Eye of the Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Spero, gently fixed the dolls head up right, her little wicked smile glaring up at the two children from beneath wildly billowing strands of Dark hair. Hidden eyes watched them in their tree and she laughed out the world around them shriveling to dust. The evil child touched the tree with her finger and it began to shrink. Bringing the children down to them.

Spero Latched onto Securus, feeling a drop in her stomach from the height of the tree. As the girl touched the tree, Spero screamed, burying her face into the boys chest, eyes closed tightly. The Dark spero below only widen her smile as the fear of Spero made her stronger. The tree beneath them exploded into dust, handing over the two children into the the hands of gravity.

Secus' inner most darkness was a strong thing. The darkness that would later in life consume him if he didn't learn to love and trust. It writhed through his guts and would force him to commit horrible crimes against himself and others. Spero was his savior in a girls body, somehow he knew that, yet he wasn't at all sure what he supposed to be saved from.

The little doll thatr loved his dark owner knew what this was, because this little doll was Secu's darkness. It was what he would become if he didn't learn to.

"I love you, Spero"

Secu had no idea why he said it now, but it felt right. They hit the ground, but it did not hurt as the tree had broken their fall. Secu was on his feet, still holding on to Spero, facing the dark little girl who gripped the doll.

"What do you want?"

Something deeply seeded within the dark girl surfaced with her wide grin and the tilting of her head.

"I love you too, Securus"

The words seemed flat and meaningless coming from Spero's evil doppelganger and Spero's heart became filled with emotions that no words in all the known languages of the world could express. Calamity had spero in its rapture as her eyes watched the down trodden pair, the evil duo of her nightmres. Spero Gripped at her hair and screamed at herself backing away from them to hide behind Securus.

"Wake up! Wake up Spero!" She proclaimed wildly, shutting her eyes tightly wishing a strength in something to will them away. "It's time to WAKE UP!!!"

Somewhere in another place, eyes opened to reveal a bright light over head. blurred visions, Spero's father standing over her, yelling for the doctor, nurse, anyone close by. The shouts, distant and faint, this vision shifted slowly to the other side as a darkness washed over, the vision gone, leaving the voices to linger in the air of Evagelantis.

Spero snapped her eyes open and looked around, gripping onto Securus as they stood listening to the voices shouting from what could only be described as another time and space, another dimension.

"Please sir, stand aside"

"What's happening, Doctor! she opened her eyes! What is happening"

"JARED GET HIM OUT OF HERE! Stacy, quickly hand me the defib, quickly, quickly!"

"SHE OPENED HER EYES!!"

Sudden shocks of lighting rained down around the two duos in the nightmare as Spero let out a blood curdling howl. Clutching her chest the entire world around her began to pulsate.

"Again"

"1"

"2"

"3"

"SECURUS! HELP ME !!"

The ground shook as Spero emitted lightening out in every direction, terror ripped through the air in chaotic strands of jagged tentacles. Zapping at Secu and the two half evils that made whole. Light shot out of Spero to the point of blinding. The evil girl turned to shelter her doll from any dangers, struck in the back the two girls clutching at their chests screaming in unison.

As quickly as it came, it went. Spero dropped to her knees, tiny fists balled grateful amounts of her night gown at her chest. Taking deep breaths she held out a shaking arm to search the air for Securus. THe pulse of the world around them slowly regulated.

Dark Spero, lifted her head, cradling her ugly doll so gently in her arms and whispered into his litte ears, attempting to carfeully press his stuffing back into him.

"We are running out of time"

Last edited by a moderator:
Secu got his first real look at the evil girl and her doll. The girl had all Spero's features, but it was as if they were seen from the backside of a mirror, as if some form of nightmarish heat was distorting the skin. Her doll was just as twisted and when it looked at Secu it began to change. It's face spun and morphed into like cards being shuffled, each glimpse -each new face- was formed into a different vision of absolute terror.

"Spero!" Secu yelled in his biggest bravest voice as lightening exploded into the air. He could smell the electricity mixed with burnt hair. He froze as electric hell exploded all around them.

