Excuse Me Sir, Do You Have a Moment to Speak About Death? (mahigan & Peter Crimsonblood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I doubt being turned into a Death Agent was part of your agenda today either." Alice tapped her fingers impatiently before accepting his hand. His sudden strength sent her flying into Peter and straight out of the elevator. With a cheerful ding, the elevator closed and went down - only this time with one of her shoes on it. Alice rubbed her wrist and shoulder and grimaced. "Watch it. That. Hurt." Being so close to him felt strange, warm, embarrassing in a way. She wondered if that was how her previous victims had felt with her but deep in her gut she knew this wasn't a human body issue. It was something stronger she couldn't place her finger on at the moment.

"Um... It's kinda self explanatory, isn't it?" She hopped on her shoe covered foot, a bit away from Peter now but still gripping onto his hand. "I mean, there's the alive state and the dead one. You... I don't know what you are. You're still alive but you have the powers of the dead. I don't even know what I am anymore! Just let me have some quiet time to think about it all. Are we there yet? This is harder than it looks." She gestured towards her one legged hopping.

"Well, whatever it is i am now, i can't go without you ,can i? I guess you could say we're two prisoners in one shackle." He said as he noticed her cute way of hopping. He took a step towards her and paused before lifting her off the floor. "I may seem like an asshole, but i can't let a bare footed lady walk." He then approached his apartment door and took out his keys which were now rusty and...crispy..in a way. He unlocked the door with one hand while holding her with the other. The door creaked open by itself, which made him feel a little embarrassed. He didn't want people to see that he couldn't afford to fix a damn door.

"Here we are, not much like king Arthur's castle is it?" He said referring to his room and put Alice down gently. He threw the keys onto a counter and headed for the fridge. "Would you like some beer?" he said holding a bottle in the air. He wasn't sure whether she knew what "normal" humans drink, hell, he didn't even know her name, but he was too well raised not to offer his visitors a drink.

Last edited:
"Woah-ho!" Alice found herself being scooped up like a child which was good for her legs but bad for her pride. Still, the strain of hopping wasn't something she liked experiencing so she put up with it. "I don't think you're an asshole. Not much, really." She spoke quietly. She didn't catch his apartment number but the relative privacy and quiet of the room was what she was after. Upon being set down Alice made way for a chair nearby, kicking off her other shoe as she did. A glimpse of a picture caught her eye, making her pause to stare at it.

A happier looking Peter, along with a curlier haired girl who bore a strikingly similarity to... herself. Although she hadn't done anything, she felt as if she'd committed a crime and guilt forced her to look away. She hoped Peter hadn't seen her and she was glad to see him rummaging through the fridge. Alice snatched the bottle from his hand perhaps more abruptly than she'd liked before retreating to the chair. She opened the bottle with a faint clack and drank the awkward silence away. "Thanks. What is this stuff anyway? It's kinda bitter. Okay, okay but we gotta focus now. First, let me start off by saying - there are humans and souls. Spirits. Underworld?" She took another swig from the bottle. "Goddamn. I'm not good with words!"

"It's beer, what, they don't sell alcohol where you come from?" he said and hopped onto the bed. He laid back with his legs extended in front of him and his hands resting behind his neck. He grabbed the controller, turned on the TV and looked at the girl again. "It's okay, no one is good with words. Why don't you start off by telling me your name and where you came from." he said calmly and sat up.

Even though Peter did not, in any way, believe what was happening to him, he wanted to. He had spent most of his home life reading books about hell, demons, death Gods and chicks called Succubus who seduced weak men just for fun. These topics really enthralled him and made him want to learn more about the secrets of the afterlife. But then again, maybe he was in for a surprise, maybe he was already experiencing life after death.

Last edited:
"We don't really eat much. Or drink much. Or do anything really." Alice took another gulp from the bottle. "Suppose this is one of the perks of coming up top." The buzz of the television caught her eye for a moment. Her attention span was cat like for now that she was calming down she had more space for curiosity. Tearing her gaze from the newscast, Alice began to speak. "That sounds good. Okay. So my name is Sahvozdosil, Devourer of Hundreds, Reaper of Souls, Death Agent #7302," her titles were numerous and self given, "but most call me Alice. So you can call me that too!"

She drained the last of the dregs from her bottle before chucking it behind her, a resounding smash sounding right after. "Oops. God, these things are breakable aren't they? Don't worry, don't worry, I'll clean it up. Later. Okay carrying on! I," she took a dramatic breath, "come from Hell. The nightmare realm of mortals, the final resting place of sinners and overall, boring central. You guys have it all wrong. It isn't some fiery burning pit of eternal agony - although it does get a little stuffy down there - and there's no such thing as demons or devils or whatever you guys call it nowadays. At least I haven't met any." Alice waited to see his reaction before continuing.

