maybe not, if the other would be able to hold off on the diseases.

Meredith
@Cairo

How violent and messy this Eli Goodfield was? Meredith frowned and glided close to Eli, having his face only a few inches from Elis. And Lancer? His name was Meredith. Lancer was not cute at all.

"Mer-ed-ith, o-kay," he said with a wave of his finger first, then winked, he glided a little away, "I thought you were suppose to be a good person?"

Meredith crosses his arms across his chest and frowns, sitting back on his seafoam bed. This Eli person wasn't sounded very good with ripping and stabbing involved. Even mauling. Animals weren't meant to be used to maul people. They were meant to snuggle them with love. Spying was okay. But the other thoughts made him queasy.

"I can shoot lightning from my trident, bzap," Meredith said, "And I rather an honorable fight. Rather than a dishonorable one. No mauling and ripping and catching people in nets will not do good. You may be my Master. But I will not be a ruthless killing machine."

Meredith flicks his tail.

"So those are my conditions if you want to work with me, we do it in a fair way," Meredith tells him, "Okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.