ғ ᴇ ᴀ ʀ ʟ ᴇ s s - ᴀ ᴅʏsᴛᴏᴘɪᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ 「ɪɴ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ」

Status
Not open for further replies.
c1ivlJN.jpg
Crusader heard the gunfire fill the room, a few stray shots hitting his armor, but they did little more than hit and fall off. Though a few of the smaller plates on his armor were knocked off completely, the metal clattering onto the floor, sliding around, and clanging on the ground as it was shot around by the symphony of gunfire. His ears were almost ringing, as he took cover, and started to assess the damage of gear, since he was a bit slow to get into cover, with Tia. He also checked over Tia, happy to see she didn't have any new wounds. Though a soft thud against the front of his helmet, nearly shattered the bulletproof glass that made up his face mask.

Alexander couldn't see for a few moments, his fingers reaching up and tugging the wires out of the back of his helmet, before tossing the now broken piece of gear aside. The helmet rolled across the floor, a spiderweb crack covering it, the sight of a bullet embedded in the glass showing just how lucky the RONIN was to have survived. Of course based on the arrival of two more Praetorians, and a hundred different paladins. It seemed that wouldn't be the case for very long.

Granted, the mercenary who had abandoned them earlier, certainly had a way of turning up at just the right moment. The sight of the explosives, and the ensuing panic of the Praetorians and their paladins was all too amusing. Alexander picked Tia up from the floor once more, and followed after Naomi, watching her rip a hole in the outer church wall. Sprinting through the courtyard, Crusader looked much different than before he had entered the church. Several large dents peppered the front of his chest armor, an entire shoulder plate was missing, along with several parts that covered his arms normally. Even his signature helmet was gone, leaving the blonde haired RONIN completely exposed. How strange it felt to stare at the world through only his eyes, rather than a pane of bulletproof glass, with a few fancy displays to make his job easier.

Running with Tia in his arms, Alexander saw the Limo drift into place, the man sprinted over, quickly setting Tia down in a seat, and buckling her nearly lifeless body in. The man however did take out his SPAS-12 shotgun, the stock still folded over the top, waiting to be deployed. Looking up Crusader stared at the sun roof, not able to identify an easy way to roll it down, in his own rush of adrenaline, he slammed opened the stock on his shotgun, and slammed the metal part into the sunroof, shattering it cleanly.

A bit of the glass cut his face, however he didn't acknowledge it for the time being. Instead he stood himself up, torso out of the vehicle, and rested his shotgun against the roof. With just a flick of a switch, he had a semi-auto weapon. Only loaded with buckshot however, the few trigger pulls he took, to try and help suppress the advancing paladins, were mostly meaningless. Buckshot was always regarded as effective at up to 75 meters. However against heavily armored, super humans. It was really just a game of luck, seeing if any stray pellet would hit them between the eyes.

After the ninth shell left the barrel, the shotgun fell silent once more, as Crusader reached down the belt of ammunition he had. Pulling each shell out ,and shoving it into the 8 round tube he had. Remembering to breach load one extra shell of buckshot. He planned to save this reload of ammunition, for anyone that dared to give chase to FEARLESS. Pulling himself back into the vehicle, he finished loading the last few shells, and folded the stock again, to help save room. "Come on, lets get going. I've been shot at, nearly stabbed by both sides, and lost most of my gear in the chaos." He called out to the driver, completely unaware of just how much trouble those who stayed at the AFTERLIFE had gotten into.

3wYGnfp.jpg

Looking around her at all the carnage before her, Juniper let out a long breath. "You're right. I'll have a lot to say, later."

Stepping forward, she was about to make herself useful again when the foreign knight approached from outside, carrying a sleeping Valkyrie. Like FOX, she shot a wary glance at his figure, her posture guarded, before she relented at his own explanation. She shrugged at the RONIN. "I looked better in black anyway." Speaking with a lighthearted comment, she began to move to help with the other wounded.

The sudden gunfire, however, put an immediate stop to that, sending the ex-paladin diving for the ground. Losing any qualms for further disguise, she cursed herself for dematerializing her armor as she re-summoned her shield, ducking down behind it while positioning herself in front of the more exposed members of their surviving team. The white-haired girl mirrored her RONIN counterpart, letting out a colorful string of epithets as a rain of lead and explosions buffeted her armor. The reinforcements that they'd all feared had arrived.

"Ah… fuck."

A sudden lull in the rain of hellfire prompted Juniper to peek from the side of her shield, and she might as well have wished she hadn't. They had the misfortune to meet the second praetorian of the day, and it was one that she was well-acquainted with in his brutality. The entire PALADIN force, formerly her brothers and sisters in arms, were just behind him. She wasn't a fool; with such numbers, she and the rest of the FEARLESS faced certain annihilation.

Her armor and her sword cladded itself around her as she let out a deep sigh, preparing to make her own final stand. If she was going to perish here, she would at least try to take out FURY and have some semblance of a revenge. As they closed in, cutting off their avenues of escape, Juniper made ready to jump forward. But the ex-paladin hadn't counted on the wildcard that was the suicide bomber that appeared above them. She didn't need to be told to not waste the opportunity. Scraping herself off the cathedral floor, she broke out in a dead sprint behind FOX, once again casting off her heavy equipment in favor of speed.

As soon as it appeared, she launched herself through the hole created by the NOAH Juniper had just fought moments ago. Her eyes locking onto the transport that screeched to a halt nearby, she ran in after her allies, covering for them as they boarded before she scrambled on herself.

"That's everybody. Drive, drive, go!"

It was only then that she took a good look at who their saviors were. She raised an eyebrow.

gmTFu7C.png

----
1 1 0 0
H O U R S
----

Yul5rZ6.png

yTEYct7.png

FRZTzJA.png

KRjTm6l.png

wTy1GZ9.png

With STINGRAY firing her rifle from the front seat of the limousine, the back door swung open from the inside, revealing GODFATHER. While the run between the cathedral and the limousine was not that long, it felt like it stretched on for a mile to FOX, who was both cradling Maria in his arms and getting shot at.

"Get your asses in here! We don't got all day!" Gillian shouted from the limousine, moving out of the way to make room for the incoming members of his team. Pouring into the vehicle, the surviving members of FOX's team practically dove into the backseat, shuffling to make room for those behind them before slamming the door shut. Inspection of his team showed that several members of the team were missing, though now was not the best time to mourn the missing. "Alright, punch it!"

Not needing to be told twice, STINGRAY threw her rifle into the empty seat next to her before slamming her foot on the gas pedal. Kicking the limousine into gear, the vehicle accelerated and left the army of Paladins in the dust. As the limousine charged down the street, FOX placed Maria into one of the seats before buckling her into place. "Give the seats to the wounded and buckle them in." FOX began, turning to the rest of his team. "We can't have them bouncing around. The rest of us will just have to hold on tight." Placing his hand on Maria's shoulder, the team leader closed his eyes for a moment. "You'll be alright. We'll get you out of here." He promised her, his hand leaving her shoulder to pick up his rifle.

Chevalier did as he was instructed, placing Valkyrie into a seat beside Maria before buckling her. "Mon Dieu! She drives like a maniac!" The blonde haired warrior threw his arms around Valkyrie's legs to avoid being hurled about the limousine like a ragdoll as the vehicle threw itself around a nearby corner.

Memorizing the nearby streets like the back of his hand, FOX quickly realized that STINGRAY had taken a wrong turn. The quickest path to the AFTERLIFE was a right turn, not a left. "Hey! Why'd you turn left?!" FOX shouted down the length of the limousine. STINGRAY shot FOX a glare through the rear view mirror before turning her focus back onto the road ahead.

"It's gone. They attacked us while we were defenseless. I was the only one who escaped." Gillian explained, placing his hand onto his younger brother's shoulder.

"Wh-what?" FOX froze, his eyes wide open as they turned to his brother. "Sarge... Goblin... they're all...?"

Gillian nodded, "We were tricked. Everybody is gone."

The loss was almost too much for Jonathan to handle. Wanting to toss his rifle against the ground and scream, he knew he had to clear his composure. "I... I see." He mumbled, his eyes beginning to well at the thought. They had won the war against KING, but they had lost the war so terribly. Everything that the team had fought for was disappearing one by one. Soon, they would all be dead. "Where will we go now...?" FOX asked, wondering where they would go next.

"I've got it covered." Jill remarked, removing her phone from her coat pocket. As she sped down the road, she dialed a number and placed the device against her ear. "Cass. Don't go to work today. We closed the bar early. There's something important I need to talk to you about. I'll be over in a few minutes." She spoke calmly, though she knew her dear friend would know something was terribly wrong, "Oh... and I'll be bringing a few friends. I hope that's alright." She added before hanging up.

The limousine took a few turns before Jill pulled the vehicle into a nearby alleyway, parking the car in the tight corridor. Switching the engine off, she turned to face the team as she opened her door. "Get out." Jill explained, grabbing her rifle as she stepped out of the vehicle. Stepping into the alleyway, she slung the rifle over her shoulder before marching to the back of the limousine, popping the trunk open.

As FOX and the rest of the team gathered the wounded and unconscious members out of the limousine, Jill and Gillian grabbed several sets of black military bags from the trunk of the vehicle. Luckily, Jill had been smart enough to pack medical supplies, food and most importantly, extra weapons and ammunition for a situation like this. "What if they find the limousine?" Chevalier asked as he carried Valkyrie in his arms.

"I'll take it out and destroy it once the heat blows over. Too risky to move around right now." Jill explained before beckoning the team to follow. Moving through the alleyway, Jill checked to make sure that they weren't being followed before leading the team to the other side of the alley, which led out to another street. Taking a sharp turn out of the alleyway, Jill stepped into the first building beside the alleyway.

Opening the door, the team entered the bottom floor to a large, slightly run down apartment complex. While it certainly wasn't the nicest place, it seemed like an excellent place to hide out. Pushing a button on the nearby elevator, Jill punched in the number to her contact's room on the keypad. After the intercom rang aloud a few times, Jill brought her lips towards the speaker. "Cass. It's me. Let us in, please."

G8W8H3R.png

"I'm sorry, miss, but pets aren't allowed in this establishment."

Due to the missions that had been taking place, Jill had left her to take care of the mundane aspects of maintaining the AFTERLIFE. In fact, for the past couple of weeks, Cassia, in one way or the other, was given free liberties to practice her 'medicine' in the comfort of her own apartment. It wasn't the best living arrangement in the VALHALLA, but she had nothing to complain about. Almost a day or two after Cassia began living on her own, a strange black cat followed her home.Taking to him immediately, the Seraph allowed the NOAH to stay with her for as long as he pleased. As long as he tagged along with errands.

Did Cassia know after all this time that the cat was possibly a NOAH in disguise? She had her assumptions after the second or third grocery run, to say the least. It wasn't often that cats carried firearms or were able to carry large bags of fragile groceries. Considering he wasn't much of a bother, she allowed him to roam free.

