Experiments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabella paused for a moment, hearing the commotion behind them. Maybe they found out about her bluff a little sooner then anticipated. She definately did not fancy playing shield to this guy. With a death look on her face Isabella stopped struggling and thought hard about his words before finally spitting out; "I came in through the side entrance and there wasn't much security." Almost immediately after she said it, Isabella brought up her heel hoping to kick him from behind or knock off his balance.

Her sudden attack knocked off balance. It made him stumble back a few steps. This woman was sure more work than she looked, perhaps even Harold could've been easier. Having no other choice, he decided to save himself the physical hassle and started to move her... the other way.

The gunshots were getting closer now. So side entrance... She'd better not be lying. Well, side entrance made more sense anyway.

He had her drifting after as he took off running, much easier now. Should have done this in the first place. Hopefully she won't continued to struggle, his headache was getting worse. They were just a turn from the exit now, so close.

Isabella smirked with satisfaction when he stumbled and jerked her hands away again before she lost control of her actions. She was still there of course, mentally but her movements were not obeying her. She tried to stop, but kept going. Tried to scream, but nothing came out. The actions horrified her to no extent and she couldn't help but think back the morning earlier, when she had been telling herself one day of shifty work wouldn't hurt anything.
Well a load of bullshit that turned out to be.

She had not been lying about the side entrance however, there was only two guards who were both looking rather frantic at the alarms shrilling through the place. One turned and shot at Regis on instinct, the other turned at the sound.

As they arrived the entrance. Two panicky guards stood at the footsteps. One of them, who seemed to be more alert, immediately turned and shot at Regis. Surprised, he lost control and sent the bullet straight back to the guard. He screamed before falling to the ground, he was still alive. He did not pick up his gun again, however. The pain must have been too much.

The other guard had put his attention on them, but after seeing what happened with the bullet, he didn't even take the gun from his holster. Instead he ran off, probably to inform some of his superiors. Regis ignored him and dashed through the front gates and out. For first time in ten years, he felt the concrete beneath his feet replace with dirt. He continued running, frantic. His surroundings confused him too. There was no one in his way as he ran north, and into a small forest.

Isabella followed, but she hoped she was giving him one hell of a hard time because she was litterly fighting every step of the way. Not physically, too exhausted for that instead she tried to focus on speaking. The scream of the guard shook her slightly. Not being able to talk made her uncomfortable, panicked. He was out, why did he still need her? Were was he even going? On top of it all, she didn't know the way home from here having being picked up some ways away by Harold himself. She finally broke free slightly enough to get a few words in. "Hey! Were the hell are we going?" She snarled.

Regis' eyes widened. He had almost forgotten she was there. The change of scenery had been such a shock to him.

"I don't know," he muttered. "where are we going?"

He quickly set her down on the floor, no need to use unnecessary strength if unneeded. Man, his head was killing him. Regis felt his legs give out under him and plopped to floor, sweat covered his forehead, and his breathing was ragged. Despite all of this, he laughed to himself. He really did it, although he knew he still needed to get further away. A rest for a few seconds couldn't hurt. He tried to relax, all the while keeping an eye at the female a few feet from him.

As soon as Isabella hit the floor she sat down. Just instantly. She almost couldn't take it, this was all way to crazy. Despite the obvious panic and rushed danger of the situation, as soon as her mind settled she was absolutely furious. Her fists balled up and in the moment she completely forgot what he was capable of.

"What the hell was that, like a prison breakout? Alright, so you got out. Why did you need me with you? What are you even? If you don't start answering some of my questions I swear I will start screaming so they come find you." Her tone was sharp and pissed, but there was no bluff in her last words. The forest floor was slightly damp, sinking into her pants but she didn't particularity care at the moment.

The woman he'd taken earlier started bearing some none sense at him. With his spinning head, he couldn't make out half of what she said. He was able to make out something about screaming for the guards. Seriously, what a handful. "Do you think they'll let you off?" He grunted. He'll deal with her when he's calmed down, for now he just needs a break, and he hopes she wouldn't cut it short. From the corners of his eyes, he tried to observe his surroundings once again. Trees everywhere. The woods seem to go on as far as he can see. When they catch up, where would he run?

"What do you mean?" Isabella growled, not making sense of his words. Let her off? She had done nothing wrong... exept silence the handcuffs. But that was only so she could get back to work, they would see that right? Her brows knotted together into an expression of doubt for a moment before back to fury. "I did nothing wrong, And I'm sure they would just love me if I handed you back over." Her words sounded convincing, despite the fact that she didn't even believe them herself. She pushed herself off of the ground.

He raised an eyebrow but say nothing. He closed his eyes and tried to tone her out, he needed to save this energy. Regis wondered if there are civilization nearby, he remembered one of the new subjects talking about an abandoned house in the forest. He wasn't sure if it was this forest, but it would make a good hiding place. He'll look more around the woods later, anyway going back out would not be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.