Expect The Unexpected

Heather watched curiously as Ethan whispered to his sister, the younger girl smiling at her as soon as she came back over. She nodded her head as she smiled and chuckled a little as she spoke.

"Yep, as true as it can be." She said with a smile as she nodded her head happily.

It seemed that Beth was going to be on their side like his mother was. Does that mean that his brothers would be on his father's side? Well, they would have to just wait and see then, wouldn't they?

Beth grinned, ear to ear.

"That is so cool!"

Alden raised his voice.

"What's going on...?"

Beth turned to them, a grin on her face.

"Ethan's and his girlfriend are having a baby!"

The two boys grinned at each other and grabbed Ethan. pulling him from the room. Beth sat next to her. She reached across the table and grabbed a caramel, playing with it in her fingers as she spoke.

"Ethan was such a chicken in High School, got asked a million times and only went on a few dates so this is a suprise. I'm Beth by the way but you already know, and I would hug you I'm so happy but It might be weird since you barely know me...it will be nice having another woman around. Too many guys if you ask me."

Mrs. McCoy came over with an assortment of salty dishes for her to choose from. She smiled at Heather.

"Don't you worry about Ethan with his brother's Alden and Jackson. They are probably just draggin' him around as they horse play. In the mean time Darlin' Eat up. Your eaten for two now."

Heather smiled as Beth spoke, finding her to be such a sweet kid. She would definitely be a future babysitter in her eyes, without question. She let out a small laugh at what she said and quietly helped herself to the slat snacked placed in front of her. She was rather glad to have female company now, especially since she would need help with things that only women would understand.

"It's alright, I don't mind hugs...just don't squeeze too hard." joked lightly before letting out a small sigh. "I just wish it was as easy as you made it sound Mrs. McCoy...My morning sickness is hitting me a lot harder than I thought. Half the time I can barely stomach walking into my kitchen since a lot of things are setting it off.." She said as she nibbled on the food lightly. "Luckily it's passed for now, or I wouldn't be able to eat all of this good food."

She then turned back in the direction of where the boys dragged Ethan once again, smiling a bit before looking back to the girls.

"So is being dragged off just a normal part of living in this family or is Ethan just special today?"

Beth reached out and took a bit of food herself and smiled.

"Oh, ya should've seen Ethan before he went of to the city. Him and his brothers used to cause trouble and horseplay all the time. But it seems he has found much more intrestin' stuff to be concerned about then that now. Namely the baby, job, and not to mention a very pretty girlfriend."

Mrs. McCoy stopped in her tracks and turned to her.

"It comes and goes, Beth was my good baby, not a bout of Mornin' Sickness to be seen. The twin's Jackson and Alden...I had some but It wasn't too bad. But I'm tellin' ya, with Ethan I got it real good. Just be patient, we'll see If this baby decides to give us any more trouble or not."

It was about an hour when Ethan came back into the kitchen. He looked a little tierd and a bit frazzled, sitting down on the other side of Heather.

"I'll take you're word for it, Mrs. McCoy...Though I still don't like loosing my food all the time, I can't stand that acid taste." She said, making a bit of a face before grabbing another bite of food. She then turned to Beth with a small smile. "You're brother better not rough him up too much, I still need him to help me with the moving truck tonight." She said with a grin.

When Ethan returned she couldn't help but let out a light chuckle, it looked like he had just been attacked by some overly friendly puppies. She took another bite of food as she leaned into the table, giving her boyfriend a playful grin as she spoke.

"Well don't you look like you've had some fun. Don't tucker your self out completely though, we still have a truck to unpack after all." She said as she smiled at him.

(Sorry for tiny post! I wasn't sure what else to say >.<)

"Speaking of that..." he said with a tierd sigh. "Your right. We better get a move on, on that If we want a place to sleep tonight."

He stood up and went over to his mother, giving her a hug.

"Thanks for everything Ma, we'll be back sometime but Heather and I have a lot of work to get done tomorrow with that house."

She kissed him on the cheek and smiled.

"I'll be sendin' your Pa over there to help in the mornin'. And don't you skip out on dinner. I got plenty here."

He pulled away and nodded, going over and taking Heather's hand gently and carefully pulling her to her feet.

"I know ma...Tell everyone I love them, got to go now."

With that he pulled Heather out of the house and into the car. Letting out a sigh of relief once he helped her and settled in the driver's seat.