Spero had caused this?

Secu might have been her strength, but she had the power.

"I'm here." Secu put an arm around Spero, all the while keeping an eye on the evil ones. He helped up Spero and began to run as the ground around them started to crumble. They had to get out of here, Just HAD to, thought Secu. Just then the Secu felt the earth leave his feet, There was no more light, just space. He blinked and when his eyes opened again, Spero was gone and he was in a hospital. The smell of disinfectant stung at his nose. There was a window near by, outside was pitch black. He turned to walk down a seemingly endless hallway. Secu wasn't sure how he got here, but he was sure that Spero was here. Somewhere.

She ran with him until Securus disappeared before her eyes, yelling out into the darkness for him. Spinning around to see lines of lights as a sickness crawled through her stomach, gripping at her abdomen, she looked up to see the halls of a hospital. Spero took off, running through the halls. no people were around, not a soul to be found. she started to scream out for Securus again and again.

"Securus!"

From one of the rooms a nurse stepped out holding a three inch long needle in her hands and like the school children she had seen earlier at the school, had no face. the nurse ran at Spero, The child's first few strides slid on the tiled floors before she got enough grip to move as fast as she could down the halls.

"Securus!"

As the chase moved each light blew out above Spero as if the darkness was trying to swallow the girl whole. No time for tears she pushed herself harder, leaping with larger strides to quickly turning into a room. " dipping behind the wall Spero listened as the nurse passed the room and shut her eyes to catch her breath.

As Spero looked up, her eyes went wide as she looked at herself lying on a hospital bed. Scattered tubes stuck into her from head to toe, wires trailed from her hair. Spero stepped closer to the bed and stood at the edge staring at what she saw.

"...Securus..."

She whispered.

Secu could hear Spero, but her voice was far off and distant. It was muffled. like listening to music through paper thin walls. She was here, though, that much Securus knew for sure. He had developed the keen sense of 'feeling' her. The way she felt effected him, even when they were part. He could sense her pain, in his own chest, when she worried he felt it. He stopped at the end of a long corridor, two doors intersected a continuing hallway as Secu put a hand to his chest.

"You're right here, always" Secu finally felt like he understood what the identical towns that lived down the street from where he grew up felt. It was a connection between two people, one that could only be understood by those who experienced it. Trying to explain it to someone out side the bond would be impossible.

He felt a strong urge to take the left door, there was no internal debate. HE walked through and heard Spero's voice, crystal clear. He bursted into a full sprint, going as fast as his 10 year old legs would carry him. Later in his life he would prove to be a powerful sprinter. When ever he ran, he would always look back on this moment and relive the urgency he felt.

He came to another door and pushed it open. There, standing next to a hospital bed was Spero. Secu went to her, pulling her into a tight embrace. He planted his face in her hair and inhaled deeply before his eyes went to the girl in the bed. He nearly jumped.

"Where are we?" Secu asked, but he knew deep down.

They had finally made it back to reality. They were dream imagery of themselves in the real world.

Secu got a sudden flash. If Spero was here, sick and unconscious in a hospital bed, where was he?

Childish movements took over, Spero begin to dip, bending knee repetitively. Furrowed brows set for a face of worry, fear, and several shades of anxiety. Blood began to run down the walls, paint bubbled to pop across melting walls, the fear of reality began to set and embed itself like a devastating plague.

"I've lost control"

She said, tiny trembles in her voice shook her with quicker shivers. She turned and shoved Securus out of the room, shoving him hard in attempts to knock him down. The door to the room slams shut and Spero's tiny hand pressed gently over the slender glass window, seperated from Securus again. Sleeping was no longer an option, If Securus wanted to save Spero, He would have to save himself first. It was his turn to wake up.

Brown waves took on darker shades in the strands of Spero's hair as she began to circle the hospital bed, Doppelganger in toe, Ragged doll in arm. Like clockwork the girls met together, colliding in a blinding light that bled darkness. Shadows flood the room to the brim, Spero held her breath.

