Exiled

• Thread starter Lu'Lexa Ashe Galaxy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had seen the... shapeshifter? He guessed it was one considering he had eyes on a panther and man that seemed to intertwine paths. He pulled out both of his scimitars, he looked back at the elf and nymph. "You'll see. Depending on the situation we might make a few enemies and our trip to town may be shorter then I thought." He looked out, "Come out, I know where you are." He smirked, a great sense of joy in his voice as he spoke next, "Depending on your situation I might help you with the seven guards that are currently chasing you." He paused, "Hell there may be more but I highly doubt even I can take them out. So choose quickly." He kept a tight grip on his scimitars, ready for the panther, or human to come out or for the guards to come out and realize he was a dark elf. Either direction wasn't good for him either way.

She stood as close to her two guardians as possible without hindering their movement , unprepared for the coming trouble. Her eyes darted in all different directions. Each slight noise made her jump. Her dagger was free and at her side, while she watched their backs. How unlucky to run into trouble so soon after leaving. She hoped Sir Naral would be fine with whatever came their way.

Ella remained still as she turned around looking over her shoulder calmly. She stared around observing keenly at her surroundings then over her shoulder at Naral and Artemia before staring ahead again. There were faint noises becoming closer and silence was among the group of three.

The man that had spoken seemed a little too happy about potentially fighting guards. It made Brais nervous. The current situation he was in though did not afford him to be picky. He wasn't going to be able to talk or explain anything in his current form though. Finding shadows amongst the trees, Brais took a deep breath. The longer he stays in his animal form the harder it is for him to shift back. There have been shapeshifters that have gotten stuck in their animal forms. It hadn't been too long, only an hour or so. His bones popped, changed lengths, and configurations. It wasn't exactly a painful experience, just rather uncomfortable. His clothing was mostly black, but his cloak had gold trim. His previous master loved to throw gold accents on their clothing and pets. The gold collar around his neck contained magic to shrink and grow depending on the form he took. However, it fit him better in his human form, so it didn't rub against his skin harshly. He buttoned up his shirt all the way to cover the collar he despised. Previous attempts to remove it himself had given him nasty electrical shocks through his hands.

Using a tree to help, Brais stood up, wincing as pain ran across his ribs. He stepped out from his hiding spot. This group was certainly not human. The pointed ears gave away the race of two as a sort of elvish. The other woman he was not sure what she was. Being cooped up for the entertainment of others didn't give him an education. He knew enough to survive though. "You wouldn't necessarily have to fight them alone. I knew I couldn't take the guards by myself, so I was hoping to outpace them. Though I wouldn't want endanger two women to injury. The course of events that have bought me here are a bit too complex to explain before the guards arrive."

He looked around with a frown listening to the ever closer footsteps. "Decide quick before I have to regain the distance I have gotten."

Mast had already made his decision, he charged forward with such immense speed directly to the side of Brais passing him, if he looked quick enough he could see a smirk on his face. His scimitars drawn directly behind him, he heard loud metal clangs and jumped up. The guard never expected a drow elf to come bursting up toward him. Mast sunk his blade directly into his face, as the other scimitar came up to his friend's neck. The guard made a gurgling sound and dropped to his knees and then to the ground. The drow elf looked forward as he saw ten more guards, all geared. He noticed only one archer, and his grin got bigger.

"A drow elf?" One said questioning, and the others stopped and eyed him. Mast Naral smiled, his blades hung to his side, with blood on his scimitars. Their eyes widen at the sight of their men in arms. "Drow elf!" They yelled and went into a combat position but didn't move. Naral smirked as the archer went to get an arrow, he quickly sheathed his sword and in what looked like one motion pulled off his bow and an arrow from his quiver and let lose, catching the bowman straight in the heart. He fell down limp.

Mast Naral smiled even wider as the rumor of the dark elves was not just a hoax. It was clear in the guards faces that they may be able to kill him but with sufficent loses on their side, Oh how rumors can quickly turn into reality.