A bored-looking man chastised the petite woman in front of her as the cat hovered nearby on her left shoulder. It was likely that the store owner thought she was a young child, naive to the rules of the world. The seraph gave him what looked like her best pout. "Please, sir?" She pleaded, curling her lip and widening her childlike, green eyes. Cassia looked down on the ground as if she was being caught stealing from the cookie jar. "I... I can't be without my kitty. W-What if I get lost in that big, scary store without him? Mother and father had only sent me to pick up food, and if I don't..."

Fake tears poured from her youthful face as she sobbed loudly. While it was awfully overdone, the adults in the store had given the man quizzical looks. The manager sighed, glaring at the feline in front of her. "Fine." He resigned, gritting his teeth in the process. "But come back again with that damn cat and you'll be sorry."

Almost immediately, the seraph beamed. "T-Thank you, sir! M-Momma and poppa will be proud!" She rushed in through the door, resisting the urge to burst out laughing. Hidden in between unoccupied aisles, Cassia crouched down, allowing the feline to jump off.

"Mission accomplished."

Coming back with large bags of various food and alcohol, prepared to take them back to the AFTERLIFE, the familiar smell of smoke froze her. Her hands shook she closed her eyes. No. NO! A wave of paranoia struck her as she leapt into hiding in an alleyway. Smoking outside of the AFTERLIFE was nothing uncommon. There was nothing to worry about, she told herself.

Several gunshots and the sound of burning overwhelmed her senses. "NO!" Cassia shrieked, before covering her mouth frantically, dropping her bags. Was anyone nearby to hear her? Was she dead? What about the mission? Her heart was pounding at an inhuman pace as she struggled to maintain her sanity. The seraph's head nearly crashed into the wall as she stumbled towards the FEARLESS hideout. Her vision blurred as Cassia decided to focus on the ground to steady her footing.

However, looking up was hell. She witnessed the AFTERLIFE turn into a smouldering ruin. Cassia had to help, she was FEARLESS, goddammit. Cassia had died once, she could do it again, no big deal. A small voice in her head told her to flee to escape all odds stacked against her. Breathe in. Breathe out. The Seraph reminded herself as the world moved ten times as slowly. Everyone is dead, Cass. You're next.

Everyone is dead. It's all your fault, Cassia. I hope you're proud of yourself. Everyone is dead. Everyone is dead. Everyone is dead. Everyone is de--

Her phone rang, nearly causing her to cry out. With shaking hands, she held the phone to her ear. Jill didn't know. Nobody knew. If Stingray had not called, the revolver under her skirt would have been responsible for her death. With a superhuman amount of self-awareness, she covered her mouth to keep herself from hyperventilating into the microphone. Once Jill hung up, Cassia closed her eyes and took a swig from a small silver flask tucked under her chest.

It took only seconds for the mysterious drug to take effect, her typical calm demeanour returning. "Come on, kitty, let's take these home." Cassia forced a grimace as she quietly made her way back to her apartment.

Like a drugged zombie, she arrived into her complex. Time mattered little to her as she huddled into a fetal position just in front of the door. Groceries were sprawled out carelessly with a half-empty bottle of vodka. At her mental state, it merely tasted like water that burned her throat. While this wasn't out of the ordinary, Cassia realized how numb she was. No matter how much she was falling apart, the Seraph never cried. Even as a little girl, Cass couldn't remember the last time she shed a genuine tear. Perhaps that habit was more unhealthy than she gave it credit for.

Cassia let the intercom ring for another dazed minute before wordlessly pushing the button to let them in. No one needed to know what she had saw. No one needed to know how everything was her fault.

The run down studio apartment was rough around the edges, though, it sufficed with the essentials. In the kitchen, there was a fridge and stove mounted beside cupboards and counters, and a small wooden table to eat. A single industrial sink laid in the centre in case anyone wanted to wash away blood or food. The empty living room had nothing but a worn couch-bed and small television. Her bedroom was simply a double bed with nothing more than a blanket and pillow that was soon to be given away to the wounded. In fact, it wasn't really a bedroom, considering it was a mere studio. Technically speaking, her bedroom was her entire apartment. The bathroom consisted of a tub with a mounted showerhead, a sink with counters stocked with various toiletries including minor sewing supplies, and a mirror cabinet. A small washing machine and dryer were mounted on top of each other, with a clothes rack that acted as a clothes line to let bloody clothes dry. Several buckets were stacked nearby for whatever reason.

Scattered around the corners, strange contraptions pumping out certain pills and syrups were laid out in a systematic function. Her medical kit lied somewhere nearby. The respective drugs' names were omitted from any possibility of labels, each pill or bottle only having lazily printed diagrams of their chemical structures. Overall, the apartment was colourless, and only covered the essentials for a resistance member.

Haphazardly laying down blankets and other supplies on the ground, she rushed over the the door and welcomed her new guests. Opening the door, she allowed the soldiers to enter with their wounded. "You came just before lunch." Cassia remarked dryly and looked them up and down, suppressing her squeamish tendencies. "You all have to fight over the sofa bed or the blankets, but there should be enough to go around~" The Seraph acted as if nothing happened. It didn't help for her to worry. That job was for the fighters. "Oh, and don't touch the pills. The alcohol is yours, but drink responsibly. It's a bad time for your liver to fail on you... I know from experience. If you start bleeding too much or are lonely enough to talk to me, call me Cassia or Elixir."

"...welcome home." Her voice was quiet as she addressed Jill privately, awaiting whatever news she had for her. For now, Cassia gave a sad smile to her dear friend.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Valor
GOgnKzr.jpg

Resigned to life as a cat was nothing knew for Southpaw, he was more than happy to abuse his smaller form, to help others, and help himself. Though he knew he had made a mistake by picking such a smart woman to accompany. The black cat knew well, if not immediately that he had made some major mistakes upon arriving at her apartment. Cassia was quick to note every inch of his gear, regarding it as strange, and unlikely to be handmade. Southpaw quite enjoyed someone so observant, however he wasn't going to prove to her he was a NOAH Yet. Perhaps the cat was just strong, from being trained to carry things around various FEARLESS hideouts.

At least that's the aura Southpaw tried to give off, as he sat in the apartment, watching, and perhaps analyzing every bit of the woman's motions. A few days early he had abandon his gear. Or more correctly had left each, human sized piece in random locations in the apartment, and also outside in various nooks and crannies. Though he did keep on the tan, one piece uniform. Putting up quite a fight anytime someone tried to touch it. It seemed the cat had something against being 'naked' for a long period of time.

"Numb, so numb to everything aren't you? Forced and faked emotions in public. And yet you lay here, ingesting enough liquor to kill a grown man. I can only wonder what types of tolerances you've built up, considering how you drink vodka like water. Perhaps you'd put the metal one...Naomi, to shame." The cat pondered to himself, mostly absent. He knew to stay away when the woman had a breakdown. He wasn't quite sure pushing himself up against her was ever a good idea at these moments. Southpaw however had listened quite intently to the phone conversation, and as he heard the buzzer ring, a heavy purr rumbled in his throat.

Guests, another group of people to examine and learn. Perhaps a few women, to let his wandering eyes gloss over. Though he also understood many of them were likely wounded, a chill running up his spine at the sickening thought of blood, and gore. A delight when he saw it painted across the walls, spilled out from clerics bodies. Yet a complete horror when it was a fellow member of FEARLESS.

Though he had already witnessed the Afterlife burning today, he held no strong attachment to the building itself. Though some of the residents he remembered quite well. Southpaw shook his head some, always a bit quicker to cope, mostly because his status as an infiltration NOAH, and assassin meant he always had to be fully focused. He always tried to avoid attachment, to those the most at risk. Which meant RONIN were usually ignored, and NOAH were on a case by case basis in his mind.

And thus, finally Cassia stood up, and let in her guests. Southpaw himself remained sitting atop the fridge, just watching. Not moving, almost like a statue. His eyes took in every detail, quickly trying to analyze each person entering, and what they brought with themselves. Jill, a woman even Southpaw knew well was the first to enter, carrying what appeared to be quite heavy black bags.
"Weapons, ammunition, some of the shapes also suggest extra food, to accommodate the other survivors, and relieve strain on Cassia's own ability to try and feed the wounded. I'd also predict medical...is that Gillian?" Certainly it was quite the surprise to see the commander of FEARLESS still alive! The Godfather had survived the massive, all consuming flame that was the Afterlife early in the day.

Southpaw let his tail sway from side to side, excitement overtaking him as he realized perhaps FEARLESS still had a hope, with Godfather up and breathing. The few others that filed in were generally unfamiliar. A Ronin, dressed in modified cleric armor which was falling apart. Several wounded women he couldn't even begin to try and figure out...even the blonde man, in armor seemed new, and unfamiliar. Perhaps Southpaw had spent too much time wandering, and working on his own. He hadn't faintest clue of some of these people.

Though the white haired woman looked oddly familiar. Yet he couldn't place it, the face seemed right, as did the ankles, which he was used to being next to when he passed people. Yet her hair...her hair was so out of place, and stark white. It was as white as the old Ronin, Andre's hair.

However, there was truly one person that stood out to Southpaw right away. Who could truly miss her? Naomi, the titan...one of the few NOAH belonging to the exact same generation of the Oracle project as Southpaw himself did. They were exactly the same in age. Both considered quite old actually for NOAH. The black cat almost felt himself start to tremble at the sight of her...fear, fear was a defining emotion when he thought, let alone saw that woman. He'd heard the stories, even flicked through the files detailing her creation. She was truly a force to be reckoned with. Someone so dangerous, was almost appealing to the cat.

After all, the cat was always regarded for his, 'excessive' bloodlust. Examining her beauty, and terror all at once, Southpaw silently hopped down off the fridge, and went over to the couch. Hopping up, and stretching out. Laying down, he took over an entire cushion without any sign of being sorry. He planned to establish his dominance quickly, and get comfortable. His life of snuggling against the couch, and various other soft objects in the home, was not about to be taken away. At least, not until someone picked him up, and moved him somewhere else.

Laying on the couch, he didn't need an introduction now, as he made sure to face his body, so anyone could read the large patch on the front sleeve of his uniform. "Southpaw", Was set on the shoulder, written in bold letters, set against a black background. The cat was more than happy to make himself known. Sure at the moment he wasn't at all a name to be feared, however it always was important to him to give off a good appearance.​

vNP7pYP.png

Naomi said nothing when she learned the fate of Afterlife, although her teal eyes slightly faded as she cast her vision downwards and let out a small sigh. Pain was not something that was alien to her, granted this was a different kind of pain... though there would be time to mourn the dead once they were safe in a secure location. Titan continued to hold Arata steady as the car bounced, remaining seated with him even after FOX ordered them to buckled the unconscious into the seats. It was better for him to remain on her, since her weight and strength would give him the most amount of support.

When they eventually came to a stop she would carry his body out, her eyes briefly seeping the area which she didn't recognize. Valhalla was a big place, a place even she hadn't fully explored given the amount of time she'd spent wondering around prior to finding her place within Fearless. Naomi would enter the apartment second to last, her bare feet creaking the floorboards beneath her as she walked over and set Arata down on the couch gently before exhaling a long breath. He still seemed to be breathing, which was something, but that fight must have taken it's toll on him, similarly in how it had done on her.

