Everland - Interest Check - Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lockheart

Original poster
Setting
A fantastical world filled with Elves and Dwarves and Dragons. With two major continents and various islands, there is a structured world (for those who prefer to have a more defined world) all planned out on the northern continent of Ferandor. And there s an unexplored and unknown land waiting for creation from players (for everyone who wants to create for themselves) on the southern continent of Everland.

Much of the roleplay is geared towards the plots in northern continent. But if you prefer to exploring the southern continent. For a frame of reference, the stories will have a very Game of Thrones feel combines with something like the Mistborn trilogy (for those who have read this, awesome! but if you have not then Google it and look around Wikipedia for basic information). The world itself and the creatures and magic will function a little more fantastical, something akin to the Chronicles of Narnia or Spellsinger (again, read or Google if you don't know xD). Plots and stories will be explained when I know which individual stories will work best for your characters.

Purpose
This roleplay serves two purposes: First is to provide me with the group roleplay that I yearn for. And the second reason for the creation of this roleplay is have a more structure world that what I usually run. Typically, my roleplays are very open and I like to build the worlds with my players (like I plan to do with the southern continent). However, this time, I want to use a more structure world and plot (in the form of the northern continent) and adhere to all of my plans this time instead of deviating.

Requirements
None, really. I would prefer it you have a good understanding of fantasy films and books. But nothing is really necessary to play in this. As for sign up: That will require a character sheet to be posted in the thread (yet to be created) and then I will either accept that character or ask you to make some changes. I will never actually decline a character, just ask for adjustments and postpone their acceptance before I actually do accept them.

So, drop a post if you're interested and if enough people are interested I will the sign up thread. Once we're ready to begin playing I will make a clan with links to everything (in character threads, sign up thread, and this interest check thread). That way you all will be able to work from a single root and find everything easily from the clan page. Given the geography of the world, I think individual in character threads for each major character would be best. And they will all be linked from the clan page. Basically; I will be using the clan page like the old group system.

Ooh! I've been looking for a good fantasy RP... Now hopefully I won't be kicked from this one before it starts...

• Thank You
Reactions: Lockheart
On one occasion because the GM wanted to have his friend in instead, and on three occasions because they wanted smut in the RP.

On one occasion because the GM wanted to have his friend in instead, and on three occasions because they wanted smut in the RP.
Not against smut but I find it very difficult and awkward... But you guys can if you want, just don't break any site rules

Not against smut but I find it very difficult and awkward... But you guys can if you want, just don't break any site rules
I find smut awkward at the best of times, especially in group rps.

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
Interested.

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
@OnI6470 and @Sasha Bliss Thank you!

If any of you have any questions, requests, or ideas then go ahead xD I'll be happy to hear them and am here to help!

Is there a particular plot that'll occur, or is this game more free-based?

Is there a particular plot that'll occur, or is this game more free-based?
Both but more of the second xD Depending on how everyone wants to play, it can be either.

Generally, those who want a more free-based roleplay should go south geographically to the unexplored continent. Where as those one want more structure I recommend staying in the northern continent. I do have multiple plot lines but I don't know what other player's characters will be like yet so I think I should wait and use plot that most fits to the characters. Rather than forcing you all to build to my schematic, my schematic has interchangeable parts to suit all of you ! My biggest plot lines invovle dark gods, evil necromancers, a magic academy, racial (those pesky Elves and stubborn Dwarves) and political tensions, and a fallen star which was the first demon ever to be create and locked away in Heaven having escaped and fallen back down to the world.

If that helps to explain it

Hey~hey^^!!

Interested!

But! Like i know you said no requirements but still need to see if we match up k? So!

Regular rundown: what is posting level, post frequency, max. number of RPers, can we play multi charries, is there dice/stats use?

Hey~hey^^!!

Interested!

But! Like i know you said no requirements but still need to see if we match up k? So!

Regular rundown: what is posting level, post frequency, max. number of RPers, can we play multi charries, is there dice/stats use?
Posting level, I guess is hovering somewhere around intermediat. But elementary is fine. I like to think that I write somewhere between adept and advanced. But then I then I remember all of my typos when roleplaying late at night... Frequency depends on who you're interacting with but personally I think about two times a week is a good minimum unless you're holding someone else up. I don't have any intention of setting a maximum number of players but we will have to see if the roleplay becomes difficult to run with lots of player. My likely answer to too many players will be to request the help of a co-GM. Multiple characters is fine just don't bite off more than you can chew. And I had no intention of using dice or stats but if you plan it with someone I see no reason why you could not use something like that for specific parts, I guess.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Posting level, I guess is hovering somewhere around intermediat. But elementary is fine. I like to think that I write somewhere between adept and advanced. But then I then I remember all of my typos when roleplaying late at night... Frequency depends on who you're interacting with but personally I think about two times a week is a good minimum unless you're holding someone else up. I don't have any intention of setting a maximum number of players but we will have to see if the roleplay becomes difficult to run with lots of player. My likely answer to too many players will be to request the help of a co-GM. Multiple characters is fine just don't bite off more than you can chew. And I had no intention of using dice or stats but if you plan it with someone I see no reason why you could not use something like that for specific parts, I guess.

Thanks for answers^^! But gunna withdraw interest. Good luck with RP!!

• Thank You
Reactions: Lockheart
Status
Not open for further replies.