1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Horror, fantasy, sci-fi.
This RP will be for 3-5 players, a group of outcasts, pirates, heretic priests, and mutants.
The system is easy enough to learn, a dice-pool system that's easy to use but has mechanical depth if you want to engage with it.
No prior experience with this game or dice games required. All skill levels welcome.
One post a week is ideal, once a month is acceptable.
No set post length - just post what you feel is necessary to move things along.
Full rules and setting at this link with Chapter 9 being most relevant for this part of the setting.
You only need to read that much and the rules chapter at most, and I am happy to assist with the mechanical side of the character in full.

==============

1597166835536.png
Baytown, not wholly accurate

The world is a Dream, the priests say, born from the slumbering Godhead. It has a hierarchy, they say, where one's place is graven upon the very soul. It is just, they say, and proper.
You don't buy that part anymore. The priests set themselves up to rule Radiant Pearl and the roving clans of the Wildlands, and control the lives of everyone underneath them. Or worse, declare some Outcaste, claiming them have souls so impure they must be shunned, and their children shunned, and their children's children until the Godhead awakens and the Dream ends.
And so you - Outcaste or heretic, mutant or criminal - have fled the great city of Radiant Pearl for the lawless islands of the Sleeping Sea.
There are few ways to live out here, as the islands are filled with strangeness and danger, with little room to farm but plenty to hunt.
But there is an island; Uassan, meaning 'exile' in the Low Speech. A place for the outcast and downtrodden. An abode of pirates, for one sure way to guarantee not merely a living, but a good life, is to plunder the ships of former kinfolk and the Palemen of the north alike.

You have the freedom of the high seas, and the burden of your past - who knows what the future will bring? Surely Radiant Pearl and her priesthood will not brook this defiance long...

1597166988126.png
A bound enforcer of Gold Shark prepares to collect an unpaid loan

Hey. This looks right up my alley. I've had a decent skim through of Gdoc and I think I broadly understand the mechanics though im sure I've missed a few things. I have two questions.
1: is there any particular format etc you'd like a character sheet application in?
2: Are mutants on the table to be played? Just bouncing a few character ideas around my head and they sound fun.

Reactions: Excession
I am always open to clarify rules and I have a quick reference doc I'll stick in thread somewhere.

I have no strong feelings about sheet layout or format of application - if you can hit me with a cool character concept that demonstrates you vibe with my work, we're good and can build from there.
Mutants are absolutely an option - so far we are looking at:

1. A lost Hrothgard raider with a terrible curse.
2. A human-offshoot from a lost continent who is, for legal purposes, not an orc.
3. A rebel Priest of Night who defected from Radiant Pearl for as-yet unclear reasons.

• Thank You
Reactions: Applo
Awesome. As a premature heads up, the slew of ideas Im toying with

1: A Glorious Aspect (definitely not an aasimar) who was the "chosen one" of a cult that they have forgotten trying to make sense of life while the church and cult want them dead or alive.

2: A shape-shifter hunter type who has been an outcast all their life cos everyone thought it was because of demons or something.

3: A small scale smuggler extraordinaire woman who is actually a runaway noble lady.

4: An escaped bed slave (possibly also going for the glorious one affliction for reasons.).

Reactions: Excession
They all sound a long way from home.
There's a lot of that going around.

I would gently advise against option 2 since we have both a beast hunter and a shapeshifter.
Also, worth discussing this in the OOC to reduce clutter and prompt my merry band of clowns to join the conversation.

• Thank You
Reactions: Applo
I just realized I haven't updated that list of mutations in literally ten years YIKES