Evolution of Roleplaying

My first roleplay was on a dumb weeb site of which @Kuno also was a part of. The site is gone now but the first ever rp I joined was set in an academia setting. Ah, how well that has aged.

Gaia online, funnily enough. The site still functions, still has traction of a sort, but it just ain't what it used to be.

• Love
Reactions: XIII
Oh.. oh.. OH!
My first roleplay was on Chicken Smoothie~!
Any other players out there?

I started "online turn based roleplaying" on Yahoo chat and made a jump to forums after that. I maintained both for a while and forum more and more over time because I got to take my time, make more detailed posts, easily reference past and parallel activity. Haven't looked back since! But did expand the RPG indulgence to games and tabletop

My first-ever roleplays were on Neopets, I was just 14-15 years of age at the time, methinks. I confess, I eventually got banned from there for writing things that got too smutty. I remember it being this oddly cute roleplay, though? My character was a pet store worker with a dark secret: every night he transforms into an ugly, intimidating DEMON! But he fell in love with a very sweet lady who had exotic pets! And then they fell in love. 8D

That I do it was one KHInsider Forums about 2009 I believe give or take a year. The rp section is unfortunately laid silent with little no movement, but the first rp that sucked me straight into rp culture was in fact a Kingdom Hearts AU.

Warriors RP, learned how to do it myself by observing my surroundings in the coding website back in 2019/2020.

Good times.

I miss those times :,)

I made really good friends and most of them I don't have any contact with anymore.

My first experience RPing was roleplaying sonic characters on this site called "fanpop". Pretty cool right?

I don't think I ever wanna see what I wrote back then.

I started roleplaying on a chat server called IMVU, which still insists until this day but unfortunately, some old heads have left so the scene isn't the same. I did basic one to two liners before entering a room and see others doing much, much more. I was taken underneath their wings to teach me the ways of descriptive writing 😊 From there, a friend showed me Gaiaonline, so I branched out to forums and haven't looked back since.

But I do miss the glory days when roleplays were simple 🥺

I think of it as being Facebook Vampire Academy book series roleplay but really it was actually GaiaOnline and giving my phone number to text as I didn't have home internet access. It was NSFW, I was underage. :blinky:

World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade, A blind warlock with a seeing-eye Imp named Steve.