"I'll take the floor, the bed doesn't look like it'd hold my weight" she said dryly, her dress once beautiful now stained red and barely clinging to her petite frame. Her skin was still stained by blood, devoid of wounds as they'd long since healed from the fight. All that she could feel now was exhaustion, tiredness and what she referred to as a 'phantom ache' which was the feeling of her muscles complaining, even though they were built to regenerate the torn tissue almost immediately. "Although, I'll take you all on for first use of the shower" she said with a tired toothy grin, her hands on her hips as she attempted some light humor.

A few moments later and the Titan would have left the room to find the bathroom. Usually she would have let someone else use it first, given wounds and all that but out of all of them she perhaps had been stained the most after her onslaught on the king's body after she'd pinned him beneath her. Frankly, she stank of blood and sweat and it'd probably do everyone a favor if she got herself washed up before staining the apartment. The bathroom appeared to have everything one would need to ensure they were clean and to her it was more than a welcome sight, even provoking a small smile from the Titan.

She didn't waste time getting started, sure that the others would want their turn as she twisted the taps to set the flow of water from the wall mounted shower head. She closed the door before shedding the blood stained dress onto the floor along with her underwear, balling it up and placing it in the sink for now since she thought it was best not to stain the floor, stepping into the shower a moment later to let the warm water run through over her face and through her long dark hair, red water collecting around her feet as the blood was stripped away. She let out a gentle sigh before opening her eyes to the shelf.

Naomi picked out the first bottle she could find, a mint green colored bottle that read some sales bullshit about soft smooth skin, taking a small dollop of it onto her hand before lathering herself in the foamy goodness, rubbing away the more stubborn blood stains that clung to her figure. After roughly fifteen minutes she'd managed to clean herself up, her hair included. The Titan stepped out of the shower after turning off the taps, drying herself off before picking up some clothes. Thankfully among the provisions that were brought with them, clothing replacements were on the list.

The clothing options could have been a little better but with the fall of Afterlife and their current situation she couldn't really complain, not to mention her replacement clothing was surprisingly comfy. Naomi would eventually re-appear in a blank white T-shirt which appeared a bit big for her, combined with some shorts. In fact, they looked more like PJ's than actual clothing but she couldn't say she really cared. Appropriate clothing would come in due time but for now, they could afford to take a minute to rest up after the long day and difficult fight.

She took a seat on the couch, picking up the strange cat before placing it back down on her lap, feeling a bit bad for disturbing it. "Sorry little guy, but there's not enough room so my lap will have to do for now" she said, stroking the small animal behind it's ears as she enjoyed the feeling of being some what comfortable, being off her feet in a moment of relative safety. "Oh, the bathroom is cleaned for the next person... though I didn't know what to do with the blood stained dress" she said with a sheepish look, thinking that they should probably dispose of the old clothing in a way that didn't risk suspicion.

GOgnKzr.jpg
A certain sense of terror always did flood through Southpaw when someone picked him up. His body tensing, each muscle pulling until they were taut. The voice speaking to him certainly didn't help him relax anymore. However the soothing words, the gentle petting right behind his ears. He sweetly pressed his head into the titan's hand, purring as he relaxed. Certainly he wasn't the easiest animal to pet, due to the little uniform he wore. His paws started to gently knead against Naomi's legs, he was careful to keep his claws inside his paws, knowing she had just come off quite a rough fight. Granted, that's also because he understood his claws were sharp enough to cut through the full metal suits of armor, certain cleric units wore. He wasn't really sure how much effect they'd have though, at this current size and stature.

Southpaw was more than happy to lay in the woman's lap, snuggling against Naomi, he rolled onto his back in her lap, giving a sweet, attention demanding meow. His pupils going wide with joy, as his paws kneaded at the air...oddly he was comfortable enough already around the woman he had feared just moments before, to expose his stomach, one of the weakest points of his body. It was truly a sign of trust, one that he usually didn't give out. Even Cassia, after feeding him, and letting him live there for several days, had never had the pleasure of seeing the uniformed cat freely expose his soft underbelly.

"I wonder what I can learn? If I gain your trust, will you tell me the truth behind yourself. Or will silently use me to calm yourself. Oh how I wonder, what you'll tell me...once I peel away your outer shell, and break the barriers that make you seem like such a cold, emotionless woman." If a cat could grin, Southpaw certainly was at this own poor sense of humor. Something about considering his own thoughts...and even being somewhat cruel about people was what kept him happy. He knew everyone he loved could die at any moment, and most of them had endured so much pain and terror. For him it was just easier to laugh it off, at least to himself.

So now the cat had a game to play. Breaking past the most guarded part of the Titan. Her mind. For the cat it was something he quite desired to explore. Usually Southpaw was more inclined to explore a woman's body, examine, and memorize every inch. Yet for the time being, Naomi didn't provoke that more primal desire. Instead he saw the woman as an equal...a worthy challenge, for his job as an intelligence gathering NOAH. Infiltration was also a specialty, which made this whole ordeal even easier. Or at least it did in his own mind.

64dGx3a.jpg
Cold.

He opened his eyes to find himself somewhere else.

An apartment. Everyone else stumbling around. The stench of blood was strong even now. Blood and charred flesh. He coughed, black flecks spewing out. Corruption purged upon the apartment floor. They squirmed, like living organisms, before the blackness dissolved, turning into dark wisps blown away by a meager breeze.

Every part of his body hurt, agony chewing at him everywhere. How much had he lost this time? He shouldn't have paid the price himself. Should have fed. The same thoughts that he had thought moments before passing out looped once more. Flesh smelled too sweet, blood too intoxicating. A red haze descended upon his vision, aroused by the grief that hung so heavily over everyone. Dark claws clutched at his mind, the black stains persisting even after Regana-Hier disappeared into its interdimensional prison. It would be fast. It would be worthwhile. They couldn't stop him. Not as weary as they were now. Not in such close quarters.

Naomi was in another room. Tia and Maria were knocked out still. Juniper was the enemy after all, even if everyone else was willing to overlook it. There were strangers everywhere, people he didn't know.

It wasn't hard to see the truth of the scenario.

FEARLESS was finished. They had exhausted all their resources. They couldn't win like this, not when it took their very best to defeat a single Praetorian. Not when that Praetorian wasn't even trying at any point in the fight.

They couldn't win.

He should just kill them all. Raze the entire New Eccelesian population. Gather up an enormous amount of strength by offering up the whole of humanity to the Weapon of Massacre. That was fair. No one here was worth living for, right? No one…

No one?

The stains receded.

Arata looked at his slender hands, curling fingers slowly into fists. His hand was still his.

The crimson brands within his inkstone eyes glimmered as he looked nowhere in particular.

"Where's Aresia?"

His voice was still his

gmTFu7C.png

----
1 1 0 0
H O U R S
----

wTy1GZ9.png

"Hey Cass." Jill waved solemnly to her close friend as the rest of the team shuffled into Cassia's small apartment. She watched as Naomi disappeared into the bathroom as the others moved about the room, finding places to sit and collect their thoughts. It was obvious that team morale was at a breaking point, with the AFTERLIFE gone and many of their friends dead, the situation was beginning to seem quite bleak. As everyone attempted to get settled in, Jill placed her bags onto the ground by the entrance. She figured she would have plenty of time to go about sorting them later.

Once free of her bags, Jill turned her attention back to Cassia, who seemed rightfully worried and confused about the situation. Slowly, she placed her hand onto her friend's shoulder, hoping to help calm her nerves. "You alright? You look pale." She began, her usual blank expression stretched across her face. It was always difficult to tell what Jill was thinking, her face surrendering very few emotions. Perhaps her eyes had seen far too much recently to worry about conveying such silly things. "You went there, didn't you?" Jill already knew the answer. Cassia had seen what was left of the AFTERLIFE and had probably thought they were all gone.

With a heavy sigh, her hand slipped from Cassia's shoulder to the side of her friend's arm. While her face remained emotionless, the remainder of her body language displayed clear signs of worry. "Sorry. I should have called you earlier." Jill didn't really know what else to say. She was terrible at this sort of thing, though Cassia never seemed to hold it against her. "Thanks for letting us stay with you. We didn't really have anywhere else to go." Removing her chauffeur's cap from her strawberry blonde locks, she casually plopped the black hat onto Cassia's head, the oversized hat practically covering her eyes.

"I'm going to change real quick, then we'll talk in your room, alright?"

Stepping away from Cassia, Jill zipped open one of the black bags she had brought in with her. Pulling out her usual street clothes, consisting of an oversized windbreaker and her usual, white camisole, she stepped into the bathroom to perform a quick change. A quick glance into the bathroom mirror revealed a dreary, broken woman, blue eyes emptily gazing at the image before her. Splashing some water onto her face to calm her nerves, she freed herself of her chauffeur's uniform and back into more comfortable clothes. As she stepped out of the bathroom, she picked up Naomi's bloodied dress, placing it into one of the black bags that still had space in it. She would burn it with the limousine later.

As she stepped out of the restroom, her eyes beckoned for Cassia. "Look, I know you're not much into that sort of thing, but we have a lot of wounded..." She began, knowing that Cassia may feel pressured by the request. "I'm fine myself, but after we talk would you mind checking up on everyone? I'm... I'm not as good at it as you are." She admitted. Cassia was always very supportive - always knew how to cheer people up when they were down. Perhaps the team could use some of that Elixir magic right about now.

Yul5rZ6.png

As FOX came into the room, he immediately skipped the living room to look for Cassia's bedroom. Still cradling the wounded and unconscious Maria in his arms, he hastily brought her into the bedroom, gently laying her down on one end of the bed. After placing her down into bed, FOX needed to check her pulse. "Come on, come on..." FOX muttered to himself as he placed two fingers against the NOAH's throat. "You can't die on me." To his overwhelming relief, Maria's heartbeat was steady. He wasn't about to let her die yet.

Checking her body for wounds, FOX quickly inspected her tattered dress, a mess of dried blood staining the fabric. While this would normally have been quite alarming - the truth was that all of them were covered in blood, half of which weren't there's. Unable to find an answer in his initial inspection, the RONIN took it upon himself to investigate further. Finding what appeared to be a bullet hole in her dress - FOX tore the fabric open. "No... No!" He exclaimed under his breath. If there was indeed a bullet hole, they would need to begin operating immediately.

Luckily, the supposed lethal wound was nothing more than a bruise covered in somebody else's dried blood. Breathing a sigh of relief, FOX was about to begin administering antiseptic to the cuts on her body when a sudden crash beside him caused the post traumatic stress induced soldier to jump in place. "SHIT!" He shouted, throwing his upper body over Maria in an attempt to shield her from what he thought was a fragmentation grenade going off.

When no such explosion went off, FOX slowly raised himself. "Goddamn..." He thought, his hands were beginning to visibly shake. His situation was getting worse and worse by the moment. The Ronin stared at his hand, watching as his hand moved uncontrollably on its own. The withdrawal symptoms from his body's lack of morphine was becoming worse with each passing moment. If he didn't get his fix soon... no... there wasn't any time for that. Focusing his visage back to Maria, he was surprised to find her eyes were now open.

