Ever fallen in love with your shipping?

"A long time," is not incredibly descriptive. If this is a popular culture thing then no wonder I haven't seen it.

If I'm just going to be wrong then I'm not sure what else to say. I thought I was clear but I'll use a different approach; no. I do not do this thing that you do.

Okie.

Do friendships work? Because my characters definitely had friendships that I absolutely adore(d). One of them being with @Noctis the Devious. The reason why varies, be it because of the witty banter that exists between the characters, or because the other draws out a new side out of the character which I haven't explored a lot yet, didn't get to explore, or didn't know about at all.

As for ships as in romantic ships, I haven't. I don't enjoy romances enough for that, I think and neither have I ever roleplayed a romance that I like enough to gush over.

• Love
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Do friendships work? Because my characters definitely had friendships that I absolutely adore(d). One of them being with @Noctis the Devious. The reason why varies, be it because of the witty banter that exists between the characters, or because the other draws out a new side out of the character which I haven't explored a lot yet, didn't get to explore, or didn't know about at all.

As for ships as in romantic ships, I haven't. I don't enjoy romances enough for that, I think and neither have I ever roleplayed a romance that I like enough to gush over.

That counts ya

ack. i do this all the time, and i blame it on the fact that i'm a bit of a hopeless romantic :'- )
i fall in love with the friendships too, because they're just as cute, if not cuter, than a ship.

So true! ;.; I'm so glad I'm not alone here.

Congrats! You've experienced magical RP chemistry!

I wouldn't say I get overly emotionally invested in my roleplays, but I definitely do feel it when characters are extra alive, especially when it comes to character interaction. Romantic or otherwise, seeing the dynamics between characters is absolutely the best part of roleplaying for me. I have a few people I've had great roleplay chemistry with and it's always just a little more fun and rewarding.

Congrats! You've experienced magical RP chemistry!

I wouldn't say I get overly emotionally invested in my roleplays, but I definitely do feel it when characters are extra alive, especially when it comes to character interaction. Romantic or otherwise, seeing the dynamics between characters is absolutely the best part of roleplaying for me. I have a few people I've had great roleplay chemistry with and it's always just a little more fun and rewarding.
Oh god, so true *_*!

I"ve been involved in RP for decades and I've done both. I've compartmentalized and purposely remained separate and I've been so invested and involved in a storyline that it felt like my heart was going to stop in my chest.

I will say though, that personally I find that when I remain aloof and separate my writing suffers. I think at least some part of me has to be emotionally invested in order for my inner muse to flare to life. That said, it's more emotionally healthy to keep fiction separate. It's not real and no one should treat it like it is, though I know MANY do. When it becomes a replacement for having actual relationships with real people is when you are in danger and may need to take a step away.

my two OTPs are Emile and Arros with @Black_Sheep and Luca and Sebastian with @Cosmic Fey and I WON'T APOLOGIZE

Once. #NeverAgain

Honestly, I have several ships, past and present, that are like this.

Ones that are so sickeningly sweet that I love it but know I would try and strangle my partner if I was in their shoes all the way to really screwed up ones that I still adore for every minute of their time together.

Right now, my main ships are:

My shape shifting support dog and his human partner (Very co-dependent for different reasons, but really cute and fluffy)

My very confused omega that was raised to be an alpha with an alpha that hates his role in society.

My dragon bully and his changling victim. (I swear, even though this is one of my slower RPs, I practically die every time it's replied to, and I am looking forward for the boys to just get it figured out!)

A necromancer and my human that's set to die in the near future. A soulmate RP where they don't know that this is what their bond is.

But most of my RPs wind up with relationships that I just fawn over and adore. There are times when I'll dream about the RPs and where they might go, or how they might end. But, for the most part, the thought of them ending is one that I like to push aside, because I'd love to have these ships solidify themselves as things I'll come back to time and time again. The feels are what make them so worth it.