Experiments Unleashed

Name: Theodore "Ted" Carlson

Appearance: Of average build, he stands 5'8". He has dirty-blond hair that normally lays straight when it's short, but begins to curl as it grows longer. So far, he has escaped too much physical injury, as he is very agile, although not physically strong. His eyes are normally a grey color, but they can change, depending on what he is wearing and other colors around him, they may range from a very light blue to green in color. He normally wears some very worn jeans and tennis shoes with a t-shirt. He has a hoodie zipped up over this if it's cold, or open when it gets warm enough. When he goes out gathering, he usually puts on his nice hiking boots. These make it easier for him to run in uneven terrain.

History: He was still in his teens when it all went south. He was a bit of a dare devil then, getting into Parkour with his friends. This proved to be a very big help for when he became a gatherer. He was also a really smart student back at his high school. He wouldn't have to study much to pass a class and spent most of the time reading other books that he had had. He was in one of his classes when the Creatures attacked. They came without warning, smashing through the walls and hallways all through out the school. Not many students and even less teachers made it out alive. He was lucky, having been free running and doing Parkour enough that he was able to escape with minimal injuries. He ran to his house, keeping out of sight as other Creatures tore through his home town, ripping friends and others apart. To say he escaped emotionally unscathed would be a lie. But that was only the beginning. Once he reached his home, he found it already destroyed by Creatures, his family dead. With tears in his eyes, he looked throughout the house, his survival instincts pushing him to find anything he might need to survive. Lucky for him his father had been a Nature Buff and an avid camper, so he had plenty of the "Survive in the Wilderness" books. Most, though, were torn to pieces. He grabbed what he could, stuffed it all into a backpack and took off. He was still surviving off the land when he found the community and decided to join it, putting his skills to good use helping them.

Personality: Jovial and happy, despite his background, he can also be very cocky. He won't let a chance slide when he can brag about escaping a Creature while foraging or even taking out one or two without even having to fire a weapon. He is very open and if you are friends with him, he will fiercely loyal, to a fault(I think I might use that too much.. But, oh well). But if you get him angry, he may very well leave you in a trap out in the wild, until you apologize and he forgives you.

Extra: He carries around a butterfly knife that he plays with and uses to cut branches and such to make gathering easy, as well as into traps. But mostly it's just for show. He keeps it as sharpened as he can.

Here ya go! If you're still taking Apps, that is!

It sounds great! You are most certainly accepted. :bsmile:

Also, I'm diggin' the avatar. MLP is the best thing that's ever happened to society :happy:

Awesome! I'll hop on in after I read up on what's happened so far!

Also, yes, yes it is! XD

Sweet! :excited: Nothing much has occurred yet but that's okay! I may PM the people who haven't responded, just to let em know

yo'd be surprised, better to do our work and keep your mind off things

Okay due to my own idiocy I have to ask...what the hell is happening and how can I get Robin in on it?

lol it isn't due to idiocy just a lot has happened! You could bring him in by maybe starting him off as baffled at Kolyat's hasty retreat. maybe start a New paragraph and speed up to where we now by noticing unusual crowding near the healers' building and boom! you're in :happy:

It happens to me a lot, too, so don't feel bad!

Haha well so far, my character just carried a guy back to the village. He was attacked by one of the creatures. Mostly everyone is gathered at the healer's building trying to help him. So maybe your character can pop in there too since he's a healer as well?? I think.. he is anyway. Haha

I fancy this RP. :3 Still an opening?

why not? the more the merrier :bsmile: after you sign up, though, I'll have to close applications. That I have yet to figure out how to do lol but go ahead and make a character! :happy:

Great, thank you! Before I make my character, I was wondering if they could be both a warrior and a healer? Maybe a warrior more than a healer or vice-versa?

Hm... Well that's kind of a difficult thing to do like maybe if you worked some experience into their history or story line in one or the other you could say you're back up for the one that isn't your main occupation. For example, if you decided that you were a farmer but studied plants and the human anatomy, you could be a back up healer. As long as the story makes sense, you should be allowed to have a major and a minor but your minor won't often be called upon so choose wisely. Now, just to let you know, we have started and you'll need to find a way to jump in so after you make your character if you have trouble finding an entering point, just post again on here and I'll let you know how to wriggle your way in. Thanks again for joining! :bsmile:

Okay, thank you! [: I'll post my character once I'm able to get on my own computer, which should be a little later in the day.

Alright, awesome! Just make sure to take a look at the other characters' details and also what's happened already so we don't have too much confusion! :happy:

Sure thing. [: And my bad about being later than what I said, unexpected things came up haha.

Name: Tuli (Two-lee) Stone

Appearance:
Tuli has sleek black hair that is almost as thick as a horse's mane. It flows down a little past her hips but is often in a bun or held up in a braid. Her angular face is also framed by black bangs. Her skin is tanned due to being out in the sun almost every hour of the day. Her eyes are cyan blue and has thick, long lashes. Along with her eyes, a vertical scar is planted on her right eyelid from a battle fending off a couple of thieves. Thankfully, she didn't lose her sight. She weighs around 120 lbs and has the height of 5'6", her body fit from daily exercising. Tuli usually wears black tapered trousers that are stuck tight to her calves by cloth material roped around it. Around her waist lies a tan holster belt that hides a pistol and a dagger. Her shoes are simple; black sneaker high-top shoes that support her surprisingly well. She wears a white tank top and sometimes a dark grey sweater.

History:
Tuli was the first to be born into her parent's lives. Her father, a healer, became widowed when Tuli's mother, a warrior, was killed cruelly by a creature when she was defending their village, before she ever got a chance to have another kid. Tuli was just a child by then. From that time on, she spent her childhood learning all the basics of healing and even some more advanced work, but she realized when she was 15 that she had the natural skills of a warrior, her true talent, just like her mother. Whenever she gets time off, however, she helps the other healers.

Personality:
Tuli is quiet and rarely speaks in a crowd of strangers. Around friends, she's still quiet, but talks when she has something to say. She is often misread with a cold demeanor by people who don't know her and they sometimes even believe that Tuli thinks she's better than everyone else, just because she doesn't talk often. However, to friends and people that approach her, she is actually warm-hearted and friendly. She sticks to her word. When duty calls, she means business and tries to keep a level head.

Extra:
When she isn't on duty, she's often with her father who is slowly dying of heart disease. Other than that, she's training either her healing or combat skills.

Hay, noticed you wanted to close apps, you can do that by editing your first post in advanced edit mode the click closed apps on bottom.

I would love to play if you would let me sneak in. I notice someone hasn't been on for weeks so >.>...