F.A.N.G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agent Horseman

Putting it simply, this is going to be the deadliest mission any of us have been on. And we have a week to prepare.

The headless man spoke, his body pacing back and forth. The training room began to morph, and soon the group stood in a simulated swamp.

We are heading out into the sticks, couple miles north of New Orleans. Our enemies, BITE, have been stealing artifacts throughout the world from various locations around the world. They are using the Telldara Tribe to accomplish their goal. They have an HQ somewhere in an area like this.

He motioned around himself.

A team was sent in a few weeks ago. They went into a darkzone, and haven't been back since. Our mission to to head into the darkzone, find the artifacts and silence the Telldara Warlord.
Quick question, whats a darkzone?

The recruit interrupted, raising his hand and looked around at the surrounding FANG members, each looking at him like he was stupid, especially Alistair. The headless man gave a sigh and spoke in a calm voice.

A darkzone is a place were our comlinks don't reach HQ and any form of teleportation magic doesn't work.
Bloody hell, you are stupid aren't you?

Alistair jumped in, a dumbfound look on his face as he stared at the recruit. Before the new blood could respond, Agent H jumped back in.

Can it Alistair. Speak to him after i'm done with the briefing.

Now, as I was saying; We expect heavy supernatural resistance, including Reptilians, Gargoyles, vampires, wolves, hell hounds, and even a dragon or two. The list goes on, but I think you get the idea.

A figure began to digitally form next too Agent H, and a man in a sharp dressed suit with a smirk appeared on his face. He held a hungry look in his eyes as his smirk turned too a wolfish grin. As Agent H looked over his team, he saw Red tense up recognizing this man.

As many of you know, this is Thomas Wolf, aka the Big Bad Wolf or BB for short. He has been increasing his activity within the BITE organization, though his motives are unknown. He is a deadly foe, killing dozens of FANG members by himself. Through the data we have gathered, he has three forms; the first is as you see here. Nothing too special. The second.

He motioned towards the illusion, as the suit started to rip, his body growing and twisting, a look of pain on his face as his teeth were replaced with fangs, his hands with claws, and his skin with fur.

His second is dangerous, don't attempt to fight him alone.

Finally, the wolf-man gave a cry of pain and howled, a look of savagness growing more in his eyes. Suddenly, the 6'3 standing werewolf started to morph, and grow more, dropping to all fours.

His final form. No matter how many of us there are, don't engage. Fall back and regroup.

A few of the FANG members shifted uncomfortably as the monster seemed too look around at them. The image disappeared as quick as it formed, and it was replaced with a muscular, sly man wielding a sword, and a mask covering half his face.

Masahiro Kitagawa, a Jikininki, also know as a corpse eating spirit.
He his just as dangerous as the wolf, while BB uses brute strength and savageness, Masahrio uses speed, reflexes, and stealth. He is much stronger, fast, and lighter on his feet than a normal person, and what may be even more deadly, his spirit form. He could be hiding anywhere in this form, and by the team you realize he is there, his blade will be in you.

The figure silently disappeared.

Now, everyone partner up. We have training to do before next week.

Thomas Wolf

Wolf was uncomfortable in the swamp, as he silently strode towards a fort-like mansion in the middle of the marsh. He received glares from various monsters, mostly from vampires and reptilians, though even the stony gargoyles turned their gazes too him. As he climbed the stairs that led to the front doors, they opened up, two ugly ogres holding the massive doors opening. Smiling and giving them a nod, each grunted and stared at him.

Walking into the room, he spotted a familiar face, leaning against the staircase railing.

Masahiro! How have you been old friend!
Lets go.
Seems we will be working together again! This outta be a raging good time Eh'?
Sss-hut it Wolf.

A voice said atop the stairs, a tall, scaly reptilian stood, wielding a large polearm. One in was a hammer, the other a blade.

And I suppose this cheerful gentleman is the one who hired us?
I didn't have a choice of who I could hire. I sssure as hell wouldn't have hired anyone like you.
I'm assuming this has a link to the stares I've been getting?
Itsss no sssecret what happened lassst time you were hired to guard a compound.
Look, I can't control the Big Bad Wolf sometimes. Especially when I'm peckish. Speaking of, I was promised snacks?

