Expect The Unexpected

"Well, I suppose getting the living room put together would be a good start. We finished the kitchen yesterday and the master bedroom is done as well. With the living room finished all we would have to do it tackle the dining room and nursery...both really need a lot of work." She said as she thought out loud to herself. "Anyway, I could use the help unpacking the boxes and getting the furniture in place. I'm pretty strong but not even I can move a couch by myself...that, and I'd rather not ruin the floor if possible." She said with a grin.

She headed into the living room and started to work on the boxes, hoping to have the room at least started before Ethan returned home.

(It's alright! go break a leg in the show!)

Ethan arrived home but left the rocking chair and crib in the back of the truck, covered up and roped down so they wouldn't be damaged on the way home. He had picked up some stuff to start working on the nursery. The man went back inside and saw his father helping Heather out with the living room. It was coming togeather rather nicely; he liked it. Ethan came up to Heather, leaning in a giving her a light kiss on the lips with a smile.

"The suprise is in the back of the truck, no peaking. They are for the nusery and you can't see them till I finnish the room and get it set up. Picked up the tools to fix up the room and the nurtal color we decided on for the nursey. That way it will fit either if it is a boy or girl. Once I paint and fix up the room you can see and put whatever else in there you please. You and my dad just worry about the small stuff okay?"

He smiled and went off to work on the nursey. Ethan knew what she liked and he planned on making this room magnificent. For the little child in her womb that he had not even met but yet, loved so much.

The living room was really coming together, the furniture was all in place and the built in book shelves on the walls were quickly being filled. Now it was just the little touches, the art and the light, the simple things that always made their home theirs. Heather smiled as she watched Ethan come in and returned his kiss sweetly, smiling at him. When he mentioned a surprise she blinked a bit, wondering what it could be. She didn't question it much though, Ethan was the type to always get her something that she would like.

"Alright, just don't push yourself. Take your dad if you need him, I can just focus on the small things." She call to him as she watched him walk off.

She turned back to his father and smiled a little, motioning with her head quietly in the direction that his son walked off in.

"Would you mind helping him? I know he won't admit it but he can't tackle that room on his own, it really is a mess. I'll just finish all the small touches so you don't have to worry about me."

After his father joined him, Ethan and him talked and worked. Slowly the room began to come togeather. At first, it was a real mess but within hours the room was re-carpeted, fixed, and painted. It was a coming togeather very well. The crib and rocking chair looked great with the carpeting and paint. All that was left to do was Show Heather and let her finish off the room with her touches. He smiled and so did his father a bit. Ethan went out of the room and let her finish what she was doing before gently grabbing her hand and looking down at her.

"Alright, you want to see now? The room is just about finished."

He waited for her response before taking her to the room and letting her open her eyes.

"What do you think...?"

Heather had finished with the living room by the time Ethan had come to get her, everything now set up and in its proper place. She was about to start on the dinning room when he had spoken to her and taken her hand, easily distracting her from her original plan. She was rather excited to see it since he had mentioned that there would be a surprise, wondering what it could possibly be. She closed her eyes upon his request and let him lead her the rest of the way before they stopped. She opened her eyes slowly only to gasp and smile. The nursery was beautiful!

The walked over the the crib and rocking chair happily, smiling wide as she ran her hands over the smooth wood. It was so lovely, and all for their precious little baby. The room looked so much better now, cleaned up and painted, all it needed now was for a few finishing touches such as toys and clothing. She also though about getting a diaper changing station but that would come at a later time, for now she was happy with the way things were right now.

"Oh Ethan, I love it! You did such a wonderful job, sweetie." She said as she walked over to him and and placed a sweet kiss upon his lips. "And so did you Mr. McCoy, thank you for helping." She then added as she turned to his father and kissed his cheek.

