Everyday mysteries

K

Kitti

What's your "unsolved mystery"? A shirt you turned the house inside out looking for two years ago that somehow ended up at the top of your sock drawer, an unresolved case of bump in the night? From spooky to detective or whatever else you've got!

Who broke my tablet ...? Years ago, when I was but a child (errr.. 16 actually meh) My aunt bought me a tablet for my birthday. And on the same day it arrived in the mail, I found the screened cracked in my room on my bed!

There were six other children in my house, siblings, they're gross creatures. No matter how long I interrogated every sing one of those monsters the truth never came out. Fingers were pointed, tears were shed, trust was broken, but the criminal was never found ... I still wonder to this day who it was ... and I sometimes bring it up as guilt trip to win arguments.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: lepidoptera
Who broke my tablet ...? Years ago, when I was but a child (errr.. 16 actually meh) My aunt bought me a tablet for my birthday. And on the same day it arrived in the mail, I found the screened cracked in my room on my bed!

There were six other children in my house, siblings, they're gross creatures. No matter how long I interrogated every sing one of those monsters the truth never came out. Fingers were pointed, tears were shed, trust was broken, but the criminal was never found ... I still wonder to this day who it was ... and I sometimes bring it up as guilt trip to win arguments.

... spek told me who did it...

In the vein of MaryGold's'who broke my tablet?' I present to you all...

Who took my parcel and had the poor underworked USPS person (USPSP?) mark it off as hand-delivered, out here in the boonies? What circumstance led you to the area while I was out, and what good did you find in incense? It's very nice smelling, but I dunno if the black market for pretty scents is strong enough to perform a very small act of subterfuge?

To you, o' mysterious vandal, hope it find you well.
But you're gonna infest my dreams probably until I die, I hope you know. (Weirdo.)

• Haha
Reactions: Kitti
I'll never know what caused the vent beside my bed to start thumping. Spoooky.

:cookie:

Back in elementary school I sat next to a friend that one day while in the middle of class got picked up by his mother. All the teacher did as his mother came in was smile and say: 'so, it is happening, huh?'

No one understood what was happening and I thought he would be back the next day. However, he never returned and everyone still wonders what happened and why. We never managed to ask the teacher either even though plans were made to ask.

Another mystery would be a typical 'we moved and now we don't know where it is'. My father had packed the microwave in one of our boxes and said box had arrived at the new place. However, while everyone had seen the microwave as we moved into the new house no one knows where it was when we wanted to use it. It was really weird, because how do you lose a microwave? Since we moved into an old house that later turned out to be built on top of a graveyard we joke around that the ghosts needed a microwave.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
I wish there was the OMG emote for that, Nemopedia, because that first one...
WHAT HAPPENED. WHAT WAS HAPPENING?!
Aaaaaah. I gotta know.

• Haha
Reactions: Nemopedia
I wish there was the OMG emote for that, Nemopedia, because that first one...
WHAT HAPPENED. WHAT WAS HAPPENING?!
Aaaaaah. I gotta know.

This is me, still. Fifteen years later.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I told this one on here before but it is still a mystery. So years ago I was watching The Slayers for the first time with a friend since she had just inherited the first three seasons. She brought the box set of the second season. It was nicely packaged, each disc had its own case. We marathoned about 2 discs before she needed to get back home. She collected the loose cases and that's when she noticed the first one we had watched was missing. Strange. We searched around my room, but it was nowhere to be found. "Just text me if you find it," she said, before leaving. I hunt around, but can't find it. About a half hour later she texts me, "I found it". What? She said she found it laying on her bed when she got home. Somehow the DVD case had traveled 15 miles from my place to hers after we had watched it. Wormholes?

I got two school related mysteries. One from today and one from back when I was in eighth grade.

Mystery one- How do I get an 85 on my Earth Science Regents? Doesn't seem like much of a mystery, right? Well, wrong. You see I only took half of the Regents ( the lab half) and was specifically told by the teacher to not take the other half believing I wouldn't pass. Cue me doing just that. Later on when I was in ninth grade, found out I got an 85 on it. So, it remains a mystery to this day, who either a) took the second half of the regents for me or b) how did I get an 85?

Mystery two- I got an A- on my discussion faciliator today. To this very minute, I haven't written it yet. So, yeah there's that too.

Onward to the next mystery. I moved in between ordering and getting the Smash 4 music soundtrack. So, it was getting sent to the old address. Okay, I knew the landlords, they would tell me when it got there. As far as I know, to this very day, it never got there and it still hasn't made it to me. Was it stolen? Are they holding it hostage? Who knows? It's a mystery where it is.

Mystery 4- The case of the disappearing card plastic holder. I had a card plastic holder entirely empty. Pretty sure that it was on top of the toy box where my books were and I have pretty much searched everywhere but I still can't find it. Who knows where it went? Because I don't.

That's it for now.

• Haha
Reactions: junebug and Kitti
I had a pair of work out shorts that I put into the dryer one day and never saw again until I was cleaning out my closet and they were shoved behind another stack of clothes. I was really happy to find them because they were comfortable and I specifically remember setting them aside to put them back in rotation and they disappeared again. I'm also missing a paring knife from my knife set. I feel weird interrogating people about that one, "did you take my small knife!?" What would they even do with it?

• Haha
I was in Japan with my parents that time. I think I was about eight years old, maybe younger. We were on the train. This old lady came in and sat directly opposite us. She saw me, smiled, then started crying for some reason. I felt guilty thinking I had done something to upset the woman when all I really did was sit there and stare back.

A few stops later, she left the train. I never found out what it was she was crying over, but I have my suspicions.

• Sympathy & Compassion