Drake Forester

Oh no you don't Red.
How come? I wanted to show freshmeat here some pointers.
Oh come on H, I almost landed a blow on you! I think I can handle Little Bo Peep.
Last time Red sparred with a recruit he ended up in a bed for three weeks. Red, your partnering with Diana.
What about me?
Alistair, come here.
Shit.

The intelligent mage/librarian/professor or whatever the hell he is strode over to Drake.

Why must I partner with this neanderthal?
Hey!
Because, you two have the least combat training out of everyone here. Besides, I don't want to scare the poor boy off.

Everyone was paired up, and awaited instructions from their headless boss. Agent H looked over all the pairs.

Alistair and Drake
Mcleod and Celto
Red and Diana
The Horseman and Syrene

Finally Villo stood alone, a questioning look appearing on her face.

And what of me? You expect me to train alone?
Not at all.

Agent H said, motioning to the tenth, and final person entering room.

Everyone meet Setsuko Hanazawa, our Banshee. Now, you all will have exactly one hour to practice on anything you want too as a pair. After that hour is up, we will run through a simulation.

cb826236d823ac153a7220fa41e61706.jpg
Elizabeth "Red" Hines aka Little Red Riding Hood

Red listened intensely as the mission was explained, it wasn't often that Agent H used such description for missions so she knew it was serious and she had a hunch as to who they could possibly be going up against as a result. She still didn't prepare herself however as he came up onto the screen, that toothy grin sending chills up and down her spine as her body tensed up in anger at the man she had set out to kill since that day. 'Damn it.. of course he's involved in this somehow.' Red didn't feel prepared yet to face the wolf, she had been training day in and day out but she was not naive, wolf had a strength unmatched by her and the only way she stood a chance was by pure speed and cunning while faced against the beast.

It almost seemed as if the rest of the mission had faded out in the background as the man's picture played over and over again in her head and she started thinking about her own strategy. Red had never been more determined to take on a mission as she was now with this one, she would finally get to face her enemy head on.

Her head was snapped out of her thinking state as she heard H state for everyone to pair up and with a playful smirk back on her lips, she walked over to the new recruit but was quickly stopped by H.

"Oh no you don't Red."
"How come? I wanted to show freshmeat here some pointers."
"Oh come on H, I almost landed a blow on you! I think I can handle Little Bo Peep."

Her eyebrow raised at this as she made an intrigued face, ready to prove the man oo so wrong but H interrupted again before she could.

"Last time Red sparred with a recruit he ended up in a bed for three weeks. Red, your partnering with Diana."
"What about me?"
"Alistair, come here."
"Shit."

Red let out an entertained laugh as H called over Alistair and she watched the face Drake made in response,
"Too bad newbie, maybe next time. Have fun with that partner of yours."

At that, Red made her way to the side of the room Diana was on and gave the girl a smile and a nod,
"Diana.. it's been awhile. Don't go easy on me now."

Ikata stepped back a bit. She hated standing in a line, it made her feel like she was being judged by the man before her. She knew it wasn't true, but it was still a horrible feeling. Crossing her arms in front of her, she listened intently. The swamp itself looked familiar, though from what she didn't know. She may have been there before, she had been to many places, or she could recognise the place from FANG's information resources. Either way, her thoughts were interrupted by the image of Big Bad himself. If she was intimidated, she wouldn't show, but she knew it was simply an image. A program she had created herself many years ago.

As Agent H went through the mission she mentally noted key points. For starters, it was going to be a darkzone mission. General communication technology wouldn't work. It looked as if the group would be less likely to split up at all. Second of all was the two main threats. BB was one she had never met before, but Masahiro was another story. She had met him once, about two hundred years ago in Japan, though the meeting didn't last long. Turning her attention back to H she tilted her head. "And what of me? You expect me to train along?" she asked. It wasn't something she was against. In fact, she probably would have preferred this to having a partner.

"Not at all," he replied gesturing to the new person. Ikata looked over to the girl, smiling slightly.