"AH!" Caught by surprise, FOX jumped backwards once again, noticing that he had practically taken off Maria's dress while she was unconscious. "Wait! It's not what you think!" Hah. He was so screwed.
yTEYct7.png

FRZTzJA.png

KRjTm6l.png

As the entire team stepped off the elevator and headed into Cassia's room, GODFATHER stepped in front of the blonde haired stranger, who was still carrying Valkyrie in his arms. "Look, I'm not one to turn down help when we need it, but something tells me you aren't a charity." The FEARLESS commander remarked, violet eyes studying the strangely foreign man in front of him. "I think you have some explaining to do."

Chevalier nodded, knowing full well that this was the part where people started asking him questions. Of course, a dashing knight swooping in and saving them was not enough to warrant these peoples' trust. "Fine, fine." He nodded, sapphire eyes examining the officer in front of him. "I'll tell you what I know, but I think it's best if we get her inside first." Chevalier began, shooting GODFATHER a nod of mutual understanding.

Before Gillian could step out of the way, however, a booming voice surprised the both of them. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" Chevalier and Gillian's eyes bulged in surprise as Valkyrie screeched, her scarlet eyes suddenly wide open. "I don't know who you are, but you've got twenty seconds to put me--" before Valkyrie could finish her sentence, Chevalier released her, watching as the NOAH slammed face first into the ground unceremoniously.

Pretending as if nothing happened, Chevalier and Gillian both waltzed off and turned the corner, seeing Cassia standing at the door. "H-Hello my darling! Do you have any tea?" In the background, Gillian nodded - sweat dripping down the side of his head, "Yeah, tea sounds good right now." Gillian added, pretending not to notice the angry NOAH behind him.

"HEY, WAIT A SECOND!" A confused Valkyrie struggled to her feet before storming into the apartment after them. "WHO THE HELL ARE-" Before Valkyrie could cause any more trouble and alert the entire apartment complex, Jill grabbed her - placing her hand over Valkyrie's loud mouth.

"Shhhhhh." Jill cooed. "We'll talk in Cassia's bedroom, alright?"

Last edited:
VOMSVNP.png

The world felt as if a vacuum had swept the lands, all sounds gone, and her lungs struggling. She knew it was a dream, and yet, her body felt so unbearably weak. She wondered why she did not wake, despite her lucidity, and despite the bodily strain she experienced, but most of all, she was scared. Whereas the night came with its weird, sometimes terrifying dreams, it did grant her a temporary gift. The vivid pictures she could no longer enjoy consciously, they would envelop her in her sleep, allowing her to indulge in what she had long lost.

But now...

"N-NOW! STRAIGHT AHEAD!"

María gasped, her eyes fluttering open, as her lungs ached and strained against the influx of fresh air she sucked in. Her body hurt, more than it had in a long time. A sting in her back screamed at her to get it fixed, and her arms wobbled, trying to keep the girl's frame propped up. But the surface had changed. She no longer felt heated and bloody floor underneath her skin, but instead something soft. Her legs felt even more soft fabric, both below her as well as on top of her. A... bed? And a blanket?

As if the pressure around her slowly faded away, María suddenly heard a voice that momentarily soothed her aching body, and drew her empty gaze towards the source.

"F-Fox?"

She remained propped up, her mouth just slightly opened, until her brain resumed normal function again. Her eyelids fluttered, but something was... wrong. She continued to blink with emphasis. Where are the stars, she wondered quietly, as she kept her eyes closed tightly. The NOAH's chest rose, as she inhaled, and decided to ignore the issue at hand for now. FOX was alive! Did that mean...

"Did... Did we do it?" she asked, sounding like a polite child wondering if it'd get punished for misbehaving, optimistic yet frightened. "Is the King... is he... dead?"

María swallowed hard. It was if chains bursted as she dared to speak the words aloud. Wasn't KING the beloved and rightful ruler? A figure to admire and worship? At least, that was she had been told, for years, always knowing better, but always agreeing. Guilt seemed to rear its ugly head, for merely feeling a sense of relief, but her curiosity and worry about her friends drowned the bastard out--for now.

"Tia! And... Fox, are you okay? Is everyone else okay?" The blurry faces of the other FEARLESS fighters flashed before her mind's eye; Tia... Rubel, who had risked everything. Valkyrie... Naomi, who had opened up the window for Tia and María to strike... She knew that today, all of them, both in and outside the palace had made the impossible possible. But now, before FOX could answer her questions, she felt... chilly? Wiggling herself against the bedhead for more support, she let her fingers glide over her arms, feeling the onset of goosebumps. The tips of her finger crawled higher, and higher until she brushed against the edge of her bra, and...

"Fox?!" she squeaked, quickly covering herself up to the best of her ability.

c1ivlJN.jpg
Alexander was still coming off his adrenaline rush, as he entered Cassia's home. The man wore his tattered armor, over the black body suit he had. It seemed entirely undamaged, however as he finally had a chance to examine himself, he noticed large cracks, and chunks missing from the few metal plates he still had left. His chest was torn to shreds, along with his lower abdomen, and upper legs. Truly just that one barrage of gunfire, had caught him so off guard, he was covered in what would have killed most men. Thankfully he wore what was considered rather state of the armor, far beyond what most of FEARLESS had. Yet even that meant nothing now as it was just scraps.

Having helped to bring in the wounded, he set Tia down next to Maria, but ignored the entire incident, as he just stared at the burnt up woman. He felt awful, knowing perhaps if they had killed Reaper faster, she wouldn't look so...destroyed. Though, he did catch wind of Arata awakening. The RONIN was quick to leave the bedroom, and set his weapon down on the ground. The man crouched down, and pressed a hand into Arata's chest, "Relax...just rest. You're not the most hurt. But you're still wounded. Jostling around will only make it worse." He said, softly...oddly Alexander was showing a more calm side.

He was just as upset about today's events, and the knowledge even the Afterlife was up in flames, was crushing. Yet what hurt the most, was hearing the youth's words, asking about a friend, a fellow NOAH. One who Alexander had stared at...dead on the ground, completely gone from this world. "Arata...I'm sorry. Aresia was killed in combat. She gave her life, to help kill King." He explained, he was a bit tense already. He knew the killing machine that was Arata, so he expected a rage to take over the boy...one he couldn't react to. One that would simply kill most of the room.

"Look. We've lost everything, but each other. Everyone in this room, is what's left. But I need you to keep fighting, don't let their deaths be in vain. Bring down Valhalla, and they will be able to rest. But give up, or turn against us. And their souls will writhe, and scream until another person comes along with a dream to destroy the rulers of New Ecclesia."

Finishing his explanation, Alexander sat down, and started to remove the remains of his armor plating. He just wanted someone to sit with for once...even if it was only in silence. Strangely the berserker, that was Arata was actually the only person who seemed to be unoccupied and awake. "Once I get this armor off, I'll go see if I can get you a pillow, and a blanket. There's not enough beds here for everyone, but you don't need to sleep on the bare floor. That's what a RONIN does. Not a swordsman."

G8W8H3R.png

Elixir was fine. There was no need to worry.

Elixir was a Seraph, serving a non-combat purpose. She wasn't the one that was meant to die in the hands of her enemy nor the one that had to be stitched up. How did Jill cause Cassia to crumble every time? Her facade was effective against others, though, part of that was attributed to the rest of Fearless not caring enough about faked appearances. Her touch calmed her slightly, even if it was unable to calm the tornado that was Cassia's mind at all hours of the day.

Her first attempt was denial, shaking her head at her question. "N-No... Jill..." The Seraph's voice as shaky, unsure of whether or not to lie. The two Seraphim had grown accustomed to disguising their true emotions around the rest of the Fearless. While Cassia's came in the form of trickery and playing pretend, Jill simply omitted them altogether. However, around each other, both seem to waver and fade away. Her body language did not need to say much. "I don't know what to say. It was so hard not to do anything... to follow orders, I--" A resigned voice escaped her lips, one that was foreign to such a youthful face. It didn't suit her, and letting Jill know how she felt was nerve-wrecking.

"You're welcome to say for as long as you want. You did the same for me." Giving her a reassuring smile, she referred to the Afterlife. Even after the short years that Cassia was able to live and work in the Afterlife full time, she was grateful to her dear friend. Not returning the favour went against all she stood for. A puzzled look crossed her face as the oversized hat was placed, covering her eyes. Was that a lightly veiled attempt to calm her further?

Not wanting to question her further, she nodded. "Of course, take your time." Before the young woman left, Cassia gently grabbed her arm, travelling up to her shoulder as the other traced her jaw. Jill had also been in a state of distress, having barely escaped the Afterlife with their lives. Having to witness firsthand the suffering of the NOAH and realizing their mission was a trap took a clear toll on her. "Don't push yourself." Cassia gave her space to change in the bathroom. Being exposed to this amount of blood had to desensitize her somewhat. That, or it was the alcohol.

Gulping nervously, it was impossible to refuse Jill. "I thought you would never ask." Elixir agreed, a semblance of her regular self slowly materializing after her meltdown. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath. It had been a while since she had to operate and treat the wounded and often avoided it in exchange for prescribing medication. Cassia's avoidance of both blood and explosions just had to be tested on this very day.

Oh well, Cassia had always been a reckless soul that constantly pushed her boundaries for better or worse.

Blinking once at Valkyrie's outburst, her attention turned to the two young men. One she recognized as the leader, another was a complete stranger. While curious of the new man's identity, Cassia was the master of minding her own business. "'Darling?'" Cassia let out a chuckle in disbelief. "You're an... odd one." Giving Godfather an inquisitive look, the petite woman turned back into the kitchen. "No one ever takes tea when there's booze nearby. Anyhow, the tea will be ready in a few minutes. I'll bring it to my room once everyone gets settled."

Waiting until the others were gone and into her room, Cassia quickly assessed her priorities. There was tea first, addressing the wounds of the NOAH and RONIN, next was making lunch. The rest was up to fate. Placing a tea spot among other teacups on a large silver tray, Cassia decided to add the bottle onto the empty space. Just in case the wounded found their way into her bedroom. Which was not an extraordinary assumption, considering a few familiar faces were missing from the fleshy masses.

Meeting the group in her bedroom, she was greeted with Fox's presence and the two other wounded fighters. "NOAHs, aren't they?" Cassia addressed Fox, before realizing she could startle him at his state. "You can't operate if your nerves act like they're about to shoot themselves." She spoke matter-of-factually, quickly noting his apparent withdrawal. After nonchalantly setting the tea down on the top of a nearby dresser, Elixir reached into her kit. Being the one typically administering morphine to those working on the field, she began putting two and two together quite quickly. While it had not interfered with his leadership qualities, Cassia knew not to bother him.

Sighing, she pulled a pill bottle sticking a small sticker with instructions. In its contents were blue teardrop-shaped tablets, to be taken once every 12 hours to soothe withdrawal symptoms. "Take this with you. I'll take care of the two of them..." Cassia pat his shoulder reassuringly, moving over to the two bodies in front of her. Turning to Jill and the others, Cassia pulled out latex gloves from her kit, her demeanour quickly changing.

"...Let's talk." Cassia took an empty needle, extracting some kind of clear liquid. If anyone was curious, she planned to operate and listen in on the discussion simultaneously. Whether it was to the dismay of both of the wounded or the leaders, the job will be done one way or the other. The faster the two young women were taken care of, the sooner she could clean the mess off her bed.