Electric Flickers of light sizzled the air with cracks of static, Spero gently turned the door handle and it opened. A grown Woman stood before Securus, looking down at him with an emotionless stare. Peircing her stare into him, curves on her hips swayed once, propping her ragged doll tenderly in her arm. Rather wicked curls tugged both corners of her red lips. She took a step toward him and spoke.

"Securus, stay with me, We can stay here forever and never have to be apart again"

Her voice bore no likeness of the Spero that Secu knew. It was a lie, If this was their dreams, where did the nightmare show any sign of stopping. It just didn't, there was no end, and in the endlessness, reality struck out in the voice of Spero's father.

"She open her eyes!! Let me go!! Get the fuck off me!! I want to see my daughter!!"

The fierce woman standing before Secu was dizzied into shrinking pupils fastened to a face that choked back the stronger emotion. A single tear swelled out of the corner of her eye, running down her pale cheek to disperse in among the lines of her lips.

Secu eyed the woman who now believed to be a alternate form of his beloved. His little fists clenched into balls as his eyes shone with fury. He couldn't find the weds, but he knew that they were on a roller cluster ride through many different detentions. Many different forms of themselves, lives lived, lives lost and everything in between. Worlds apart, yet always together. THe love that embroidered their realty was centuries old, and strong as solid granite. For this, something dark and evil wanted it dead. Something churned in the darkness of all these realties.

The small doll Spero had held lay on the floor of the room. One of it's button eyes began to glow. It was evil, pure evil and it hated the endless love that sec and spree shared.

The room exploded into a cerebral display of blacks and grey, with a single red vein erupting into view. It broke into a soiree wed of veins until they were taken away once again into the void between worlds.

Jacks and Flux, Fijoli and The October Knight, Securus and Spero. Worlds apart, yet connected by the heart. Would they ever find the doors to reality and realize their true destiny?

Light. Spero sat painting with water colors near a window as rain gently fell outside, pattering a steady beat on the single pane of an old Victorian house.

"Spero. We must find the doors that bridge our other worlds. That is the only way for us to wake up. I have gained the clarity of our other lives." He sat with her, taking her small hands in his.

"We have lived together before and right now we adventure together and are in great peril."

Flickering lights exploded into a blinding light, Spero flickered out of The reach of Securus. Cracks in the floor sent splinters flying through the air as the house began to break apart. Slender pale arms came up from the cracked floors and gripped at secu's ankle, holding on tightly. The older Spero ripped herself up from the ground pulling him down to crawl over top of him.

"My Name is not!...Spero!"

The woman voice came out in harsh loud whispers and shouts, not one but many voices speaking in a choir of correction.

"STOP CALLING ME THAT"

"WHERE IS MY DOLL!?"

"GIVE HIM BACK TO ME NOW"

The room began to bleed in decay, nothing could escape its cancerous spread, moving down the walls and into the floors. If there was a spark of spero left, she wasn't strong enough to recall even this life let alone the others.

"My name...is not..." she stammered back, getting off of the boy, searching maniacally along the floor for her doll. She started to rip her hair out, pulling long tangled fistfuls to let them float away.

"Spero is...."
"Spero is....."
"Spero is........"

SHe drops to sit holding herself tightly, confusion began to set in, the longer she was away from that doll was making the darkness in Spero weak and insubstantial.

"My name is darkness, No one was ever there for me,I don't remember you, I don't remember anyone, There is no such thing as love..." She stood herself back to her feet.

"There is only endless torment, I am eternal and deafening darkness."

Darkness began to laugh and cry, thick, deep red tears trickled down her pale cheeks collecting at her chin.

"oh, secu, don't you know that Spero is dying. you'll never find that door without her and you will have to find your 'lover' ALL......OVER.......AGAIN!"

Gripping at the boys shirt, and screamed into his face, the windows shattering around them into a cloud of glass. Darkness was lost in a tug of war as Spero started to fight back.

Soft and silver tones of Spero's voice came from Darkness,"I'm tired of fight Securus, I'm so tired..." A few bloody tear fell away as Darkness shut her eyes tightly.