The royal watched as the shapeshifter shifted and Naral attacked a group of armed guards. She quickly stepped behind a large trunk of a tree, watching in both horror and fascination. He seemed content to have the opportunity to cause bloodshed. She shook her head.
"How fortunate we are not his enemies..." The young woman murmured.
She gripped the bark of the tree, watching worriedly. Although he was a frightening man, she worried for the dark elf's safety. The humans, though equally afraid, if not, more, continued to fight the elf despite seeming to know he would end them swiftly. What if one of them managed through his defenses? She bit her lip worriedly for the blood thirsty elf.
"God Mother... will we be safe? Will he be okay? Should we help?"

"Indeed." Responded eloa standing Infront of Artemia rather nonchalantly."God Mother... " heard the nymph. With arms crossed under her cloak, she averted her gaze to artemia as Naral was handling the situation well himself and focused on Artemia."will we be safe? Will he be okay? Should we help?" She asks suggestively. Eloa sneered faintly looking down then back at Naral."He doesn't seem to be struggling, he seems joyous that this is happening." Explained the woman."I certainly believe we're safe, by now he would've killed you and me. Shook us off, and not accepted us tagging along with him... Me especially." She admitted when she confronted Naral much earlier."Besides... Those are only humans who troubled him." The woman shrugged.

Two guards showed courage and attacked the smiling drow elf. The drow was surprised as he worked their blades and they did fine. Except they had no defense, in which Mast made them pay with their lives for. He swatted both their weapons aside, one blade came up and cut through the metal chest plate and left a huge gash, the guard fell to the floor gasping. The other swung his blade and the elf stepped back and the attack caught air. The drow stepped forward and cut a huge gash in his throat, dismembering the left side of his neck from his body.

Another guard was already attacking, unfortunately he had a slow weapon against the agile elf. He swung down with the hammer, slowly the drow noted and he turned his body as the hammer came down vertically and hit the ground with a thud. The drow elf cut off his hand, and before he gasped in pain the other scimitar went straight through the guards heart, the guard had an extremely painful look as he fell to the ground. Three more. He thought to himself.

He didn't look at them, blood of their allies on his scimitar as he slowly turned, an evil grin on his face. One guard was absolutely petrified, and pissed himself. The other two charged in, one of them the leader. Mast wanted to challenge him. He looked at the other one, and threw what looked to be a dark ball of solid black, it hit the ground and exploded into darkness that covered their bodies. They screamed unable to see in it. Mast charged in and came out the other side in which could not be seen. The leader ran out and didn't see the dark elf. The guard held his sword firm and turned suddenly at a sound. The drow elf was clanging his two swords, and walking toward him, a devilish grin on his face. The leader charged forward hoping to save at least one of his men, he flailed wildly, going absolutely berserk on his jabs, swings, counters. The drow elf moved his scimitars just as rapidly, blocking everything the guard threw at him. Mast noticed he was slowing after several seconds and he started to go on the offensive. The leader was a good swordsman but couldn't keep up. He received one large cut on his arm then directly after as the other scimitar went by and cut on his thigh. The guard tried to maintain his composure and swung again. He got cut another time across his chest then his knee and not even a second later down his leg. He put his sword up to block but felt his hand get warm as the blade came across his hand and across his collarbone.

The guard came to his knees, the drow elf standing above him, all bloodied up and countless cuts across his body, blood everywhere and him breathing extremely heavy from exhaustion. The drow elf put a blade on his shoulder, "Well fought." He said in a joyless tone. The other scimitar stabbed straight through him, the guard could feel the hot metal in his lungs. The scimitar withdrew, the leader fell to the ground twitching slightly before going completely still. The drow elf turned to the last of the soldiers, he was on his knees, seemingly praying. The drow elf was several feet away from him. He cleaned off one of his blades on the grass and sheathed it and walked toward the last soldier, a very large smirk across Mast Naral's dark features.