"Well, that was more tireing then I expected, hope everything went okay for you while I was being dragged every which direction..."

He turned his head and looked at her with a warm smile.

Heather proceeded to try and eat as much of the food in front of her as Ethan said his goodbyes, giving a small wink at Beth before she let her boyfriend help her up from the chair. Before Heather could voice her own personal goodbye she was dragged out the door, only able to wave to the women before they were out of view. She slipped into the car without much trouble and waited for her boyfriend to get in before smiling a bit at him.

"I had a lovely time, your parents were very nice...Though I'm assuming you had a nice little chat with your father right? Either way, you're sister is adorable without question. I think I'll employee her as a baby sitter on days that I need to sit down and work or if we ever want to go out, she seems to be such a sweet girl. " She said as she looked toward the house again. "You're mother is wonderful as well, I'm certain we'll get along just fine...The only thing we have to worry about now are my parents." She said with a small sigh.

It wasn't that she was worried about them being mad, it was the fact that she still hadn't had a chance to call them. She probably wouldn't for another few weeks and by then she'd probably be two months along...She didn't like that at all. However, she couldn't let her mind get sad, she had to stay as positive as she could. She turned to him again and took his hand gently, intertwining their fingers together.

"Let's go, I want to start unpacking while I still feel up to it..."

The whole way over to the couple's new house across town, Ethan kept his fingers laced with Heather's. He smiled warmly to himself. Ethan was so happy that things went relativly well for the first time introducing her to his family. The man would admit that he didn't know how his siblings would react but Beth was so excited now, and it gave Alden and Jackson a reason to tease him, like they always used to. It was nice being back in his good old Water tower town. People he knew would be all around, probably come on over and introduce themselves to the new addition to the town. Heather, his girlfriend. It was reshuring knowing that though suprising, most people in this town would be accepting of Him and his new, small family.

This town was a bit small but it had schools, grocery stores, art festival once a year, and everything else people would need. It was a close knit community and it was comforting to be back here. New York was fun while It lasted but now he was finding that...He missed this place; alot more then he would admit to anyone. When they arrived at the house, there were a few people, excluding the movers, people he recognized. A grin spread across his lips. It was a few of his buddies, the few he had, from high school. With them were what he expected to be girlfriends or wives. Seeing all these people he had not seen since graduation was going to be great.

He pulled into the drive and came around, taking her hand again, leading her inside to the house they had picked together. Ethan noticed the labeled boxes, were being set in the room according to there label. They walked through the house and he smiled to himself. This place was going to need a little help but it wasn't anything too serious. Nothing they couldn't handle. He squeezed her hand a bit tighter, smiling.

"Well...here we are."

Heather watched the town pass by outside the window as they made there way through town, note where all the shops and such were for when they would need to go there. Of course, Ethan would probably know where they were no matter what she still wanted to know herself, especially if she was home alone at one time or another and had to go shopping. This place was just growing on her more and more. Though it certainly wasn't the New York she loved it was lovely in its own right. The small stores and closeness of the people was so welcoming, far different from the yelling and insults of the concrete streets. She was unable to think about it much longer though as she noticed that they were coming up to their brand new home.

She saw that right away there was more than just the movers there, there were other couples standing around. She assumed that they were neighbors or maybe friends of Ethan's that had come to say hello. Even though she would gladly meet more people, Heather had to see more of there new home. Luckily, Ethan felt the same way as he took her into the house and looked aroud. Their boxes were scattered everywhere, each placed in its proper room at least. It smelled dusty in the air, no surprising since the home had been bouth by a bank and left to sit empty for a long time. The house its self had some cosmetic issues, but they weren't major. It was things they could fix over time. A good coat of paint and a little elbow grease would turn this house from grubby to lovely. Heather then looked at Ethan as he spoke, smiling along with him as she held his hand a bit tighter.

"Yeah...We made it...I'm not sure where to start though. It's far more intimidating than it was to pack the boxes." She said as she looked around the rooms.

"Yeah...Well..I personally think that we would start by taking care of the cosmetic needs of the house that we would have to move things around to take care of...like...painting for example and maybe some of the cleaning..."

As he finnished someone came and gave him a big pat on the back, though it was more like a slap on the back. He turned around to see an old friend of his, John Maroe. At six foot tall John was tall and lean. He had big brown eyes and dark brown hair. He had changed some since he had last seen him. Ethan smiled. It was great seeing him again.

