3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
I'm currently being attacked by a mega blizzard that's shut down my entire city pretty much until Saturday. Huge blizzards, hail storms and crazy amounts of snow are what I know! I've never experienced any other extreme weather. So I wanted to ask... What have y'all had to deal with in the past? Tornadoes? Hurricanes? Tsunamis? Crazy heatwaves? I can't even imagine seeing that sort of stuff where I live. Lemme know and maybe share some stories if you're willing? 👀

I live on the lower east coast of America, so hurricanes are pretty much an expected yearly occurrence every summer. We almost always get hit by at least one ‘mild’ one, category three or so. Schools shutting down and evacuations being ordered are expected. It’s kind of just a thing that you get used to and learn how to deal with!

It’s definitely easy to tell who the tourists and new residents are, because even a category 1 or 2 is enough to have them buying out the water and nonperishables sections of all the grocery stores, whereas locals are just like. . . whatever, haha!

I'm feeling you on the blizzard end. I was looking forward to garbage pick up today. Something tells me that won't be happening.

I'm used to lots of snow, extreme heat, and tornadoes. Thankfully tornadoes always seem to go around my town.

Reactions: PavellumPendulum
Gulf Coast Texas, so I keep an eye on the National Hurricane Center's forecasts all through hurricane season and keep some food and water stocked up. And now I also keep stocked up through the winter because I have absolutely no faith in power companies or the state government to have the power grid or emergency services ready for another winter storm freeze event.

I live in the PNW so big storms are pretty common. We've had a couple of really nasty ones that knocked out power for a couple of weeks and a particularly back snowstorm that just pelted us with more snow than we could handle.

But I would say the most extreme weather is tied between the extreme heatwave from a year ago. The temperature reached 110, which for us was unheard of. Most of the houses in the area were built in the 50's without proper insulation or air conditioning, so for some, it was deadly. The other extreme weather would be when the out-of-control fires, caused the skies to become red with smoke for days. It really looked like the end of the world.

I live in tornado area, and more than one a tree has been knocked down on my house. >:[ We're still missing siding and the gutters are messed up.

I live in tornado area, and more than one a tree has been knocked down on my house. >:[ We're still missing siding and the gutters are messed up.
If there’s one natural disaster that I’d not want to ever deal with, it’s tornadoes 😖

The great things about living where I do, is that's it's pretty mild all year around. We get storms, of course, but never anything too bad. There has been a noticeable shift in weather patterns though. We seem to get freak weather events - flash flooding, heavy snow, extended hot and dry spells - a lot more frequently than I can remember as a kid, heck, even since I first moved to where I live.

There's no beating the random hurricane that showed up a couple of years ago. The only hurricane in over a hundred years, I think? And my dumb ass forgot and walked to work that morning with a full red alert in place. Caffeine in the morning is important people.

Thankfully, it was before the storm made land and I was able to get home safely again... But not with a huge amount of time to spare. Never again x__x