6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
It was supposed to be a simple contest.

Pick the most beautiful person in your small town.

But it seems that it's someone isn't above sabotage.

Because after all, isn't beauty just in the eye of the beholder?

EVENT INFO.

Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What: You are someone who lives in a small town with a local beauty contest

When: January 31st 1PM EST/12PM CST. This will end at 4PM EST.

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.

HOW: This is a Action High Fantasy modern ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. There's no way you are ever going to be the same after this contest.. Because after all, doesn't beauty always have a price?​

Last edited:
So...a high fantasy setting...does that mean there might actually be a Beholder? 😜

Edit: Wrong character for this setting.

Attachments

• 1643651598952.png
    1643651598952.png
    746.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Name: Diego de La Cruz

Screenshot 2022-01-31 12.50.42 PM.png
(Face claim: Josh Sorrentino)

He's that beauty contestant. You know the one.

Screenshot 2022-01-31 12.56.53 PM.png

(Face claim: Marco Menogeni)

----------------------------

1643653193977.jpeg
Name: Onnika Johanssen

• It was time for the local beauty contest. Men and woman of all different shapes and sizes prepared for the contest. There was no age limit and one person was chosen to be given the title of the "Eye of the Beholder". Sure, the winners just never compete again and seem to mysteriously disappear. But it was no big deal. After all, beauty has a price.

Today at 11:08 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Wait--you what?!" Onnika said as her giggling siblings draped a "Contestant" sash over her shoulders and started playfully shoving her toward the stage. "You need to get out more," her eldest sister Eleni said. "You know, meet some people, actually live in the town you actually live in?" Suddenly, Onnika felt even less delighted to have moved to this small town in the middle of nowhere. "By losing a beauty contest? How's that supposed to work?" Onnika snapped. "We'll be cheering for you," Eleni said as she gave Onnika a final shove, and she found herself bustled up on stage.

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The stage was already filled with at least three other contestants. " Well, I didn't expect you to be competing for the title of beholder? One of your sisters for sure, but you- never you," Diego replied, as he pushed his hand through his hair. The man had been competing for years and due to being known for sabotaging the others, he was often disqualified before the final round. It seemed this year was no different as it seemed that most of the other contestants were puking their guts out from the pie that Diego had made for them as a peace offering.

Today at 11:34 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Nathaniel Billington was quiet for a moment. " I know better than to trust your peace offering and since she was a last minute entry, you didn't get your way. Turns out this is going to be a small contest"

Today at 11:36 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The Judge would clap her hands. "Now, lady and gentleman, save that fire for after the contestant. The first part of the contestant is the dress up section, so go and get yourself fancy."

Today at 11:37 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Uh...yeah, my thoughts exactly," Onnika said. Then the other guy spoke. Yeah, very small, Onnika thought. Wait, 'peace offering?' That's why everybody's throwing up? I thought they were all just drunk...

Today at 11:40 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Uh, I don't have anything fancy," Onnika said. Her clothes ranged from Steampunk to straight-up punk. She glowered at her sisters. I am soooo gonna make them regret this...

Today at 11:42 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Diego would just smile at her.. "Well, it's good to see that we are in agreement, well no time to dawdle. I have to go and stun the judge with my gorgeous self."

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Gorgeous on everywhere but the inside," Nathaniel replied, heading off the stage himself after Diego.

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Beauregard Martinez just awkwardly stood there and then looked over at her. "I don't know which one of those are worst. Hard to believe that those two ever dated, but ton of sense that they are exes. Both of them are shallow as can be. I'm Beauregard," he replied, extending his hand. " There's stuff backstage from the other girls, I don't think any of them are going to use it."

Today at 11:44 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Yeah, you do that. And don't forget to impress her with your humility." Onnika muttered under her breath. Thor's balls, I am never going to live this down... she thought. Then the third guy spoke, seemingly trying to be helpful. "But maybe Sabotage Guy rubbed them down with itching powder or something?"