3wYGnfp.jpg

Like many of those that came before her, Juniper entered wordlessly. There was little on her person. Long stripped of the original gear that she carried, her rifle was long gone, cast aside in her fight with the late REAPER. Even the CLERIC armor she had donned was all but destroyed, leaving but a dirtied button-down shirt and torn black pants to track back into Cassia's apartment.

The former PALADIN had been silent ever since learning of the fate of the Afterlife and the other teams. She could only respond with balled up fists to punch at walls. Despite their hard-fought victory, having killed KING and REAPER, the sacrifice had ultimately been too great.

Even for her.

As the excitement of battle settled, the adrenaline was replaced with despair. Looking all around her, her white-haired head still bowed, FEARLESS as an organization was dead to her. What was dead was infirm. As every day ticked by, despite the momentary salvation, her reality of revenge slowly dripped away. This time, she actually punched the wall.

"I'm using the shower."

Having not moved from the position against the wall since arriving, the white-haired girl peeled herself off of the cracked surface. Even in her state of near despondency, she chastised herself for wallowing in her thoughts. She could at least make herself presentable and not ruin the hospitality of her pink-haired host.

Entering the bathroom, she closed the door behind her, the strawberry colored stain of diluted blood caught her eye in the sink. Sighing, she began unbuttoning her shirt, shedding her clothes as she inspected her own body. Juniper had been lucky. If anything, she had been broken in mind but not body; aside from bruises and a few medium to shallow cuts that would remain sore in the following days, she was relatively unharmed. The others had it far worse. Fighting the urge to smoke the last of cigarettes as she removed them from her pockets, the ex-paladin set aside the cancer sticks as she rinsed and washed her garments. For now, they were one of her few possessions, and she would have to make do with keeping them. She hung them up to dry alongside all the other bloody clothes.

Juniper was quick in the shower. Normally she would have taken special care to dye her hair, but that too was a luxury that she could not afford at the moment. Making a wry smile at herself, she shrugged herself into her replacement clothes, running a hand through her albino hair that she would soon have to explain.

Trudging back outside, she felt marginally better. With a tired sigh, she retired to the worn out couch that was already the host of Naomi, leaning back with her eyes closed.

"…How are Tia and Maria?"

vNP7pYP.png

The dark haired titan allowed a small smile to grace her features as the cat rolled around on her lap, seeming to enjoy the attention as she continued to stroke behind his ears, moving her he hand down to rub his belly. "Now you're just showing off..." she said as her teal eyes watched the cat, stealing perhaps a moment of calm for herself by pretending to herself that none of what happened today existed. Usually after a mission she would attend the Afterlife bar and drink away the images of crushed and bloodied corpses of the people she'd killed. Naomi never speak about it, but some people in Fearless didn't realize the toll that killing took on the Titan. Seeing the fear in the eyes of your enemies as her huge fists break their bodies over and over with no hope of escape. There was no alcohol here strong enough for her to drink those memories away, no punching bags either.

Their enemies might be twisted, cruel and unkind... but her killing method was not one she'd wish on anyone, perhaps even them. Naomi sighed as she almost visibly deflated at the thought, using her other arm to prop up her head as her hand continued to run it's fingers through the cats fur. She had to admit she found the little outfit both cute and very strange, wondering if someone had made it for him or if such things were actually sold somewhere in Valhalla. The thought was enough to pull her thoughts back from the abyss, well that was until Crusader spoke to Arata with a small speech about not giving up. "Would you cut the shit Alex... take a good look around". The hand that was propping up her head gestured around the room as she sat a bit straighter, "We won but once again it cost us friends and irreplaceable resources".

She paused before continuing, "If you haven't noticed by now, this is a war of attrition and we're losing it dramatically. We killed King, great... but no one's rolling out the red carpet and you want to know why?" her eyes remained on Alex as she spoke, "Because every single time we earn a victory, we say goodbye to more people, more friends... maybe even family for some of us" she sighed, looking back down at the cat, "Makes you wonder how much longer before we'll start taking bets on who will be the last man standing by the time we reach the end game". She could have gone on to include how NOAH's weren't replaceable but given they just lost Aressia she had enough tact to leave the point alone for the time being. "For the record I'm not giving up either, I'm prepared to see this though. But I'm fully expecting to go down swinging and I have to wonder how long till that time comes".

The Titan soon returned to her silent petting of the small animal which appeared at home on her lap, her eyes had turned red again, though it was mostly just a visual indicator of her mood rather than an indicator of her elegance. Those who had known her well for a long time would know there was nothing to fear, Naomi had a few tells when things were about to become.... ugly. Juniper would soon find her seat beside her, seeming every bit as tired of their situation as she was. Naomi gave a light shrug in response to her question, "I wish I could tell you, I think they're both still being seen too in the next room" she replied. Naomi would have liked to go in and offer help, but medicine wasn't her strong suit and she'd undoubtedly just get in the way. The best she could do now was wait and hope that those in the room could help them recover.

GVTuY41.jpg

Though she'd fallen unconscious almost as soon as she'd entered the limousine, Tia could still feel the familiar tugs and pulls of Jill's wild driving. She could still hear faint little sparks of hurried words. And it felt like the ride was lasting much longer than it needed to.

All of this time served as a way for Tia to think deeply. About... herself. About what she was going to do; how she was going to cope. And sooner or later, through pain and wishing she'd never been born for the sake of others, she suddenly found herself stewing on one particular, powerful thought.

She could hate herself, and just end it all. She could run from FEARLESS and go on a blind streak of vengeance if she ever recovered. Or she could live like she used to; hiding in the streets, living off cockroaches and rats, staying out of everyone's way, because she didn't want to see what became of her mistakes.

...But, as the paralyzing chains around her body began to slowly but surely ease up, and as the NOAH began to get used to the cruel embrace of searing flames, her thoughts strayed away from hating herself and began to seek another train of thought. All of her lost comrades... would they really want her to do either of those things? Would they want her to be so arrogant as to think she was the cause of all this harm? That she was why everything was going wrong?

No. Right from the start, it was clear FEARLESS were outnumbered. Their mission was never bound to be a 'flawless' success. Right now, they'd want her to stand with FEARLESS, even till the end. They'd want her to push herself to the limit in order to take down the rule of New Eccelsia. And for the sake of all those who'd faded away, she was going to keep her cool, and act smarter than she'd ever been.

Because now, this was real. More real than it ever had been.

~ ~ ~​

It was on that thought she woke up once more, in an unfamiliar - though somewhat welcoming - room, still being carried by Crusader. She felt her body being laid down onto something soft, and then, something odd happened. Even with the severity of her injuries... Tia wasn't groaning in pain anymore. She was absolutely silent. And although it still looked like she could only manage a slight crawl at the best, her body didn't look so 'locked in place' anymore. She was stirring.

A tired eye looked upwards to the ceiling in apparent confusion for a moment, before it looked up at the armoured man, who seemed to be looking at her in deep thought. ...She didn't want him to feel bad for her. She didn't deserve to be... felt 'bad' for; she wasn't even half the soldier that everyone else in this building was. Her back wobbling a little as she attempted to sit upwards with the best of her ability, a shaky hand grabbed Crusader's own. Moving her lips, her throat seemed to shudder a little, before she managed to get out a word before he departed.

"...Thanks."

For anyone who knew Tia, the voice was eerily not like hers at all, as if it'd come from a different mouth. Low-pitched and rough; a voice like sandpaper. But despite that, there was still a clear sense of gratitude in her tone. Comrades that would have your back. Even with all the countless feelings of pain and guilt-laden thoughts screaming at her, knowing she still had some that would look out for her bought some sort of... warmth.

Releasing the hand after a short pause, a soft 'flump' sounded as Tia fell back onto the soft mattress, staring deeply at the ceiling. A multitude of voices clashed against each other, reverberating strangely in the NOAH's ears as she tried to count people out. She could hear Naomi... Arata... someone unknown... someone unknown who spoke really weirdly... was that Valkyrie? Godfather?

She was waiting to hear some people. Waiting almost desperately, to make out some voices. But, as much as it hurt, Tia knew she could only close her eyes in a mixture of pain and acceptance. ...Now, it wasn't about who'd been lost. It was who was left.

But then, she recognized the voice of FOX, and it sounded close. And then, she heard a voice that made her eye widen. A voice that sounded even closer.

"...?" Slowly but intensely rolling her head over to one side, she could recognize that reddish-pink hair; those faint crimson eyes. One of Tia's eyes seemed to be welling up with tears as her burnt lips slowly curled upwards into a tired, yet wide and genuine smile. ...She hadn't even realized Crusader had placed her right next to her.

Reaching across the bed, a shaky hand searched for and took María's, and she locked her fingers around hers as tightly as she could manage. The feeling of relief was so intense and overwhelming, it almost dulled out the burning pain entirely. ...She didn't want to let go. For some reason, María looked really embarrassed, but Tia didn't even question or notice it at first.
"María... p... please... forgive me. I'm such... a damn... idiot..." Tia shakily whispered to what she assumed would be her 'hospital buddy'. "B-but... in the end... I... I guess I could keep my promise. I'm never... gonna act so stupid... e-ever... again..."

She looked to the other of the bed, and when Rubel wasn't there, her heart seemed to sink. All she could hope was that he'd made it out okay, and he'd come to visit her soon.

Looking back, however, it soon became clear why María had been looking so... awkward. When her eyes eventually glanced from the fellow NOAH's face to her body, Tia's mouth opened slightly. Even with her burnt-up face wincing in pain, on a patch of her untouched cheek, there was some sort of blush was starting to form despite her trying to not stare at María. It was then she saw FOX standing over her, and his face said it all. ...Even in such dire times, some things never changed.

"Didn't think you were... that low... FOX..." the injured NOAH managed to get out in a joking monotone. It was clear she could recognize it was a misunderstanding, but if she could somehow lighten the mood, she'd take anything she could get at this point. "You better have... given back... Naomi's... h-heels... a-after all that damn... t-trouble..."

As unrecognizable as Tia's voice was, it suddenly became notably more 'serious' after a long pause.

"...We're... having to hide... somewhere else other than... the AFTERLIFE, aren't we. Jill... didn't take... a fourth left, I c-could feel it. So... d-does that all mean..." She trailed off, before slowly looking up at the RONIN. Although there were glints of sadness in her eye, there was a look of understanding starting to surface on her face. "You can... tell me... the truth, FOX..."

It wasn't much longer before an unknown, pink-haired, small figure was soon standing above her. Judging by the fact nobody was trying to tackle her to the ground, it was clear whoever she was, she was to be trusted. By this point, even talking as much as she did made Tia feel as if she was ready to pass out again. But as she made out what this girl was holding, the NOAH looked very much awake, trembling slightly. A needle.

As the short, rose-pink haired girl attempted to inject Tia, a very faint, metallic 'ringing' could be heard as the needle part of the syringe seemed to be vibrating slowly. Whenever the needle seemed to get close to piercing Tia's skin, it seemed to swerve off course, hitting nothing but air or the bed instead. The NOAH, her eye watching the syringe with fear, eventually seemed to realize how childish and uncooperative she was being, and closed her eye tightly as she tried her best to not subconsciously use her ELEGANCE.

