Exhaustion and Madness OOC

My name is... Elliot Ward

And I am... Master Welder and sometimes blacksmith.

What's been keeping you awake?
I got these horrible nightmares that I can't seem to shake. Nothing I do has proven to work at relieving them. I've tried working out, drinking, hell, even smoking a little pot. Okay, a lot of pot. But I still get them. Staying awake is the only sure thing.

What just happened to you? About two weeks ago I hit a girl running on the side of the road. I was coming home after a long day. Must've been more tired than I thought, 'cause before I even know happened, I was a murderer. I've never been in trouble before, I was scared, so I ran. I Ran home, like anyone would. I managed to get away clean, but damn my soul for what I've done.

What's on the surface? I'm known as a hard worker and extremely dependable. I'm quick to smile and always willing to make conversation. I'm well respected, and a stand up individual within my community. Though I'm a welder, I'm a clean cut and well dressed outside of work, often preferring slacks and a button up shirt. While working he allows himself to simply gather dirt until he can clean himself up again.

What lies beneath? Strong willed and quiet. Tries to always do the right thing, though has never been forced through any trauma leading to a more sheltered attitude.

What's your path? I don't want to stay here, but I don't want to go back. Maybe I can find a way to fix things. Maybe...

Talents.

Exhaustion:
Always been a bit larger and stronger than most. Though I've never been in a fight it's served me well the rare times I need to intimidate.

Madness: Being a welder has made me used to heat and the bite of sparks. So much so that it's as if you could say they are very much a part of me. My body is so used to heat that I seem to give off my own, like a piece of freshly welded metal. I can give off anything from a gentle warmth to searing, unbearable heat. Additionally, after having breathed in so many sparks over the years, and it seems as they they were only waiting for a moment to come back out. They shine brighter and much, much hotter than usual and are easily able to blind and confuse as well as sting and burn.

Scars.
Guilt. That damned guilt. It eats away at me inside and makes me question myself and eats away at my will power.

Alright folks, I'm going to be working on getting the IC up today! I hope you are all ready for this insanity 8D

Sweeeeet!

I'll be posting this afternoon..

Meh. I'm not entirely happy with my post but I've been working on it all morning and it's the best I can do. I'm going camping so I'm not going to be able to post again til this monday, maybe tuesday. If I survive packing today. *glowers out the window*

LAI, your post was just fine! I understand you'll be away, but that's okay. I promise I won't kill Natalie while you're gone.

Christine, I suggest running or fighting back. I mean, unless you don't mind Felicity losing her gender to the Misogynist? I left it open. Also - and this applies to everyone - you can have your character realize their Talents at any time.

Everyone else... uh. Good luck. C:

Trust me, when Matt realizes his talent its going to be HOLY SHIT, mixed with body horror mixed with I must be dreaming/mad mixed with I don't have a choice but to go with it.

Thats what DRYH is about.

I'm going to see what I can do about a post tonight before I go to bed.

Trust me, when Matt realizes his talent its going to be HOLY SHIT

Sevens will probably react something along the lines of "why is there a me-shaped hole in that wall there?"

Apparently I'm being seduced in my nightmare. << HA! Typical.

Hah! This is awesome. If I were you, Christine, I'd update your profile to include your new androgynous body-type. XD

O.o and how are you supposing I should do that? Saying that I'm being seduced by a fictional character?!

Sevens is making a rather minor use of his Exhaustion power, there.

I'd say the bigger the feat of parkour, the more taxing it is on his energy levels. If he overuses it he collapses and then it's "ALL ABOARD THE RAPE TRAIN!" for any nearby Nightmares.

As I returned from camping to find my life invaded by a toddler who needs almost constant attention (her mother is going to work full time) ON TOP of taking care of my other sick relatives I'm having to cut a couple role-plays. I'm so sorry. I always wanted to do one of these dammit, but I'm going to have to catch a future one.

Feel free to do horrible things to my character in revenge/for plot's sake. I think she'd make a good Negative Nancy myself...