Ethan watched happily as his lovely girlfriend went over and examined the rocking chair and crib. She seemed very happy about them and in turn that pleased him. He listened as she became excited over the new pieces of fruniture for the baby. Heather came over and placed a kiss upon her lips. He kissed her back lovingly before she broke away and thanked his father for helping. Mr. McCoy smiled and nodded.

"My Pleasure Miss. Heather. It's the least I can do for my grandchild to be and hopefully Daughter-In-Law..." he said the last part of the sentance slower as he looked over at Ethan.

Ethan cleared his throat.

"Ummm, thanks dad...But perhaps we can discuss that later..." he chuckled nervously as he glanced back at Heather.

He went over to his dad, and pulled him out of the room, Glancing over his shoulder at Heather.

"I-I'll be right back..."

Heather blinked a bit as Mr. McCoy said that last part at the end rather slowly, making her blush a bit. He was kind and polite to her but it seemed that he still was the type to want marriage first. Luckily, Ethan took his father and pulled him out of the room, excusing them for a moment and leaving her to nod and smile before turning back to the nursery. It was so hard not to smile, at how lovely and perfect it all was. They would still have to go to a store to get the last touches for the room and the house in general.

She looked over to the rocking chair for a moment and slowly walked over, running her fingers over the wood before she took a seat. It was just right, just perfect for her to sit in and rock slowly back and forth. She leaned back and smiled a little more as she rocked more, a hand absentmindedly going to her stomach. For some reason, the more that time passed the more she wanted this. Even though it had been a mistake, the idea of being a mother just seemed to be more and more pleasing. Of course, she knew that it would be no bed of roses. She would be tired and out of it for many many nights but still, the thought of a child being in her arms or breast feeding...it was hard not to become giddy.

She looked around the room once more before getting up, there was still a lot to do! She went into the hall slowly, hoping that she wouldn't be disturbing the two men. She wanted to finish up the living room and get to work upon their dining room.

Ethan dragged his father down the hall to the Master bedroom and shut the door. He turned and looked at his father.

"Dad...I'm working on it but Since Heather and I just bought an house and are expecting a baby the funds are very limited right now. Food, baby stuff, and supplies to fix up the house are all we can afford at the moment. It's not like I don't want to marry her I just...I just want her to be able to give her the wedding she would want. Give her a honeymoon she would enjoy! She deserves all of that but right now...we have the baby coming and it's...It's important to give the child the best I can provide for it...Heather and I have talked about it...One day I'll buy her a ring, ask her to be my wife but right now...it isn't going to be for the best..." he tried to muster a smile.

"If you would have waited to have the baby then-" his father began.

Ethan inturrupted his father, stepping closer to him.

"If I could change this and do it all over again I would...I Love Heather so much...and it's hard to believe that I love someone that I don't even know this much...This means the world to me."

No more words were exchanged. His father simply nodded and the both left the room. Ethan went out into the living room to help Heather. As he helped her he told her about the Crib and Rocking chair.

"There is a man in town. His name is Ray Wilson, he was my dad's best friend since they were both like five years old. He is like another father to me and has been there since the day I was born. I called him about 2 weeks before we came down here and asked him if he would make us a Crib and rocking chair, he asked why and I told him. He would like to meet you sometime so whenever you feel up to it, We can go down."

He smiled and went back to work.

Heather luckily did not interrupt the men and was able to get own the stairs without much of an issue. She was quick to get back to work, finishing the last few touches to the book shelves and the lamps and such. She was a bit of a perfectionist after all. When Ethan and his father joined her downstairs she smiled at them both, the room completely finished and ready for use. She smiled at him as he told her about the rocking chair, nodding her head a bit as she looked up at him.

"Oh I would love to meet him, Ethan. He must be such a nice man and he did such lovely work! If you want we can go visit him and then do to the grocery store...The kitchen is still rather bare and we only have what your father brought over for breakfast. In fact, we might want to bye in bulk since we don't have anything at all. I know this place is small but do they have such a bulk buying store?" She asked as she looked up at him curiously.