"Don't... leave... the needle in for too long... p-please..."

It was clear that for whatever reason, Tia was terrified of injections. Even if that needle was probably one step in the process of making her able to walk again, she couldn't help it. Syringes bought back anything but good flashbacks: what little faded memories there were of being experimented on. Gripping María's hand tightly subconsciously, as if for some form of comfort, Tia did her best to squirm as little as possible as she was treated.

Last edited by a moderator:
64dGx3a.jpg
Relax? Wounded? Crusader's consoling words held no meaning to Arata, not when the man was just an errant mishmash of raw flesh and bone, arteries pumping blood through a flesh vessel. It disturbed him, but the fear that once was there no longer existed.

Arata blinked, and the blonde-haired, blue-eyed man was restored, along with a spike of fear that came along with it. There was something better to look at. Something more important.

He trained his gaze onto his hands. Still slender and soft, cool and smooth.

He trained his gaze onto his feet. Dirty, but not burnt by the colossal sword manifested by the fiery titan.

He trained his gaze onto his chest. Clothing singed at parts, bloodied at others, but unharmed.

He shook his head, slowly. "I'm not…wounded. I'm fine." A pause. Contemplating loss. Aresia gave her life to help kill King? Those red rings scorched deeper into his vision. A different emotion boiled within, as more of Crusader's words spewed out, ineffectually. The NOAH's eyes narrowed incrementally. Gave her life to kill KING?!

You fucking liar.

Aresia wasn't even there. She was doing nothing. She hadn't appeared at all. She didn't need to die. She promised him. What life had to be given? And rest? Souls writhing, screaming? Did that man know who he was talking to? Did he understand the function of the Weapon of Massacre? Did he truly know what happened to the dead? So many sacrifices. So much loss. And he still couldn't understand why they were so interested in glorifying death, in seeking death. The dead was just food, something to be consumed. Their essence just lingers and disappears. His sword just drinks it all up and up and up and up and UP!

A soul existed, but just because it existed didn't mean it was anything special. And Aresia was just another that was cast into the abyss.

She was going to teach him to make soup.

Aresia. MacDonald. Tara. Misery. Job. Raphael. Leo. Diane. Ji Yun. Victoria. Karin. Auratta. Andre. Elizabeth. Arisha. The list went on and never stopped. So many missed opportunities that he could only see once they were forever lost. So many names that continued to pound more stakes in his heart until he felt everything was gushing out of his chest. So many people he could have done something with. Said something to. And Naomi's words only caused those wounds to fester.

There would be more losses to tear open the scars.

"I…" A strangled breath. "…don't need to sleep anymore."

For a moment, his slight frame shrivelled up, crushing something inside.

Arata rose up and marched towards the Godfather, the man that ordered deaths and continued to order them. Were they doing surgery? Bringing back the injured to fight further?

Doesn't matter.

'What's next?'

But his voice wasn't his. The brand seared his thoughts, incinerating hesitation and rationality, mutating the query.

"Who do we kill next?"

c1ivlJN.jpg

Alexander was fairly quick to react to the sudden change in emotion, that Arata displayed. Watching the young male stride toward Godfather, he picked up his shotgun, and gave the slide a quiet, half-rack to ensure a shell was in the chamber, before sliding it back forward. The man wasn't about to lose there only leader, to some kid, with issues about losing friends. Alex had watched faces come in, and disappear from his bar from years. Each one wearing down on his soul in a different way...kids, adults, mothers, fathers, and everything in between. He was more than happy to contemplate blasting a round of buckshot clean into Arata's back. The youth would barely feel it, he wouldn't even hear the shot. His heart...ribs, lungs, everything would be sprayed across the apartment, but the killing machine that was so unpredictable would be out of play.

However he reminded himself Arata was only a kid...Setting the gun down, he stood up, and walked over to the bag of clothing. He'd be dammed if Arata was going to become a lifeless, blood hungry zombie. Alexander couldn't bring back the dead, but he could remind the living of why they still needed to be themselves. "I'm going out to run some errands. I'll be getting essentials, and...salvaging." He remarked, as he picked out a t-shirt, and a pair of jogging pants. Easy to move in, and easier to hide a gun in. Slipping a hoodie over top of it all to cover his upper half.

Leaving the body suit underneath was intentional, it was burn proof, and would help him salvage things a bit easier. Though he did grab some leather gloves, slipping them on his hands as a way to help him grip onto hot items, without burning himself too bad. His final step was to look through the guns Jill had brought. Grabbing a USP 45, and a few magzines, he slipped the weapon, loaded into the waistband of his sweatpants, tugging the hoodie down over it to make sure he wasn't showing off the handgun. The few extra magazines found there way into his pockets. A knife and sheath, an aged M9 bayonet was pressed into the pants he wore as well, giving him the proper equipment, though the lightest possible load to defend himself while he was out.

Though for a moment the RONIN reconsidered his choice. Fumbling about, he found a suppressor for his handgun, perhaps the luckiest find he could ask for. Screwing it onto the USP, he slipped the weapon back into its makeshift holster. Certainly he wished he could bring more firepower, however it would be too suspicious, and much too loud. So instead the RONIN stood back up, and walked toward the door, pushing it open, "I'll back back in a bit, if I'm not. Assume I'm out drinking..or dead."

His remark sounded a bit colder, as he adjusted his hood, and pulled it over his head. "Fox. If I don't come back. You better kill two clerics, for every one, that someone else gets in my memory." Chuckling a bit to himself, Alexander was gone, shutting the door behind himself. Walking down the steps of the apartment, his step had less of a bounce...it was hard, each footstep echoing his determination, to finish the job. To get some sort of vengeance for the bar, the friends, and everything he had lost that day. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, he practically rammed his shoulder into the door, and burst out into the streets.

Alex felt like a new man, everything was gone, just himself and a gun were left. All of his memories in the Afterlife. Were burnt to a crisp, each thing that mattered to him, meant nothing anymore. Yet he knew something might still be there, that the others wanted. That was perhaps all that pushed him still, the idea of making the others happy again.

It hadn't hit him, but Alexander had took off running, and before he knew it, he was within a few blocks of the Afterlife. Ducking into an alley right next to the building, he pulled out his knife, and pistol. Racking the slide back, he was happy to load the first round of .45 ACP, twelve shots, he had twelve shots that he'd need to make count. He only had brought along thirty-six rounds of ammunition. He could only pray there weren't more than a dozen or so clerics left watching the place.

Granted, he got his answer when he poked his head around the corner. Two clerics, talking, less than ten meters away. It was be quick and easy to kill them. Yet he took a chance to survey the area around the two, making sure to check for any potential witnesses. Seeing none, Alex took his chance, He threw his knife with a grunt, the blade flipping through the air, thrown by a man flooded with rage...but forced to hold it back. It slammed through the face plate of the Cleric's helmet, a face plate which Alex knew quite well, because he wore the same helmet before today. The blade buried itself firmly in the front of the cleric's skull, killing him instantly.

A dead sprint forward, Alex rammed the barrel of his suppressed pistol into the second cleric's neck, likely shattering his windpipe with the focused impact. However he pulled the trigger to make sure. Spraying the man's throat, and fragments of the bones in his neck across the ground. He watched the man twitch for a few moments on the ground, before his brain finally accepted it was dead. Bending over Alex ripped his knife out of the other cleric's skull, wiping the blood off on the man's uniform.

The smell of smoke was overpowering now...the smoldering ruins of the Afterlife were in view, and a sigh left Alex's lips. He was reminded of his purpose. His blood lust could wait for a moment. Now came the fun part, entering the afterlife...and clearing it room by room. He looked down at the spare Cleric's helmet he didn't destroy, pulling it off, he put it on. Disabling the radio, he turned on the life support system. He would need the oxygen just to survive.

Besides, the helmets thermal imaging would help him to make out the shapes of Clerics moving about. Trying to clear out the last of the Afterlife. Entering the open front door of the burnt down ruins. He was quick to crouch down, and turn on the helmet. Blinking a few times as he adjusted to the light, he looked around for targets. The first one was a cleric behind the ruins of the bar, that Alex used to work behind. Glass was everywhere, the bar itself burnt to little more than the shape of a counter.

Rushing forward, he gave the Cleric but a moment to gasp, before he jumped over the smoldering wood, and rammed his knife into the man's stomach. Alexander showed no mercy as he stabbed the blade in repeatedly. Covering the sleeve of his hoodie, and his leather gloves in the lifeblood of the cleric. Each slam of the blade lacked precision, and only showed rage. However the blade was ripped from the man's stomach, and slammed into the back of his neck. A rough tug to the side, and the Cleric's head was left hanging on by a few threads of flesh, lolling to the side, as the corpse collapsed to the floor. "No one, ever comes behind, my fucking bar, without permission."

Moving forward, Alex was a bit more calm in his approach. However he really had to strong arm his way into parts of the bar. Shouldering his way into the next room, the door practically crumbled. Most of the place was completely blocked off by rubble. However with the amount of dry wall on the upper floor, Alexander assumed he could kick his way through a few walls to get what he wanted. It was the lower floors that were a problem.

Naomi...Naomi was the first on his list of rooms to recover. He took a chance to look at the layout, and remember it, it was with the other NOAH rooms. Yet the hallway was blocked by part of the roof that had caved in. Muttering in frustration, he looked at the door to his left. Kicking it down, he moved into the room with his weapon raised. Happy to see no one, he slammed his body into the drywall...and hit a stud. The wood causing him to fall onto his back. The hot ashes clinging to his clothing. He brushed them off quickly, muttering as he realized he'd ruined his pants completely, and would need to acquire a new set of clothing quickly after leaving.

Readjusting his course a bit, he got through the wall this time. Crashing into the next room, he saw a Cleric, standing there, looking rather confused. Aiming his pistol quickly, Alexander shot off three rounds, dropping the man to the floor, as one found it's mark in the man's exposed stomach, and the other into his neck. An area which Alex had trained to shoot for, for years now. Eight rounds left before a reload was needed.

However that wouldn't matter, as two more Clerics burst into the room...apparently the Cleric who he had killed had managed to say something over his radio, before dying. Alexander stared at them, watching them go to raise their rifles, he lunged forward. His body was low, as his shoulder slammed into one Cleric, Alexander tackled the man to the ground, and jammed his knife into the soldier's helmet, burying it deep.

Rolling off the corpse, he heard several shots slam into the body of the dead cleric, the metallic thud of ricocheting bullets filled his ears. Landing on his side, Alexander squeezed off the last eight rounds of his pistol in a panicked rush. Dropping the other cleric by luck alone. As a few shoots managed to hit the unarmored areas of the cleric.

Pushing himself up, Alex reloaded his pistol, and racked the slide, taking the empty magazine and putting it in his pocket. He knew conserving every material was very important. However now he had to act fast. Turning on his helmet's radio, he heard the chatter instantly. They were asking the dead comrades what had happened. Responding as calmly as possible, Alex spoke into the mic, "Just some scavenger, with a knife. he's been neutralized. Carry on with the search, best not leave anything for those rebel bastards."

