5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
hCy0Rnq.png

-----​

Premise

The year is 2072. Everdream Park is an ultra-luxury fantasy-themed amusement park that caters to guests' every need and desire, no matter how base.

Those who seek thrills can quest alongside pirates, bandits, knights, wizards, and more. The connoisseur can wine and dine in a bevy of taverns and inns, and the pleasure-seeker can find the company of many a courtesan.

Everdream Park is essentially a live-action MMORPG. It is a constructed world populated by androids (called "hosts") who are anatomically correct and entirely AI-driven. Every inhabitant of the park - every elf, every dwarf, beast, monster, critter, even the plants in Everdream Park are built and printed using organic material, and are virtually indistinguishable from their real-world counterparts. The humanoid hosts not only look like humans, behave like humans, and interact like humans, they think that they themselves are humans.

The park is huge - approximately 500,000 square miles, nearly twice the size of the state of Texas. The park has its own self-contained economy, and all the details, down to the tiniest of minutia, are overseen by staff from the headquarters of the park.

Hook

Everdream Park, owing to its remarkable innovations in AI and nanotechnology, has never had a guest casualty in its 20+ years of operation.

But something dark is occurring behind the gorgeous facade of this constructed fantasy reality. While Everdream Park has operated for years without incident, a recent change is about to cause all of it to come crashing down. Host AI has always done a remarkable job of preventing hosts from harming the guests. For decades, visitors to Everdream Park have been able to explore and adventure with the guarantee of safety, and simply the illusion of danger.

For guests entering the park now though, those changes to the AI are about to make that danger much more real.

The Players (You!)

Players in the Everdream Park RP can play as guests, hosts, or park staff.

The Guests:
As you can probably imagine, an experience on the scale of Everdream Park is quite expensive, so a majority of the guests to the park are generally wealthy. They are business magnates, celebrities, athletes, stock brokers, developers… the list goes on. Still, there are other ways for more common folk to enter: sweepstakes drawings, lotteries, or simply saving up enough money to splurge on an experience of a lifetime.

Guests can do whatever they want to the hosts, within reason. They can harm the hosts, even kill them. Hosts, on the other hand, are not able to seriously harm guests (beyond minor cuts and bruises) due to restrictions in Host AI.

As the events of this story unfold, however, the tables will turn. Guests will eventually realize that for some reason, they can be harmed by the hosts, even killed by them. When the veil of pretend danger of the park is lifted and the threats become real, how will your characters respond?

The Hosts:
If Everdream Park is like an MMORPG and the guests are the players, then Hosts are like the NPCs. The hosts are androids, built anatomically correct and governed by AI. They are intelligent enough to improvise and adapt as situations change, to make conversation with you, and to get to know you. They can problem-solve and think their way around tough situations.

In many ways, the hosts are meant to feel like your sidekicks, your partners, your love interests, your rivals. Some of them are designed to make you fall in love with them, while others are designed for you to despise them so that you can relish in the moment you get to slay them.

The hosts have no concept of a world outside Everdream Park, and they don't even know they're not real. They think, breathe, feel, bleed, and die, just like you. The only difference is, when hosts die, they get cleaned up, reset, and put back into rotation.

The Staff:
Park Staff generally reside in the hub, where they oversee the operations of the park itself. Some are tasked with developing and maintaining backstories for the hosts, while others actually program and teach the hosts how to behave. Some perform other tasks, like QA, cleaning/servicing, and manufacturing.

Most staff live full-time on the hub, only rotating out for vacations scheduled months in advance. Everdream Park runs a tight ship, and every member of its team is integral to making sure the park's guests have an unforgettable experience.

Of course, not all is well behind the scenes either. Politics, drama, and power plays take place among the staff in Everdream Park, just like anywhere else.

Themes

By juxtaposing a fantasy world in a sci-fi future environment like this, we open up a LOT of possibilities for storytelling in terms of the themes we can explore. Here are just a few for you to chew on:

• The Nature of Free Will - Hosts all have their own dreams, ambitions, and personality. If not killed, they can basically go indefinitely without intervention from park staff. When they are indistinguishable from a regular human and can function like a regular human, does this make them human? Do their thoughts and feelings have value? If they can operate independently of a controller, are they intelligent? Are they conscious?
  • The Inner Self - When guests come to Everdream Park, they are essentially given a blank check in a world where the rules no longer apply. Anything they want to do to the hosts, they can. What does their behavior in the park tell you about them? If a politician and philanthropist goes on a murderous rampage in the park, is that simply them letting off steam, or is the park revealing their darker side?
  • Suffering - The hosts have a rough life. They have things stolen from them, they get beaten, sometimes raped, sometimes killed, by the guests. On a daily basis. Every day they go through this. The hosts can react appropriately: they plead, they cry, they cower. Is this suffering real? Does it matter that other people have done this to them when you are the one doing this to them?
  • Love - Naturally, if you quest with a host long enough, get to know them well enough, they may grow fond of you. You may even grow fond of them. If you fall in love with a host, and they tell you they love you back, is that love real? Does the host actually love you, even if, when you leave the park or when they die, they will simply be put back into rotation and do the same thing with someone else?
  • Power - An experienced guest in Everdream Park might view it as sort of a game. After all, the hosts can't hurt you. Why should you perform the fetch quest this time when you've done it before and you know the quest item you need is in the host's pocket? Why not kill him instead and just jump ahead? The guests have that power over the hosts. What happens when the roles are reversed?

If any of this stuff interests you, please let me know. I will be posting the OOC soon.

Feel free to pop on into the Discord if you have questions or if you want to discuss, or just hang out!

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
  • Sweet
Reactions: junebug and Spekkun
Interested ^_^

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
  • Thank You
Totally in for this.

• Thank You
Hell yeah, I told you I'm interested!

@Falcon @Mglo @Zen @PoetLore @Minerva @chaosheart13 @Water Lilies

The OOC is now open!

I highly suggest you also join the Discord, if you haven't already, so that we can discuss and bounce ideas around!

I don't use discord much but I'll hop on once I'm caught up with posting.

Also...are we each doing one character or is it ok to do more than one?

@PoetLore no, I made a separate Discord just for this RP. You're welcome to create more than one character if you like.

Whoops, forgot to tag @unanun - the OOC and signups are now open, lol

This is back up? Any room I want in