She had not seen much of the town yet and even then it was still on the small side. It seemed very unlikely that this place would have a costco or anything of the sort. She also didn't want to buy bulk at a small store, especially if it meant that they would be taking everything the store had.

Ethan thought for a few moments and nodded.

"Some grocery shopping sounds like a good idea, and there is one bulk store here in town. It's not a Costco but it does meet bulk needs. I worked there as a chashier my first job. And I'm sure Ray is going to love to meet you." he said with a smile.

He leaned over and kissed her lovingly before pulling away.

"Just tell me when Your ready and We'll go."

Heather smiled and nodded her head a bit as he spoke before accepting his kiss happily. She then pulled back and bit and giggled.

"I'll just go grab my purse and we'll be out the door. We have most of the house put together and when else we have to do are minor touch ups. Besides, that dinning room is going to be more than just an afternoon of work. We can save that for tomorrow, maybe stop at a hardware store to look at colors before we get groceries as well? That's up to you of course, I'm fine with the visit and then the store if you want, Ethan. Anyway, I'll be right back, you go tell your father we're going out and send him home for the day. He doesn't need to do any more since he's already done so much." Heather said sweetly before heading up the stairs.

Ethan nodded and turned around going into the kitchen, fiding his father. He dismissed him and went outside to the car they had come in, getting into the drivers seat. The man sighed and tilted his head back against the drivers seat with a smile. It was going to be a long but good life here. Atleast he could raise his child without fear. Heaven forbid when the time came he could send his child off to school, walking, and not have to worry about a thing. This place could be trusted. Ethan waited for Heather, starting the car as he did. Finally she climbed in and shut the door and he looked over at her.

"Where too first my love?" he said with an adorable goofy smile.

Heather quickly gathered her purse up and headed back down the stairs before getting into the car with Ethan. She smiled at him first sweetly as she started to buckle herself up and sit back a bit in her chair.

"First, we shall go to the moon." She started off jokingly before letting out a small laugh. "Let's visit Mr. Wilson first, then he can go to the store and not have to worry about the cold stuff going back in the trunk. We could also make a run to the hardware store, maybe look at some colors to cover up that nasty yellow in the dining room?" She suggested as she looked at him.

The dinning room was really all they had left to work on. Yes, there still needed to be a few touch ups around the house such a pictures and couch pillows but they were nothing major that she couldn't pay for on a whim, stuff like that didn't need to be expensive as long as it looked good. The dinning room though was completely bare and they didn't even have a table set to put in it. The only table they brought went into the kitchen, it was on the small side anyway. That expense would have to wait though, first that yellow had to go.

He chuckled a bit then put the car into revers, pulling into the street. As they drove there Ethan pointed the bulk grocery store. Right in the square in front of the store was a farmers market. People from the big farms came in and sold fresh Fruits and vegetables. It was good money for them and good food for the people in the small town. About ten minets later he pulled up infront of the small but friendly looking shop. The sign on the door said "Please ring" but Ethan walked right in. The shop was warm and filled with beautiful wooden statues and beautifully crafted jewelery boxes. Ethan held her hand and gently kissed it before calling out.

"Ray! I'm back and I brought someone to see you!"

Ethan smiled as a large man entered the room, the shop door bell ringing. He was burly and tall, about six foot five. But there was a respected father and friend air about him. He smiled and wiped his hands on his apron, stopping infront of Heather, extending his hand.

"Finally nice to meet ya, Ethan has talked my ear off about ya." he chuckled. "I'm Ray Wilson."

Heather looked out the window as he pointed out the door and the farmers market, smiling a little as she looked it over. It would be rather nice to get fresh fruits and vegetables here instead of at a store. Though she liked in one of the most polluted cities in the county she loved the idea of green living. It was on of the reasons she was alright with moving into a small town. In a city going green was too expensive and two hard with all its temptations. On top of that she couldn't really control the green level of her apartment accept for what she used in it.