Listening to a bit of the chatter for a few minutes, he sat in the room, collecting his blade from the dead cleric. Before turning off the radio again, it seemed the remaining six clerics in the building were willing to accept the answer. Little did they know half their squad was dead. Walking out the door, he saw Naomi's room was just down the hallway. Jogging down toward it, Alexander saw the door was gone...knocked down. Crossing the threshold, it was completely ruined. And the only person there, was a long dead Cleric. One lost during the fighting for the Afterlife most likely. But a tin on the floor caught his eyes. "What's this? Naomi never kept jewelry I thought." Alexander asked himself, as he bent down and picked it up...it was fairly big, square in shape. Opening it up, he took time to look over the contents. Several files, about the Oracle project. He couldn't make sense of them, and he didn't have time to. Along with a very strange looking bullet, the caliber he wasn't sure of either. Not wanting to ponder too long, Alex took the tin, and tucked it under his arm...he really should have found a backpack.

Granted he only needed a handgun to clear this place out, and the metal tin could be dropped fairly frequently and sustain no damage. Onto Arata's room, the youngest NOAH left alive. He approached it fairly calmly. seeing a single cleric sifting the ruins of the room, he gunned the man down with a clean shot to the back of the head. Watching him drop with a small spray of blood across the charred walls.

Nothing was going to be saved from here, however he browsed the burned books, looking them over, for some sort of clue about what they were about. Garnering a brief understanding that Arata read a lot of fantasy about nobles, and knights. Alexander made a mental note to stop by a bookstore on the way back to the apartment.

The underground levels...the garage. That's what was left. That would be the least damaged as well. But the most looted, and cleaned out by the Clerics. No guns, no equipment. If he was lucky maybe a vehicle. Alexander ignored everything else on the way through to the staircase that lead downstairs, Tia crossed his mind, her bike. Her bike was in the garage, which was locked up tighter than a nun's virginity. No way in, without the knowledge of the passwords, and the locking system.

Things which Alexander had...plus there was an easy way out. A ramp up to the surface. The bar was burnt to hell, but he assumed it would be easier to get out through the garage. So Alexander approached the door to the garage, fiddling about for a bit, he got it open, and entered. Lifting the heavy door up with one arm, he ducked under the half open door, before slamming it shut, and locking it again.

There it was, among the tools, which hadn't been taken. Tia's bike. Mixuki. Alex grinned at his good fortune, as he grabbed a backpack from one of the lockers in the room, he shoved the metal box in it, and zipped it up. Putting his weapons in the bag as well, he took his hoodie, and gloves off. The blood covered garments being left on the floor. He also tossed off the cleric helmet, leaving it there. A bit more scavenging, and he found a few left behind wallets, and other personal belongings. Around 2000 Valhallan Lions, in a variety of bills.

Slipping everything into one, black leather wallet, he tucked it way in his pocket, and Alexander approached the garage door. He opened it all the way, letting the light of the nighttime flood in. Looking up at the stars, and the moon, he eyed the ramp. Undamaged, and unblocked. Approaching Mixuki, Alex got on it, and rubbed the top of the bike gently, treating it as kindly, as he assumed Tia would.
"Alright buddy. We're gonna run some errands. I can't drive you too fast, but I'll get you back to your owner."

And with that, Alex turned the bike on, and pushed the kickstand up. He was careful with the accelerator, only giving a light pull, to get himself going. The bike was riding easy for now, as he drove down to a clothing store. One where he used to get all of his suits from. They knew him very well, so when he entered, and laid two hundred lions on the table, he was in and out within in an hour, with a new black suit, white button up shirt, black tie, a set of comfortable shoes, and a black bike helmet.

Alexander's next stop was a bookstore. Picking up a few novels for Arata, he also purchased the young NOAH's hot chocolate, he wasn't sure if it was the correct brand, or mix. However he hoped it might help the kid go back to his previous self. He didn't want a mindless killing machine, he wanted someone with emotion. He knew one thing, someone with emotion could always fight better, than someone empty and dead on the inside.

Additionally Alexander stopped at a cosmetics store, buying some hair dye for Juniper, in case she wanted to return to her previous black haired self to remain a little more hidden. Along with a stop at a local grocery store, to buy a some more food, since he had guessed Jill had grabbed mostly non-perishable goods, so for the night he bought some fresh vegetables, and meat. Along with a few spices, and some more high end alcohol. Mostly for himself, he needed to remind himself of being a bartender, so mixing drinks, on his own, or just preparing them would cheer himself up. A few lemons and limes to top it all off, and the man in the black suit was on his way back to the apartment.

Two and half hours after he had left, Alexander had returned. The soft purring of the engine as he drove into in the alleyway. After he parked it in the alley way, but before he turned the machine off, he made sure to rev it once as loudly as he could, mostly to let Tia know her bike was safe. He took the keys out, and pocketed them, before walking toward the building. In a fresh black suit, with a backpack filled to the brim with a variety of items, he hoped the trouble he went through, would all be worth it.

GOgnKzr.jpg
Southpaw considered what was going on now, It seemed the room was filled with tension, as Arata approached Gillian, and Alexander seemed considered shooting him. However it seemed to flatten out again, and the tall, RONIN left to go recover what he could from the burning wreckage of the afterlife. The cat continued to purr in Naomi's lap, up until Juniper had sat down. He rolled back over, to have his back presented. He stood up and stretched himself out a little bit. Before walking his front half over to Juniper.

The cat rested himself between the two women, letting his mid-section hang like a bridge, as he plopped his head down on Juniper's leg, and his tail swayed back and forth. He could tell the room was quite heavy, and hoped to perhaps cheer someone up, by being a cute cat. Granted, he knew he could only play this charade for so long.

Eventually someone would point out how strange of a cat he was, and he'd have to explain himself. Perhaps Gillian, or Cassia would point it out. Perhaps they would just ignore him. Either way, he planned to try and remain friendly. After all, this was one of the few times, he didn't have to adopt his killer mentality.

Last edited by a moderator:
gmTFu7C.png

----
1 1 3 0
H O U R S
----

wTy1GZ9.png

KRjTm6l.png

yTEYct7.png

Once Valkyrie had finally calmed down, Jill released her, almost expecting the NOAH to explode once again. To her surprise, the NOAH was now seemingly cooperative. "Fine," Valkyrie agreed, shooting the two men a glare before studying the room around her. It didn't take Valkyrie long to soak in the negative aura that was beginning to grow around them, showing just how bad the situation was. "We'll talk in the bedroom, then." Although Jill had originally wanted to keep this conversation between as few people as possible, the small space in Cassia's apartment left them without many options for a private conference.

Before Gillian could go into the bedroom, he was stopped by Lionheart, who seemed much different than his usual, shy self. It didn't take ELEGANCE for the commodore to sense the evil aura that surrounded him, the boy's eyes desperately begging for blood. One of the few examples of Gillian being lost for words, he noticed Crusader directing the barrel of his shotgun towards them.

Without saying a word, Gillian shook his head, signalling Crusader to put the weapon down while also directing it to the young NOAH. "Demons are replaceable, Arata." He began, starting his talk out with a little bit of vague wisdom, "You can't kill them all. Vengeance will consume you." GODFATHER paused for a moment, his eyes noticing the blonde haired man which watched them from the corner, "Your friends however. They aren't. We focus on our own before the enemy." Moving towards the bedroom, Gillian paused for a moment. "Don't worry. The killing isn't over yet." He remarked before disappearing around the corner.

Jill had waited for Gillian, Ashlynn and Cassia to step into the bedroom before turning her attention to Naomi, who was still sitting with the cat. "Hey. Can you keep an eye on things here? We need to have a small chat." Jill began, hoping that Naomi wouldn't mind. "I'll have Jonathan fill you in when we get the chance." She remarked before disappearing into the bedroom after the group. Once they were inside, they shut the door behind them so they wouldn't be disturbed.​

Yul5rZ6.png

(A few minutes prior)

"Sorry!" FOX apologized to Maria profusely, realizing how terrible the situation looked. "I totally thought you had a bullet in your chest. I swear." He explained, pointing towards the blood that stained the top of her chest from afar. As Maria tried to cover herself up, FOX removed his ruined, dark blazer and handed it over to the NOAH. "Tch. Very funny, Tia." His eyes turned towards the other NOAH in bed, whom he was glad to see was conscious again, "Yes. I was totally taking pictures of you two in your sleep." He remarked sarcastically before curving his lips into a frown. "Yeah. We got him. A-A lot of us are gone, though." FOX planned on saying more, but was interrupted when somebody entered the room.

As FOX spoke to both of the NOAH, his eyes turned towards Cassia as she came into the room. Jonathan had seen her around the AFTERLIFE once or twice, but he had never really been acquainted with her. "No." FOX shook his head at Cassia's question, "They're FEARLESS." He replied, having always viewed the NOAHs as family members and not the cursed children many in the organization had always seen them as. Though as vague as it was, he knew Cassia understood. When she pointed out his shaking, he moved his hands behind his back. "I'm fine, really." Jonathan replied. When she offered him the medication, FOX was inclined to decline, but he knew that his withdrawal symptoms were becoming worse with each passing moment. "Thank you... Cassia, right?" He said finally, taking the bottle into his hands. Had he been more familiar with the girls' affinity with poision, he might have declined. "I'll get out of your hair, then. I'll be in the next room." He mused, shooting Maria and Tia nods before disappearing behind the door.

As FOX left, Gillian, Ashlynn and Jill came into the room. Not wanting to waste any time, GODFATHER decided to cut straight to the chase and say what needed to be said. "the AFTERLIFE is gone." Gillian said as the new figures navigated themselves around the bed. "They attacked us while you guys were fighting KING. They slaughtered us like livestock." He explained, his hands curling themselves into fists at the very thought of losing everything in one swoop. "They planned this all along. The information they gave Jonathan, I mean..." Gillian glanced towards FOX. Had it been any other person other than his brother, Gillian would have thought that FOX had willingly given up information while he had been captured. The possibility of a tracker had been dispelled when they had given him a full medical physical between missions. Fortunately, Gillian trusted his brother - and he knew that FOX would have never broke under interrogation.

Dispelling his own suspicions, Gillian continued, "The information they gave FOX was a trap. They wanted us to go after them." He explained, knowing that this information would probably reduce morale even more, "Sarge and Goblin are dead, everything is gone." Gillian sat himself down in a chair that Cassia had in the corner of the room, his face buried into the palm of his hands. "I knew we shouldn't have done it. I told them it might have been a trap." The Commodore clenched his face, cursing himself for not having prevented this situation. "FEARLESS is dead. It's just us, now."

"and we're obviously in no position to fight." Jill interjected, "Which is something we need to discuss." She continued, crossing her arms against her chest. "Do we even want to continue this fight? With so many dead - it might be suicide." Jill knew that her opinion was probably the unpopular one, but it would be naive to think it wasn't on everybody's minds, including Gillian's. "It would take years to rebuild... and there may not be enough NOAH or support for another resistance. Not enough to make a difference, at least."