Today at 11:49 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Beauregard would consider for a moment what the woman had said. "You make a fair point about that. Also, Diego de La Cruz is his name. I'm surprised you don't know it- because he is almost always competing for the title. Though- I have never seen winning the title as a good thing. Have you ever seen a returning champion? Because I certainly haven't," he replied back to her. "I could help you check them to see if any of them are good."

Today at 11:52 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "I'll go have a look," Onnika grumbled. Maybe just look for a way out of here, she thought. Then the other guy offered to come along and help. "...Alright," Onnika said reluctantly, then headed backstage with the guy. "Wait--are you suggesting they sacrifice the winner to the gods or something? Then why are you competing?"

Today at 11:56 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Beauregard would consider for a second. " It's definitely something, but the only way to know what it is exactly and stop it is to enter the contest, normal people and losers don't get to know what is going on. I also don't exactly have a choice, it's a part of my family and if I don't do it, I'll never hear the end of it," he replied, stroking his beard. "Besides that, I'm the least handsome person here, odds of me winning are pretty low, you did see how vain the other two guys were- right?"

Today at 12:00 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The clothes would seem to be in good condition, almost as if nobody had been near them.

Today at 12:01 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Onnika nodded. "Uh, don't worry, you've got me out-handsomed. You said Sabotage Guy never wins, so maybe they don't want him for whatever they do to the winner, so it's down to just you and the other guy, right? So nobody ever files a Missing Persons report or calls the FBI?" she said as she picked out a dress that came closest to the sort of clothes she liked to wear. "Maybe I could have your back? Watch out to see what happens to you if you win?"

Today at 12:09 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " You know what they say about beauty? It's in the eye of the beholder. No, I have no clue what the fuck that means either," he replied back to her. It seemed that after she picked out her dress, it was noticeable that it also was the only dress that wasn't covered in some sort of ice. " Well, let me phrase it this way. How would one phrase that to the police or FBI? Hey, my friend just won a beauty contest and I think the town's beauty contest is the front for a cult to some sacrifice. I don't think they would quite believe that without any sort of proof. I wouldn't mind somebody having my back. But yeah, that is certainly a point. I mean, if I'm being honest, Nathaniel almost never wins, it's always down to him and some other girl- maybe I should be looking out for you."

Today at 12:15 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Onnika inspected the dress carefully. Itching powder would be one thing--she wasn't out to win this thing anyway--but the creepy vibe she was getting from the guy's words made her decide to make sure the dress didn't have any hidden razor blades or other nasty surprises. Speaking of which... "The hell?" she said, as ice spread over all the other dresses. The guy was taking it completely in stride. "Uh...O...Kaaaay, I guess I should put on my Fortean Investigator hat..." Aaaand, nobody calls the FBI because they're all in on it, must appease the eldrich powers and all... "...But maybe not this dress. I don't think I want to be the next 'some other girl.'" She slipped out of the 'Contestant' sash and draped it over the rack. "I'm just going to go with 'Oops, I guess Sabotage Guy got me with his vomit-inducing 'peace offering' after all.' You don't mind right, less competition?"

Today at 12:34 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Hey, I'm not going to judge you, but remember when I said that it was tradition. It's a bit more complicated than- one second, you'll see," he replied back to her. It would only take about two seconds to understand what he was saying as somehow she would find herself in the dress that she had grabbed earlier along with the contestant sash back on her body. " I don't understand the why on how come the beauty contest knows you haven't been sabotaged but it knows and it doesn't exactly let you quit. Like, trust me, I've been doing this on and off again for a few years and the second someone signs your name on the paper, well, only the judge can decide that you are ineligible to play. If I'm going to take a random guess in the dark, it's probably like a magical binding contract and it doesn't care if you weren't the one who signed your name."

Today at 12:45 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "AAH!" Onnika yelped as she suddenly found herself in the dress. "Binding magical contract...uh huh...so I have to go through with the contest whether I like it or not? But if I lose, the contract's done and I go on with my life?"

Today at 12:50 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Yes, that's the basic gist of it," he replied as it seemed that he had found himself in the outfit he had picked out. " I believe so," he replied back to her. The lights went dim. All four would find themselves on the stage. " Well, all of you have passed the two clothing rounds, wonderful. Onto the last part, the talent part. Up first is Nathaniel Billington the seventh and his wonderful ice making sculptures."

