Every time I backspace (because I'm indecisive) my formatting is off; is there a setting to stop this?

NienieDreamer

Spirit
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
Whilst it is true that I am almost always 'available', mental health and life are getting in the way. I absolutely adore back and forth sessions where I can see the person typing. However, I notice that lately I need more time. Either I don't have the energy, I am having a bad moment or I need more time to think about how to reply. My schedule is quite inconsistent. My weekends are irregular as well. I hope you lovely people understand. I will always try to communicate and stay messaging! And I'm doing my best. Seriously, sometimes I'm just sitting there doing other things, going "Still gotta respond, still gotta respond, still gotta-'' whilst often also thinking about how to respond! For more info, refer to the 'spoon theory'.
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy (Both medieval and modern!)

Scifi (Should NOT be mixed with fantasy!)

Action-Adventure (Oh, how I adore adventure and cool combat stuff, epic scenes, love it!)
So, as the title says, I'm typing and typing and typing. I hit enter and start a new paragraph or line but when I hit backspace, that new line or paragraph gets deleted.
I can see how it can come in handy for some people, but for me personally it's really a pet peeve. Can I turn it off? Please, how?

That's all, thank you in advance. Also, it only happens sometimes...

Thank you in advance. Excuse me for the might-be silly question, I spend ages putting on my profile yesterday and am now trying to search for partners and noticed this when starting and writing the post.

I added a hotfix to the page that MIGHT help, but you'll have to tell me. O_O Supposedly this is fixed in a future editor update, but for now hopefully my hotfix works?