"I could make us disappear. We would have money, we could be safe." STINGRAY's eyes drifted over towards Cassia, examining her reaction before turning to the rest of the team. "It would be a tough decision and we have time to decide, but what do you think?" Honestly, it was a situation that Jill didn't even want to consider. If the rest of the team wanted to fight, then she was ready to die for them. But after everything they'd been through, nobody could ask anyone to continue fighting if they did not want to.

"Heh. I don't care what the rest of you think." VALKYRIE began, running a hand through her dark hair. "I wont stop until I've killed all of them... and I'll do it alone, if I have to."

---------

Stepping out of Cassia's bedroom, FOX held the bottle of medication between his shaky fingertips. His eyes glanced over everybody in the room before navigating himself towards the only couch between the rather empty four walls that enclosed Cassia's apartment.. With Juniper and Naomi already occupying the couch, FOX was content to sit himself down on the ground at Naomi's feet, his back pressing against the bottom of the couch. "Sorry, I lost your heels." FOX began, his eyes inspecting the bottle that Cassia had given him. "I'll get you another pair sometime." Placing the bottle on the ground, the RONIN quietly leaned himself against Naomi's legs as his eyes felt heavier with each passing moment.

His hands still shaky, FOX thrust both hands into his pockets as he shut his eyes. Everything that had happened today seemed like a nightmare. The AFTERLIFE was gone, so many of their friends were gone. If they continued fighting, it seemed like the casualties would only continue to rise. As he sat there, he wondered why he was still alive. Why did it have to be him, of all people? FOX should have died a long time ago, yet here he was - while others were gone, he was still here...

and for what?

FRZTzJA.png

CHEVALIER felt like an alien among the members of FEARLESS. Standing at the center of the room, he knew better than to butt his way into the private conversation that was being held in the bedroom. These people didn't trust him yet - that much was certainly obvious to him. Yet, they were going to have to if they wanted to survive these coming days. As his eyes scanned the several figures that stood in the room, blue sapphires eventually fixated themselves upon the young boy who seemed to be having an existential crisis.

Chevalier stood quietly as he watched the armored man point a shotgun at the boy from behind. While a sane person probably would have interjected, Chevalier pretended like he didn't notice the exchange. Deep down, he probably challenged him to do it. If he had only known what he knew, then perhaps he would have seen the mistake being made. When the man lowered the shotgun, Chevalier fought back a grin. He waited for the boy and the commander to finish their exchange before deciding to approach him.

Moving towards Arata, the blonde-haired warrior placed a gauntlet onto the boy's shoulder. "You are Arata, are you not?" Chevalier already knew the answer to that question, as he had watched the young man from afar for quite some time now. He knew much about him - the sword, his past, his destiny, but all of that could not be revealed to him through words, but rather through the trials that would no doubt come. "The sword that you wield, I should let you know that it has gone by many names - what does it call itself?" Chevalier inquired, curious if the boy knew anything about its true origins. "It is insatiable, is it not? That sword must thirst for the blood of angels and demons alike."

Before Chevalier could say anything more, a familiar, high pitch squeal emanated from the kitchen. "Heh. Looks like the tea is ready." The foreigner remarked. As he migrated to the kitchen, the man took it upon himself to find a few sets of cups from the nearby drawers. Pouring two cups of tea, the armored warrior sat himself down across the table. He beckoned for the boy to approach, his eyes studying the boy as if he was sizing him up. As he sipped from the warm cup, he suggested something that would probably sound quite preposterous to him. "What would you say, if I told you that you were a Prince?"

Last edited:
64dGx3a.jpg

FRZTzJA.png

Demons are replaceable and friends aren't? Vengeance would consume him?

What...what sort of fucking bullshit was that?! He was already hollow, his insides devoured by his contract with his ELEGANCE! That uncharacteristic anger rose once more, threatening to drown him in that moment. If demons continued to rise up, then he would continue to cut them down. Wasn't that the ideal situation? It had to be! A world of infinite monsters in which he could continually kill, feasting in a blood banquet that never ended! THe brand seared even deeper, the red rings bleeding out into the inkstone darkness that surrounded them.

And then, Arata caught himself. Those weren't his thoughts. An end to conflict was what he wanted. An end to conflict and a peaceful life, where he could live quietly in solitude.

Solitude, because people who offered their hand to him all ended up dead.

The NOAH shuddered, before nodding towards the GODFATHER, taking a few steps away. The sliver of Regana-Hier within his palm disappeared as he sat once more, content to...what? What did he do when he didn't consume himself? Arata turned his attention to his hands once more, familiar and yet suddenly alien. He...

A gauntleted hand clasped on his shoulder, that unfamiliar slab of canned meat...no, that armored individual striking up conversation. Conversation on topics that no one else asked about. It was enough for others to know he could go through a squadron of CLERICs without an injury, that even the fight with KING left no wound that lasted.

"It's...not just angels or demons," the youth replied, hesitantly, "It eats everything and anything. It's Regana-Hier, the Weapon of Massacre. A baby, a mother, a friend, a lover, a comrade, it all means the same."

Arata took the cup of tea in hand, content to just enjoy the warmth that transferred into his too-cold fingers.
"And if I were a Prince?" Another uncharacteristically nasty expression twisted his features. "Does that make me a King now?"

"Figure of speech, boy." Chevalier began, raising his still steaming cup of tea to his lips. "Regana-Hier seeks to consume both heaven and hell... and unfortunately for us, everything in between." While it seemed like the foreigner knew a lot about the sword, at least, more than Arata, his words remained vague and difficult to understand his intentions. "There is much you don't know about that sword. Naturally, it would be quite difficult to explain."

Chevalier leaned inwards, his eyes studying Arata as if he sizing the wielder of Regana-Hier up, mentally deciding if he was worth such a discussion in the first place. "I've known two people who have wielded the sword you now call Regana-Hier." He began, holding his metal index and middle finger into the air for Arata to see. "The first one had destroyed the world." Chevalier paused, his middle finger sheathing itself behind his armored glove. "The second one rebuilt it." He explained. Still vague, but Chevalier hoped it would ingrain a sense of responsibility into the young lad.

"Heh," Chevalier snickered at the prospect of Arata being a King. Setting his cup onto the table, his eyes glanced towards the boy in front of him. "No, it makes you a brat with a fancy sword." He grinned, knowing that the Prince would be unamused by his insults. "That sword makes you more than just a King, lad. Now, what you do with that information is of your own volition." Regana-Hier, now that was an interesting title for a sword that could destroy the world.

Two others? A destroyer and a creator? Chevalier's cryptic words didn't bother Arata much at all, nor did the barbs sting, not when the content didn't...make sense at all? He had predecessors? Other NOAH, perhaps, who had wielded this weapon before? The experiments that had failed by varying degrees in the past? No, before even that...

Arata took a long drink of the cup, emptying it in one gulp and feeling the warmth spread to his core. A warmth to counteract the cold. The sword made him more than a King. It could make him both scourge and savior. But...it was all that made him. In the end, it neither comforted nor disturbed. The sword was himself. No one needed the brat, but everyone would tolerate the brat with the fancy sword.

Alone, he was worthless still.

"How...do you know all this?" Inkstone eyes peered into Chevalier's face. "Who are those two? Did one destroy the world? Did the other create Valhalla?"

Confusion surfaced.

"But that must have been centuries ago."

Confusion focused.

"Who are you?"

They were all important questions, surely. Questions that were bound to come up eventually by, if not Arata, then somebody else. Chevalier opened his mouth to answer, holding himself back at the last moment. No, now was not the time for this conversation. "Let's just say, you and I have similar destinies." He explained, still retaining his signature vagueness. "You are destined for great things, Arata. But a single, wrong step could leave everything you know and love in ash."

No matter how hard Arata tried, he was not going to squeeze what Chevalier actually knew out from him. He would tell him eventually, but not now, not until the information would be crucial to him. It had always been his destiny to advise the wielder of that sword - his fate closely intertwined with Arata's own. "Who am I?" Chevalier thought about how best to answer that question, a myriad of long winded explanations and over-exaggerated tales of valor all culminating into one answer:

"I'm an asshole."

No real answer then. Befitting of a jackass in shining armor.

"I'm done with greatness and ashes," Arata said flatly, leaning back, "Spot cocoa mix in the kitchen, ASSHOLE?"

4aSMEO6.png

4aSMEO6.png

Within one of Valhalla's countless dimly lit alleys the NOAH known primarily by her call-sign Gaia was slowly making her way through the alley; using her left hand to both support and guide her forwards. She had been bleeding from a slash wound she'd sustained recently when all hell broke loose and her team was decimated; it was beginning to stain through her blue tank top as she tried her best to keep one hand over the wound to keep some kind of pressure on it. Her breaths were shallow as the trek to some form of safety after scraping by with her life was exhausting to say the least. She murmured curse after curse as she stumbled along; remembering what had transpired. For fucks sake...I thought we were suppose to be the living nightmares for them...not the other way around. She thought to herself with frustration.

The NOAH's thoughts circled back to the remembering of her team. She hadn't known them long and perhaps never really saw them as friends but she felt responsibility for them. Gaia was certainly no official leader within the Nightmare organization but she planned for the various tasks and missions she underwent with those few people. Your all worthless if you end up dead so not stupid shit got it? Then she remembered watching how all of those people started dying around her and no matter what she did she couldn't stop it, that powerless feeling made her feel aggravatingly sick. Gaia could feel a sharp pain in her chest; she knew what it was and knew it wouldn't go away anytime soon. The kind of pain only guilt and failure could produce.

Once Gaia had reached the opening of the alley she was in all she could see was the smoldering ruins of Afterlife. The sight reflected in her eyes as another thread of hope and safety was seemingly cut out from under her. She was told that if anything happened to Nightmare seek out members of Afterlife. However, this seemed to confirm to her that most of FEARLESS had to have been hit. She cursed under breath once more as she turned away and pulled out her cellphone. The only option she had left was to call the number she was given after being told about Afterlife. She dialed the number and leaned against the brick wall to her right as she tried to support herself. As each ring felt like an eternity the other end was finally answered by a masculine voice. The NOAH made sure to steady herself before she spoke as the man asked who had called him. "This is Gaia, a NOAH from Nightmare..." She paused for a moment as her breathing became raspy again. "...requesting rendezvous point...if one still exists?" She asked in a questioning tone. Though her spirits lifted ever so slightly as the man on the other end complied with her request and gave her details on where to go. "Understood...on my way now." With click she hung up and immediately her vision began to blur and waver. She strained her eyes as she stumbled, nearly falling over but caught herself upon the wall she was close to. With a sigh of frustration the young woman grabbed the long slightly curved yet still sheathed sword at her hip and began to use it as a walking stick as she made her way to the given rendezvous point; primarily taking back routes where there wouldn't be much traffic or as many wondering eyes.

In time Gaia came across the apartment building she was told about. As she made her way up the stairs, holding onto the railing all the way up she repeated the room number in her head till eventually coming across the door bearing said number. Knocking on the door a few times with the back of her right hand's knuckles she took a few steps away from the door and waited patiently. Despite wanting nothing more than to collapse and fall asleep she continued onward as there were things to do. The promise of killing that undying bastard was high on her list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.