Today at 1:03 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    After a second, Beau and Omnika would find themselves back stage again.

Today at 1:04 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Wha--! OK then...I guess that's what teleportation feels like...the ancestral environment did not include instantaneous quantum tunneling across macroscopic distances..." she said to herself. So which one of them is Nathaniel Billington again? she thought, waiting to see how he'd go about doing ice sculptures for a beauty contest talent competition. She only barely knew how beauty contests worked. Don't they all just sing? Not here, I guess... Onnika had always been light years away from being 'one of the cool kids,' so she tended to keep to herself at school and spend most of her spare time in her workshop tinkering, rather than trying to get invited to parties, or whatever normie teenagers did with their time. Which is why she hadn't immediately noticed that this town just happened to be on the other side of that signpost up ahead that said your next stop was the Twilight Zone.

Today at 1:15 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Beauregard was quiet for a moment. "You know, if this town wasn't literally the most boring place outside of whatever the fuck this beauty contest does, I would have moved out of here a long time ago. I'm afraid to ask, but do you have a talent to perform because well- Diego is a really good singer and Nathaniel and his ice sculptures are one of those things that- just watch." There was indeed a tv backstage and Nathaniel had managed to not only make three perfect replicas of the other contestants, he also took the time to make the judge a pretty personal statue. " They got their things and as for me- I just wing it. I don't exactly have a talent to wow the judge. Also, in case you're wondering, no- you haven't seen the judge's face and nobody in town is the fucking judge. It's just one of those things that are better left unsaid."

52 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Onnika nodded slowly. "Well...yeah, I have no performing talent at. all. But I can gracefully accept defeat. So break a leg--or don't, if people here take that phrase literally. In the outside world, it means 'go out there and do great,'" she said for clarity's sake. Having seen ice just appear on all those other dresses, she guessed that Nathaniel didn't make his ice sculptures with a chisel. She was pretty sure she wouldn't even be a contender in this talent competition without being the next David Blaine.

39 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Oh me, oh my, it seems that both Nathaniel and Diego were caught being naughty little boys and sabotaging the other compettg-tgtpvfgorf;;lfr-" Words from the judge started to become garbled. Beauregard and Omnika would appear on the stage. Nobody else was there. Was the contest over? It seemed the judge was gone. " You would be someone boring- I was hoping for someone worth my time, somebody who was beautiful in a non-traditional way- someone who could finally break this godforsaken cursed town. Over and over, the winners would go- they would get to leave- but me, I'm here. I'm still fucking here." Omnika would recgonize that was Beau monologung. It seemed that ....... nothing here was quite as real as it seemed.

33 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Onnika waited in silence for a moment. Hesitantly, she clapped her hands once...then started clapping, at least trying to play along with the idea that he was doing those monologues people perform in black turtlenecks. My turn... "So...uh...for my talent, I would like to recite a haiku..." she said, then cleared her throat.

26 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "With soft clicks and clucks, The hens watch the full moon rise— The night's great white egg," Onnika said, then did a little curtsy while she waited nervously for what might happen next.

25 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    It seemed that in one of the weirdest twists to happen, as Omnika recited her haiku, a few hens would cluck and the full moon rose and was...... a white egg? Why the fuck not? This was already weird. But it seemed that was enough as the stage would disappear and so too would everyone but Omnika and Beau. " What the fuck was that?"

21 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Onnika woke with a snort. "Wha? Weirdest...dream...ever," she muttered, shaking her head as she got up to get ready for her day. Another day at school, another dollar, avoid the populars and the jerks, and look forward to shop class. She took her place at her workbench, and started getting out her tools, when a school counselor poked her head in the door and said, "Good morning class. Sorry, Mr. Isaacson is out sick today, so we will have a substitute. Please give a nice welcome for Mr. Martinez!" Then in walked--Onnika did a double-take--a guy in a black leather jacket with the ruggedly handsome looks of: that guy from her dream!
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    It seemed that everything was as it should be.... maybe. Whoever can tell in the strange dream world that Omnika dreamed up.... or did she? The world may never know.