Before Brais could realize what was going on the dark elf, as the guards so kindly shouted, had killed all the guards but one. He made a mental note not to get on the elf's bad side. It was rather intimidating the speed and joy he got from fighting. Brais was going to join in the fight, because a little revenge never hurt. Did he really want to get between the elf and his prey though? After what he saw he was sure the answer to that question was no. The elf was helping Brais, and who was he to stand in the elf's fun. Besides it bothered him a little to kill a man that had obviously given up, but he couldn't have this one reporting back and sending more after him. This was a hunt or be hunted game, no room for mercy. If there was another opportunity for Brais to get his revenge on the guards that his master had at his command though he would take it. "This certainly is an interesting turn of events," he muttered to himself.

Brais had expected to outrun the guards, not to see their blood being soaked into the ground. The blood did remind him of the hunts he went on as a child, though the prey was usually an animal. Everyone would get excited and adrenaline would pump through his veins as the scent of the prey was caught and the chase began. He suspected the dark elf was feeling a similar emotion killing the guards.

The sight of the pile of slaughtered humans caused an odd upset feeling in her stomach. The blood spattered everything, unseeing eyes were wide open, body parts covering the forest floor in a grisly fashion.
It was enough to remind the woman of the horror of murder. Her father was a murderer. She, herself, a murderer.
Mast Naral, a murderer.
The feral grin upon her ally's face, the look of satisfaction made Artemia wonder about herself.
She knew the meaning of being good. She also knew she was a good person.
Yet, deep within herself, was another girl. That girl was the one who walked with purpose into her father's study. That girl held the dagger within her grasp.
That dark, hidden girl killed her father.
And reveled in it.

She could not handle the sights. The feelings they invoked. The things they revealed. Quick as a nymph, she slipped past the trees, away from the bloody site before she could witness what Naral would do with the last of guards, who cowered like a mouse.
When she ran just a few paces away, she fell to her knees and gagged. Nothing could come up, for the young elf hadn't eaten a thing since the day of her crime.
She grasped the blades of grass and shuddered, feeling weak. Oddly, she remembered the fox corpse. She had dropped it. Perhaps Mast would be annoyed.
"What have I gotten myself into? Poly would be angry with me." She whispered absently.
Wiping her mouth, she leaned back on her knees and shut her eyes, sighing.

Mast walked up to the human and stood over him, his blades hanging loosely to his side. The guard was mumbling, his voice so petrified he sounded like a little kid"Oh god, please. Oh god.. I was just following orders. Please don't kill me." Mast frowned, dark elves that would do this were about to trick you. Or they were so weak you would have to kill them anyways because they brought shame to your House. Mast filled with anger on both thoughts, he pulled back his scimitar and was going to deliver the blow but stopped. He looked around at the bodies, his face stoned with a blank expression that was terrifying to look at. This is you trying to better yourself? He looked back to the guard who was not armed, face to the ground, and shaking all over.

It honestly made the dark elf sick looking at him. A fighter would never do this, Mast Naral of the Fourth House wouldn't ever dream of doing this even if his life depended on it. He shook with rage and then gave a warrior's breath as his body relaxed. "You'll deal with the shapeshifter." He walked away, finding that Artemia was gone, he looked at Brais. "All yours." He smirked at him, as he cleaned his blade with a cloth from his pocket. He threw the cloth down, and looked at the nymph but said nothing. He went and found Artemia and saw her expression, and the paleness on her face from being sick to her stomach. "I warned you were in for an experience." He had a calm, mellow tone. "You surface elves, or regular elves or whatever elf you are can be the same way. You just need a reason to do it." He stopped himself there, and forced himself away, not evening caring or noticing the fox.

The nymph walked away from the tree trunk the girl hid behind. She walked towards the shapeshifter."Are you hurt by any chance?" She asked softly then glanced over at Naral, she could've sworn he took a quick glimpse of her therefore stared at him for a few seconds before looking back up at the shapeshifter. But then a bought struck her and she looked at Naral, walking towards him."The corpses.." She said."Way to keep our presence secret."the nymph said sarcastically as she placed the hood of her cloak down and looked over at the spot artemia was hiding behind. The woman stretched out a silvery clawed hand and waved artemia over."Dearest, everything is ok now." She said then looked back at Naral."Now the people will know you did it, when you were the one telling us not to say there's a dark elf.... You're quite infamous I'm assuming therefore--Won't they know it's you by looking at the corpses?" She asked sitting beside him on her knees and tilting her head. Eloa was obviously concerned and she ever so slightly furrowed her eyebrows.