"John! It's been awhile."

John smirked and chuckled.

"Indeed it has. Nice place you two picked out here. Once it's cleaned up it will be a lookin' real nice."

The man looked over at Heather then back to Ethan.

"You got yourself a real nice lookin' City girl. You better be takin' care of her." John turned and looked at her. "Nice to meet you Miss, if He get's out of line be sure to let me know and I'll knock some sense into this here boy."

He would hear anything she said out before going back to work. Ethan let out a sigh of relief and a gentle smile. Yes...he was glad to be home...

"I can't think of a better place to start...Though, I'm not exactly sure which room to paint first or fix up...which room is most important?" She asked.

Before she could get an answer though someone came up behind them and gave Ethan a slap on the back, the motion startling Heather a bit. She turned to see yet another tall man and smiled as it seemed to be one of Ethan's old buddies. It seemed that she was just meeting everyone he knew that day. When he introduced himself to her she let out a light laugh and waved at him kindly.

"I'll make sure to let you know if he is giving me problems, promise. It was a pleasure to meet you also." She added before he returned to his work.

She looked over at Ethan and could see that he seemed very happy. Maybe the move hadn't been such a bad idea. Though she had seen Ethan happy in New York his smile seemed almost different, as if it was made just for this town alone.

"So...Shall we get started and look around? Maybe see what we can tackle first before I'm a useless with a nearly 30 extra pounds of fat and baby."

"Probably the Bedrooms...the master bedroom and the nursery. We want a place to sleep as soon as possible...then the bathroom and kitchen...places we'll absolutley need as soon as possible."

He turned around and looked at her with a smile.

"Yes, Lead the way and I'll follow. Wherever you want to start is fine with me."

(Sorry it is extreamly short...got alot going on right now and don't know what else to put...x.x)

Heather smiled back at Ethan before leading the way up to their first project, the master bedroom. Thankfully, the room was painted a simple white and seemed to have been fixed up by the previous owners. Heather was fine with white, that meant she could have an array of comforter colors and sheets. After tossing off the high heeled boots she originally wore and replacing them with tennis shoes, she began to get to work with Ethan. Now Heather was no construction worked but she was the hard working sort which helped when she wasn't the brightest with tools. She learned quick though and soon the two of them finished assembling their bed and placing the rest of their furniture in that room. With a completely useable master bedroom they continued on at a slower pace since they at least had a place to sleep.

By evening, the master bedroom was completely assembled, save for the planned decorations that Heather still had do dig out of some boxes and a lap that now needed a shade replacement since the old one was flattened during the drive. The nursery was a slight mess, mostly because it needed the most work of all. There was a need for paint, the closet needed to get brand new shelving and it seemed like the trim needed replacing as well...since half of it was missing. That was a project they had time to tackle later and once the house was in more order they could think about it. The living room, kitchen and dining room were some what put together, just a need for some paint touch up since Heather rather liked some of the colors, the only one she wanted to change completely was the dinning room, and ungodly neon yellow of sort staring back at them as soon as they stepped in.

The kitchen was in the best shape of all, it was like walking into their dream kitchen. It resembled Ethan's mother's kitchen with the country like cabinets and simple counter tops but the floor was brand new wood flooring, so lovely that for the first ten minutes Heather could only look down. As for the rest of the house, it needed just a little elbow grease and some time...time which both of them would have for awhile since she worked from home and he traveled for his job. Much to Heather's dismay, she did not gat as far as she would have liked before the drowsiness kicked in, taking her out almost like a bullet. With a wave of the white flag she crashed in their bed for the night, planning to make a bigger dent in their work tomorrow...Hopefully Ethan's father will help them out nicely.

Ethan smiled as they went about their projects. It was great, after they both agreed on the color of the master bedroom a thankfully, simple white. It looked as if it had been recently redone and rather well, at least to his liking. He suggested they get the bed set up so they had somewhere to stay so they did. Heather wasn't the best with tools but patiently, not to mention lovingly, he showed her how to use each of the tools. In no time they had the bed set up and moved in the rest of the furniture for the room. After wards they moved onto the next project; the nursery. He looked around the room, he chuckled softly to himself as he smiled warmly. Ethan could picture how it would look like…depending on the gender of the baby. He would gladly welcome either a son or a daughter. Ethan would be proud to claim the child as his, and this room…would look magnificent.