"It's nice to, uh, meet you, darlin'." She murmured, walking over to the banshee. "Setsuko was it? I'm Ikata." She offered her hand for a shake. "IS there anything specific you wanted to practice, kid?"

• Love
Reactions: Lonewolf888978
img-thing

"Everyone meet Setsuko Hanazawa , our Banshee . Now , you all will have exactly one hour to practice on anything you want to as a pair . After that hour is up , we will run through a simulation ."

A white-haired female , seemingly around the age of a child walked excitedly into the space whilst smiling . As she made her stride in , she had somehow managed to miss one step before tripping and falling face-flat onfo the ground . "O-Owch...." , she muttered to herself when she pushed herself off the ground . Her face was still plastered her original smile , but there was a sign of slight pain that she had experienced .

"Hello there , everyone . I'm Setsuko Hanazawa !" , she spoke out loudly so that she was able to be heard in her almost child-like voice .

Looking around , she began to examine all all the agents that were surrounding her . She's heard of a few of them : Red Riding Hood , the Big Bad Wolf , Agent H and many others . The banshee blinked a few times before keeping her eyes focused on an agent that looked decapitated .

"Agent Horseman , sir ? May I know where or whom I'm stationed at or with ?" , Setsuko asked before blinking up , confused , at the taller man , she presumed .

• Love
.: Celto Lavrenti :.

With a satisfied grin, the raven haired marksman made his way back to the armory, it was highly unlikely - in his opinion - that anyone would have chanced and stumbled upon the complete disaster that he left behind. Sure, many people would be in there, switching in and out their prefered, or assignment specific, equipment, but the one Celto frequented around was more exclusively catered to those who had a good eye, steady hands and some seriously devilishly good luck. In other words, those who handled guns and launchers like it was nobody's business. It wasn't some kind of special service or anything, but it gave some reassurance that some bulky armored human-tank, or some greenhorn, hadn't come in and knocked some stuff around for giggles.

Sadly, that meant that if something went missing or broken, it would mean that there'd be a sniper on the hunt for someone's head. A laughable task given the low difficulty. So when Celto came back to the mess, finding the note that held a legible scribble that read "Be glad H doesn't know about this! Make sure you clean this up before he does. Yes this is a threat!" never before had Celto actually pushed himself to assemble parts faster than he did today. Screw his plans to slowly upgrade and add some extra smaller bits into it, he'd settle with just cleaning and having it all together instead of having it lie all over in pieces along with his cold bloody corpse. Ugh. And there was only possible person who could send the raven haired man into such a frenzy like behavior, a fellow expert marksman by the name of Alexander McLeod.

He was a cool guy, he wasn't too cool though. Unlike many of the more sullen and quiet ones, McLeod was more cheerful, more alive, in a word. Celto had definitely enjoyed a few laughs when sitting at one of his tables, and when they had some friendly competitions - all in the name of training of course. He was older, but then again, age didn't mean shit in this line of work. Skill, and personality were truly the only thing that really mattered here. And damn, McLeod's got that in spades. Celto didn't know about the other marksman, but he definitely looked up to the other guy. Just a little bit. They've got different styles, but Celto appreciated knowing someone who was as strong and easy going as the McLeod.

Just as he finished clicking on the last piece [that and throwing away the stupid note] the vid radio screen by the door lit up. Celto turned his head over to it, tilting his head, "Who're you looking for?" he asked as he took his time tucking the weapons back into the holsters. "I'm the only one here at the moment, anyone that was here before are probably still eating," he added, turning back to the screen.

"That's just the thing. It's you that getting called," the messenger on the other side replied, with a grin, "you're getting a call from Training Room X, good luck."

Good luck indeed.

Quickly bringing up some names to go along with less than familiar faces, Celto found himself in a very rare situation. What was it that they called this again? Getting serious? No ... he took most assignments equally serious, but there was just something about this particular one that has him on the edge for some reason. The words 'dangerous' and 'deadly' had lost all meaning long ago, but hearing such words from H himself? Well, it was still hard to believe, but surely, if they were being asked to take it seriously, there was no harm in being careful, no? Especially since some of the biggest baddies were being shown holographically ... or something. This mission was clearly not just the old regular recon and report that most recruits had to deal with for a good ... year and a half, this was a cut above from even the most odd and special assignments.