Here, she would have her house running green if she so wish...and had the money to spare to make it run that way. Of course, things would be tight at first but she knew she could easily crank out a whole years worth of articles from her experience as a first time mother alone! She could hardly imagine the stories that she would have as her little boy or girl grew older. She was still on leave at the moment though and didn't have to think about writing until they were completely settled. She would be back on the clock though in a month or so.

When they arrived at the shop Heather stepped out of the car and walked right into the shop with her boyfriend, holding his hand lightly as she looked around. It was a lovely place really, almost as if it was from a dream of some sort. She attention was put on Ray as he stepped out, her smiling growing as she took his hand and shook it steadily.

"It's a pleasure Ray, I'm Heather. Thank you for doing all that work on the crib and rocking chair, they are absolutely beautiful."

He chuckled a bit, a warm smile.

"It's not a problem. Ethan is like a son to me so this child will be just like family."

Ray went over to a shelf for a minet an brought two Items back over. Both were beautifully crafted boxes. Ray reached out handing on to Heather. On the smooth, beautiful box was engraved her name and designs in a breathtaking text and images.

"It's a jewlery box for you, I forgot to give this and this..." he handed Ethan another box. "A music box. I'm not sure what the baby's gender is but it's reversable, the song and design. Hope you enjoy em'."

Ethan looked down at the box and opened it, a beautiful, childish, twinkling song playing. A beautifully crafted and painted dove on a spring in the middle. He smiled it...thinking about his child.

Heather continued to smile until she watched him wander over to a shelf and grab two items. When he returned she was stunned to receive a lovely jewelry box, decorated in wondrous designs and her name. It was absolutely breath taking. She looked back up and him and smile widely, holding it to her chest as she spoke.

"Oh Ray, thank you...They are absolutely beautiful. I'll make sure to move all of my jewelry into it as soon as we got home today." She said as she glanced over to the music box.

She looked it over quietly as she stood next to Ethan, resting her head on his shoulder for a moment as she looked at the craftsmanship. It must have taken him hours and hours just to do the designs alone, she couldn't possibly imagine what else he had to do to make all of this.

"I'm certain out child will love that music box. We'll have to by a good dresser and have it placed near the crib so that the baby can hear it when he or she is napping." She said softly.

Ray smiled softly.

"I do hope so Miss. Heather. If there is anything else I can do for you two just let me know."

Ethan looked up from the box and looked at Ray.

"Ray You've already done so much for us. We can never repay you"

The big man chuckled.

"Of course you can, just let me see that baby when he or she is born."

Ethan smiled and nodded before looking to Heather.

"Of course. Now we won't bother you anymore just came by so Heather could meet you. There is still much to be done at the house and for the house. We'll come by a different time when we have more time to spend here."

With that he waved goodbye and led Heather back out to the car, taking her to the Bulk store and market.

"Yes, It's a shame but we don't have much time to chat. Please feel free to stop by the house. I'll be working from home form now on so I won't mind the company. Anyway, it was so nice to meet you Ray, I hope we can have more to chat." Heather said sweetly as Ethan started to pull her out the door.

She then slipped into the car as Ethan turned it on, the two of the driving off towards the bulk store and market. When they arrived and parked she slipped from the car and closed the door behind her, adjusting her purse and wandered around the car. She smiled at Ethan when he joined her and pointed to the bulk store first.

"Let's get the cans and such at the store, as well as meat in the bulk store first. Then we can buy the fresh fruits and vegetables at the market." She said.

Ethan nodded and started the walk towards the building, they had to walk through the market. They had to walk through it first in order to get back to the bulk store. He looked around at the venders and smiled to himself. This place was filled with memories upon memories. Including the first time that he got lost. His mother had brought him here and dispite her warnings, wondered off. By the time his mother had found him he was in tears, sitting with the store manager in her office. It was little memories like this round town that made this town worth it. When they arrived at the store he set off getting what they needed to get.