He wanted the best for this child…which felt odd to him. This baby wasn't even born yet and yet…he felt a protectiveness and love he had never though existed. Not only for the baby but for Heather. She was his everything…he didn't know where he would be without her. His loving girlfriend completed him and if She wanted something, he would evenly make it happen for her, no matter how long it might take. They went throughout the day. Ethan didn't mind the colors of the house, Heather liked the colors as well but they both shared a general dislike for color in the dining room.

A neon yellow he cringed a bit, glancing around at the colors. This would have to go…they would need to decide on a color they both liked to go in here. It was important…as a family oriented man…and belonging to a family who valued family, the kitchen and dining room would be used a lot. To cook…to socialize…making memories. Some of his fondest memories of his childhood and family were in the kitchen, helping his mother with thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner. Though they ate out a lot, Ethan wasn't too shabby at cooking. It wasn't near as wonderful as his mothers cooking but it wasn't bad at all.

For the rest of the house they cleaned up a little but he could see Heather was tiring and it wasn't long before she retired to their bed and he shortly followed after her; laying back with a sigh and a smile he cuddled right up next to the love of his life, careful not to bother her. Soon he drifted off to sleep. The next morning he heard his phone buzz on the nightstand next to him. Slowly, careful not to wake Heather he climbed out of bed and took the phone into the other room before answering it.

"Good morning…" he said drowsily, trying to wipe the sleep from his eyes.

"Good morning sweetheart!" his mother said happily. "Your father is bringing some breakfast for you and Heather, also coming to help so be ready to work!"

Before he could say anything she hung up. He had almost forgotten the move yesterday and that they were back in his hometown. Soon he could smell his mother's home cooking as someone walking into the house…his father was here.

(Sorry it took so long! >.<)

Heather did not wake easily the next morning, she was very very tired from the move and the pregnancy. From what she read it was normal to feel a little more tired than usual in the beginning of the pregnancy because of all of what was going on in her body. However, Heather was a stubborn woman and not even the early stages of pregnancy or morning sickness could stop her!...Slow her down maybe, but stop her? Unlikely...With a long yawn she woke up to an empty bed and they smell of something delicious. Maybe it was because her senses were heightened from the baby or the fact that she was very hungry but her nose was super sensitive, she could easily compete with a dog.

After shuffling from under the covers and grabbing a long fluffy robe, she wandered out from her room. Heathers did not look all that different without makeup, still rather attractive and lovely, but she still felt a little naked without it. She only peaked out of the bed room door to see Ethan in the hall with his cell phone in hand. The smell was stronger so she could only assume one thing...

His father was here to help.

Before she planned on getting dressed she shuffled over to her boyfriend and gave him the traditional morning miss, arms wrapping around his neck gently as her lips graced his cheek.

"Morning..." She said softly as she looked up at him. "I believe your father is here...and with food."

(it's alright! I don't mind waiting!)

Ethan didn't hear as his beautiful girlfriend graced him with her preasance. He came to when she wrapped her arms around the neck and greeted him good morning, kissing him on the cheek. The man smiled as he rememberd the first night him and Heather stayed togeather, and the morning after. It was just as wonderful. He leaned forward and placed a gentle, loving kiss on her lips.

"Good morning beautiful."

He reached back and carefully took one of her hands, sliding his fingers inbetween hers.

"I do believe your right. Let's go have something to eat before we start making this house a home eh?"

He waited for her reply before leading her off to the kitchen. On the counters were an assortment of breakfast items native to Colorado and the United states in general. His father was standing with a paper plate in hand, serving himself something to eat. He looked over at the couple, nodded a greeting to his son before offering a polite, friendly smile to Heather.

"Good Morning Miss. Heather, Glad to see you are well."

Heather smiled happily as her boyfriend kissed her lips and greeted her kindly. Her smiled only grew as he laced their fingers together gently. With a tired giggle and a nod of her head she agreed with the idea of eating before working and let him lead her off into the kitchen. When they wandered in her nose went crazy with the small of food, her stomach grumbling loudly to show how hungry she was. The on and off morning sickness was starting to effect her hunger as well it seemed. She waved at Ethan's father and smiled a little more at his greeting, a little embarrassed since she still looked a little disheveled from sleeping.