Not to mention with such a diverse team ... Celto himself never had the pleasure of working with such a multi-special team before.

Turning to McLeod, Celto cocked the other gunner with a lazy crooked grin, "Feels like a while since we've done something like this."

.: Diana Strandsol :.

Diana carefully stored away each piece of information that was given from H. A deadly mission she was fine with, it's why she was normally called in, in the first place, hearing Agent H speak the overused words was a surprise though. Would it truly be that much more difficult than anything else? The redhead held her opinion, her thoughts and questions though, unlike the recruit who she could only blankly stare at ... in pity perhaps? Firstly because of the second hand embarrassment that seeped through her veins - that, she would refuse to address - and the second being that it was very possible for said recruit to lose his life in this ... deadly and life threatening mission.

Only, deadly and dangerous turned out to be suicidal, even by the redhead's standards.

BITE wasn't something to sneeze at. They were trained, organized, and forces to be reckoned with, much like FANG was. In fact, Diana would dare to think that the two organizations held many things in common, save for the biggest difference of all - which, of course, DID make all the difference in the world. One was keen to keep the dark at bay, while the other ... relished in it, or at least that was the impression the redhead had gotten after one particular fight way back then. Supernatural beings were heavy in numbers for both sides, and the redhead had more than enough experience in handling some of the odd balls ... dragons? Not so much ... but that's why she had a team, right?

The only problem was going to be the Wolf and the Spirit ... or swordsmen, from the stories of surviving witnesses. At the thought, Diana's armored hand twitched, and she fought to hide the excited smirk. Life and death was not funny, or something to look forward to chancing. Many tales had spun how the Corpse Eater had fought long and hard battles with some of FANGs greatest, in a completely uninterrupted, undisturbed and ... well, 'honorable' was being used lightly here, matches. Of course, most ended up dead and therefore failing and compromising what could have been a successful mission, but there was just something about a long engaged fight that stirred the blood underneath her skin. Was it bloodlust? Or simply the fact that she had locked that side of her down for so long in this confining place?

"Diana.. it's been awhile. Don't go easy on me now."

Looking up, Diana easily tossed aside her previous train of thought. Of course, the thought of a long bloody fight was always a pleasure to daydream about, but here and now? There was someone much more qualified to stand in and give her that fight she yearned for. Shifting her posture, Diana returned the smile and nod, her expression hiding the faintest of a smirk most successfully, "I don't think either of us can afford that, Red," she said, "it's definitely been a while, and I'm sure we both have new cards to bring onto the table," the redhead then turned her head to the other pairs and Agent H himself. "Besides, I believe you have a little something extra to add to your punches, don't you? It's not everyday you get hand picked to go on an assignment to directly deal with your nemesis."

Syrene listened to what everyone said but kept quiet, not even smirking or showing a change of expression as everyone began to ask their questions but all Syrene wanted to do was finish the job. Training before leaving was always a good idea and Syrene going up against Agent H wasn't anything new. They've trained together before and Syre actually prefers it, training with someone who challenged Syrene. Though what Syrene really wanted to train with right now is with her hunting. When there were certain missions she was on, partnered with another monster, and she was given a chance to let a bit of her true self out in order to take down the enemy.

When the recruit asked one of the stupidest questions she'd heard in a while, she couldn't help but throw him a look of pity. Syrene really didn't like dealing with complete noobs who knew nothing of what was going on, let alone someone who didn't know what the darkzone is. When Agent H introduced the Banshee, Syrene seen another female with white hair but she wasn't all that interested and instead turned when she heard Diana's words.

"Hm, so Red will be my partner?" Syrene hummed to herself as she began to unhook the leather like armor but it was actually heavier then it looked and taking it off felt like a weight off Syrene's shoulders.

"I don't mind either way," She sighed and pushed the short pieces of hair out of her face, irritated that they fell out of the braid she had the rest of her hair in. Bringing a headband on the mission wouldn't hurt.

