1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)
G'day Iwaku!

Simple question,

Do you remember your first roleplay, and if so, where was it?

I started roleplaying on GaiaOnline, if my memory serves me right (don't judge, I'm old,) it was a back and forth one liner each set in the Inuyasha universe.

Ha. Don't worry. I'll make you feel young XD

I did GaiaOnline at some point. But a couple of years before that, before GaiaOnline existed, I started in yahoo groups. Forums and organized looking threads weren't a thing, and it was such a mess trying to post and not bumping into another person's post (or trying to look for the one you needed to respond to)

• Love
Reactions: Reliance and XIII
I started roleplaying on forums around 20 years ago or so. The first one I actually remember, though, was an instant messenger based RP two years later. It was a cute original story that led to one of my favorite characters... Well, she was one of them. That partner and I also did a Pokemon one and a Megaman one. They were all super fun to me. I should bug him one of these days again... xD

• Love
@densagara oh my GODS I forgot all about yahoo groups! I think I actually started on AOL because all of my friends were on it! The dial up, though. I would tell my mom I was doing homework and be on AOL. Lmfao. I switched to yahoo at some point.

@Juneberry Megaman X on the super Nintendo was my jam as a kid. I actually just bought the collectors edition on the switch!

• Love
Reactions: densagara
I was roleplaying in the Sailor Moon Universe chatroom before I actually knew it was roleplaying 🤔 My first LEGIT roleplay was on a very different style of threaded forum. A Sailor Zodiacs rp where I played Sailor Virgo.

IMMEDIATELY I KNEW I DISCOVERED THE GREATEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE AND THEN RAN OFF AND STARTED MY OWN FORUM. 😂 And that was all the way back in 2001.

I met a couple of friends via a writing website called Storywrite (which was the coolest shit ever btw - anyone else???) and they introduced me to RPing. We mostly did it through group chats (on the site or on MSN/Yahoo messenger, which was also the coolest shit!!!), then created a couple of forums. But I've stuck to Iwaku for years now.

• Love
I started back on Mocospace with my friend Mason. The first thing I remember was a large thing similar to Warrior Cats but instead it was a whole bunch of animals as tribes warring with other tribes.

Last edited:
  • Love
The PE2K forums. That site's dead as a doorknob.

• Love
G'day Iwaku!

Simple question,

Do you remember your first roleplay, and if so, where was it?

I started roleplaying on GaiaOnline, if my memory serves me right (don't judge, I'm old,) it was a back and forth one liner each set in the Inuyasha universe.

mine was exactly this. Inuyasha on Gaia online lol

• Haha
I remember my first online roleplay. Prior to internet access I did a lot of things that were arguably roleplay, some which were even very close to forum RP just using a lot more paper. But I couldn't hope to pinpoint which one of those came first. However, my first online RP was on a website I've never seen anyone else mention and I have no intention of naming because it's trash and I want to be able to keep saying it was trash publicly. In any case it was technically an anime website that had a large RP underground, which was already in decline at that point (which was why I moved to a roleplaying forum not long after getting a taste for it). But the first roleplay I did there was an anime supernatural RP. One of those "this is the location, come and go as you please" types. I made my own RP group of a similar structure but focused on anime demons not long after. No hesitation. Young Dusk was ready to jump in with the bravado of youth.

I know I first started roleplaying on a site called Mweor when I was 11, but unfortunately, I can't remember the content of my first roleplay. I do remember being involved in a lot of supernatural-based roleplays, though. Almost exclusively.

I was roleplaying in the Sailor Moon Universe chatroom before I actually knew it was roleplaying 🤔 My first LEGIT roleplay was on a very different style of threaded forum. A Sailor Zodiacs rp where I played Sailor Virgo.

IMMEDIATELY I KNEW I DISCOVERED THE GREATEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE AND THEN RAN OFF AND STARTED MY OWN FORUM. 😂 And that was all the way back in 2001.
So this is more or less my exact experience as well. Which is no surprise since Sailor Moon Universe is where I met Diana. There was also a failed attempt on a Sailor Moon AOL group where I was Sailor Mars. The whole forum RP experience is all muddled in my brain though I’ll be honest.

I remember my first online roleplay. Prior to internet access I did a lot of things that were arguably roleplay, some which were even very close to forum RP just using a lot more paper.
Ohh, so true!! There was a bit of manual writing involved with me and a couple other friends as well, but that died pretty quickly 😂

Reactions: XIII
Man.... I have to go WAY back to when I was eight. A friend of mine on Club Penguin introduced me to a small group of Sonic Roleplayers on a chatbox website called Xat.com. We used our own custom sonic characters and just let our young and wild imaginations go wild. Everything from park scenes to high and crazy battle scenes. What made it a little more fun is that Xat.com offered actual soundbites to use. So we had explosion sounds, punching sounds, screaming sounds... Etc... It was great fun while it lasted.

Those days are so far behind me now.

Reactions: XIII
I remember my first online roleplay. Prior to internet access I did a lot of things that were arguably roleplay, some which were even very close to forum RP just using a lot more paper.
Ohh, so true!! There was a bit of manual writing involved with me and a couple other friends as well, but that died pretty quickly 😂
Nice! I haven't heard of too many others who've done that (they might just all be in the woodwork, though). We drew our characters and made like a "character profile" out of it and whichever characters were active would hover above the paper we were writing on. Despite giving most of them stats, they weren't important and we never rolled or anything. The longest one of mine actually lasted a very long time - longer than many of my forum games have.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: catalyst and XIII
@Dusk Whoa 😮 that's way cooler than what we did 😂 We created our characters but then just passed a notebook back and forth with our replies, like passing notes.

Uhhh... is it fair to say that my first RP was a Sonic LARP I did with my cousin around 5-6th grade?
But nah, my first actual role-play was 13 years ago in Facebook (literally the first site I've ever joined). It was a 1x1 Neomedieval Fantasy story with a former friend. XDD And by Neomedieval, I mean that it was a combo of Modern Fantasy... but taking place in the Middle Ages? Sorta like Fairy Tail????
I dunno, it was a mess. But boy, I have many fond memories of it.

Back in my day we called it playing pretend. That eventually evolved into MSN messenger and neopets.......then 4kids.....then gaia for a tiny while, minecraft, and now here!

Where my NeoPets crew at?! I started roleplaying there at around 12-13 years old. And pretty much did Vampire RPs.

Where my NeoPets crew at?! I started roleplaying there at around 12-13 years old. And pretty much did Vampire RPs.
Ay yo you rang?

• Haha
Reactions: Reina