It was a feminine posture and she grabbed all of her long thick hair, resting them on one shoulder before putting her hands on her lap flatly. She then looked over at the shapeshifter and called to him politely."Sir? You can join us... We won't hurt you." She reassured."But do a foul move and the man who saved you won't hesitate to just slice you up.." Warned the nymph, somehow in a flat tone. Eloa observed the shapeshifter keenly then asked."Are you the panther or man being chased?" She asked."The birds told me..." Mumbled the girl.

Brais had been watching the dark elf and jumped a little when he heard a voice ask if he was hurt. He looked at the elegant woman and said, "Just some bruised ribs from a fall. I will be alright in a few weeks." Past injuries he had received were worse than this. The experience of being free once again was enough for him to ignore the pain.

When the dark elf didn't kill the last guard, Brais ground his teeth unsure what to do. If the elf who clearly enjoyed killing wouldn't do it, he was unsure he could. With a sigh Brais grabbed the guard and dragged the pathetic thing to his feet. "You got lucky, whatever god you were praying to is answering your prayers," he growled, "Go back but make sure they don't send anymore guards. Tell him I am dead or something. Besides your punishment for being the only one returning and without me will be worse than anything I could do to you, so you may want to just leave town." The guard gave him a last terrified look before running off. Brais was conflicted about his decision. None of the guards had spared a thought about his wellbeing during his captivity, and he just let one go unharmed. Perhaps there were enough bodies on the ground though to quench his thirst for revenge.

He turned away from the dead bodies and walked over to the others. "Thank you for your offer and for your help with those pesky guards. I appreciate it greatly. I seemed to have caused you an awful lot of trouble already though. Are you sure?" Brais remained standing not waiting to bend down and disturbed his bruised ribs. The dark elf certainly wouldn't have a problem slicing him up. He could outpace human guards, but from the elf's speed would probably catch him. Also in a battle Brais was sure he would be out matched. He chuckled at the woman's last comment, "I suppose I am the panther and man who got into a race with the guards. I usually go by Brais though."

Eloa looked at the man now identified as 'brais'. She patted at an empty spot next to her telling him to sit beside her."I can heal you.." She said."If you have broken bones, it'll only take a few minutes." Eloa added looking up at the shapeshifter.

Brais looked at the patch of grass next to woman. "Heal me?" he asked. Sure he had seen healers come to the house to care for the sick nobles, but he always just dealt with his broken bones and illnesses on his own. This woman didn't even know him and was offering to care for him more than the noble had. Having his ribs fixed in minutes instead of weeks would certainly save him pain and time. Injuries made shifting more painful. "Alright I can't turn down an offer like that. That fall from the wall messed up my ribs a bit," he said while sitting down. His ribs smarted, angry at him for the movement.

She released her eyelids and watched the other elf as he spoke. When he pulled away, and Eloa had answered that it was okay now, she merely shut her eyes again. Her chest rose with each deep breath. After the short meditation she forced herself to stand she lay her hand gently upon the dark elf's shoulder.
"Thank you." The simple appreciation was actually a very honest and complicated one. One that spoke of hope, of fear, and understanding. The unspoken words were for accepting her as a charge, letting her stay alive all without know who she really was. A hope that he would not regret his choice if and when he finds out. Of having that dark part in common.
With that, she simply walked passed him and settled herself near her God Mother, blatantly ignoring the horror scene. She watched the shapeshifter and tilted her head.
It was amazing the differences these other races had from her own. How odd. What baffled her were the ears. And the common humanoid-like bodies. She wasn't sure what she had expected. Could they sing a flower to life? Could they run as fast as the wind?
"
I wonder if offering a place in the group is going to be a habit of ours," she laughed lightly and smiled. "Hello. My name is Artemia. God Mother will take right care of you. Are you okay? Last thing I expected was a runaway." She straightened and glanced in the direction he appeared from. "I do hope I am not being rude when I asked why it was that you are running away," she wondered. "If you do not wish to reveal such information, I will respectfully concede. I just want to be sure whether we should expect more trouble."