(Sorry for it being short, was going to wait after Red posted buutt... I wanted to type something up>.<)

• Love
As H started to run through the mission Mcleod leaned against the wall, folded his arms, tilted his head back and shut his eyes. Personally he found the shifting images created by the simulator nausea inducing, he'd print out a copy to read later anyway so for now he was content to just listen to the headline items.

BITE: No surprises there, the amount of problems they generated for FANG was huge and the issue was getting worse of late.

The Telldara tribe: Again not surprising , they were a perfect supply of muscle for BITE. Smart enough to recognize BITE's superiority, stupid enough to believe BITE's propaganda.

A darkzone: well hell he didn't take this job because it was easy.

Alex paused his internal musings long enough to open one eye when the recruit asked what a darkzone was and had to stifle a laugh when Alistair called him stupid.

Mcleod closed his eyes again as H launched back into the briefing, opening them again just in time to watch the newly arrived banshee fall flat on her face.

"Feels like a while since we've done something like this."

Looking across he saw Celto grinning at him.

"aye it has pal but I've also got a feeling that this isn't going too be much like anything we've done before too.

Alex looked around the room, then with a little grunt pushed himself off the wall and started for the exit, motioning for Celto to follow.

"I think it's gonna be a little crowded in here in a minuet, let see if any of the other rooms are free or better yet you can have another crack at besting my score on the range, fair warning I'll bet ya a tenner you can't. Your choice mate."

Alistair
FANG HQ
January 27
Apparently the entire HQ had decided that today's theme was 'Let's Fuck With Alistair as Much as Physically Possible.' He hadn't been happy about losing a specimen. He'd been a bit sour that he'd had to work through McLeod's hi-jinks. He had become somewhat annoyed that a walking explosion had tried to squeeze into his research. He was put into a bad mood when he was pulled into a training room that possessed the slight scent of sweat. Now H had decided to pair him up with some recruit who looked like he only had the bare minimum amount of brain cells needed to function. If even Agent H was in on today's theme, then he'd better start carrying an umbrella for when the heavens themselves decided to rain chocolate pudding for shits and giggles.

He opened his mouth to complain and tell H he wasn't going to wrestle with a shaved gorilla when the Agent turned his attention elsewhere. He didn't even finish speaking when the headless figure walked away and his words trailed off.

"H, I'm not about to... And he's gone."

He pinched the bridge of his nose underneath his glasses and gave an exasperated sigh. He turned to see the recruit standing there looking more lost than anything else. This looked like it was going to be a hell of an assignment and out of everyone, he got the new guy. Alistair didn't want to be responsible for another person, especially considering that fighting wasn't even his job to begin with. And he didn't need combat training. That was for everyone else. He needed time to prepare himself, get the correct equipment together, brew potions they could use if they found themselves in a tight spot, and a hundred other things. Especially the potions. The easy ones took a few hours to make. The more complex (and usually more important) potions took nearly a day to make. And that was being generous. Some concoctions required a few days of constant supervision. He didn't have time to play nanny for some recruit.

"Alright look err," he glanced at the nametag on the recruit's chest, "Forester. I have very important things to take care of, understand? Things this team probably won't survive without, whether they'll admit it or not. Why don't you, errr, go pick up something heavy and carry it around or something."

He gestured towards some of the equipment lying around the room.

"Understood? I need to go. Good luck, err, with whatever it is you're going to do."

And with that, Alistair attempted to escape the training room. Emphasis on attempted.

Kitagawa, Masahiro
The Marsh
He replied curtly to the wolf as he entered. Thomas called him a friend, but Kitagawa did not return the pleasantry. He'd worked with the wolf before, and he'd even fought the wolf when his bestial form refused to be reasoned with. These fights were usually only meant to tire the beast out until it allowed Thomas to become human again. Kitagawa wasn't allowed to actually kill or maim the wolf as B.I.T.E.'s orders made it very clear. Whether or not he would be able to do so remained to be seen, but the fact remained that he was capable of going up against the beast, even in its third form.