"Don't worry about it...Alice" he said referring to the broken bottle and feeling a bit curious as to why she has so many strange names. He wasn't surprised to hear that she had come from hell, nor that demons didn't exist, because for some reason, the new eyes he had acquired were now showing him everything. With a quick rub to his eyes, he turned his attention to the floor and saw what seemed to be the hell she had just described. "You're right, it is stuffy down there, and it looks....hmm..a bit cozy." he said pointing in the direction of what seemed to him like a portal to a perfect world, a world with no worries or concerns, a world where he could do nothing but work and sleep, a world which might seem dull to "normal" humans, but mesmerizing in his eyes.

"Umm... what?"
Alice peered down in confusion. All she could see right now was the carpeted floor adorned with shards of broken glass. Even when she'd been a Death Agent she could never see her realm unless at particular checkpoints. The fact that Peter could do so minutes after attaining his powers baffled her. It all seemed so natural to him that she had to wonder if it wasn't fate. Alice shook her head, clearing away all silly thoughts. She had to focus. "Umm. Yeah. It was kinda cozy I guess, if you're into that whole lethargic no energy thing. I'm surprised you're taking it this well actually." She cleared her throat and frowned. Her head was beginning to feel a little fuzzy, and her tongue felt floppy, thick and numb.

"So this morning, I was given a contract to find and kill you. Drag your soul into the Underworld, right? It's my job - well, used to be my job - as a Death Agent. We're special souls, chosen at Death's will to do his dirty work. Now, don't ask me about the screening process 'cos I really don't know alright? Yeah but basically we - fuck." Alice rubbed her head and grimaced. She blinked a few times and with each snapshot her eyes took her vision became blurrier. "Whaat? Holy shit oh my god. I'm more messed up than I thought." It took all of her concentration to force her mouth to say the right words. She hiccuped. "There's not much more to say. I don't understwand it myshelf... Tawlk..." Alice paused, incapacitated for the moment by her drink's effects. Becoming a human for the first time in years and chugging down a bottle of beer didn't seem like the best combination anymore.

He cleared his head of all distortion and listened to her, but her sudden acts of drunkenness interrupted everything and caused him to giggle. "Damn lady, you reminded me of the first time i got drunk." he said and got off the bed. He carried her and placed her gently on the rough mattress on which he sleeps every night, before turning serious. "So you were given a contract to find and eliminate me huh? Well I am flattered and i want to see your boss. Any idea how i can get to him?" he asked rubbing the back of his neck. In his head he had pictured her "boss" to be Satan, or at least some kind of devilish God with supernatural abilities, but strangely, even though he was able to see hell, he couldn't sense the presence of this demonic entity.

Why was he coping so well with these sudden changes in his life, he didn't know, all he knew was that he didn't care. His life was already dull enough and this just might be the thing to spice it up a bit.. He thought to himself.

It felt stifling hot to Alice and she squirmed around the bed trying to lay on the cool parts before finally giving up. She was beginning to feel exhausted now. Faced with the reality of being a mortal being forever was taxing both mentally and physically. "Ahyuh? Drunk? Awh ain't druwnk. Iawm a Dweath Agent, notamortal!" She hiccuped once before rolling over on her side. Alice stuffed her head underneath a pillow, trying to smother her headache. It didn't help and after a while the stuffiness caused her to clumsily attempt to throw it across the room. Her energy now all drained, she quickly fell asleep, the rough mattress feeling like the finest silk to her tired body. "Talk... toboss... we needa ritual..." was all she managed to say before she passed out.

He gave a gentle smile, almost as if he could read her every thought. He watched her as she gently fell asleep remembering the girl in the picture. "It's like I'm looking at you Angela" he whispered and stood up heading for the window. He fixed his stares outside as every thought in this universe, or..universes, since he could now sense hell, roamed the dark abyss, which was his mind. He knew what he had to do for some reason, what he had to do to see that boss of hers, and that ritual she talked about before wandering off into a coma, felt familiar to him, despite not having done it before.
"I wonder how long it has been since i have felt this lively." he said looking at his hands. A mere crazy ass stranger walks into his boring life and twists up his dull reality. he thought to himself.

Alice was made aware of her consciousness by the pain her arm was giving her. Twisted into an awkward position and yet too comfortable to move just yet, Alice opted on sliding her legs around on the bed. It felt good to sleep. She'd never felt so rested in her life. Alice stretched and yawned, enjoying the feeling of what she imagined to be her joints popping. Hell had never felt so good. And she had never felt so... heavy? Alice opened her eyes to the apartment's depressed white walls and groaned. The memories of past events came flooding to her all at once. "Howdy, pardner!" She waved sarcastically to match her tone before giggling in spite of herself. "Howdy, pardner! Howdy! Howdy howdy howdy!" Alice decided she quite liked the sound of that word and spent the next few minutes mimicking a galloping horse before tiring of her games. "So..." she drawled as she lay sprawled with the sheets, "what did I miss? Did I tell ya 'bout the Ritual yet?"

Status
Not open for further replies.