Loudly growling to push Spero's spirit back down,"Where is MY DOLL?!?!"

• Love
Reactions: October Knight
The room transformed as did the rain outside the window. Large blackened drops of thick nothingness fell to the ground from an unseen sky. The doll, with two tiny straw stuffed hands, pushed it's soiled cloth body off the ground. Thick streams of black running from it's eye hole where one of the buttons had been torn out in the reality jump. It made it's may slowly into the house, it was drawn there by the fear and hatred in Secu's heart. His master was calling. Darkness was calling.

"No! Stop IT!" Tears ran down Securus' cheeks, hatred boiling inside him, as he stared down Spero's darkness. The rage of another flooded into his brain. The vessels in his arms began to bulge and his body went taught with unnatural rigidity. Veins spider-webbed over his skin, before no less than twenty tendrils of black tendon shot from his body. He was suspended in the air now, unable to fight it.

Secu hadn't noticed until now that there was someone else in his mind.

"Secu…." The doll crept up behind him, a malicious grin pasted across his face. The tendrils of black veins from Secu's body connected to the Dolls outstretched hands, the little sown on fingers twitching and pulling. "You're not alone anymore, Secu. I'm here with you." With a jerk of it's wrist, Secu's body was sucked into the doll. It bulged and writhed, taking on a human form.

When the dust settled, the Secu doll lay in a heap at Dark Spero's feet. While the face was recognizable as Secu, it had patch work detail, like old pieces of bed sheets sewn onto human flesh. He stood, his cloths ripped and torn.

"Come. We have work to do."

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
Darkness finally broke through, Shattering the many lives of our childlike lovers. Dreams turned into a hellish nightmare, Dark and Forsaken. A bare and stark wasteland wielding its bent black trees, their branches bending into tangled webs against a nightshaded blue sky. Starless and void of any light other than the moon, Darkness wrapped her arms around Securus and smiled.

"As you wish"

The dream scape was lined with blisters of blackness and abyssal terror. It was a place void of natural light, instead it was lit by a flickering glow. Almost like the dying flames of a fire in a snow storm. The two dark ones walked hand in hand, heart in heart, one determined foot step after the next. They too had reason to see this thing through to the end. In fact, their agenda was not all that much different than their light halves.

"WE must find our way back, even if it means the children must die. Using their bodies as vessels is the only way to cross back in to our reality."

Doll Secu rubbed cold hands against Darkness' skin.

"We are almost there, my love." A flinch cracked across his dry lips, exposing a broken smile.

Darkness smiled back at him in her clothes that fit too small and wrapped her arms tightly around him. Her body had changed while secu stayed a child but she did not care, she picked him up from the ground.

"My doll looks tired, Let me carry him for a while" she said, "I'll never loose you again, I promise."

Her arms held him perfectly, propping him up on her hip, she began to walk through the silent, dark, abandoned landscape.

Crushing waves of depression dug in Secu's sold like sink holes. His head felt foggy and his stomach was in knots. There was nothing beautiful here and everything hurt. He felt incapable of helping Spero as darkness left with the doll.

Darkness walked. The scenery around her and the doll was bleak, faded and dead. The tress, leafless and grey, stretched fingers out towards the burnt out sky. Tendrils of broken limbs laying in coffin like trenches at there dying roots. The doll began to sing while they marched into the nightmare land.

"The reaper of the west is gone, blood stained soul and weeping dawn.
Has he found his love too late? His passion black, a dying fate.
Is there any hope for them? Not as long as I breath in.
We are the cursed, we are the damned, we are the torment, we killed the lamb.

With darkness hand in hand I sit! We march on towards the final rift. The prince of darkness awaits us there. The nightmare road we take is bare. When we arrive, two dawns away, hope will have seen it's final day."
The dolls stitched mouth worked up and down, not formulating words, but none the less singing. Secu's soul was in it's pocket and for now darkness prevailed over light.

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
Status
Not open for further replies.