This, however, was not why Masahiro Kitagawa distrusted Thomas Wolf. He distrusted Wolf because the man always played in the shadows. He relied on trickery and smooth talking to get his way. Subterfuge was a coward's tactic. Manipulating from the shadows was for those too weak to take more direct measures. Not weak in body, but in spirit. It was not the biggest koi that swam up the waterfall, but rather the most determined. Thomas Wolf did not swim up the waterfall, he simply convinced those around him that he didn't need to. And those who interfered with his charade, he killed. The corpse eater did not trust Wolf, and he not see the wolf as his friend.

When Thomas directed his attention to the reptilian, he simply watched their exchange. When they were finished, Kitagawa waited until Wolf was about to leave for something to eat before speaking.

"I will be upstairs if you require me."

He wasn't telling Wolf where he'd be because it was polite. They both knew why they were here, and they'd both need to know each other's locations in case anything happened. Technically, Kitagawa was Wolf's escort. Wolf didn't need to be protected, but B.I.T.E. wanted someone there. Kitagawa had volunteered.

After the wolf departed, Masahiro faded into a light mist. His incorporeal form traveled invisibly until it found a quiet, empty room upstairs. He would need the silence to meditate and prepare. The room was sparse except for some storage crates; it was just a simple supply room. He assumed his human form and sat cross-legged in the center. He untied his blade's sheath from his side and placed neatly on his lap. He produced something from his pocket and took a moment to look at it. A handful of dog-tags from the soldiers in the forest a few days ago, his latest trophies. Not very impressive trophies by his standards, but he'd find a place for them once he got back to B.I.T.E. HQ nevertheless. In the meantime, he tied the tags around the blade's hilt. When he inevitable met F.A.N.G. again, the tags on his blade would serve as a warning and hopefully as bait. Something to make the weaker opponents shy away and draw out those who believed themselves to be more capable. He always did this whenever he happened to be carrying a trophy. He always displayed them in full view until he got the chance to put them away with the rest.

He allowed one particular tag to hang lower than the rest so that it would swing more prominently than the others. On one side was the usual dog tag information, but on the other, a large emblem. Only specialists in F.A.N.G. had these emblems on their tags, as well as on a patch by their shoulder. Back in the forest, it had no doubt belonged to their leader, but she'd fallen as quickly as the others. Now her name and rank hung on his blade like the rest of the operatives he'd struck down that day.

He closed his eyes for a moment and allowed himself to be calm. The calm feeling of serenity that came with meditation was often the best place for reflection, pondering, and sometimes even preparing. He had volunteered to follow the wolf for one reason. B.I.T.E. was doing something important, but it was also something noisy. It would attract attention. He was after what that attention would bring. F.A.N.G. was coming. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but they'd be here and they'd be here soon. When they come, and they will come, he will be here. Perhaps this time, they will provide a challenge.

That was why Kitagawa volunteered. He kept his eyes closed and his tattooed shoulders rose as he took a breath and then lowered as his chest pushed the breath out gently.

Ikata blinked and took a step back from the fallen banshee. The girl reminded her of one of her own children. Well, adopted children. Elisa had been a short, blonde-haired girl she had found wasting away in the streets of Roma after the first crusade. The small ten year old was the first of Villo's children and was also quite the handful. The girl just loved to climb on everything and at such a time, was likely to be imprisoned or worse for such activities.

Her attention returned to the present as Hanazawa stood up, seemingly unscathed. The banshee then proceeded to introduce herself to the others, who didn't seem to be listening. Sighing softly Ikata tried talking to the girl once more. "Excuse me, Mi-" Hanazawa began to walk away, trying to get Agent H's attention. Ikata blinked. "Well... Okay then. Fine," she muttered, leaning against the wall and waiting for H to reply to the banshee instead.

Agent H

Agent Horseman , sir ? May I know where or whom I'm stationed at or with?

The horseman nodded over towards Ikata, her annoyed gaze piercing the banshee in front of him.

That'd be her. Villo is nice enough if you don't get on her bad side. She is one of our tech experts, and is pretty damn powerful with magic. Get going before she burns a whole through your head with that gaze of hers.

Headless seemed to chuckle some, then thought too himself.

This outta be a great.

After situating the other groups, the Horseman turned towards Syrene, and cracked his knuckles.

