Exclusives

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Yes it is.

You don't know what games are coming for what systems at what times. You only know announced games or games that are already out. However, if announced games aren't finished or released and therefore there are no reviews or gameplay videos to go by (from neutral parties, as opposed to marketing footage/hype) to see if you might like it and make an informed decision based off of that.
Not to mention exclusives may only be timed, or the publisher may decide to add more platforms further into development, or may only be "console exclusive" meaning it'll also come out on the PC.

• Useful
Reactions: SacredWarrior
You're encouraging people to buy a console mid-cycle, but at the same time that would actually be harmful to the industry because pre-orders, first day/week sales are thriving investors and publishers. I'm having trouble following your train of thought. Could you explain your position?

You said that buying a console for a select few games is pointless. That mostly applies to a console's launch hence my mid-cycle statement. Pre-orders and first sales for games are more important than for consoles because without the former, the latter won't sell. Plenty of people don't buy consoles day one anymore because of many reasons. Hardware failures (Red Ring Of Death anyone?), lack of good launch, etc.

You said that buying a console for a select few games is pointless. That mostly applies to a console's launch hence my mid-cycle statement. Pre-orders and first sales for games are more important than for consoles because without the former, the latter won't sell. Plenty of people don't buy consoles day one anymore because of many reasons. Hardware failures (Red Ring Of Death anyone?), lack of good launch, etc.
I said it was a big investment. Whether that is pointless or not is up to the individual to decide. Some people may feel it's worth the investment. Others may not.

And I was speaking about pre-ordering games in that department. However, unless you buy games you can't play for a collector's shelve, you're not going to pre-order any games before a console hits mid-cycle. This is what confuses me about your statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.