"Good morning, Mr. McCoy. It's good to see you again. Thank you for bringing over breakfast." She said softy as she wandered toward the table curiously.

All the food looked good and she found that she didn't know where to start. If Mrs. McCoy cooked all of this just for them then she couldn't imagine how much she made for her whole family. She was definitely going to getting cooking lessons from that woman, no matter what she had to do to get them. She started to fill her own plate slowly before sitting at the table and eating slowly, still a little drowsy from just waking up.

"Sure thing." his father said, sitting not far from Heather. "My wife got up very early to cook this. She is just thrilled that she will finally have a grandchild. I'm happy for you as well...don't get me wrong but when it comes to under the circumstances the child is coming, I'd have rather have my boy be intellegent enough to marry ya first. He's not pushin' ya too much is he? True the house needs fixing up but he's capable of most of these he can do or do with my help..."

His father became quieter as he came over, Ethan sitting next to Heather with his plate food. Ethan looked over at him and smiled gently.

"How are you feeling this morning?"

He waited for her to awnser before telling her that he had a suprise he was going to go pick up for her and to just stay. Stay and get to know his father better. With that he finnished breakfast, slipping off into the newly dawned day.

Heather smiled at Mr. McCoy, glad to know that he was concerned about her. Not only because of the baby but because they weren't married. For her it didn't matter if they got married aright after the baby was born of it the got married years from now, she was content and happy with her relationship with the way it was...Of course, she wouldn't say no to an engagement ring on her finger.

"He's not pushing me at all Mr. McCoy. I am doing what I'm able and not trying to push myself more than needed. I have to keep some energy for work since I'll be working mostly during the pregnancy." She said to him as she continued to eat. She then looked to Ethan and smiled, unable to stop herself from doing so. "And I am feel alright, better than I do most mornings...I should be able to be some help today."

She blinked a bit in surprise when he said he had a surprise for her that he had to pick up. She didn't question him to much on it and set him off with a kiss before turning to Mr. McCoy.

"Well, I suppose we cold get some more work done while he's away if that is alright with you...but first I think I should get dressed." She said with a small laugh as she remembered she was still in her pajamas. She slipped up stairs quickly and changed into some jeans and a tang top before coming back down.

As his father and Heather got back to work Ethan went down town in search of the shop he knew was still there but the man who had been like an uncle to him. Ray Edwards wood working shop. He had made a rocking chair for his own mother when she was pregnant with him...now he was going to get one for Heather. That an a crib; there was no other fruniture more solid, he trusted Ray. So, Ethan had called him three weeks before coming down and placed an order, now he was going to bring them home. The rocking chair and crib would be the center pieces of the nursery. As the entered the woodworking shop he looked around, there was no one in sight.

"Ray, I'm home!"

As he said that a tall, broadshoulderd, man with a scruffy beard came through the door of the workshop, brushing off wood shavings from his work apron. A wide smile came across his face and he walked over to Ethan, pulling him into a hug.

"Ethan, m'boy your back!" he said excitedly.

Ethan hugged him back before pulling away and looking at him.

"The rocking chair and crib done...?" he asked.

Ray grinned happily and nodded, waving for him to follow him. They went out into the shop and stopped right infront of the two pieces he had ordered. Ethan smiled happily as he went up to them, brushing his fingers across the beautiful, smooth, warm wood. Slowly, amazed, he traced the intricate designs etched into the wood.

"Ray...these...they are amazing, just what I needed!"

"Well Ethan boy...I'd do anything for your woman and babe. Be sure to come by and see me. I'd love to meet them."

Ethan nodded and stood up strait.

"Sure thing. How much will that be?" he said reaching into his back pocket pulling out his wallet.

Ray shook his head and smiled warmly.

"As long as you put these to good use, and bring your young family by nothin'."

Ethan blinked.

"R-Ray...these pieces...they are easily worth...five hundred or so...Are you sure...?"

The big man nodded and smiled.

"I'm sure."

With that he helped Ethan load them into the truck he had brought and Ethan was soon on his way home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan's father looked at her smiled a bit, cleaning up any dirty dishes. Heather came back into the room and he looked back over at her, finnishing the dishes.

"Well....where do you need me Miss...?"

He waited for her to awser then went to work.

(Sorry it took so long! >.< Were opening house tomorrow for the Musical I'm in, been rather busy!)