Hand to Hand? Weapon Training? Go ahead and pick your poison.

Drake Forester
Drakes first thought about Alistair was simple enough.

I got paired with a complete dick.
Why don't you, errr, go pick up something heavy and carry it around or something.

Drake sighed and closed his eyes.

Yep, complete dick.

This time he muttered it aloud as Alistair walked away. Drake peered around the room as everyone started to train, and awkwardly jogged after Alistair. He slowed as he neared Alistair, who didn't even give him a glance, and said

Look I prefer too be working on some gadgets of my own, but wouldn't you think it would be better if we get some training time in?
No, I would much rather prefer getting a head start on my work now rather than later.
Fine, then I'm coming with you.

Drake said with a smirk on his face as he walked ahead of Alistair, but as one foot stepped out the door, an electric jolt went through his body. Falling on his ass, Alistair concealed a laugh and called out too the Horseman.

H! Turn the damn current off the door, I must go to my study.
No can do Alistair, you and the boy need to train, your potions can wait. I'll excuse you from simulation practice if you behave.

Drake stood slowly, pressing off the ground with a grunt and rubbing his temple, and muttering aloud.

I already hate this job.

After a brief stop in the armory for Mcleoud to grab one of his rifle Mcleod and Celto strolled through the many corridors of the HQ building engaged in cheerful conversation. First about the mission, with Mcleod fielding a slew of questions from Celto about what it was like to work in the field with Agent H the pair soon moved on to anecdotes from previous missions.

"So we followed the tracks that lead away from the point where the original team had put up the distress flair, you know really shifting because we thought they were being attacked by something, well two hours of racing through that rancid bog later we found ourselves back at the sodding landing zone"

"Haha really?" injected Celto

"aye kiddo, the buggers saw our vertibird fly over worked out where we probably would have landed and set off, we got there covered in sweat and some of the most anging mud I've ever smelt and they were sitting around the bird tucking into dinner. We were absolutely fuming because as you know with dark zones if you send up a rescue flair your meant to stay put unless your under attack so four of us grabbed their commander carried him about a hundred meters into the bog and dumped him in a pond"

"What seriously, how'd you get away with that"

"The bugger knew he'd get in more trouble for breaking protocol if he reported us, hold up there something I need to grab outta here, hold this for a moment pal"

Mcleod thrust his rifle into Celto's arms and ducked into a doorway. Celto had been wondering why the other agent had taken them this way, while technically on the way to the sprawling firing range but to it was quite definitely the scenic route if you were being generous and a sodding long detour if you weren't. After five minuets Celto started to look at the rifle he'd been handed. It was much shorter in length than the one he had slung over his back.

As Mcleod came back through the doorway he noticed that his new partner had his guns and Mcleods lean up against the wall and was measuring the difference in the barrel length.

"ya ken I think the psychologist might have something to say about that" Mcleod said, relishing the way Celto jumped out of his skin. "to answer the question you're about to ask, it's because we're gonna be in a darkzone, comms are either unreliable or flat out don't work so me and you are most likely going to have to stay with the group rather than scout ahead and find a nice place to shoot from. Personally I find a gun like yours a bit too cumbersome for close encounters, see how you find some of the sims later with that thing before you decide though. Anyway let get a shift on, were not gonna get long at the range before we have to head back for the first of those sims and we've got new bullets to try out first" he said indicating to the metal briefcase he was holding. "With any luck these will give wolfy boy a real problem if we run into him, only catch is this will be the first real test of these rounds outside the lab".

With that Mcleod grabbed his rifle with his free hand and set of down the corridor leaving Celto scrambling in his wake.

Last edited:
"Hm... I think I'm in the hand to hand feeling today," Syrene thought about it for a second before reaching around her waist and unhooking her short sword, placing it in the corner of the training room. Walking back over to Agent H, she felt her body begin to loosen up. Tension left her body, with the armor off, Syrene knew she'd be faster then when she usually has it on. Fighting with Agent H was always a good challenge, especially with his age and experience.

@Lonewolf888978 (sorry its short, I'm visiting my family and wanted to just post something)​

Status
Not open for further replies.