The kind gesture, startled him. He didn't understand it at all and it confused him profoundly. Surfaces elves, as the dark elves called them, were against everything the dark elves stood for. The chaos, murdering, the oppressive life style that every dark elf stood for. Mast leaned against the tree, looking to all the courses and trying his hardest to not feel pride in that easy slaughter. He averted his eyes from it, trying not to take pleasure in it, and looked to the shapeshifter, nymph, and elf instead. He was annoyed with the nymph about always badgering him about what he said and thought. Unfortunately, he knew she was the angel in this group. However, he wanted to litter the ground with their bodies. Fear was the greatest instrument to use, especially against humans who would cower away from such a sight.

Though, revenge was also strong with humans and he realized it made them fight better. Some humans after a dark elf murdered a sibling of theirs could actually take and kill a dark elf. Dark elves knew nothing of that emotion, he knew one dark elf who got away from it all because he was such a skilled fighter and even better then Mast Naral. He cleared that thought, giving a blank expression deciding to listen to see what the shapeshifter was going to do.

Eloa placed a hand gently over the males rib cage as she began healing, a faint green aura appearing. She looked over her shoulder at Artemia and back at Naral who obviously ignored her. What was the point on her even joining in the first place anyways again? She shrugged deciding perhaps it'd be best not to even try bonding with him despite artemia's wishes perhaps on trying to introducing them to each other, she only have succeeded so it was pretty much useless.

It seemed as if The nymph and The Dark Elf would never befriend each other. He was like the other male elves reguardless, but mentally Eloa also reminded herself that he also has a -kind- heart--Just doesn't know it yet. How? He literally took and accepted the nymph in so far not even tormenting her in anyway, and took in Artemia naturally. And now this time he didnt object to the panther shape shifter joining, therefore he was laid back perhaps and had restraint and Eloa giggled at the thought looking away from him then shaking her head rather amazed."I truly admire you Naral." She simply said grinning as she healed Brais."If you're curious as to why, I'd rather not say seeing as it may fluster you." Added Eloa."And you know nymphs do not acknowledge men for starters. Moreover get close to one willingly." She said politely.

Brais hesitated answering Artemia's question. There was no rational reason he could think of for not to tell them. His pride didn't want him to admit that he had been forced into servitude, and then see pity on their faces. They should know though, especially after they were helping him. The sensation of the healing was actually rather pleasant, or perhaps he was used to feeling the movement of bones and tissue. The woman was a nymph then. He had never seen or met one before. He wondered why she would be around two men if she didn't like them. She must have her reasons, he thought.

"I'm not exactly a runaway more like an escapee. There is a nobleman in town, Keerem, who enjoys impressing others with his 'pets.' I guess he thought having a shapeshifter would be rather remarkable. When I was a child I wandered off my parents and some men found me alone. Next thing I knew I was locked in a room and summoned at Keerem's bidding," he explained, "I disliked it from the start. It wasn't until today that I got my chance to get my freedom back." Brais had seen only a few other 'pets.' They had had this blank stare of acceptance for their lives. Brais had been the only one who still had some fight left in his spirit, despite the noble trying to beat it out of him.

A look of anger flashed across Artemia's face. It truly did not matter what race anyone was. They could be just as bad as her father. It was despicable.
Her hand itched to grab her dagger and find the man responsible for Brais' captivity. To rip the right of growing with a family for one's own entertainment... it was inexcusable.
Smiling without feeling, she knelt down
, pale blue eyes fierce. "I do hope that man meets a horrible end. I am happy we could assist in helping you. Although it was all real thanks to Mast."
Slowly, she brought her gaze to what had made her sick to her stomach just a few minutes ago. Although sad for the lives lost, and though she knew they probably had families, she was glad some good came of it. Men who allow these things to happen in exchange for pay held no respect from the Royal. The sight caused a war within herself. A war between what two sides, she could not really say. Either she did not know
, or she did not wish to assess it too closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.